Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:34:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 485
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 463
Total: 463

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: cause for celebration ?  (Read 4909 times)

Offline em

cause for celebration ?
« on: February 25, 2017, 12:30:38 am »
sorry due not have the time line of HIV on my list of frequent visits. but it has been over or about twenty years since pro tease inhibitors have turned HIV from a death sentence into a life sentence.  but this date should be celebrated some place should'n it

well it is Friday night I am going be great full for the drug that prevented me from slipping into a premature untimely early very pain filled demise  death end of days dirt nap I think you get the idea .

thank you for a place to share my thoughts

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
Re: cause for celebration ?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 11:06:25 am »
Hi Em, They saved me too, I will celebrate with you ...Cheers  :)
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 04:28:25 pm »
Cheers to a great anniversary!

twenty-five years and 2 months ago, I started out on AZT. I admit I snicker and roll my eyes sometimes reading the posts by some of the newbies, especially when they are so scared and fearful about the meds. I mean, taking the meds really can be and will be one of the most unimportant things in your day-to-day life even if it was one of the most important days of your life when you took those first meds. :D

It's always fun to celebrate the milestones in your life, so congrats on all the mileage you've gotten out of your meds! :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline em

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 11:01:54 am »
hope fully I can keep this short

on when we rise I was going to post a while ago but did not want to give a spoiler  for anyone. I recall taking azt 3tc and a blue tablet that had to be taken on an empty stomach it came up almost as fast as it went down. When on of the main characters was prescribed azt 3tc and something else he threw up. I had thought been there done that.

Another post had mentioned shingles I was going to reply but it is more about my experience with it. My mom God rest her sole ( cause she passed away ) had said twenty years ago or so. her friends son  had HIV to and I had said I would like to say hello and compare notes. We walked up to him and I smiled . My mom says do you know him? I had said NO. I did not want to say what I was thinking that made me smile  because he had shingles scars on his forehead just like I did.

major embarrassment did not want to compare shingles scars

anyway just wanted to write something about my life

Offline em

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 12:18:44 pm »
this has been eating at me for a while

This I kind of blame on activists making waves protesting for the results they say they need bring attention to there cause while the powers that be find other ways to  enforce there authority to push down the down trot en. Just a connection a result unseen by most and most  may not make that connection  I think the powers that be have found a way to make examples out of some of us to make there views clear  this is the other results I blame on peaceful protesting and activism causing the powers that be to find other ways to punish people not as well connected and influential as others might be

This one is about mental illness and getting help from the ER and the results ??

one time I had wanted a cigarette after waiting for hours for a doc at an ER . the orderly said no you are under observation for mental illness and you have to wait   I through a fit about being detained without my rights. He grabbed me in a sleeper hold breaking my neck that hurt for years and still hurts dislocating a vertebrate in my neck  and almost killing me . I went to another hospital to get a cat scan for it and it showed fluid and swelling and a dislocation from the trauma. They are illegal for police to use but someone did not tell this ER orderly about that

another time after taking norvir for years my kidneys were full of stones a cop started punching me in the kidneys while doing twinkle toes boxing dancing around me. causing a large stone to clog the connection between my kidney and bladder causing me to loss my right kidney. I have what is left of it it just does not work and has calcified 

so protesting and activism to gain something?? all I can see is the powers that be have found ways to make sure there authority is respected by usurping the laws and rules to punish those that suffer from mental illness and HIV in the disguise of keeping the peace and maintaining order through fiscal trauma. Like who is going to believe and mental patient with hiv over an orderly or police man??

why is it HIV has to be tied to being gay I know hiv is mostly the problem of men who have sex with men why is it not just a people thing anyone can get it so why not let it be just that a social problem rather then there problem them being men who have sex with men . to the general population that makes it not there problem and not there concern.

HIV being tied to mental illness and it is open season on the double undesirability of this poor unfortunate person being me.

sorry this one ate at me for  a long time being told I should go to the ER for help with  mental illness
as far as needing to go the ER for help with mental issues? anyone who might suggest such a thing. should first of all  go to a skin head rally wearing the  bright yellow leisure suit with the pink ascot  and matching pink hanker chief that goes in the breast pocket and lets not forget the color coordinated socks.  That they keep in there closet for just such a special occasion. Then get up and speak to the attendees about the importance of being an individual and being true to your self while complementing them on the coordinated outfits and how hot they look while giving a double snap in z formation. Or better yet go to a police gathering and tell them how hot you get for a man in uniform and have a special place in your heart for men who serve or more recent reference go to a President Trump Rally and start shooting I am here I am queer get over it. wearing T shirt that says something about illegal aliens  lives mater especially latino lives matter while screaming slogans.   

needless to say I have suffered greatly at the hands of our great society in the name of mental health locking me up without do process and anyone who thinks mental health facilities serve a purpose of helping those in need. If you believe prisons are a deterrent and rehabilitate. what color is the sky in your world have I got a deal for you invest now at no risk. it is to say I believe that view to be naive  and miss guided and no base in reality. by suffering you gain strength. Then I am so strong and I can not bear it ??

these are places of suffering and unimaginable injustices the hands of those  who run them. I know from first hand experience.

One time I was placed in am Alzheimer word at a VA hospital I go on and on about the mistreatment there.

I have written to much already and probably to much and will get thrown out of here but at least I know It will not eat at me anymore that going to the ER for help!!

I know this place is not equipped to help every need. To say " we are not equipped to handle you problems here ? " seems to me to be a rude cop out  just another way of saying go away.  even if the need is just to be heard to tell what is eating at me and hope it does not happen to others

again sorry I may have said to much but just wanted to be heard and not pushed down and away please forgive any transgressions well it is not like I have lots of friends and anyway you can see why I am not a very like able person \\

I hope this just shows how hurt I was by telling me to go the ER for help with advice like that who needs enemies. the ER sorry been there done that as far help goes my definition of help and yours are very different

sorry to write so much about being hurt by such a small statement but every time I hear have you taken your medication or are you off your meds HA HA  even if it meant as a joke I think of all the suffering I Have endured that a painful joke like that eats at me to no end and to be hurt by such an unintentional well meaning joke it still hurts even if it might have been written with the best intentions it was an inconsiderate uncaring suggestion to some one who just wanted to be heard

do what you will I have stated my view and am proud of the fact  I fond the strength to do so and place I could try and do just that

Offline em

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 12:55:20 pm »
Yes I suffer from mental illness

my biggest problem I see the world the way it could be rather then the way it is

that alone is enough to eat at you and destroy every aspect of your life

if you did see the color of the sky in my world you would never except the world you live in the way it is anymore it would drive you just as crazy as I am

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 09:44:29 am »
Hey Em,

I was on the clinical trials for 3tc !
That brought back memories for me as well.

Sorry to hear you are going through such are rough time, we are always here when you need us  :)

Hugs, Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.