Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 01, 2024, 09:36:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772995
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 232
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 221
Total: 221

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Kaletra and the Brain ( Another brain post)  (Read 1972 times)

Offline roy100

Kaletra and the Brain ( Another brain post)
« on: November 08, 2010, 12:16:15 pm »
I decided to open a new post about the brain, since the other one was to full, and going out of its main purpose.
In that other brain post, I read about the Aids medications not crossing the blood -brain barrier.

I decide to do a little research on the medication I am taking  ( Kaletra , Truvada ) and found out that Kaletra does work for HIV in the brain:

http://www.aidsmeds.com/articles/dementia_Kaletra_brain_1667_13307.shtml

I was also interested in Kaletra  and Truvada as causing depression, and found that Kaletra only has up to 3%  chance of causing it,

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/kaletra-side-effects.html

and Truvada up to 9% ,

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/truvada-side-effects.html

Does anyone have any experience with these medications in relation to mental health?

Also I was very worry after reading the other brain post , and how HIV effects the brain, and decided to share this information.
Greetings.
Diagnosed 18Th March 2010
March 30Th VL +100,000 CD4 46
CD8T  575 CD8 %60.6
On Truvada and Kaletra. . Remeron 15mg  and150 mg  wellbutrin xl for depression. Clonazepan 2 mg to sleep. Omeprazole 20  once a day.
July 17 2010 Vl 362 CD4 155, 6.4 %
CD8T suppressors 1482 CD8% 61.1
 Nov 16 2010: V l 937 CD4 188,10%
CD8T Suppresors 997 CD8%55.8
August 15th 2011 Vl UD, less than 40.
CD4:543(26.7%) CD8:887 (43.6 %) Ratio .61
Jan 14th,2012 ,less than 40.
CD4:478 (24.4%) CD8: 962 (49.1%) Ratio.50
June 2012 CD4 599, CD8 856 UD
Oct 2013 CD 702, CD 843 UD Ratio:.87

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Kaletra and the Brain ( Another brain post)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 12:26:42 pm »
I've taken both of these medications, separately (with other meds) or together.  As far as mental health I'd say if you are experiencing depression it's not from the medication, but just from HIV/diagnosis itself (which wouldn't be unusual as that is seen in something like 60% of patients anyway).
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Nextdoor_guy

Re: Kaletra and the Brain ( Another brain post)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 04:10:16 pm »
hey buddy, I am on Kaletra 2 pills twice per day, but cannot say it caused depression. I was anyway before being infected a depressive guy, and the funny thing is that now, I am less depressed cause I know that I have no other choice that live and fight with this shit...
There's too much confusion.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.