Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:01:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 214
Total: 215

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Very worried  (Read 19833 times)

Offline lost36

• Standard
Very worried
« on: October 29, 2006, 07:02:49 am »
Hello

Apologies for taking up your time. I have a couple of questions regarding risk. I met someone yesterday evening and we had oral sex (69) with no ejaculation. My questions are

1. After I ejaculated, the other guy took my semen and used it as lube. In general is such a practice risky.
2. The guy came on my skin around my chest, stomach and hip. I cleaned up everything using a towel. But after two hours (this sounds gross), but I was having an itchy nose. (I usually take a shower after sex, but I had to rush out.) So I put my finger to calm my nose (bad allergies). Due to dryness, I had nosebleed. I was in panic, what if my hands had got some dried semen and can it be infective.

I know I am paranoid. But if it is risky atleast I can go the doctor to get PEP. I appreciate your replies.

Thankyou
Lost36 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Unusual situation
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 07:51:03 am »
Lost, no matter what particular details you have included, essentially this was a combination of mutual oral without ejaculation and some masturbation.

Receiving oral is nil for risk in terms of HIV. Giving oral is at the very low end of the risk spectrum, particularly when ejaculation does not take place. Although there have been a very few cases reported of transmission in this manner, there have also been several longterm studies of sero-dystonic couples in which there was lots of mutual oral and only protected intercourse. The result was none of those who were HIV negative became infected, which supports the conclusion that infection through giving oral is beyond extremely unlikely.

Certainly PEP is not warranted in this case nor is it something ever to consider unless there has been something really risky like unprotected intercourse, especially receptive with ejaculation. You can brush up on all of the risk issues by reading the lesson on Transmission. You can find a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

In general if you're sexually active it's a good idea to get a full STD panel done regularly -- at least annually and twice a year is even better. There are other STDs out there which are much easier to get than HIV.

This time out I don't see any cause for concern in terms of HIV.

Cheers,   
Andy Velez

Offline lost36

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 09:30:41 am »
Hi Andy,

Thank you for your reply. I was more concerned about nosebleed rather.

Lost

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 10:33:11 am »
lost,

There is no way that you will become infected with hiv through sticking your finger, which may or may not have had some dried cum on it, into your nose - even if doing so causes a nose bleed.

I'm in total agreement with Andy here, you have not had a risk in anything you've brought here today.

Along with the reading Andy recommended, here's a few other things you need to know.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline lost36

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 10:47:16 am »
Ann,

Thank you so much. I always use condoms and take all precautions on being safe. I will have to go and get myself tested just as a regular checkup. Thankyou again.

regards
Lost

Offline lost36

• Standard
Risk of an open wound
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 08:23:17 am »
Hi there

I have a question. I get some dryness rash around my groin area. Never bleeds, but sometimes they are small open red areas. They burn. My question is what is the risk associated if it comes in contact with some precum. Many a time guys rub their and I try to shield it, but I get worried.

Does it warrant PEP. I clean it immediately with warm water and soap.

I greatly appreciate your comments.

Thanks
Lost

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Risk of an open wound
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 10:06:24 am »
Lost, the circumstance you are concerned about is not a risk for HIV transmission. HIV is not an easy virus to transmit. It requires very particular receptive circumstances and the kind of skin irritation you have described is not in that category.

Nicks, cuts, abrasions and other such skin situations do not put you at risk except theoretically. In the real world of HIV transmission doesn't happen in that manner.

Please read the lessons on this site about Transmission and Testing. You can find a link to them in the Welcome thread which opens this section. The most essential thing to remember in terms of risk sexually is that if either vaginal or anal intercourse is involved the insertive partner must always be wearing a latex condom.

PEP is absolutely NOT warranted in the situation you are concerned about. Hopefully you will never need to take that step. But you also need to know that if PEP is going to be used it must be initiated within 48-72 hours after an exposure to HIV, and the earlier the better the chances of it being effective.

This time out you have NO cause for further concern.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 10:12:33 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline lost36

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 10:10:25 am »
Hi

Thankyou so much Andy. You said this time out there is cause for further concern. I hope you meant no cause for further concern.

Many thanks for your answer. I am trying to be really careful. Always had condoms for anal, though I've had in on very few occassions, but swore off it as I am too afraid of it.

Thankyou

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 10:15:44 am »
Ooops! Thanks for drawing my attention to that typo. I have corrected it.

It's understandable that you're concerned about HIV. You can have intercourse if you want to. Just always make sure the insertive partner is wearing a latex condom. They really do the job very effectively of protecting against HIV.

However, it's also good to go at a pace that is confortable for you sexually. Open conversation about your concerns with your partner can be very helpful in sexual situations and even deepen the intimacy of the experience.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline lost36

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 10:21:31 am »
Hi Andy,

Thank you. You are right, but I go into a deep depression. I do not enjoy being the receiving partner. So I decided to put an end to it. In the past few years, I had anal sex with very few people and those too with someone I have kind of known. Always with a condom. Been the insertive partner but always with a condom.

