Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:40:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 203
Total: 203

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Reflections on AMG 2012: Washington DC  (Read 17725 times)

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
Reflections on AMG 2012: Washington DC
« on: July 30, 2012, 09:52:21 pm »
This is one of those times when I know that words will not come close to conveying the emotions felt; adequately describe the time spent with friends; nor, capture the sadness one inevitably feels when saying farewell at the end of the event. From the tours of the museums, to the dinners (China Garden was my favorite - we had more food then we knew what to do with), to the drinks (we had more of those then you can count - but we knew what to do with those), to the times spent as a group, as smaller groups, and with individuals among the group, to the unforgettable and emotional Memorial Service, to the Meet and Greet (FYI - the pictures online don't quite portray an accurate view of the venue - but we still had a blast), to the wonderful hotel (thanks Dennis!), to the....... well - you get the picture....

I think that the temperature of Washington DC (which was very very hot) was added on to by the warmth of those who were in attendance at this year's AMG.

I was welcomed on Thursday by RAB - what a warm, sincere welcome it was. Equally sincere was his care, concern, compassion, and the hug we shared when saying good-bye at the end of the event. Thank you RAB. It was a pleasure getting to meet you.

Jan (Ms. Jan) - I was honored to be able to meet you and the love others have for you was evident the moment you walked into the hotel. What an amazingly wonderful person. There are times in our lives when we know that we are in the presence of angels - being in Jan's company was one of those times.

And Jen.... my smoking buddy..... I can honestly say that I have not laughed so hard and felt so comfortable with someone in a LONG time. I can only count the days until I will be in your company again. You are phenomenal.

Jody - you met and exceeded every thought I had of you prior to meeting you in person. People had told me how wonderful you are - but, I got to experience it with my own eyes. Thank You from the bottom of my heart.

Speaking of hearts.... is there one bigger than Mark's? Always a kind word coming out of his mouth. Mark you are gracious with a heart that shines through your smile.

Basquo and Santi = two wonderful guys! You could feel their connection and love. And, the wonderful thing about it? They share that love with others. I look forward to spending time again with both of you again - either at AMG 2013 or here in Miami (let's make it happen).

Ed and Ray (JRE) - I had the best time with both of you walking and eating on the national mall; visiting the American History Museum, and the Holocaust museum (where we were all moved, speechless, and heavy with emotion)..... the solemn room was truly solemn (until, of course, my cell phone broke the silence in the room , when it started ringing with the theme to RENT ---- OOPS!)

Den and Bob - the wonderful time you two were having was so obvious... I love how outgoing you both are - Thank you for sharing your excitement with all of us.

Will - you are truly a WILD man!!!  I don't think there was a time that I saw you that you weren't on the move and making plans for the next night out. Everything is bigger in Texas - and your warmth and friendliness were a reflection of that.

Henry - WOW!!! What a guy. Another person who is always smiling, sharing kind words, and where would we be without your navigational skills? Thanks for being there and for providing me with the opportunity to meet you.

Wolfter - dang, you are going to hurt your cheeks from smiling so much!  Just remember... No Shots for you!!!!! It was nice getting to talk with you this morning before I got ready to leave for the airport.

Bonnie and the Davids!!!!  One is great, two are greater, and the three of you together are pure greatness.  Bonnie epitomizes class! So, friendly and a smile that lights up the room. The Davids..... you two give me hope in the power of relationships. These two are in-sync. The respect they have for each other is so obvious and shows in how they interact with everyone around them ---- These are three people that make you wish AMG was one, two, or three weeks longer so you could spend more time with them.

KlassyKitty - I am so glad you were able to get time off work to come. It was great getting to talk with you on Thursday evening.... I hope you got your hairspray back....   ;D

Nick - we had a great conversation while having brunch in Eastern Market.... next time we have to talk some more. Your experiences and thoughts are shared in a way that pulled my attention and made me want to hear more. THANK YOU.

Mike (Bocker)..... Another one of the people that first greeted me and another guy who is always smiling and spreading warmth. It was wonderful to spend time with you. I think we got to talk each day and at each of the events - and each time it made me look forward to the next activity to get to talk more with you. THANK YOU for that.

