Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:55:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 333
Total: 335

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread #56 Marching to a Different Drummer  (Read 46097 times)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Ladies Thread #56 Marching to a Different Drummer
« on: March 05, 2009, 11:08:49 am »
 :o Yes, it's me, starting a new thread. I had an idea for a title and thought I'd step up.

Not much going on with me these days, just the usual grind with a couple funerals thrown in just to mess with my head. But that's life, eh?

Hope everyone is well... I read everyday, even though I don't post here much.  :-*

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline #1 mom

Re: Ladies Thread #56 Marching to a Different Drummer
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 02:27:11 pm »
Hi everyone. Lucas saw the cardiologist yesterday. He did an EKG and Echocardiogram which were both normal ;D. He put Lucas on a home monitor for 24 hours which I have to mail back. Results from that will take 2-3 weeks. If that is normal we will have another visit in 4-6 mo, then every year there after. He said that now that he's had SVT once we should keep an eye out for it happening again, but it may not. He said Lucas needs to avoid stimulants like caffeine and pseudophed. Thank God I don't, I live on those ;). He also said that the teen years with the raging hormones is a prime time for a recurrence ::). Great, another reason to look forward to the teen years  :P. Overall the news was good though :). Also, I was afraid that this might be linked with the ART therapy Lucas gets or with being positive. The cardiologist was able to tell me that is not the case which helped a lot.
We saw his eye doctor today. The eyes are healing fine. Things are lined up when Lucas looks up close. At a distance they still are not aligned,  but it is much closer (off by 20% instead of 50%). We go back in a week for another check. She said once the swelling is gone he may have more improvement. She also wants us to do eye exercises again which may get us that last 20%.
Other than that, not much happening. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
Lucas'mom
Amy

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 09:27:17 pm »
Just checking in. Nothing new with me.

I'm reading your posts....

Offline FruitLoop

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 04:57:14 am »
Morning,

Ann, sorry to hear about the funeral. Love the title by the way.

#1, so glad to hear your son is doing well.

Queen, I hope the side effects taper off quickly for you.

BT, I work as a maintenance tech for a community college in my area. HVAC, electrical, occasional clogged toilet, whatever needs fixing really. Navy may have booted me for being +, but they couldn't take away the training they gave me.  Good pay, but the main reason I took this job was I get free classes here as long as I am a full time employee. Books included. Pretty sweet deal.

Hope all is doing well, I gotta run. I am determined to get home and get to sleep before the rooster crows.

Smell Mop Who

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 05:51:43 am »
Morning ladies,

Queen, I'm glad you have the car. 

Ann, sorry about the funerals.  Were you all close?

#1 mom, that's great news about Lucas' eyes.  Hopefully his far-away vision will improve.  And I'm glad there's nothing seriously wrong with his heart. 

Fruitloop, I didn't know you had been in the Navy.  Are you getting any compensation from them for them just kicking you out?  I didn't know the military could do that.  Your job sounds complicated.  Are you taking classes?

Last night was my independent study.  It's called Topics in Psychology, and it's going to be about disorders (which I love studying).  Then I went to the HIV support group.  There are some new people there I just met.  It went well.

Today I plan on going to the Y, unless I go back to bed first.  This weekend I'm not going to work out, and hopefully I can get some sleep.  Nothing exciting planned for this weekend.  My best friend and I might go out to lunch tomorrow.  Probably just homework other than that.  You all have a nice day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline vivyt

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 08:16:31 am »
Good Morning! Happy Friday!

Offline Happy1976

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 08:37:52 am »
Afternoon Ladies ;)

Keeping in touch , all is well .

#1 Mom - Great news about Lucas
Ann - the tittle is great, sorry about the funeral
Betty - what are you studying , it sounds interesting
FruitLoop - Is dismissing a person because of their status not discrimination in your country?

With Love
Happy

Nothing happens until I make it happen .contributed by: Scott Wilson

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 09:27:45 am »
Good morning ladies. Just a quick check in.   Ann, thanks for starting the new thread. Sorry to hear about funerals, are you okay?                       Lucas mom, glad his surgery went well. Hopefully things will continue to improve or is that all the improvement you can expect. I am not familiar with eye surgery so i thought O would ask. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.                                                                  I am going to work soon but thought I would stop by. Work is going well, I feel good and my energy level is much higher the last couple days. I think I lost a couple pounds, which is nice, I could stand to lose about 50, that would put me at 130 but oh well.                                     Hope everyone is well. TGIF.  I will check back in tonight.    Later, Cristy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 11:57:44 am »
Hey---

Not much going on with me either. The car is finally fixed, thank the Goddess. I heard from Rey yesterday and the plot thickens. He had just got out of the hospital after being there for 4 days. Now I am feeling like such a heel...

It's been nice out the last couple of days so I have been trying to enjoy it. I am also dog sitting Boo for the weekend so since it is nice, I will take him for a walk later. That sounds weird to me about them kicking you out of the Navy, Fruit. I didn't think they could do that. It seems like more ladies are lurking than posting but that's ok sometimes even I run out of stuff to talk about....like now.... ;D Have a good weekend everyone...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline vivyt

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 11:47:23 pm »
Doggone it! I tried to post and it didn't stick. I guess I'll try again...

#1- I'm glad everything went well with Lucas  :)

Fruit- I can't believe the Navy let you go because of the HIV. Is that normal procedure? I would definitely agree that getting free tuition and books is a bonus.

Betty- This is the last of your classes isn't it? What are you going to do with yourself once you are done? More power to you for sticking with the Y. I STILL haven't gotten my bootie to the gym...eventually.

Happy- How's it going?

Cristy- So, you are back at your old job? It sounds like you're happy.

Queen- Does this new information about Rey change why you called it off?

Not much happening here. Next week I have parent conferences. That means it is going to be a long week... :P I'm getting tired just thinking about it. The only thing I have planned this weekend is sleeping in and grading some papers.