But in the last one year, I had it only once that too with a condom. But after that I felt very depressed for taking chances with life.

So decided to stop it altogether. perhaps if I meet the right person, maybe. But for now I am happy with my decision.

I really appreciate your help and all the moderators. It is a great solace and resource.

Thank you

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 10:42:49 am »
OK, so you have set some boundaries for yourself. That's always a good idea.

Glad you found the exchange to be helpful.

Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 12:43:37 pm »
lost,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline lost36

• Standard
Possible symptoms
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 03:22:16 pm »
Hi there

Having a sore throat and feel tired. Not had anal sex in more than two months. Feel like paranoid. Its three weeks since I had a mastrubatory experience. Is it ARS?

Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Possible symptoms
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 03:52:24 pm »
Lost,

This is the second time I've had to merge your threads. Please get with the program.

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

In order for you to experience ARS, you need to have been at risk of exposure to hiv. You haven't had a risk so no, you're not experiencing ARS.

See your doctor about your sore throat and remember, we're in the middle of cold and flu season.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline lost36

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 03:59:51 pm »
Hi Ann,

Apologies. I will post in the same thread next time. Thankyou. I will see my doctor. I think I should not do anything physical with anyone as I become very paranoid and depressed.

Thankyou

Offline lost36

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 08:41:19 pm »
Hi again

Another question and worry. I should stop having sex I think. I peformed oral sex. No cum was involved. I also did not feel any precum. Some deep throating was done. I got worried, though the guy said he is not hiv.

Is there any risk? Will there be any risk of small amount of precum chafing the back of my throat?

Offline lost36

• Standard
oral question
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2006, 06:26:01 pm »
Hi again

Another question and worry. I should stop having sex I think. I peformed oral sex. No cum was involved. I also did not feel any precum. Some deep throating was done. I got worried, though the guy said he is not hiv.

Is there any risk? Will there be any risk of small amount of precum chafing the back of my throat?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 06:34:48 pm »
The chances of you getting HIV in giving head is so remote, that your liable to get hit by lightning first. I wouldn't test over the issue.

Offline lost36

• Standard
Oral exposure
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 06:43:46 pm »
Rapid

Thank you so much. I am swearing off sex. cannot live with the tension.

regards
lost

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
Re: oral question
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2007, 04:48:09 pm »
Hi Ann,

Apologies. I will post in the same thread next time. Thankyou. I will see my doctor. I think I should not do anything physical with anyone as I become very paranoid and depressed.

Thankyou

Lost-
You have started yet another new thread after saying you wouldn't. No so great...

Quote from: lost36
Hi All,
Sorry about a new post. I did not post for sometime.
What is the risk of hiv if there is a small wound and if it is exposed to precum or cum. I tend to have eczema around my groin area and a guy rubbed his erect member around there. I am worried if there is some cum exposed to the small open wound. Should i get PEP for such a possible exposure?

Thanks in advance for your help.

worried in NJ

No risk for this exposure, either.

Brent
(Who knows and follows the rules)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline lost36

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2007, 05:48:31 pm »
Hi Bucko,

When I posted, there was a query asking that you have not posted for more than 60 days, would you like to start a new thread. That is why I di. My apologies again. And thank you so much for your response.

Lost36

Offline lost36

• Standard
Mutual mastrubation
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2007, 04:33:55 pm »
Hi there

Have a question on mutual mastrubation. I met a guy, and we kind of went out on a few dates before we ended up in bed. He mastrubated himself on my lower abdomen right above the groin area, by rubbing his penis. His cum kind of I think touched the head of my penis, though not sure. What is the risk of HIV? I came right afterward and cleaned up. Thanks in advance for helping me out many times.

Lost 36

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2007, 04:49:24 pm »
Zero

Offline lost36

• Standard
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 05:18:02 pm »
Thank you Rapid.

Offline lost36

• Standard
mutual mastrubation
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2007, 05:28:20 pm »
another silly question. will it enhance the risk if I am uncut?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2007, 08:24:55 pm »
Not by masturbation.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007, 09:13:33 pm »
Neither with a guy cut or uncut, there's never been a documented case of transmission via mutual masturbation, which is of course a very common sexual activity.

It's safe to say you won't make history by becoming the first.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline lost36

• Standard
Another question
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2007, 07:13:27 pm »
Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for your replies and my apologies for posting another question.

What is the risk during mutual mastrubation if some cum of the other guys falls on my penis. Is the risk greater if I am uncut?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2007, 07:14:54 pm »
No lost. You cannot contract HIV from mutual masturbation, even if you are uncut. HIV is transmitted inside the body so getting some splooge on your tool doesn't pose a risk.

