Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:04:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 393
Total: 394

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New year...new pic  (Read 4061 times)

Offline LongTimeSurvivor

• I don'no...there may be Zombears...in theres...
New year...new pic
« on: January 01, 2013, 08:44:29 pm »
Figured I had depressed everyone enough with my ICU on ventilator picture. This is from a trip to DC. Just finished the White House tour. The front is the only place they let you take pictures.

Another year over...and I'm still here, despite everyone's best efforts!

I'll hit 54 this year. But I only feel like I'm in my thirties. My mind isn't in sync with my body. Never have felt the age I am. Always felt younger and with less experience. Didn't mind feeling younger but did mind not feeling as mature as I felt I should.

Waiting to hear if I'll be approved for a new medication my doctor has prescribed. He wants to put me on Serostim to see if that will help me rebuild. My weight still hasn't recovered from the loss of muscle while in the hospital. I didn't have that much fat so my body cannibalized my muscle for recovery. Only lately have I felt able to do most of my exercises. Just at lesser weights than I was hefting before June.

This past year I also started with a new therapist. He's much better than the first one, at least for me. He enjoys my sense of humor and he also is more talkative, asking me questions to help me think about things. I'd missed being able to talk with someone. I didn't want to start back dumping everything on my friends. Plus I don't feel I have to censor myself...to get the benefit I have to talk about things.

Not sure what this year will bring. Guess I'll find out like everyone else...

I get three weeks vacation starting this year. I'm working on ways to spend it all out on Fire Island. Me, the beach, the sun and nothing to think about, just watch the waves roll in and roll out. A perfect vacation as far as I'm concerned.

Healthwise, other than the weight, I seem to be holding my own. Blood work this year has all come back perfect. All my drugs seem to be doing their jobs. Not that I don't have some issues with them. Just not bad enough to think of switching. Get some more dental work done this year...nice having dental insurance. Maybe by the time I retire I'll have everything done. No bleaching though...I'm not a movie star.

That's about it. Hope everyone has a great year. Look forward to reading about all your adventures as they happened.
Of course it's important. It's an email...

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: New year...new pic
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 10:00:52 pm »
when I saw the new pic in the other thread I wondered if that was the WH. Nice. ;)

Enjoy the time off. You can never go wrong with the beach (even if you are too far north LOL) Happy New Year!
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 08:38:22 am »

I'll hit 54 this year. But I only feel like I'm in my thirties. My mind isn't in sync with my body. Never have felt the age I am.

Nice Pic !!,  ...and I know what you mean. I feel the same way ! It's gonna be the death of me.  :P   The other night at work, I had to get on one of the employees skateboard, and zip around the parking lot a little bit. At 61 , it's not that easy to zip, but I had a great time, and fortunately, didn't fall or break anything. I think they were all surprised, that I did it !  Now I am in the mood to talk to Ed ( my partner) about going roller skating this weekend.  It's time !  :P

Hope everything gets approved for the new medication.

Happy New year !

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 12:03:04 pm »
Great photo!
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline deibster

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 10:00:39 pm »
Looking good LTS. I hate to burst your bubble, but I hear there was a lot of damage on Fire Island. Do some research, and if you can't go there, look into Provincetown, Cape Cod.
Cape Air flies from Westchester non-stop to Provincetown, in the summer only. They supposedly have a free limo from midtown to Westchester Airport.
 Hugs, Deiby
Poz since Dec 1992. Meds since 1995. Disability since 2005. Constantly fighting the Lipodystrophy 'beer gut.'

Prezista/Norvir, Epzicom, Cytomel, Prevacid, Coumadin, pravastatin, Fenofibrate, Remeron, Zoloft, Concerta, Flomax, Allegra180, Nasacort, Centrum, Flax Oil, Fish Oil

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.