Gary - a man whose gift of capturing the meaning of our struggles, our pain, our joy, and losses, and - most importantly, OUR HOPE - is not only evident through his profound words spoken at the Memorial Service, but who than carries those words into his conversations with everyone he comes into contact with. Gary - he doesn't just speak these words - the power of his message comes from him living what he speaks. I enjoyed our conversation over brunch. We have to compare notes when the Great and Powerful Oz comes out.

Speaking of great and powerful.... Jeff... my friend on these forums, my friend who got me through more than a few struggles via phone.... and my friend who I finally got to meet at AMG.... I have only one complaint (and the fault lies with me), I wish I would have gotten to spend more time with you. I love the way you carry yourself.... always careful in weighing your words, speaking with meaning - you had me wanting to hear more and you already have me looking forward to getting to talk with you more via phone and at future AMGs (heck, I may even make a trip to Alabama).

The walker of the group - Ernie.... this guy has a wonderful smile and he has swag.... I think that I got to see that at the restaurant we ate at on Dupont Circle (Bistro Bistro).... you had the waiter engrossed in a great conversation... what that said to me was, this is a guy who can make friends anywhere, with anyone, and who enjoys doing it. It is always a pleasure to meet someone who enjoys life the way you do and who walks his way through every part of it.

Our special guest - Tim Horn - though we only got to spend Thursday evening with you on Dupont Circle ---- we packed so much into that time. Everyone - make no mistake about it, Tim Horn is a man who defines advocacy. The sincerity with which he delivers his message and his tireless efforts on behalf of people with HIV, those affected by HIV, and the prevention of HIV are unsurpassed. I would be one of the first to vote to have a monument of him erected on the National Mall (but not any time soon - as he still has a lot of work to do, the energy to do it, and the commitment to get it done). Meeting him will have me giving my gratitude to him out loud (and to Peter) each time I get on these forums from here on out.

Long post.... but small in its ability to convey what these people and this AMG 2012 meant to me.

Thank you all for allowing me to be a part of such a wonderful gathering.

And to anyone who was unable to attend or who has never attended - please, please consider joining us next year........ It is an event that will have a pronounced impact on you.

September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Reflections on AMG 2012: Washington DC
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 10:47:17 pm »
And another one drinks the AMG kool-aid.  It's tasty stuff. 

"You can't know until you go" is what I'd say to anyone.

I wish I could have made it this year, but circumstances just wouldn't allow it right now.  I'm glad you had such a terrific time, Phil.  You're not only a great guy in general, but you've put a lot of care and work into AMG - even for one you weren't attending.  You deserved to have the best experience of it, and I'm glad you received it.

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 11:40:36 am »
Phil, you were Spot-on with your opinion of the all of us @ this yrs. AMG 2012 in D.C. YES I had FUN, and I met the most wonderful people I will ever know, and I hope that friendship last for a long time to come  ;)

The Meet & Greet was FUN although after getting started w/ RAB, ( at the Bar) I don't recall much after that.........RAB (Rocky)  I LOVE YOU  :-*  and Thanks for showing me & Bob just what a NYC Manhattan was .................there are so many of you to thank, it would take up way to much in a post..... so thank you Phil  :-*

Did anyone find my shirt.....LOL  I don't remember what happened to it, or what I even did @ D.C. Eagle   :P   .....THANK YOU  David_NC for taking us there  S.W.A.C.K, and I'll miss you and your Hubby the most.......Bob & I are gonna have to come up your way to attend one of your Romp-in-the-wood ( w/ dancing under the night time stars) hell I may even DJ for all of you  ;D

Hugs  :)

Bob & Dennis in ABQ
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 12:20:55 pm »
Thanks for your kind words Phil , it was great meeting you and you are welcome to visit anytime .

I'm home now but still trying to take it all in and process the trip . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 12:50:27 pm »
I'm sitting here at Washington National airport, waiting for my flight home. While I'm feeling so sad to be leaving everyone, Phil's post is a good reminder of why I love AMG and all of you who attend.  Thank you, Phil. I'm sure I'll have more to post after I get home.
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline wolfter

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 05:28:50 pm »
Thanks Phil.  I'm sure I'll post more later but I am drag ass tired.  Just got home after several delays.  One fortunate aspect of one delay was I got to spend more time with Gary which brightened up my sadness a bit.