Have a good night everyone!

Andrea

Offline FruitLoop

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 12:33:42 am »
Morning all,

I joined the Navy in 1994, and (long story short) tested + in 1996. I don't know if anyone remembers the government budget crisis in 1996. But, every October, the government's fiscal budget year starts over. In 1996, no one could agree on the budget on time and the government actually shut down for over 3 weeks. Anyway, a Republican from California, slipped a bill in with the budget proposal stating that all HIV+ individuals are to be discharged from all branches of the military. Clinton, had to sign the budget. He had no choice. Before Clinton could repel the bill that discharged us, a lot of us had our discharge papers and were sitting on the curb. He did get it repelled though, so now there are protections in place for current members of the military who are +. They can't be kicked out for being + now.

Yeah, we got compensated financially, but that wasn't the point. Personally, I wanted to stay in the Navy. I loved it and I was good at it. There is just something about being on a ship, at night, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. You look up, and you can't believe how many stars are up there. In the Mediterranean Sea, there are places that the water is this incredible shade of blue and so clear. And up at the bow (front) of the ship, you look down at the water, and you'll see a little fleet of dolphins swimming along side the ship. It was amazing. I miss it.

As far as classes, I'm trying to take one or two every semester. Have most of my general ed courses done. This semester I am only taking one, Technical Mathematics II. With my schedule, that is all I have time for.

Well, I'm gonna go finish my paper work. Going home early tonight, yeah! Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll try to get on, but weekends are for homework and sleeping for me lol.

Smell Mop Who

Offline FruitLoop

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 01:00:59 am »
I meant to say the government shutdown was in 1995  not 1996. By 1997, when the bill was amended, hundreds of hiv + people were medically discharged, under honorable conditions. 
Smell Mop Who

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 08:35:12 am »
Morning ladies,

Hey Happy, I'm studying psychology (as a major).

Cristy, I'm glad you're feeling good to be back at work.  I'd like to lose about 30 or 35 lbs.  It seems like I do alright for a few days, then I can't take it-I have to have something sugary or fried and salty. 

Queen, does this mean you're going to start seeing Rey again?  Whose dog is Boo? 

Andrea, of course I'll be looking for a job when I'm done with school.  I hope I can find one, with the way the economy is.  The thing that worries me is that I don't have experience, and a lot of people looking for a job right now do.  But, I'm going to have to find something; I have student loans that have to be paid back.  I don't want them garnishing my social security check for that (which they will do).

Fruit, I understand it's the principle of wanting to be in the Navy, moreso than the money.  I, personally, would freak out if I were out in the middle of an ocean on a ship (any kind of ship).  I'm not good in those kinds of situations.  Of course, I thought the same about flying again, until I went to Arizona over Christmas, and did fine.  I tend to project. Anyway, you're taking Tech Math II??  Wow, that sounds hard.  And complicated.  Did you say you have children?

It's rainy, grey and thundering here.  Much different than a week ago, when it was 5F degrees and freezing (it's 48F now).  My best friend and I may go out to eat today, then I'm not sure what I'll do.  The inside of my car needs to be cleaned (windex'd and vaccuumed).  And I have a lot of homework for that awful online class (the one about the weather and climate).  Other than that, nothing else planned today.  Maybe trying to finish one of the books I checked out at the library.  You ladies have a good day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 04:29:08 pm »
Hey Peeps----

The weather has been nice here too even though it was rainy. I had to be up early once again for one of those damn appraisals. It kind of irritates me because  I have to be up at the crack of dawn just for them to take not even 5 minutes to look around. Though bitchy, I went back to sleep til close to 1. Eventually got motivated and took a ride around town.

I am not really sure how to deal with Rey. I don't think he's lying to me though. I kind of feel bad for him cause he had got laid off his job for being sick those 4 days but he seemed to have found another one and starts at the end of the month. His mother is also in the hospital. We were going to try to get together today but I don't think that's happening because he had to get his car inspected. But I did get to see him last week so.....

On to MySpace.....There was this guy that I use to date about 8 years ago when I lived in Harrisburg. He happened to have found me on MySpace. I wonder how people do that? I thought he had to have my email or name, well anyhoo...We have been chatting on Yahoo for the past few days. Neither one of us can remember why we parted ways but agrees we want to see each other again. Talking to each other seems to have stirred up a lot of feelings. So....we will see where it goes, neither of us is trying to rush into anything but admits something is there.....Man, I am starting to feel like a soap opera, hood version of course with more reality than fantasy.... :D

Still dog-sitting Boo. He is the dog of a neighbor I use to live next to. Boo is picky about who he will let watch him and has snapped at a few of his past sitters. I seem to be the only one he takes to plus he loves Lucifer. The guy who owns him drives buses as in Greyhound or something so he is gone days at a time. It's a little extra pocket money and hardly no effort since Boo is trained.

That's it for me ladies......
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 08:26:53 pm »
Good evening ladies.                                                                                 Queen, glad you got the car finished. I don't blame you for not  giving it back until she pays you. Hopefully that will work out and you will still be friends. Good luck with the fellas.                                                         Betty, hope your day turned out good even with the shitty weather. I have to have my sweets. I think just being active has helped me, before this week I was eating a lot cause  was bored and kinda stressed. I cut out the before bed snacks and that will help.                                                                                                     Fruitloop , sounds like you stay busy. That is cool, that you get to take classes free.  That sucks , about being put out of the Navy but I am glad you put your skills to good use.                                                Andrea, I don't know how you do it, having 30kids to teach.  I don't think I would make a good teacher.  I don't have the patience.                                                                                      Things are good here. I got to work lunch today, $40 for 2 and a half hours. I work lunch tomorrow as well. Then off Monday, lunch Tuesday and ID doc on Wed.   Robert is good . He hung around with Grandpa all day long. My dad is so good with him and just willing to listen to Robert talk and talk and talk. They worked on the El Camino today and then took it for a test drive.                  I should be going to yet another conference for him this week. He is having a hard time focusing at school, waiting his turn, not interrupting others, stuff like that. I think he will eventually settle down but he hasn't yet. Oh well it will work out. I am talking to a guy from NJ and emailing another here in NC. I feel good but tired.         Anybody I missed, Camms, Minismum, Lucas'mom,                hope everybody has a good night.      Cristy                                           

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 09:56:08 pm »
I hope you where given VA benefits as part of your discharge Fruitloop.

