Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:28:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 233
Total: 236

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Fingering  (Read 26735 times)

Offline Helmes

Fingering
« on: June 19, 2009, 12:27:36 am »
 :'( Hello, I am from El Salvador, Central America and I'm so afraid of being infected. I had vaginal intercourse with a prostitute in my country, exactly a month ago. I haven't experienced symptoms like flu, fever or swollen glands, but sometimes I get so terrified when I feel some muscle aches (I work out regularly). The problem is that the flipping condom broke down and I immediately withdrew my penis, but I did not wash it. The prostitute told me she had got her blood tested because she had had a similar accident with a client four months ago....I haven't been able to sleep and I even have nightmares night in, night out. I'll get my blood tested within two months now...but I'm so glum and terrified. Anyway, the prostitute told me she tested negative for HIV, but please, I'm in desperate need of help. Thank you beforehand.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 12:32:20 am by Helmes »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: So afraid of being infected (condom breakage)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 05:15:36 am »
Helmes,

While you are correct in thinking you need to get tested, the likelihood of being infected due to a condom break is next to nothing. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus and more so from a woman to a man. You were protected up until the condom broke and you withdrew immediately. Your risk is VERY small.

I've never seen the insertive partner (that's you) end up positive following a condom break and I don't expect you to be the first. Unless you've been having unprotected intercourse that you haven't told us about, I fully expect you to test negative.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

The earliest you can test for hiv is six weeks as the vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks. A six week negative is unlikely to change, but must be confirmed at the three month point.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Helmes

Thank you so much dear Annie!!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 08:15:16 pm »
I am very grateful to you to have replied my message so swift and accurately. Let me tell you that I haven't had intercouse without protection because I have always been aware of the terrible risk of not using a condom. But let me tell you that I have a little problem: My foreskin is rather long and as far as I know, it makes one's condom slip. Does it actually represent a factor for condom breakage?
Thank you so much Annie...your know-how about the matter reassures me a lot, albeit I must get my blood tested.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 08:37:50 pm »
The size of your foreskin is not going to make a condom break. When you put the condom on make sure your foreskin has been pulled back first. If you need to, practice doing it by yourself before you are with someone again.

Like Ann I do expect you will test negative. Your risk was minimal. The condom protected you until it broke and this was a single incident. It is also significantly more difficult to transmit from female to male than the other way around.

I expect you to come out of this ok. Meantime during the waiting period get productively busy with other things in your life. It will help to pass  the time much more easily.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline Helmes

Thank you very much sir.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 11:33:53 pm »
Thanks so much Andy for answering my question. There is no doubt that you lot are very professional indeed!!! You're right, I'll get busy with my usual duties. I'm actually preparing my thesis on linguistic barriers which hinder oral communication because I'm about to become a Bachelor in English in my country. I just can't get enough of saying thank you Annie and thank you Andy. Now I feel reassured.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 08:36:44 am »
You're welcome. Good luck with your studies and your tests.
Andy Velez

Offline Helmes

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 03:28:48 am »
 :) thank you Andy

Offline Helmes

I'm scared again, but let me explain why
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 12:26:07 am »
 :( Hello...unfortunately, once again I am terribly afraid  because of a doctor's remarks in my country about ELISA.
The situation is that today it was the national day for AIDS testing in my country and by chance, I heard a doctor saying that in the U.S people have to wait just three months to get their blood tested and hence, get a reliable result because you use ELISA fourth generation test. "That's why in El Salvador, people have to wait six months to get their blood tested and get a reliable result, because we still haven't got those medical breakthroughs in our country. We are still using ELISA first or second generation test" The doctor says. We still live in the age of stone in El Salvador...blimey!!!!! :'(
Please Andy or Annie, give me an answer...your answer will be conclusive for me. My whole self shakes at the dreadful idea of waiting six months to get a reliable result. Thank you beforehand my dear friends.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 12:31:49 am by Helmes »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 03:43:05 am »
Helmes,

Even a first or second generation test will detect hiv antibodies as early as six WEEKS. Three months is conclusive for any antibody test. You do not need to test out to six months.

You are highly unlikely to end up positive over this incident, as you've already been told.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Helmes

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 11:29:07 am »
Thank you very much Annie for replying that fast!!!  Your expertise about the matter knocks me sideways. I'll get my blood tested on August 18th, since I had that incident on May 18th. I would have had a dreadful nervous breakdown without your valuable help. Thank your for your admirable labour my dear friends and take care!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 11:54:54 am »
In the future make sure you have condoms which fit you properly. Test a couple of them out so you get comfortable with putting them on and taking them off.

