Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:24:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 380
Total: 382

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Please judge my friend's risk  (Read 12503 times)

Offline alexander95

• Standard
Please judge my friend's risk
« on: August 08, 2011, 09:37:32 am »
Please judge my risk of hiv.
Here is my situation: I have no sex with anyone and no IV drugs.
   THE FIRST:one summer night I stole a woman's bra to wipe my penis,just wipe.the bra was washed and very very wet,I know washing could kill the hiv.But I'm afraid I always think there might be some people use the bra to masturbate before me and there might be some semen on the bra before I use it.I'm only sure no people touched it atleast 3 mins ago before me.Some people tell me the mucous membrane of the penis is very fragile and people wouldn't feel if it breaks and when penis is erected the mucous membrane will expose,so I feel afraid because I don't know if my mucous membrane of penis is OK,and I'm an uncircumcised man.
    THE SESOND:one winter afternoon I stole a wet bra to masturbate.The bra was frozen for it wasn't dry.During the masturbation,the inner side of my prepuce had some wounds (no blood but may have some other liquid) and I'm an uncircumcised man.After several weeks my groin Lymph node of right leg was inflammation.it feeled very painful,the size was >1cm,3 days later this situation disappeared,but groin Lymph node of left leg was inflammation,too,the size was <1cm,2 days later they were well. Now I feel very afraid,because I always think there might be some people use the bra to masturbate and there might be some semen on it before I used it.The only convinced thing is at least 5 mins ago before me there is no people touched it.
   I feel very very scared after I read this:
   http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV---International/Masturbation-Worry/show/1256804
Please I need your help,could you give me some explanation?

Offline alexander95

• Standard
Re: Please judge my risk
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 10:07:56 am »
Ann and other moderator please help me, tell me something,I 'm afraid!

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 10:18:23 am »
I am sure you are aware of this by now, having read our own lessons about transmission.

You were never at ANY risk of HIV from the behavior you present.

HIV is a fragile virus that CANNOT be transmitted outside of penetrative anal and vaginal sex.

You could have masturbated into a bra sopping wet with huge gobs of HIV positive fluids, and used those fluids to masturbate yourself, and never been at risk.

Also, stealing bras to masturbate seems to be causing you psychological trauma. Might want to look at that.

In addition, using this forum as a means to punish yourself with no risk situations will no be tolerated. You may need to go somewhere else to find someone to spank you.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline alexander95

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 10:37:43 am »
Thank you,jkinatl2.But during the masturbation,my forkin had some abrasions,I'm an uncircumcised man,I heart there were many special cells that are vulnerable by hiv under the forskin.
With this abrasions,is there still no risk?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 10:52:46 am »
Still no risk. No matter how many spins you put on your story, no risk.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 11:16:45 am »
Alex,

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture level all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. There is no way on earth you would be infected through masturbating with a stolen bra. Your only risk in this situation is being arrested for theft.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER BRA MASTURBATION, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline alexander95

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 08:03:25 pm »
Hi,Ann:
   Thank you very much!But I heart one person had gotten hiv by fighting.During the fighting,there were some blood contacting with the new wound.AND many doctor got hiv,becanse some blood came into their eyes.What are the differences?

Offline alexander95

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 08:39:46 pm »
 I heart one person had gotten hiv by fighting.During the fighting,there were some blood contacting with the new wound.AND many doctor got hiv,becanse some blood came into their eyes.What are the differences?Are htese true?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 06:13:26 am »
Alex,

Despite what you may have heard, there have been no documented cases of hiv transmission during fights or contact sports. And there have NOT been any documented cases of doctors being infected through getting blood in their eyes.

You have NOT been at risk for hiv infection. End of story. If you don't believe us, go test and collect your negative result.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline alexander95

• Standard
Still have a question,need help.
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 06:24:28 am »
Hi experts on this forum,
   AS FOR HIV,Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture level all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.
   Why sharing needles and Syringes could make people infect HIV?