Offline camille07

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 06:19:40 pm »
Thanks Ann for the new thread
I think its appropriate for my for life....I was always the black sheep,even with one gay sister and one state trooper for a brother its unique. The parenst who were continually lovely dovey broke the paradigm (mapping) of my life.   But I am the biggest black sheep.   I am the lone force sometimes.  Yet I'm a paradox because I'm the one who brings all the family together.  I've been negligent on the story.  I have women walking all around my house so can't tell much.

Hugs,

CAmms

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 08:52:22 pm »
I spent today at a girlfriend's house today. We have been friends since we where 10 or 11 years old. It was a pretty good day. It was nice to see her. We dont make enough time for each other. I should work on that. Or rather we should.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 08:15:26 am »
Good Morning Everyone!

I was a total ding dong this weekend. I went to my ID doctor on Saturday only to realize once I got there that my appointment was Friday! I need to try to get in this week. I still haven't gotten any blood work done. It's so difficult for me to get in to do all that. My schedule just doesn't help. Oh well. This week is parent conference week and Monday I go on my overnight field trip.

I hope everyone is doing well. Betty, you usually post. Are you ok?

Has anyone heard from Cindy?

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 01:57:49 pm »
Hello Ladies. where is everyone. I figure you are all outside enjoying the beautiful weather.                                                                        Andrea, don't feel bad. I have done that a couple times, going to my Doctor appointment on the wrong day.                                                  Wendy, sounds like you had fun at your friend's house.                    Not much going on here, I vacuumed and am doing laundry. I am going outside to wash the giant truck I drive to work. I think I will check the oil and tire pressure while I am at it.                                                       Hope everyone has a great day.   Later. Cristy

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 02:59:58 pm »
Howdy, ladies.  Sorry I've been MIA.  The power cord to our laptop was broken so we couldn't use it once the battery ran out.  Hubby ordered one from a guy in California.  What he didn't realize, until it was too late, is that the cord was coming from Hong Kong.  The earliest estimated day of arrival was tomorrow, but it came today - YEAH!!  We don't have all of Mim's numbers yet.  We have all her lipid stuff (not real good) but not her ID numbers.  I've been calling for 6 days trying to get them, but so far no one has returned my calls. (color me suprised - NOT) 

Honestly, I haven't read everyone's posts from the last thread, but will when I have more than a half-second and can properly respond.  I need to run and get the kids ready for dance class.  Today is Purim so the girls can dress like princesses and the boys will dress like princes.  Our #5 is dressing like a knight.  They'll get their "crowns" tonight.

OK, I've got to run!  Love you all!
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 10:02:44 pm »
I guess I am just checking in too. Nothing major happened today. I took my friend to run his errands since he had been doing it for me while the car was down. I think we're going grocery shopping together tomorrow. He gave me some tables that he didn't need anymore. Boo went home today and after that I went over to a girl friend's house and chilled with her. We haven't done that in a long time.

Have a good night...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 06:13:17 am »
Morning ladies,

Queen, how are things going with the guy on myspace?

Cristy, did you go to the conference for Robert yet?  Please let us know how that goes.

Wendy, that's cool that you're still in touch with someone from that long ago.  I wish I knew what some of my past friends are doing. 

Camms, I can relate on the black sheep thing.  That was always me, all my life (except when I was in like 1st through 5th grade).  I was a hell-raiser and partier, and got into tons of trouble, with the law and other people.  Trouble with law enforcement was pretty easy to get out of when I was in my teen's-early 20's.  Anyway, whenever you feel like talking about it......

Andrea, what kind of field trip did you have?  Was it fun?

Mum, yeah, please let us know what Min's ID numbers are.  How's she feeling?

My computer was down for a day and a half.  My brother's girlfriend was over yesterday and temporarily fixed it.  The ethernet connection on my modem is fried and comcast is supposed to bring me a new modem sometime tomorrow.  So, she put a flashdrive onto her laptop, found my modem's programming, downloaded it onto the flashdrive, and put it on my computer.  I really don't know how else to explain it, though I'm sure there was a bit more to it than what I'm saying.  I'm not good with anything like that.  I wasn't raised with computers, and wasn't familiar at all with the internet until like just a couple years ago, so I'm behind times. 

It's been heavily raining here.  There are several roads that are shut off because of flooding, and one of them is the road the Y's on.  So, I won't be going there until the water receeds, which, according to the news, won't be happening for awhile.  I really need to do laundry today, but I don't know if I'll be hauling clothes around out in the rain.  Anyway, nothing much else going on.  You all have a good day.