And again, I expect you will come out of this ok.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline Helmes

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2009, 07:41:08 pm »
I will follow your advice Andy. I'm so grateful to you once more. I haven't experienced any symptoms and I'm very confident of a good result. Thank you for your reply and encouragement!!! Take care my friend!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2009, 08:10:59 pm »
Good. Glad you found the exchanges to be helpful.
Andy Velez

Offline Helmes

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 09:07:11 pm »
Good evening. I hope you're quite fine. I would like to ask you something regarding HIV symptoms and it is because I have read several articles about it over the years, but I would like to consult it with you. Is it true that a person, who is infected with HIV,  can remain up to several years without experiencing any symptoms??? Thank you beforehand my dear friends...one learns a lot of compelling things with your helpful answers and information.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 09:46:53 pm »
Some people never have symptoms period.

Offline Helmes

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 11:50:10 pm »
Just so.

Offline Helmes

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 08:11:29 am »
 :'( Good morning. I'm once again grieving for something that has ocurred to me lately. Last night when I was about to brush my teeth I realised a kind of bleb or dark red rounded lesion had erupted in my left inner cheek and I'm so terrified it might be Kaposi's sarcoma for the lesion is painless at the moment and it doesn't turn white when pressure is applied. Nine weeks have passed since I suffered that ruddy accident...Do you think it appropriate for me to get my blood tested immediately to find out if my lesion has something do to with Kaposi's sarcoma????? Thank you very much beforehand. I'm so terrified once again.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 08:54:44 am »
Man, you sure are making yourself crazy by practicing medicine on  yourself without a license. Whatever is going on in your mouth is not KS.

You can do a preliminary test now that you are past 6 weeks, at which point all but the very smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will have done so. Assuming you test negative, which is what I expect will happen, you still need to re-test at 13 weeks for a final result. A negative at 6 weeks is extremely unlikely to change to positive at 13 weeks.

As for whatever is going on in your mouth, you should discuss that with your doctor.
Andy Velez

Offline Helmes

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 10:17:14 pm »
You're right Andy, thank you very much. I've just checked my mouth and the bleb disappeared. I had forgotten to tell you that this is not the first time I have suffered a condom breakage. Unfortunately, it has occurred to me twice and the first time was in 2003. I tested negative six months afterwards and perhaps I'm torturing myself with that fear of testing positive this time, which is something unlikely as you lot say, but my mind is just playing a dirty trick on me. I haven't told my relatives about this incident because it would be the second time for them and I don't know how they would react towards me this time. Perhaps that's bothering me so much and that's why I can't easily focus upon my studies. I'll better wait until August 18th (13th week) to get my blood tested. Thus, I will be 100% sure I'm not HIV positive. Thank you so much again Andy and take care my friend!!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 08:51:28 am »
You're welcome. I expect you to come out of this ok. In the meantime while waiting to test, get busy with other things in your life.
Andy Velez

Offline Helmes

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 04:32:38 pm »
Good afternoon Andy. I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to get my blood tested tomorrow, inasmuch as 84 days have passed since my incident (week 12th) and I just can't stand it any longer. I just have a question...Can I have water a couple of hours before I get my blood tested? Does it interfere with the test???? The problem is that when I get restless and terribly nervous I can't help being thirsty. Thank you beforehand once again. I hope tomorrow I drop that terribly worry once and for all and I'm counting the hours. I'll let you know about my results. Thank you so much.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 04:53:52 pm »
Helmes,

There is nothing you can do or eat or drink that is going to interfere with your hiv antibody test.

Go get tested and get it over with. Your result will be conclusive and you will not need further testing. And yes, I do fully expect you to test negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Helmes

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 09:45:55 pm »
Thank you very much Ann. I'm very grateful to you, Andy and Rapid Rod for your well-aimed and accurate answers. I'll try to get some sleep, although it's going to be difficult for me to get a wink of sleep, but I must try to relax for tomorrow. Good night.

Offline Helmes

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2009, 06:34:43 pm »
 :) Good afternoon you lot!!!! I'm feel over the moon because I tested negative for HIV!!!!! I also got my blood tested for syphilis because I received unprotected oral sex from a girl two months ago and I also tested negative. I'll be forever in your debt my dear friends, you don't know how I grieved for this and when I opened the envelope with my results I felt so relieved. I just want to THANK YOU ANDY, ANN a million times for all you have done for me and for other people. Without your help I would still be terrified waiting for other three months, but knowing that my test is conclusive now I feel like jumping for joy!!!!! I also want to become an activist and fight for the rights of people living with AIDS in my country. My real name is Angel  and I will always be grateful with you my dear friends. Thank you so much.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 06:37:07 pm by Helmes »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2009, 06:41:40 pm »
You're welcome, Angel.