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 07:15:35 am by alexander95 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Still have a question,need help.
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 07:20:36 am »
Alex,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep everything in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sharing needles is a risk when a positive person uses it first and hands it IMMEDIATELY over to the negative person. The blood that remains inside the needle is not exposed in the same way. And keep in mind that it is used IMMEDIATELY and injected DIRECTLY into the blood stream. This is NOT the same as blood being present during a fight or during contact sports.

Your time out warning still stands. You have NOT had a risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline alexander95

• Standard
Please judge my friend's risk
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 10:26:41 am »
Hello, experts:
    One of my friends need help,please judge his risk.
    He went to a message parlor and engaged in mutual masturbation with the Masseuse.We all know mutual masturbation is safer sex. BUT due to the rough friction,there were some abrasions  that he found at the end of the masturbation under the innerside of forskin.He is afraid,during the masturbation, it is usual for particpants to get each other's genital secretions on one another's genital.BUT HIS FORSKIN HAD SOME ABRASIONS AND MANY PERSON TELL HIM THERE ARE MANG VULNERABLE CELLS UNDER THE FORSKIN.So please judge my friend's risk,Does he need to go to test?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Please judge my friend's risk
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 10:56:01 am »
Please post all future queries into your original thread.

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39189.msg490838#msg490838

As you can guess, this is a no risk situation for your "friend."

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 11:50:23 am »
Alex,

Once again, I have merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep everything in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Please start abiding by our forum rules. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mutual masturbation is not a risk for hiv infection regardless of how much friction is involved or whether or not the person being masturbated has a foreskin or not.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline alexander95

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 06:56:09 pm »
I am sorry,Ann.In fact,my friend wanted to get another nickname,I tell him using the same IP is not well.
Thank you,again.
I told him the transmission had to occur inside of body,but he said during the process there were much vanital secretions and blood and he had some abrasion on his penis.

Offline alexander95

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 07:21:47 am »
Hi,Ann:
 I am sorry to bother you again,From your reply,I feel very easy, BUT today one of my friends told me the virus could keep alive below 0 Celsius degree and in the frozen enviroment,AND in my inner side of forskin there were some abrasions due to the friction.
SO PLEASE TELL ME SOMRTHING,WOULD YOU CHANGE YOUR ANSWER FOR MY SITUATION?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 09:14:17 am »
Alex,

NO. I absolutely would NOT change my risk assessment of your concerns based on what some ill-informed "friend" told you.

You did not have a risk for hiv infection. Your friend did not have a risk for hiv infection. Nobody is at risk for hiv infection while getting a handjob.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline alexander95

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 09:20:45 am »
Firstly, thank you very much,Ann.
May I think if the mutual masturbation with abrasions and body liquids is safe sex,so my risk is nil?
I know no one has been identified as infected with HIV due to contact with an environmental surface.I also know there was an experiment about oral sex,I want to know if there were some experiments about the HIV transmission outside of body,such as mutual mastuebation?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 09:28:06 am »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 09:35:08 am »
Alex,

There have been three long-term studies of couples where one is positive and one is negative. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one. These couples also engaged in mutual masturbation and every other type of sexual activity that any couples in a sexual relationship engage in.

I'm giving you that time out you've been repeatedly warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account - like you did earlier, which I rejected and sent you a rejection email - to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline alexander95

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 06:39:52 am »
Hi,Ann.Thank you very much!I know I have no risk from the bra situation.
BUT I forgot something.The first situation after the wipe,I used a little water to wipe my penis;BUT the second situation I forgot WETHER I wash my penis or not.I read some information about this.Many say washing could reduce the risk for uncircumsiced,BUT some paper say washing would make it more dangerous,so please help me.
Wash or no, and I am uncircumscied,this will make me dangerous?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 07:54:42 am »
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 08:57:49 am »
Keep this simple. The only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. As long as  you properly use condoms for those activities you will be well protected.