Offline netta

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2009, 11:01:12 am »
Hi Ladies, hope you all had a nice weekend. Nothing much going on here. My DH still filling out job applications and getting restless. I'm tryn to encourage him, so many people out of work, we are still blessed, because we have my ssd check and his unemployment. I am so thankful for that. My rent may or may not change, we went to our section 8 housing appointment to update my case. they want blood !! My dh has to have a criminal background check before he can be put on the lease.He has a conviction 10 years ago for robbery/ assault with a play gun, how dum is that.he was high at the time, drugs will make you do strange things. Anyway he served his time and has no parole or anything and is free and clear, but I don't know if they will put him on the lease. (Also he has to put this down on his job appications so that can be a negetive for him. when I think of my husband and his calm demeanor, I cannot believe he did those things. )Anyway it doesn't matter cause they can't kick me off. it will be interesting to see what happens. My electric bill  is sky  high with an up down apt. wish I had a flat now. It has been in the 70s and 80s and is hot  here. We sleep with the windows open and refuse to turn on the air. have to conserve. Took pictures Sunday At my daughters house.
Hope every one is well.
Queen- yo ugo girl
betty- you are so smart! you will have a great career.
Min mum- keep us posted, hope Min is ok

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:10:47 am by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2009, 01:11:38 pm »
This will be a quick post since I am waiting on my friend to pick me up for the grocery store. Betty, which guy on MySpace? Rey or Teto? ;) I have actually talked to both yesterday. Not sure what is going on with Orlando, I haven't heard from him in a few days now. And about ready to say forget it with him.

Netta---You may encounter problems from Section 8 with your hubby's criminal past even if it was 10 years ago. When I first applied for Section 8, I was denied because I was honest about my criminal past which was selling drugs and at that time, 8 years had past. The kicker was that the crime was committed in a different state but they didn't care. I had to have my case manager at my ASO write me a letter in order to meet with the head man that ran Section 8. And now that my son is doing time, he had wanted to stay with me after he finishes the half way house which will be sometime in October of this year. And he can't stay with me because of a felony charge. Is there anyone that could write a letter on behalf of your hubby?

I have been kind of lazy lately so when I get back from the store I will prolly do my dishes and some laundry. I think it's all this rain that has me so sluggish.....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2009, 07:59:40 pm »
This has been a very trying few days.  Sunday we found out that a good friend of our's son killed himself.  I found out about it before his mom did - they couldn't find her.  5 years ago her husband's son killed himself and now her son.  He was only in his mid-30's and left behind a 12yr old daughter and an 8yr old son.  His wife was a SAHM.  Now that Scott's life insurance is voided, she and the kids are left with nothing.  I can't even begin to imagine.

Then last night we found out about another friend of our's neice being taken to the hospital with some sort of really odd pain.  They transported her via ambulance but she was put out in the waiting room.  After a couple of hours, her mom took her home without a doctor ever seeing her.  Well, today, they went to a quick care place who life-flighted her to University Hospital.  She has fluid around her brain consistant with viral meningitis.  All those people she was around in the hospital waiting room were exposed.  The plan was for her to go directly into surgery to have the fluid drained off her brain.  It would then be tested for meningitis. 

Trying to be there for our friends and trying desperately to help them get through this.  Unfortunatly, the only thing I can think of is cooking for them.  How come that's the first thing that comes to peoples' minds?

Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline vivyt

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 11:15:30 pm »
Hey all.

Betty- Just that explanation about the computer confused me. You are definitely more advanced than I am! I haven't gone on the field trip yet. My class goes on Monday. It's the one I go on every year. We spend the night on a ship and reenact the life of an 18th century sailor. I like the rain but not when I have to be out in it... :)

Netta- Nice pictures  :). That's too bad about your husband. I think addictions make people do things they wouldn't normally do and it's unfortunate that we have to constantly pay for our mistakes. I hope it works out for you.

Queen- I hear you about being sluggish. I think the time change did if for me.

Mum-I'm sorry you are going through all that. I think that making a meal for someone is very nice. Any gesture means a lot. When my brother died, people wanted to do so much and they don't know what to do. I remember people buying food and bringing food and that was a help.

Not much happening. I have parent conference week so that takes up much of my time. I am drained! Most of them are going ok. I have only had one where the mother doesn't seem to understand that if her son doesn't turn work in he can't get graded for it and therefore his grades will suffer. She tried to argue with me about her son does have the ability and he shouldn't have a low grade. I told her that I have to see that ability and if he does not turn is work there is nothing for me to grade. She then looked at his math grades and was not happy about those. She said she has seen him do the work, blah , blah, blah. Oh and by the way the student wasn't there and they are supposed to be there, I pulled his folder out of this desk and went through it and of course there was all the incomplete work and a bunch of tests and quizzes with failing grades that he never brought home. I told her that he apparently was only bringing home the ones with the good grades... :) How cute. Anyways...she wants to come back tomorrow with him. I just don't get it. I mean does she think I'm making all this stuff up? Crazy. So that's about all.   :)

Have a good night ladies  ;D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2009, 07:01:11 am »
Morning all,

Netta, I'm not sure about the housing thing, if it includes all felonies, or just drug felonies.  I hope everything works out.  Those pics of you all are very nice.

Queen, I don't remember hearing about this Teto guy.  You just go ahead with all those men!  I've been sluggish also, ever since we had to move the time up.  I don't think I've caught up yet.

Mum, we give food because, most of the time, food = comfort.  And we want to comfort people who are going through hard times.  I think that's very thoughtful of you.  And those are some extremely tough situations.

Andrea, trust me, I don't understand what I said about the computer either.  I would never have figured that out.  My brother's girlfriend used to work on the Geek Squad, and knows tons about computers.  Most of it she said she taught herself.  I just don't have that kind of a brain.   That fieldtrip sounds fun.  I vaguely remember you talking about this last year.  I hope there's no rain.   And good luck with that irate mother.  Some parents don't see their kids' mistakes, no matter whether it's in front of their faces or not.  Geesh.

I'm waiting for Comcast.  They should be here within the next four hours.  I wish I knew exactly what time they're getting here, so I could shower.  But, I don't dare do that, for fear of missing them.  I'm supposed to have lunch today with a girl that used to work at our Aids organization.  She works for CPS now, and is almost done with her master's in social work.  Anyway, I also need to do a tiny bit of shopping, then tonight I have my Anatomy class.  Other than that, just probably reading and doing homework for that awful online class that I have no interest in. :)  You ladies have a good day.  Where's Snow been?