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mikeyb39

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 07:28:17 pm »
glad everyone had a good time....i''m officially jealous.  lol.  would love to see some pics to see what i missed.
11/02/2010  cd4-251, vl-591000
12/09/2010  started Atripla
02/18/2011  cd4-425, vl-800
06/10/2011  cd4-447, vl-70
10/10/2011  cd4-666, vl-80
01/05/2012  swiched med (prezista,norvir ,isentress, )
02/10/2012  cd4-733, vl-UD  Viread removed
06/10/2012  cd4-614, vl-UD
12/14/2012  cd4-764, vl-UD
09/01/2013  cd4-785, vl-UD
03/06/2014. cd4- 1078, VL-UD
09/05/2014  cd4-850 , VL-UD
09/05/2014 switched meds isentress, prezcobix -still only two antivirals
10/14/2015  cd4-600 , VL-UD

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 09:18:36 pm »
Dearest Phil

It was an absolute pleasure meeting you, we had some good laughs And I miss that already.

It's our last night so we are busy packing and thinking about our new mate and missing you.

I will post something when I'm home and rested.

Aloha
Jan :-*
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:20:46 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Jody

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 08:58:56 pm »
Thanks for your kind words Phil, I also had a great time in DC and feel the friendship between us all to be as strong as ever. 

Thanks also to you Phil as you really kept the logistics of the grants committee together and are very organized indeed. 

A special thanks to a very bright and kind man, Gary for his really outstanding job at this years memorial.  Gary presents ideas in an interesting and compassionate way and his references to The Shawshank Redemption, The Normal Heart and other great works in relation to living with HIV and maintaining one's spirit was genius.

Thanks Nick for arranging our White House Tour.  Nick and RAB almost didn't get in due to a birthday mixup, I think they thought Nick was born the day before the tour, probably that was off a little.  But the White House was cool and I really liked the Capitol building, it was really magnificent, a ceiling in the rotunda that was incredible and a very informative walk through.  The Art and Space museum was really fun, form Amelia in aeronautic infancy to Armstrong on the moon. One work had a man flying a plane virtually outside the cockpit, he was flat on his stomach outside the plane already, that would not be an adventure for me I tell you!

The Newseum was very informative and lots of fun with a great 4D movie that spoke of Edward R. Murrow, who covered the Nazi bombing London and of the female reporter Nellie Bly, who went undercover at a female mental hospital to expose it's horrors and got major changes made.  Also all of the most famous Pulitzer prize winning photography of our history, much of it tragic but some of it very inspiring and hopeful.

The trains are nice and run well and go everywhere so that is cool.  Arlington is so close to everything you could want to see.  I would say the stations need better lighting and to make the signs on the platform easier to read but otherwise no complaints with our transportation at all, quite the opposite.

The Holocaust Museum was really sad but an incredibly well done way of presenting this tragic era in our world's events, it is hard to believe it could have happened in such a precise and planned out fashion, man's inhumanity to man at it's zenith, which horribly continues unabated today.

Some of the guys went into Washington our last night and had a great time, it is so pretty lit up at night and we walked far and wide.  We even escaped a swarm of insects and ran like lunatics waving our arms wildly running and screaming like schoolgirls, yes!  It would have been a natural for You Tube, but alas will be subjected to our memories only forever.

Our meet and greet was very nice and it was good to have Tim Horn there, a pleasant surprise and Tim is always very informed, lots of fun (and good looking too!).

Thanks to Dennis as well, we missed you handsome!

It was as always very cool to meet old friends and greet new ones as well.  As Jews often say: Next year in Jerusalem...Well probably not, but hopefully somewhere closer. ;) :)

Jody :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:05:06 pm by Jody »
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline wolfter

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 10:01:38 pm »
Thanks Jody, I'll never get that image out of my mind. 6 middle aged gay men being attacked by fruit flies, screaming and flailing and having that poor jogger dude stop in his tracks and make an about face.   ;D

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 10:45:46 pm »
Thanks Jody, I'll never get that image out of my mind. 6 middle aged gay men being attacked by fruit flies, screaming and flailing and having that poor jogger dude stop in his tracks and make an about face.   ;D

I may have been running and flailing, but I was NOT screaming -- I was laughing my ass off at the absurdity of it all.  I also had the sense to cover my mouth and not swallow any of the swarm -- unlike others!!

Mike

Offline Lou-ah-vull

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 11:11:30 pm »
I always miss the good stuff! 