Get on with your life, making sure you're using condoms correctly as correcty used condoms rarely break. Make sure you read the condom and lube links in my signature line.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Helmes

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2009, 04:40:11 pm »
Good afternoon. It's me again. I hope you have been doing well. Last time I committed the brutality of having sex with a sex worker again, but this time there wasn't an overt condom breakage. I committed the mistake of using two condoms at the same time because I couldn't stop thinking of the dreadful experience I underwent last time...the first condom was a retardant and the second over the retardant was a normal one, but after 40 minutes of being penetrating her vagina I noticed the retardant condom was broken, nevertheless, the normal one seemed to be intact and that's why it didn't worry me so much. A week after I started thinking about a possibility of  a small fissure in the normal condom, because I read Ann's information about correct condom usage and I realised that using two condoms at the same time can increase condom breakage. I'll be expecting for your professional reply, thank  you so much!!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2009, 04:51:36 pm »
If the condom had failed it would have been apparent to you. So there's no need for further concern about this latest incident.

But you do have to stop doubling up your condoms with this gobbledegook idea of "retardant" condoms. What nonsense that is. Ironically doing that can cause the very problem you want to avoid -- having your condoms break.

If you can't have sex without this kind of hysteria everytime, maybe you should spend some time with a therapist or other professional to talk about the whole subject.

All you need is one latex condom everytime you have intercourse. That will do the job of protecting you. Keep it simple and stop all this self-indulgent drama about the issue.
Andy Velez

Offline Helmes

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2009, 08:36:08 pm »
I'm sorry, I didn't want to make you go spare and I didn't mean to bother you with this witless question...now I realise that doubling my condoms is a proper idiocy. I'll bother you no more, but thank you very much for the help you have provided throughout this time and you're bang-on, perhaps I should visit a psychologist because there's something that is not working out properly in my mind. Ta

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2009, 08:33:36 am »
OK. Good luck to you.
Andy Velez

Offline Helmes

oral sex
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 09:43:58 pm »
Good evening everybody. Last time I was rather rude when I said I wouldn't bother again. I really want to apologise. The thing is that two days ago I had sex with a girl and I just performed cunnilingus on her over her clitoris  and labia but not inserting my tongue inside of her vagina. Afterwards when we had vaginal intercourse she noticed she bled a bit after 10 minutes of penetration. She's not virgin though. I know Andy was right when he told me about my self-indulgent drama and to stop it.. you are right Andy and I totally respect it and respect you lot. She said the blood was not because of menstruation but because of a vaginal cream she had been using for a while. I've got my doubts about it. The question is: Do I have to get my blood tested over this incident because of vaginal bleeding afterwards? My condom did not break. Is it a risk to accidentally perform oral sex on a girl when blood in her vagina doesn't show? I'm not terrified, I'm just not sure. I need your professional point of view, which is utterly conclusive to me. Thank you beforehand!! P.S The blood over my condom was evident.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 09:46:31 pm by Helmes »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2010, 04:46:40 am »
Helms,

Nothing you report was a risk for hiv infection. Going down on a woman is not a risk. Protected intercourse is not a risk regardless of the presence or absence of blood. Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection. Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE!!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Helmes

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2010, 07:33:45 am »
Thank you very much Ann, I really appreciate it!!! Moreover, I was concerned that going down on a woman with possible menstrual blood was a risk, but now the penny drops. I was nervous last time and I forgot to tell you that my condom was not completely but considerably covered by her blood. Now I'm not concerned about it any longer. In regard of oral sex, I understand that one's salive contains many elements which damage the virus, but my query is...does saliva damage the virus even when we're talking about small amounts or drops of blood? Thanks a million for your answers!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 08:35:00 am »
Her blood being present as you have described would not change the effectiveness of your saliva in preventing the transmission of viable HIV.

This was not a risky incident. Let it go and get on with your life. No testing is necessary.

Andy Velez

Offline Helmes

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2010, 03:13:51 pm »
I wish to thank you so much for your answers Ann and Andy. Now my doubts have flown away and I have learnt something new about oral sex and the effectiveness of saliva to prevent viable HIV transmission. I'm so thankful to you. I admire you and I respect you deeply and forever!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2010, 04:39:11 pm »
You're welcome. Now, get on with your life and make sure to keep those condoms handy which you will use everytime you have intercourse.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline Helmes

Sorry!
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2010, 01:48:24 pm »
Sorry!!! I didn't log out and accidentaly my cousin wanted to consult something but when I read the new thread I told him not to begin other threads or posting without my permission. Sorry
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 02:17:57 pm by Helmes »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2010, 03:49:37 pm »
I've merged this thread with your previous one. It's not clear to me if there is some other  thread your cousin is using. Please clarify and only use this thread as our rule requests.
Andy Velez