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2009, 07:59:02 pm »
Hello ladies. Long day=quick post.                                                  Minismum, sorry to hear about the difficulties your friends and family are suffering.Both of those situations sound rough.                                Betty,glad you got your computer fixed. I know next to nothing about computers except how to play on the internet. I hope your comcast person came to connect it.                                                                  Andrea, I could see how parent conferences could be exhausting. The field trip sounds like fun, I will hope for no rain for you that day.                   Queen, 2 guys and a possible. Sounds like it could be fun or at least have some possibilities.                                                                             Netta, I don't know much about Section8 but I will be hoping things turn out well for you both.                                                                            I had a doctor appointment    today and I am tired. No problems, my CD4 is 490 and my vl is undetectable. Then we went grocery shopping. My mom went with so it was much easier. Robert's conference is Monday. I expect it to go well. I love his teacher, she is great but I don't know how to improve his focus, he is doing poorly at home, too. Squirmy and argumentative. I hope he is not acting like this at school. I think he will grow out of it but his teacher usually has some good suggestions. We have already established that medicine is out.      I'll update the conference on Monday.  Hope everyone has a great night. TTYL.   Cristy                                                             

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2009, 08:55:50 pm »
Evening---

I am still sluggish from the time change though I did stay up til 1 am, chatting with Teto. Teto and I use to date when I lived in Harrisburg, we worked at the same place. Though he is younger than me, I feel like he was my soulmate. We were inseperable, though the funny thing is neither of us can remember why we broke up. I really can't and don't know if he is lying...lol..So, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. He goes to school and also works. We have been talking every night when he gets online to do his homework. Rey is still around, just got done chatting with him on Yahoo before I logged on here. Orlando left a cryptic message for me, I think he thinks I must be channeling Ms. Cleo or something....And the guy who hit me up on the personal here has decided to pop up again after being missing for about two weeks like nothing even happened...I am thinking Dr.Jekyl and Mr. Hide for real and it's ashame because at one point I had high hopes for him...He just hit me up now on Yahoo and I am giving him hell.

I went grocery shopping today too and it was pure hell. It's a place where you can get things cheap and is usually crowded no matter what day of the week you go or time unless it's close to closing. But you don't want to go then because everything is gone. You get the picture. Anyway, folks are just down right rude in there. It is crowded and people are trying to get by, will slam into you without saying excuse me. By the time I was done in there, I was pissed off and could've slapped a few people. And it just made me downright exhausted.....

I am going to run, time to give myself my shot...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 09:47:02 pm »
Things went from bad to worse.  My sweet friend's neice was confirmed to have bacterial meningitis late last night.  They tested the fluid they drained from around her brain.  Right now her brain is swelling and bleeding.  She's on a respirator and not doing good at all.  She's only 15.  We've had 2 young people die of meningitis in our state in the last couple of weeks already.  Another boy has been fighting it for 2wks and is about to go home.  Then there's Dusty.  Her entire family has to be on antibiotics. Her 3yr old brother is home-bound until he's completed his round. They've put out a bulliten on the local news stations.  The highschool she attended is giving out free meningitis vaccines this Friday.  I wish they'd give out antibiotics, too.  The vaccine won't do any good if someone has already caught it from her.

We also found out today that there's been another death.  I'm at a complete loss right now.  I don't want to even answer my phone tomorrow.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline vivyt

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 09:50:50 pm »
Hey everyone.

Betty- I just had my experience waiting for the cable guy. There was a Seinfeld episode where Kramer was fed up with waiting for either the phone or cable guy so when they said they needed to come by Kramer told them they could come between this time and that time. It was funny. My description doesn't do it justice.

Cristy- Robert sounds like a typical 5 year old.  :) I am sure you will have a good conference.

Queen- "It's Raining Men"  ;D That's all I have to say.

Well, I had more conferences today and all was good. The mother that scheduled another conference with me today canceled.....whatever.

That's about all for me. Things are quite. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

Mum-You posted at the same time as me. I am sorry that all that is happening. That is scary about the meningitis. Hang in there.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 09:09:25 am »
Morning all,

Cristy, good news about your numbers!  I think all kids Robert's age I have known have had the same problems. 

Queen, there is a grocery store here like that.  It's called Aldi's.  They have food cheap, but are constantly crowded and the people are shits.  I can hardly stand to go there.  Of course, here, Wal-Mart's like that also.  Good luck handling all those men.

Mum, I'm sorry about your friend's niece.  They've had problems with meningitis here also.  It's a tough situation.

Andrea, I remember that Seinfeld episode.  Kramer told the cable guy when to come, then took off, and the cable guy finally tracked him down.  It was funny.   Are you done now with the parent conferences?

Well, the Comcast guy showed up yesterday.  I told him what was wrong, but he acted like I didn't know what I was talking about.  So, I told him exactly what my brother's girlfriend said and did.  He said "well, I'm going to check the wires on the pole."  Of course, that did nothing.  So, he came back in and said, "ok, I'll change out the modem." (duh)  Why is it that some people act like you don't know anything?  I wanted to tell him off, but then he started telling me about his house payment being too high, and how he, his wife and kids are having to move into a 2 bedroom apartment.  So, I felt bad for the guy.  He was here about an hour. 

Otherwise, class last night went well. It was the Anatomy class.  Tonight is the independent study, which only lasts for like 45 minutes.  Most of that is done outside of the classroom.  And hopefully I'll have enough umph to go to the HIV support group.  I believe tonight, we're to go bowling.  My therapist is supposed to come over today; other than that, I'll be doing schoolwork.  You all have a good day.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 03:20:50 pm »
Afternoon---

Not much going on here. Finally got off my ass to clean up and do the laundry. About a week's worth of both. I just didn't feel like doing anything and I pay water here now. Still trying to find a pcp. I filled out an application for one which was kind of funny to me. I mean I have filled out papers that ask your medical history but this one was like 8 pages long. So, I will see how that goes.

