Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Newly DX

(1/1)

Nikki02:
Hello all,

I was Recently diagnosed with HIV through a long overdue checkup with my PCP. My blood was sent for testing and my results came back low. After my second blood dram my PCP recommended me to a hematologist. Me thinking it couldn’t even be possible I agreed to be test for HIV. A few weeks go by and i get a call from my hematologist to come back in— now at this point I’m thinking maybe it’s cancer because what else could be wrong with my blood!? I go Into the doctor and i hear the most devastating news .. YOU TESTED POSITIVE FOR HIV… In that moment i felt mortified. I was Confused upset scared angry and just hurt.. i left the doctors and immediately called my sister , while hysterically crying I was trying to figure out how i was Going to tell me new partner this news as we’ve been intimate for a while now! Eventually i did and that was hard— we are still together—- he’s tested multiple times since my diagnosis and is still negative, which makes me feel better!

It’s been about 5 months since my diagnosis and i still Can’t wrap my mind around this .. some days are easier than others but I’m just looking for some extra support

Jim Allen:
Hi

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis. Glad to hear that your relationship has continued and that your partner tested negative.

--- Quote ---It’s been about 5 months since my diagnosis and i still Can’t wrap my mind around this .. some days are easier than others but I’m just looking for some extra support
--- End quote ---

5 months, is still very recent and being newly diagnosed can feel overwhelming at times, and it can take time to digest everything. Just know that you are not alone and we're here to support each other.  :)

BTW Did you start treatment, and how is that going?

Jim.

Nikki02:
Hey Jim ,

Yes i have started treatment I’ve been taking it for about 4 months received almost undetectable levels after a month of taking my meds! Staying on top of my treatment has been easy but i do Panic from time to time about waking up late or missing a dose or even sometimes over panicking and potentially taking a double dose.. so that can create ALOT of anxiety

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

Most of us get used to taking daily meds, but plenty of us do use a pillbox to help keep track of our meds, prehaps getting one would help reduce your fears.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pill_organizer

--- Quote ---Yes i have started treatment I’ve been taking it for about 4 months received almost undetectable levels after a month of taking my meds!
--- End quote ---

:) Cool and that good results then.

Also and I am sure you know this the other benefit of taking meds is once you have achieved an undetectable viral load (Less than 200 copies) for at least six months, you can't sexually pass on HIV.
https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=71864.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version