Offline Helmes

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2010, 04:02:57 pm »
Yes, the thread you've just merged is the one my cousin created. This won't happen again. As for me, there's something else I had forgotten to tell you about the last incident. First, let me apologise to you because of my bad memory, my problem is that I barely sleep 3 or 4 hours daily and due to those sleep disorders it's difficult to remember certain details about the things I do. When I was removing my condom last time, I noticed that my testicles and penile shaft had traces of her blood. Afterwards I quickly took a glimpse at my penis glans looking for traces of blood over it but I just couldn't notice anything. If a drop of blood or little trace of it had reached my penis glans, does it represent a certain risk? I'm not terrified, I just doubtful and I'll really appreciate your answer. This is the last thing I've got to ask about the last incident. I have remembered everything. Thank you once more!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2010, 04:21:44 pm »
No there isn't any risk.

Offline Helmes

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2010, 05:05:54 pm »
Thank you for your reply Rapid Rod!!! I'll try to sleep more in order to avoid being so nervous. Keep up with the good work and congrats.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2010, 05:25:35 pm »
Forget about these what ifs like if a drop of blood reached your glans. The important thing is the condom covered your glans. The other details did not put you at risk. As Rod has correctly told you, there is no cause for concern.

Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline Helmes

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2010, 12:32:13 am »
Thank you so much Andy. You're right, I must go on with my life which is only one and I must enjoy it responsibly.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2010, 08:28:41 am »
Exactly.
Andy Velez

Offline Helmes

My brother's incident
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2010, 08:43:17 pm »
Hello once again my dear friends. It's been a long since I consulted you something. I've been doing well but unfortunately this time it's not me but my dear brother. I've read your explanations and I have understood them but there's always a small doubt. My brother suffered a condom breakage this time and I somewhat regret because I didn't tell him not to visit a brothel but he did  :(  I was cooking very quietly when he revealed me that his condom broke and he kept penetrating the female sex worker for two minutes when he finally found out and instantly withdrew his penis. We trust your scientific work and studies and we know they're completely updated. I just wanted to share this with you and then I can show it to my brother so that he doesn't feel so restless and I suffer when I see him down in the dumps  :(  Thank you beforehand once again my friends. I've described you the incident as it really was because I've talked to him in a very meticulous manner about details. I know the risk is low but I want to reassure him and have him reading your reply so I can wipe his sad visage into an optimistic  one. Thank you beforehand!!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2010, 08:55:00 pm »
You've already answered his question.

The risk of your brother contracting HIV from a condom breakage during vaginal intercourse is very slight. He should be tested 13 weeks from the date of the incident but he should expect the result to be negative.

He might consider reviewing his condom use technique. Properly used, condoms should almost never break. He should also consider being screened for other STDs such as chlamydia and gonorrhoea.

MtD

Offline Helmes

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2010, 12:10:19 am »
Thank you very much for the answer mate!!! I'll have my brother reading this!! Unfortunately I've suffered the same incident with female sex workers two times some time ago but I tested negative. Thank you and take care! cheerio
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 12:14:00 am by Helmes »

Offline Helmes

Condom breakage again ! but this time it's rather different :(
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2011, 12:02:46 am »
Hello everybody
I have to write again about the same old problem unfortunately. I had vaginal intercourse with a sex worker, and unfotunately this time the sex worker had no lubricant and I also forgot to ask her about the lube. We had sex for approximately one hour. After thirty minutes, I noticed a strange sensation in my glans penis and I thought it was because of the amount of time this prostitute had spent performing a fellatio on me but ten minutes later I realised the condom was broken. I wasn't looking at the condom while penetrating her and the question is the following : If I spent 15 minutes penetrating her with a damaged condom, does it mean that my risk is much higher than in the last incidents ?? I'll appreciate your answer please, and thank you beforehand :( once again this thing happens to me, but it was my fault

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2011, 08:11:23 am »
There's nothing new to say about this situation. Yes, you had a risk but it would be a relatively low level one since the condom protected you until it broke. As you have been told before it is harder to transmit HIV from female to male so that is in your favor.

You can test initially at 6 weeks. A negative result then is a strong indication that you will test negative again at 13 weeks.  

People often mistakenly assume a sex worker is a higher risk.  That's not so. They want to stay healthy as well and often take better precautions than civilians.

In any case the odds remain in your favor that you will come out of this ok again. Learn from this and in the future be prepared with your own condoms and water-based lube when you are planiing to have intercourse.

Good luck with your test.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 08:14:48 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline Helmes

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2011, 09:00:52 am »
Thank you very much for your reply Andy. You're very kind. I'll get tested again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2011, 10:52:03 am »
OK. Good luck to you. I'm betting on a negative test result for you.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.