Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:36:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 693
Total: 693

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My blog about being HIV+  (Read 8596 times)

Offline 21May2012

My blog about being HIV+
« on: May 27, 2012, 10:12:32 am »
Hi Everyone. I found out that I was HIV+ a week ago on May 21, 2012. Thanks to communities like this, I've been doing surprisingly well and I feel confident that I'll be fine if I do everything I can to keep healthy.

I wanna give back to the community by starting my own blog about all the stuff I've learned about HIV so far. I wanna document my experiences as I deal with HIV and I want people who find out that they are HIV+ that they are not alone.

Here's my blog: http://21may2012.blogspot.com/

Thanks for your time. Hope you're all doing OK.
Josef

Twitter: @21May2012

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: My blog about being HIV+
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 11:38:15 am »
hey and welcome to the forums!

You may want to check out the LESSONS section here to learn more about HIV, the meds, etc. This is a great site with real factual information and the forums are filled with people from around the world that have been dealing with HIV for 30 yrs to 2 days - so many of them are pretty dang knowledgeable about most HIV-related issues.  ;)

I was able to find out about how apple cider vinegar and raw garlic might possibly help in minimizing my viral loads and boosting my CD4 counts.
just an FYI, the ONLY thing that will minimize viral loads are ARVs. There is basically nothing that will help with cd4 counts - except trying to stay in good health (eat right, exercise, proper rest). The ARVs will destroy the HIV and allow your immune system to usually recover it's cd4s. Sadly, vinegar and garlic won't do a darned thing for either condition.

Don't bother looking for miracle "cures" or remedies; if there really were such things we'd all be using them by now. ;) HAART is the only thing to put your faith in to help against HIV.

keep up the good work on your blog and best wishes to you and your partner :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline 21May2012

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 06:23:37 pm »
Hi! Thanks for sharing the link. I'm going through it now. I appreciate you taking the time to go through my blog. I've only been dealing with HIV for a week so I still have a long way to go in terms of ARVs and treatments. Still, I appreciate the help. Take care!
Josef

Offline Cojo

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 07:27:03 pm »
Welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing the blogsite with us. As Mike says, the ARV's are truly the miracle that has been given to us through research, time and the thousands who went before us and tested them out. In time, your life will return to normal and perspective will be focused with clarity about what HIV is ans what it is not. Keep in touch here and again, welcome
May 2011 - Tested Positive
June 2011 - CD4 330   16%   VL182,000 no resistance
Oct 6, 2011 - CD4 300  20%  VL 60,000
Oct 7, 2011 - start Truvada / Isentress
Nov 29, 2011 CD4 280 26% VL 54
Feb 7 2012 CD4 260 25% UD!
Mar 20 2012 CD4 400 28%
June 2012 CD4 330 26% UD
Sept 2012 CD4 450 32% UD
Dec 2012 CD4 310 28% UD
May 2013 CD4 500 32% UD
Oct 2013 CD4 460 33% UD
May 2014 CD4 360 33% UD
Aug 2014 swap out Isentress for Tivicay
Oct 2014 CD4 320 33% UD
Feb 2015 CD4 420 30% UD
Jul 2015 CD4 480 32% VL51 !!
Sep 2015 UD
Feb 2016 CD4 460 35% UD
Aug 2016 CD4 378 33% UD

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 07:33:57 pm »
Hi Everyone. I found out that I was HIV+ a week ago on May 21, 2012. Thanks to communities like this, I've been doing surprisingly well and I feel confident that I'll be fine if I do everything I can to keep healthy.

I wanna give back to the community by starting my own blog about all the stuff I've learned about HIV so far. I wanna document my experiences as I deal with HIV and I want people who find out that they are HIV+ that they are not alone.

Here's my blog: http://21may2012.blogspot.com/

Thanks for your time. Hope you're all doing OK.

Blog! :)

Welcome to the forums. It's good to see a blog talking about the HIV experience somewhere other than the developed world.

One suggestion: change the background -- the current one makes your articles hard to read.

MtD

Offline 21May2012

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 07:10:07 pm »
Thank you everyone for your comments and for reading my blog! I'm truly taking your feedback seriously and I'll try to work on stuff on the weekend. I'm kinda caught up with work now but yes things are slowly getting back to normal. Take care, everyone!
Josef

Offline CODgamerz

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 11:34:15 pm »
Hello There,

I am also recently diagnosed, and I must say, you seem to be handling things far better than I am. I commend you on your outlook and am quite envious. I am slowly improving emotionally, but it is going to be a long and winding road.

I also think it is great that you have decided to documents things on a blog. I wish I had the courage to do something like that. I think you will find that the people and resources that are on this site and forum to be very beneficial to you.

For the first few weeks for me, it seems like I read information from dawn to dusk, but the more information I process the more my mind is eased.

I wish you luck on your journey and welcome.
03/22/2012 Tested HIV+
04/12/2012 CD4 392 VL 128,000
04/21/2012 Began Atripla

Offline 21May2012

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 02:41:21 am »
Hello There,

I am also recently diagnosed, and I must say, you seem to be handling things far better than I am. I commend you on your outlook and am quite envious. I am slowly improving emotionally, but it is going to be a long and winding road.

I also think it is great that you have decided to documents things on a blog. I wish I had the courage to do something like that. I think you will find that the people and resources that are on this site and forum to be very beneficial to you.

For the first few weeks for me, it seems like I read information from dawn to dusk, but the more information I process the more my mind is eased.

I wish you luck on your journey and welcome.

I'm sorry for the late reply. Thank you for reading my blog and I really hope you're doing better now. I've realized that half of the fight is your attitude towards HIV, so the more positive you are the easier it is to deal with everything we need to deal with. Good luck sweetie, and I hope you continue to do better each day.
Josef

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.