I really have no plans other than to fill out the paperwork for the rent rebate. How's that for excitement. Yeah, it seems like it is raining men but Rey is the only one I really see. The others, I talk to online because they are in a different city. Am chatting with Rey at the present moment, it's funny because we are both cleaning and chatting in between. Not sure if I am going to see him today but it is definitely overdue.

Betty--Yeah, we have Aldi's here too but I haven't been there in a long time. This place is called Erie County Farms and you can get stuff cheaper than other places most of the time. Yeah, our WalMart gets crowded too and they never seem to have enough check outs open.

Mum-- I am also sorry about your friend's niece. I didn't know meningitis was going around like that, wow.

Since I have no cable at the moment, I am still watching my dvds. I am kind of shopping around for service between Dish Network and Directtv. I would really hate to have to give Time Warner my money, freaking pimps!!!!

Well, that is it for me....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 03:42:53 pm »
One of these days I'll be able to come to you all with good news.  Unfortunately, this is not the day.  I finally got a phone call from some doctor whose name I didnt' care enough about to commit to memory.  He gave me Mim's ID numbers.  She's still undetectable, but her CD4s are still dropping.

In May, 2008: CD4 1207              In Sept, 2008: CD4 988                    In March, 2009: CD4 633

The guy who called me assured me that "somebody" would be taking Doc's patients within a month.  I told him that was not reassuring and gave him a rundown of what she's been through since Dec. 8th.  He got very quiet and said he'd make some phone calls - she needs to be seen.  YOU THINK??  I just kept telling him that she's only 8 - she's only 8.

I'm pissed.  Simple as that.  I want to run off and cry, but I don't have that luxury. 

Mim is having tenitus.  She says that sometimes it sounds like wind in her head, other times like someone is screaming, and today, like glass is breaking in her ear.  She is begging me to take her to a doctor who can make it stop.  I can't.  There's nothing I can do other than what I'm doing.  Which, at the end of the day, isn't much.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 07:30:37 pm »
Hi GFs~

Ohhhhh its been too long since my last post.  I think it was on Queen's birthday.  So much has happened, and I am exhausted, but its all good stuff!

In a nutshell, I am renting my place and I have officially moved in with Iceman.  The kids and I are adjusting to each other, but things are pretty good.  They are only here every other weekend.  Cheech turned 15 on Groundhog Day and is doing GREAT!  You know I love my doggie!  I put in my two week notice at my job this past Monday, told them I wasn't getting paid enough.  They gave me the biggest raise of my life, so I am still there.   ;D

I get my labs done in the next few weeks, so we'll see how I'm doing.  My brother is home from overseas (Army) so I am grateful for his safety.

I need to go shower before Survivor comes on.  Perhaps I can catch up this weekend and get back in the swing of things.  I have really missed all of you SO much.  All I do is commute and sleep, but I am doing pretty good.  Iceman is the best!

More Soon,

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline netta

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 07:58:33 pm »
hello all, So much going on !! I am not worried about sec.8, yes he can get a refference if needed, but luckily we have another section 8 program for hiv/aids that we can qualify for if push comes to shove.
My husband had a job interview today, passed the piss test,  everty thing good.but waiting on the background check. it is a maintanance job at the university.
We'lll see.Tomorrow we have a i.d. doc appt for him. He has been undetectable for years. He has to get ryan white to get his meds, cause of no insurance. other than that we are fine.

Mum- I am praying for you and your friends. such a tragedy.
Minn - we love you girl, hang in there.
Queen- time for you to sing " its raining men"
Moon- so good to here from you, glad you are doing well. yes Igot married while you were mia.!
hope all is well.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 08:00:26 pm by netta »

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2009, 01:28:29 am »
Hi everyone. Lucas had his recheck with the eye doctor. He's still off by 20%,  :-\ but at least it hasn't gotten worse. I've noticed his balance and stacking ability have both improved since the surgery :). The eye doctor recommended we do his vision therapy exercises and patch the left eye for an hour a day. Keeping the eye covered is fun ::). His favorite word this week is "no". He hates the eye drops we have to use for another week yet. Daddy told him yesterday he knew it sucked, but he had to get his drops. Now when it's time for drops Lucas says "SUCKS!!" ::)
Tomorrow Lucas has a playdate. Kayla is a few months younger, and is also a preemie with CP. We're going to meet at the library. After the library we'll hit "Kid to Kid"(2nd hand kids store) to look for bargins.

Moon - Welcome back. I'm glad you and Iceman are doing well. Congratulations on the raise. ;D
Mum - I can't believe what you're going through. :'(  My heart goes out to you and your friends. I'm still praying for Mini. Lucas sends her a hug and kiss. :-*
Queene - so many men, so little time ;D. Have fun!
Netta - I hope your Hubby gets the job.
Well I've got to go. We're headed to Western PA to see the family this weekend. I hope you all have a Good weekend. See you when I get Back,
Lucasmom
Amy

tendai

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2009, 08:10:32 am »
hie ladies

nothing much going on here. just got a snake in my kitchen the other day. i was half hysterical and ran to my landlord and he came and killed it. it was small (bout 15cm) and black. i kept thinking of the snake that i saw on tv that cleopatra used to kill herself. it was small and black too. i told mr outof town and he said 'make sure when i come over theres none of those snakes there' i think he;s more afraid of snakes than i am ::)  i was jumping at shadows and creeping about the place peering carefully to check for funny shapes for days afterwards, just in case one of the snake's brothers decided to come and look for it

mum - poor mini, please give her a hug from me. And one for you too..

cindy - hi, its been ages! congrats on moving in with iceman

netta - im keeping fingers crossed your hubby gets the job..

Offline vivyt

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2009, 08:20:00 am »
Good Morning!