MtD

Offline lost36

• Standard
Very worried
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 04:32:16 pm »
Hi All,

I am very worried about being infected. A week ago I had met a guy. We messed around. He rimmed me and fingered me a lot and dry humped. I also gave him oral. We kissed and mastrubated. He came on himself and I did on myself. A week later I had pain in my rectum and the doctor said i have herpes. I got very worried that I might have been infected by HIV as well somehow. I keep thinking that maybe his cock slipped into me when he was humping or something happened. I thought i had safe sex, and now i am really worried. please help. never did anal sex without a condom. rarely do anal sex to begin with and that too i am very careful. examine the condom for tears etc. now i am in fear. and i keep thinking what wrong did i do.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Very worried
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2009, 04:44:07 pm »
At no time were you ever at risk of contracting HIV. You've been coming to the forum long enough to know better.

Offline lost36

• Standard
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 04:50:13 pm »
Thank you rapid. That is what i thought. But the fact that I had herpes inside the rectum and it was pretty painful. I went to the doc and he said i might be poz. i told him i had safe sex. that got me worried. how did i get herpes inside the rectum. but i know for sure that i did not have anal sex. i was not drunk or anything like that. but thank you for your rapid response.

Offline lost36

• Standard
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2009, 05:36:50 pm »
Rapid, do I need to get tested? I keep getting worried because I ended up with herpes

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2009, 05:57:08 pm »
Nothing you did put you at risk for HIV transmission. I don't see any need for HIV testing.

Herpes is much easier to acquire than HIV. It's a separate issue and simply because you caught the herpes virus does not by default mean you were likely to get HIV as well. You didn't do anything risky for HIV.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline lost36

• Standard
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2009, 06:03:03 pm »
Thanks Andy. I keep thinking that the transmission is concurrent. I thought I was safe. But now because of this I am very worried, and keep thinking that I will fall sick with ARS.

Offline lost36

• Standard
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2009, 08:13:57 pm »
what if the guy had cuts on his fingers?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2009, 08:25:17 pm »
That wouldn't make any difference either. You are worrying needlessly. Really.  Give it up and get on with your life. 
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2009, 04:52:47 am »
Lost,

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline lost36

• Standard
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2009, 05:37:52 am »
Thanks Ann, I will keep that in mind. My main worry now is what if the guy put his penis into me. Maybe I did not know it. Not sure whether it is my imagination or anything, because i thought i was safe. Now i keep going it over and over again wondering whether i was safe and already made up my mind that i am going to soon fall sick.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2009, 06:02:03 am »
lost,

If he put his dick inside you, you would have known. Believe me.

Herpes is VERY easy to transmit. If he had a herpes outbreak on his body somewhere, touched it with his finger before fingering you, then you could easily have gotten it that way.

Fortunately, unlike herpes, hiv is VERY difficult to transmit.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline lost36

• Standard
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2009, 06:23:33 am »
Thanks Ann. For some reason i cannot stop worrying about it. I keep thinking that I did something unsafe. i know it is difficult to get hiv, but just the fact i ended up with herpes makes me really scared.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2009, 06:32:04 am »
Lost,

Whatever. You've been told that if he'd put his dick into you, you'd KNOW it.

You will NOT be permitted to use this forum to go on and on about your latest NO RISK incident. If you've read the Welcome thread like you've been repeatedly asked to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline lost36

• Standard
Quick question and being assured
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2009, 07:43:11 pm »
I would like to thank everyone for providing great service on this forum.

I have a quick question. What is the risk of performing oral, with out the guy ejaculating in the mouth? Is precum a risk factor? I suffer from heart burn and sometime my throat burns. Is that risky if there precum. I appreciate your answers.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2009, 08:00:58 pm »
It's NOT A RISK.

Offline lost36

• Standard
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2009, 08:08:17 pm »
What if I have a sore on the underside of my tongue? It does not feel sore, or white. There was no ejaculation.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2009, 09:20:48 pm »
NOT A RISK.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2009, 09:14:25 am »
There has never been a confirmed case of transmission in the manner you are concerned about. Stories, yes. Confirmation, no.

Your saliva has over a dozen elements and proteins which very effectively prevent the transmission of viable HIV, IF it is present.
Andy Velez

Offline lost36

• Standard
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2009, 01:27:55 pm »
Thanks Rapid and Andy. Usually I am safe, but the urge to indulge occurs sometimes. The guy said he was totally safe, though it is hard to trust people based on their words.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2009, 03:21:54 pm »
Even well intentioned people don't necessarily know their accurate HIV status. So you should never do anything which puts you at risk for HIV. That means specifically never having vaginal or anal intercourse without a condom.

Everything else is risky only theoretically.
Andy Velez

Offline lost36

• Standard
Risk of HIV transmission by Precum
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2010, 08:05:14 pm »
Hi All,

Thank you so much for the great help here. I have a question regarding the transmission of hiv by exposure to precum. I thought I had a small sore or a cut on the roof of the mouth. The guy had some precum. Is it a risk? He claimed he is negative.

Thanks for the reply.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.