Gary
Diagnosed Oct. 2005
10/05:  367 (26.2%), 24556 VL
01/06:  344 (24.6%), 86299 VL
04/06:  374 (22.0%), 87657 VL
05/06:  Began HAART 05/15/06, Combivir/Kaletra
07/06:  361 (27.8%), 1299 VL
10/06:  454 (32.4%), 55 VL
01/07:  499 (38.4%), UD
02/07:  Switched to Atripla 2/8/07
04/07:  566 (37.7%), UD
08/07:  761 (42.3%), UD
06/08:  659 (47.1%), UD
01/09:  613 (43.8%), UD
07/09:  616 (47.4%), UD
01/10:  530 (44.2%), UD
07/10:  636 (48.9%), UD
01/11:  627 (48.2%), UD
07/11:  840 (52.5%), UD
01/12:  920 (51.1%), UD
07/12:  857 (50.4%), 40
10/12:  UD
01/13:  710 (47.3%), UD
07/13:  886 (49.2%), UD
01/14:  985 (46.9%), UD
06/14:  823 (47.2%), UD
01/15: 1366 (45.2%), UD
07/15: 1134 (50.7%), UD
02/16: 1043 (55.1%), UD
08/16:  746  (55.4%), UD
08/16:  Switch from Atripla to Genvoya

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 06:00:13 am »
It sounds wonderful and I too am offically green with envy, its an ambition to attend one day.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline wolfter

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 10:09:35 am »
Everyone has my expressed written consent to post pictures.  Unfortunately, I didn't seem to take too many.

You can also email me copies and I will be eternally grateful.

pm me and i'll provide my email address

Thanks!

Greg
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:09:12 am by wolfter »

Offline denb45

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 11:07:54 am »
Everyone has my expressed written consent to post pictures.  Unfortunately, I didn't seem to take too many.

You can also email me copies and I will be eternally grateful.

Thanks!

Greg

I'd really remove that email address if I were you, that's really not a good thing to post in here  ::)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline wolfter

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 11:09:54 am »
I'd really remove that email address if I were you, that's really not a good thing to post in here  ::)

I'm not sure why, but I did remove it.  I'll have to think through why that's a bad idea. :D

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 12:58:01 pm »
I'm not sure why, but I did remove it.  I'll have to think through why that's a bad idea. :D

Because I will now stalk you
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline wolfter

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 01:10:04 pm »
Because I will now stalk you

I know you're smitten with me, but no need to stalk or bully;  just confess your absolute adoration. ;D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 05:25:23 pm »
I know you're smitten with me, but no need to stalk or bully;  just confess your absolute adoration. ;D

didn't I hear you giggling during a Wumpy/Henry drunk dial during Meet&Greet?

Offline wolfter

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 05:31:05 pm »
didn't I hear you giggling during a Wumpy/Henry drunk dial during Meet&Greet?

If I was present, then of course I was giggling.  I do that a lot.  It's only when I quit smiling and laughing that people should get worried, very worried. :o  I think they drunk dialed you during the herpies scare episode.  Thought for sure he'd be posting in the "Am I" forum.  Still waiting on Willy to give permission to post the picture.  Couldn't get him away from the mirror.

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 07:25:24 pm »
I agree with all that's been said.

I will post more when I am more together, but I just got home today.

I will add that sharing the Newseum and other museusm, tours, etc., with our KlassyKitty and getting to know her a bit better was certainly very nice.

More to come when I am more coherent.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline denb45

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 09:57:41 am »
I've got a crush on the following people @ this yrs. AMG 2012 in D.C.

RAB ( Rocky)
Jody
Mike (bocker)
Will  ( WillyWump)
Ray  (J.R.E.)
Phil
and David & David
Nick ( pozniceguy)

There, I said it, I got it off my chest, I feel liberated for saying it, It FREED ME

I already miss the hell outta you all  :'(

Hugs

DEN

Offline Jody

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 12:59:17 pm »
Thanks Dennis, miss you too you fun guy you!

I was talking to RAB the other day and we both are suffering from withdrawl after this years AMG.  It seems worse this year than usual so I know I had a great time, as I have for every minute of every AMG we have had. 

So I am counting the nanoseconds until 2013 and meeting old friends and new.  Is it too early to drop some of the cities we spoke about:  Chicago perhaps.  Or Miami (not in the summer though)?  Or a cruise as some folks would love but others seem to think might not work...Anyway it is too early, so just memories of Washington, and great ones at that.

