Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:00:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 757
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 728
Total: 730

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: cell phone  (Read 11944 times)

Offline zach

cell phone
« on: October 03, 2014, 08:06:53 pm »
a few of you know why. i haven't told anyone in the real world. and i sort of feel like this is the only place i can really admit this.

it's been almost five years and i still can't use a cell phone again. i tried to buy one today, couldn't do it.

i've kept some very violent thoughts squashed way down, and i'm past that part of it now.

my sons birthday is coming up, and i couldn't remember how old would be for a second. twelve years old.

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
Re: cell phone
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 10:03:48 pm »
My thoughts are with you, Zach. I wish you the peace of mind you richly deserve. You are a good man and a wise soul.  Remember that, always.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline intaglio

• Doesn't have to pay for vowels
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 08:32:20 am »

my sons birthday is coming up, and i couldn't remember how old would be for a second. twelve years old.

I have four kids. To figure out how old one is, I have to first remember what year they were born, what year this is -and then do math. I don't always get the right answer.  :P

Whatever the reason on the cellphone, don't ever feel you have to explain. Your friends won't care and the rest don't matter.
Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 11:08:36 am »
Did you son die in a cell phone related accident?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline zach

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 01:40:39 pm »
yeah, man was fumbling to answer his phone, tboned their car about 70mph, so fucking random i'll never make sense of it.   

two lives lost. thats a misdemeanor in georgia, $1000 fine per life. ex had just got engaged, fiance died on the scene, he and will were buried next to each other. thats still weird for me. tombstone has picture of them fishing together.

couple months later i was dx'd. somewhere in that summer i started using again

time doesn't heal all wounds. most of the past four years i haven't coped well. some days it hits like a panic attack. ptsd was the easy dx, i got really self destructive. shrink that finally got me through it had me on a massive dose of seroquel and kept baker acting me until i settled down

i wrote this about two hours ago, just been looking at it since. taking the dog to the park. it's gonna be rough couple weeks. if there are any drunk posts, yall just keep ignoring them. it works for me

Offline buginme2

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 03:00:41 pm »
That's horrible. I'm very sorry. 
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 04:12:57 pm »
I didn't know all that Zack . You are a brave man, I know a thing or two about what pain and sorrow can lead a man to do, so ... you have my understanding . I would rather have a persons understanding any day than sympathy .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mitch777

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 04:42:17 pm »
My heart goes out to you Zach. I truly cannot even pretend to imagine what you went through and are still going through. 
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 05:06:01 pm »
My heart breaks to come to grips with what you just wrote. I am very sorry.

About the cell phone shopping trip. Did you expect that i would be difficult, was it a test to see if you could?  Or did it just plow you down out of the blue?  Please stay away from any known trigger.  What does shrink say? Is it important to force through triggers? I dunno. Myself  just avoid them until they slowly fade and its ok.

Maybe someday you're just gonna find you have a cell phone and its OK.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline absopozilutely

• Love to chat/text/talk/encourage!
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 11:23:35 pm »
Zach, I wrote a long post, and deleted it talking about why you should have a phone and blah blah. I read it, sounded like an unsympathetic asshole. Sending my love your way. :) when you're ready for the phone they're available. No reason to rush, take your time.
12/18 Infected
2/4 12:22pm tested POZ via ORAquick
2/19 WB Confirmation
2/4-2/19 VL 104,678 CD4 407
3/2 Genotype back, and Started Complera
4/2-CD4 688 38% and VL 1,600
5/1-CD4 592 42% and VL 336
5/22-CD4 732 31% and VL 109 :( STILL NOT UD!
5/31 Switched to Stribild :( I'll miss you Complera!
6/19 CD4 508 35% and VL UD!!!!! Crying at work like a baby.
9/19 CD4 799 46% VL UD yayyyy
5/1/19 CD4 1100 VL still UD.

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 10:54:48 am »
Zach,

I am so sorry to read about your loss.  I have a grown son and can only imagine how you feel.

My long term partner and several of my family members (Mother, Father, Sister, Aunt and Cousin) have died. It is still difficult for me at times.

Sending my very best wishes and support to you.

Take care.
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 05:35:30 pm »
Zach,

While time can heal many wounds, some wounds will never heal and that's OK.  Trauma, such as yours, can only be healed from within and when you are able, you will heal.  Healing never means forgetting.  Healing means remembering the good times, rather than lamenting what might have been.

Joe

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 09:41:52 pm »
Hope you are doin better, Zach

Offline zach

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 09:47:06 pm »
avoidance is bliss. i'm fine, no phone though

Offline Denver Toad

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 11:40:02 pm »
Zach...  I carry a cell less and less these days. Times of quiet have more value than being in uninterrupted contact.

Joan Didion, Year of Magical Thinking. When I needed healing her writing touched me in places I've never let anyone into.  Hang tough, day at a time... day at a time.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly,
Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Offline zach

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 06:45:11 pm »
decided... i'm gonna get a phone, keep it simple, just go do

and an angel stepped back into my life last night, a old lover, man we had good chemistry... and now she says its not too late

and i have to tell this girl i'm positive... she won't back down without a good explanation, and maybe she can handle the hivbomb

its gonna hurt if she doesn't. and i'm a chicken shit if i don't

i'm tired of holding back, it ain't living if you don't feel alive

need a job, get a better place, settle back down.

i'm still letting hiv define me, i have to stop that

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 06:49:22 pm »
Zac, I am so glad you're sharing with us at this volatile time.  To lose a child is something no one should ever have to go through.  If I could I would reach across the states and give you a huge hug. 

Good luck with the lady. If she's worth it, she'll accept it; if not,she's not worth it.  Any lady would be lucky to be in a relationship with you.

I do remember you posting about your loss quite awhile ago.  You certainly have grown personally since then.  Keep sharing.

Huge hugs-
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 03:46:05 pm »
Hugs and wishing you all you desire for the rest off your life.
That sums up nicely.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline phenethylamine

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2015, 08:08:52 pm »
Sorry Zach :(  (just found this)
*hugs*

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2015, 07:15:13 am »
Zach,

I knew that you had lost a son but did not know what really had happened nor did l ask you about it.
I am deeply sorry that such a tragedy happened.
You are in my thoughts.
Japanese National.
Language:  Japanese and English

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.