Tend- A Snake!! It would take me more than days to get over that. I always think about those people who find those thing in the toilet.

Netta- I hope your husband gets the job  :)

Cindy- It is sooooo nice to hear from you. It's obvious you are VERY happy  ;D. Keep us updated.

#1 Mom- I am glad Lucas is doing well. That is funny about the "sucks". Kids are funny.

Mum- I am so sorry that Mini has to go through all that. I wonder what is causing her numbers to drop? She seems like she is such a trooper.

Queen- What exactly happened with the cable company?

Betty- I'm glad you got your computer fixed. Did they charge you for that?

I have one more conference today after school and that is it...Thank God! This week has wiped me out! I can't wait for this weekend. I am definitely sleeping in tomorrow  :)
That's about all. Talk to you guys later! :)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2009, 09:35:47 am »
Morning all,

Queen, why don't you get your case manager at the ASO to find you a new doctor?  That's what they get paid for, to help us.

Mum, geesh.  I'm sorry about Min's numbers and continued problems with her head/ears.  What's going to happen with the ear thing?  Do you have another appointment with Dr. Daniel?  Good luck with getting that new ID doc.  Keep pushing, the squeeky wheel gets the oil.

Cin, OMG!  I'm so happy to hear from you.  Congrats on moving in with Ice!  But, we all knew that would happen sooner or later.  And congrats about getting that raise also.  It sounds like things are going along smoothly for you.  Yay!

Netta, I hope your hubby gets that job at the university.  I'll keep him in my thoughts.  Please let us know how things are going.

#1 mom, that's great news about Lucas' balance and stacking being improved.  Have fun on the playdate.

Tendai, holy crap.  I'm thinking about encountering a snake while having roaches on my back.  Geesh, you sure have had your fill of critters lately.  It must be pretty common there, though, like here in a lot of the Southern states, bigger bugs are more common than in the North.  When I moved to Alabama the first time and walked into my brother's house, I saw the biggest, most gruesome bug on the kitchen counter and asked my brother what it was.  He said "it's a roach. Welcome to Alabama."

Andrea, congrats on making it through the week.  I hope you have a restful weekend.  And, I'm not supposed to get charged for the cable guy's call.  I shouldn't, it was their modem that was faulty.

Today I'm supposed to be going out to lunch with my best gay friend.  Hopefully we can find a place that has corned beef and cabbage, I've been craving that.    Last night, after my independent study, I went to the HIV support group, which was at a bowling alley.  I don't bowl, but I had a lot of fun watching everyone else.  I stayed up late, which is why I'm so late getting on here.  My diet has totally fallen apart, and I've been staying up late again pigging out.  I always do good on something for about a week before it all falls apart again.  But, maybe like what happened with my stopping smoking, if I keep sticking to it, it'll eventually stick.         What's every one doing this weekend?

Offline TreDai

• Miss Ohio Plus America 2008
    • my website
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2009, 12:42:41 pm »
Sisters,

nothing really new here right now,Just enjoying my husband and the rest of my family

-mum I will be praying for you and min

-Netta I will be praying that your hubby gets a wonderful blessed Job

-Tendai I would have freaked out too over the snake!! LOL!! all we get here in Ohio is spider

I hope the rest of the week is blessed for eeryone on here!! I will check in soon!!
"Our people die because of a lack of knowledge"
 Miss Ohio Plus America 2008

Offline minismom

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2009, 04:40:42 pm »
Sorrow may last for the night, but JOY comes in the morning!!  Well, Ok, for us it came in the afternoon.  I can now officially announce our NEW ID doctor: Ellis Frazier!  Our first appointment is Thursdy, March 26th at 1:30pm.  It's a 4+ hour drive so we'll drop the other kids with my parents at 9am.  I can't WAIT!!

And, that's not all, ladies.  Wednesday night, they prepared my friend for the death of her neice.  They called in the family and told them that she likely wouldn't live through the night.  WELL, let me tell you what.  Thursday afternoon, they took her off the respirator, she walked a bit around her room, and ate a piece of pizza.  *SNAP!*  They are expecting her to stay in the hospital for 2 more weeks to finish off her antibiotics and have another tap done.  Then, she'll go to a rehab place for about 3wks.  I don't think her rehab will take that long.

JOY! JOY! JOY!

Mim is about the same.  She said the noise in her ears is quieter today, but her head still hurts.  Betty, we're thinking it's Meniere's Disease.  She has all the classic symptoms.  It's what we'll be talking about with our NEW doctor.  Damn, that feels good to say!  Bless you Mike for putting us in contact with him!

I need to fax the office some information.  I'm now breathing easier.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2009, 08:42:38 am »
Morning all,

TreDai, good to hear from you.  I'm glad things are going well.

Mum, great news about the doc and your friend's niece.  It's so good to have some good things finally happen.  I hope the doc is everything you're hoping for. 

I didn't do any homework yesterday.  I had been doing some every single day for the past two weeks, and I was tired of it, so yesterday I spent homework-free.  I went to a local bakery, and got some sweets (bad, I know).  I had lunch with my best gay friend.  We went to a restaurant that has traditional corned beef dinners, so I got one.  I know corned beef is about the worst kind of beef one can eat, but I love it once a year, so diets be damned.  Today I'm going to color my hair and do homework.  I hope you all have a good day.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2009, 09:06:45 am »
Good Morning Ladies. Hope everyone is safe , dry and warm. It's cold and rainy here.                                                                                    Cindy, it is so good to hear from you. Things seem to be going well for you and I wish you all the happiness you so richly deserve.                           Minismum, YAH!!!!!!!!!!    New doctor. That is just fantastic.  That is wonderful  that your friend's niece is recovering. If she can eat pizza , she will be okay ;D.      Sorry that Mini's head still hurts, hopefully that will go away soon. I'd rather almost anything but a headache. Sending mini, you and your whole family ((((hugs)))) and hoping she feels better soon.                                      Betty, glad you got to go out to lunch and enjoy cornedbeef and cabbage. Stick to the diet and eventually it will become habit, I hope                        :).                                                                                                         Andrea, you deserve to sleep in. Dealing with people, especially parents can be exhausting.                                                                   TreDai, enjoy your weekend.                                                             Tendai, damn, a snake in the house. Honey, I would have gone running , too.                                                                                  Lucas'mom, glad his surgery has made some improvement. I hope he has lots of fun at his play date    Hope you and your family have a great weekend.                                                                              Nothing going on here. It's cold and rainy outside but that means I can catch up on laundry. I am off work this weekend and that is fine with me. I worked 10 hours Thursday(with a 2 hour break in between) and it just kicked my ass. I made $100 so it was worth it and today I feel much better.                  I'll check back in later.    Cristy