Now get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline alexander95

• Standard
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 09:38:17 pm »
Hi, Andy Velez.I am sorry to come back again,because I read some information:HIV could keep activity in a frozen enviroment and there are many Langerhans cells that is very vulnerable to HIV under the forskin.Due to firction,HIV could come into my body and infected me.
HERE IS THE EXPOSURE:
One winter afternoon of last year I used a bra to masturbate.The bra was frozen for it wasn't dry.I just put the bra under my penis.I lied on the bra.Due to erection,so in fact it is the inner side of forskin that touched closely the bra until I ejaculatd.During the masturbation,the inner side of my forskin had some wounds(no blood but may have some other liquid) and I'm an uncircumcised man.Now I feel very afraid,because I always think there might be some people used the bra to masturbate and there might be some semen on it before I used it.
After 1 or 2 weeks my groin Lymph node of right leg was inflammation.it feeled very painful,the size was >1cm,3 days later this situation disappeared,but groin Lymph node of left leg was inflammation,too,the size was <1cm,2 days later they were well. After this,I got fever,it last 2 or 3 days.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2011, 12:27:23 am »
There has been absolutely zero understanding on your part as to how HIV is transmitted. Please tell US how to improve our communication efforts in order to fully explain the following:

HIV is transmitted sexually by unprotected anal and vaginal sex.

HIV is transmitted through drug users sharing a hollow bore needle.

Rather than list all the reasons it CANNOT be transmitted (which are in the millions) please help US to better inform YOU. Because it seems like a total failure of communication has happened.

Welcome Thread

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2011, 08:48:01 am »
You should be discussing your "symptoms" with your doctor. They have nothing to do with HIV. Yours is essentially a "what if" speculation that has no reality in HIV science. You seem to have an intense concern about HIV which has no basis in reality. We can't help you with that. I suggest you see a counselor or other professional to discuss your thoughts about that.

There is nothing in what you have written to suggest that you have had an actual risk. And I am going to warn you that if you return here with more of this kind of stuff you are very quickly going to find yourself getting another Time Out from this site.

HIV is not your problem. It's your thoughts about it that are the problem.
Andy Velez

Offline alexander95

• Standard
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2011, 09:18:04 am »
Hi,Andy Velez.Do you mean there is still no risk,even if the "what if"is true?
Thank you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2011, 09:33:10 am »
We don't deal in what ifs here but rather what has actually happened and evaluate it accordingly.

You have not presented any real risk for yourself. You need to move on with your life.

And consider yourself warned about returning with more of this fanciful stuff.
Andy Velez

Offline alexander95

• Standard
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2011, 09:28:06 am »
Hi,Ann,Andy and all kind friends,firstly thanks a lot for your help.Here is my new question.
One of my friends is a gay man,I tell him the mutual masturbation is safer sex.
But he asked me another question:He engaged in mutual masturbation with a man,only masturbation.But after the masturbation he wiped his penis with the same towel that contaminated by much semen that was from the man,he is uncircumcised too.he told me the head of penis and the foreskin could be vulnerable for uncircumcised man,so there may be some wounds on penis and foreskin.
I think this is very equal to mutual masturbation and this occured outside of body,I tell him no risk,but I am not a doctor or expert,so I post this to ask you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2011, 09:35:53 am »
There was no risk in the situation your "friend" presented to you.

HIV very quickly remains non-viable when exposed to the air. 
Andy Velez

Offline alexander95

• Standard
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 08:36:15 pm »
Hi,Andy.Thanks for your answer.
From your answer.Could I think even if the man ejaculated on the towel,so there would be so much semen,and wiped the stingy penis,still no risk?
In fact,I don't think there would be some wounds on penis or foreskin,it is because I head the skin of glans and foreskin is more fragile for uncircumcised man,so there may be wounds. 

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2011, 12:53:41 am »
HIV is spread through unprotected anal and vaginal sex.

There is ABSOLUTELY no rick in the situation you describe.

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.