Jody :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 01:09:52 pm »
If you can handle DC in the summer, you can handle Miami. Same humidity, but slightly lower temperature (emphasis on slightly, and fairly guaranteed not to have 100-degree heat waves).

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 01:40:37 pm »
If you can handle DC in the summer, you can handle Miami. Same humidity, but slightly lower temperature (emphasis on slightly, and fairly guaranteed not to have 100-degree heat waves).

I completely agree. I was sweltering in the DC heat - it was much different and hotter than Miami. We at least get a slight (ever be it) breeze from the ocean.... Keep in mind, Miami isn't as much of a walking city as DC and has messed up public transportation, but if on South Beach you are close to everything you need and just across the bridge from downtown Miami. If it were here, I would even look at getting a van to get people down to Fort Lauderdale / Wilton Manors, etc.

Of course, I am open to any location or mode of meeting (i.e. cruise) as it is more about the people and time spent together.

The nice thing about summer in Miami is it is off season - so, not as many tourists and the prices are lower on hotels, restaurants, events, etc.

Within the next few weeks, we will put up the Site Location Preference Thread and the process will begin.... one thing I have found from assisting in AMG planning for the past couple of years is that you really do have to begin the planning process about 11 months out from the event.

Looking forward to seeing where we end up...

Phil
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 01:53:41 pm »
Plus it would be ever so enjoyable witnessing AMG cat herding in process as a Category Five hurricane was approaching.

Offline phildinftlaudy

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 02:06:24 pm »
Plus it would be ever so enjoyable witnessing AMG cat herding in process as a Category Five hurricane was approaching.

We haven't had a major hurricane since Wilma -- while that does not bode well for the odds, as each year that passes without one increases the odds of having a major one the following year..... I would expect that we will probably get something this year (around late September or early to mid October). Wilma hit around the end of October...

For the most part, the hurricanes aren't too disruptive and I wouldn't let them head off plans for an AMG in Miami --- but, that said, I also would say that that should be taken into consideration when site selection comes into play.

But, heat waves have been known to hit Chicago and earthquakes the west coast, so there is always the possibility of something occurring - but it seems like the AMGs over the years have always been unaffected by any such events. 
Labs:
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 08:43:39 pm »

Hugs

DEN

Miss you too Dennis.  Big (((hugs))) to you and all my fellow AMG'ers ! 

Ray  8)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline wolfter

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 01:35:23 pm »
I've got a crush on the following people @ this yrs. AMG 2012 in D.C.

RAB ( Rocky)
Jody
Mike (bocker)
Will  ( WillyWump)
Ray  (J.R.E.)
Phil
and David & David
Nick ( pozniceguy)

There, I said it, I got it off my chest, I feel liberated for saying it, It FREED ME

Hugs

DEN

It's ok, I still have a crush on you. ;D 

Offline denb45

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 01:39:11 pm »
It's ok, I still have a crush on you. ;D

:-*  Thanks Greg, I'll take whatever I can get @ this point  :D

DEN

Hugs

Offline Lou-ah-vull

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 10:43:45 pm »
Story of my life.... left behind again!

:-)

Gary
Diagnosed Oct. 2005

Offline wolfter

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2012, 04:56:19 am »

Gary

It had to be that he didn't get to spend much time with you or you'd have been at the top of the list.  You're certainly at the top of mine. ;D 

I'm still working on implementing all the things you spoke of at the awesome memorial service.  I've rewatched all those movies you mentioned and I garnered a deeper understanding of the meanings of them.

Offline denb45

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2012, 10:27:32 am »

Gary

Oh Gary  :-*  I didn't leave you behind, I zipped up your fly in the hotel lobby (cuz your barn door was open) while you were w/ Mike (bocker) bob even fixed mike's uneven shorts, and Mike just turned all RED with glee...lol   

I liked you even tho it was the 1st time we met and I miss you the most of all ..........gotta love a man who's makes a big ole boy like me cry, as you  spoke that awesome memorial service  :'(
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 10:29:14 am by denb45 »

Offline Lou-ah-vull

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 11:59:11 am »
Makes me day...just got a bit "needy" (not to mention "nerdy") reading the reflections.  Like everyone else, I miss everyone right after we leave too and always look forward to planning the next event. 

Thanks...

Gary
Diagnosed Oct. 2005

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.