Offline vivyt

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2009, 09:33:53 am »
Good Morning!

Betty- That sounds like my kind of day! LOL! You have to enjoy the "bad" food once in a while.  :)

Cristy- That's a long day! Serving people is exhausting. You have to deal with all kinds of different people. Enjoy your weekend off.

Mum- Good news!  :) I am glad your friend's niece made a turn around. I hope the new doctor will be able to help Mini

Not doing much today. I have an appointment at the doctor for the one I missed last week.... ::) and other then getting my stuff together for the field trip and correcting papers I don't have much planned.  Stay warm and dry everyone!

Offline camille07

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2009, 02:54:51 pm »
Ladies I just wrote a page  but I'm too tired .....

hello everyone....glad to see cindy posted and doing well.

BT I could write a thesis on the "black sheep" . 

Mum-  prayers for the meningitis.

But hope all is well with everyone...

Offline minismom

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2009, 06:06:55 am »
First ladies, I must apologize.  I have been totally self-absorbed this last week and haven't commented on any of your posts.  I went back this morning and re-read the entire thread and realized how much was going on in your lives that I totally missed the first time through. 

Mom: Good to hear Lucas's surgery went well.  Have you tried letting him color his patch before you put it on?  May not work, but when #6 needed patching, we gave her crayons and stickers to decorate it.  We also put in "Pirates who don't do anything" movie.  As long as she wore her pirate patch, she could watch her pirate movie.  She kept her patch on and I've not memorized yet another kids' movie.

Betty: How was your day off?  You are far more disciplined than I would ever be about homework.  Hang in there, babe, you are SO almost there!  When is your Spring break?  Hopefully you won't have any work to do so that you can just take it easy and breathe for awhile.

Cristy: how'd the meeting go with Robert's teacher.  I can't remember if it was last Monday or tomorrow Monday.  If it's tomorrow, good luck!  His behavior sounds like typical 5yr old stuff to me.  But, what do I know?  I've never had a "typical" 5yr old ;)

Andrea: All I can say is better you than me.  I would rather deal with 100 kids than 5 parents.  In my experience, they either agree with you, or they hate you.  Usually their feelings directly coorespond to their kid's grades.  Will you be teaching summer school again this year?  When is your spring break?  Do kids even get one anymore?  I'm not sure what they're going to do in our school systems here.  Kids already have to go until June 8th - contracts say they can't go past that.  But, they will also start back the middle of August. 

Legislators here are trying to toughen the 180 day law.  The proposed bill says that NO school will get off for Christmas until they've reached 90 days of in-class instruction.  Then, they will NOT get out of school until they've reached 180 days.  The manditory cut-off day will be moved to June 30th with the option of beginning school on August 15th.  To me it's punishing kids for the weather.  It's not their fault, or anybody's as far as that goes, that we live in the mountains and it SNOWS.  3 built-in snow days isn't enough.  Especially since after the snow, there comes flooding.  It's all screwed up.

Cindy: Wow!  I blinked twice, turned around, and you're entire life did a 180!  Congrats on the raise.  Whatever they gave you, I'm sure you deserved more.  Glad you got your house rented, too.  In today's economy you just never know.  Happy birthday to Cheech (same day as mine)! 

Tendai: I would've peed my pants.  We live out in the woods, so snakes are one of those things, but still... Little black snake, huh?  I call those West Virginia Anacondas..lol.  My mom says they aren't poisonous and will eat mice.  That's all fine and dandy, but they need to keep their behinds in the woods and out of my yard.  I'm not one for creepy crawlies. *shiver*

Life here's been pretty crazy.  I took our middle son into Medbrooke Friday night.  He'd had croup and a low grade fever that reacted well to Ibuprofin.  Then, he spiked a fever of 106 so I took him in.  3hrs and blood work later, we left with the PA thinking it was a sinus infection.  By yesterday morning he was fine.  I should've guessed and saved my money - but you just never know.  Then last night, our #6 (who'll be 5 on St. Patty's Day) decided it was her turn and ran a 100.8 fever.  We gave her tylenol, she slept for 3 hours, and seemed to be fine.  We'll see how she wakes up this morning.  What's weird is that they were both fine during the day, then 3pm hits and the fever starts.  Weird - sounds about right for my family.

If I missed anyone, I'm terribly sorry.  I got no sleep last night and at this point I'm running on fumes.  Much love to you all!
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline netta

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2009, 08:59:28 am »
 :o TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY !!!!
GOING TO CHURCH, WILL TALK LATER

Offline vivyt

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2009, 10:18:35 am »
Happy Birthday Netta! ;D ;D

Mum- You are so busy and I wouldn't worry about responding to each and every one of us. I don't mind.  :) We will not have summer school for elementary kids this year because of all the budget cuts. They do however have to offer it to middle and high school. I am going to have to get a job this summer...yikes!

Nothing happening. I am going to get my lesson plans done and get ready for tomorrow. I have to find my sleeping bag...LOL.

Have a good day everyone!
Andrea :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.