Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:09:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 345
Total: 346

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: just a question....  (Read 18781 times)

Offline 99si

just a question....
« on: June 20, 2006, 10:15:34 pm »
hey folks i have a quick question...about 2 weeks ago meet a girl and basically had protected sex with a condom..i didnt break or anything..i went and washed up..came back and fingered her a little like 5 minutes while i was doin that i slipped a new condom on and had sex for the second time but never ejacualted..after that i tossed the condom washed up and left..and chance of hiv in this case?? a response is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Another Question...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 10:17:24 pm »
hey folks i have a quick question...about 2 weeks ago meet a girl and basically had protected sex with a condom..i didnt break or anything..i went and washed up..came back and fingered her a little like 5 minutes while i was doin that i slipped a new condom on and had sex for the second time but never ejacualted..after that i tossed the condom washed up and left..and chance of hiv in this case?? a response is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Absolutely no chance of HIV from what you describe. You used condoms and fingering is no risk for HIV. Please read our Welcome Thread.

Regards,

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 04:53:50 am »

You had no risk, as Matty points out. You did the right thing and used condoms. As hiv is primarily transmitted through unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, keep using those condoms and you will avoid hiv infection. In addition to the Welcome thread, please also read through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use those condoms with confidence.

While you do NOT need to test over this specific incident, you need to know that anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together.

Keep using those condoms and you'll be just fine. Condoms have been proven to be very effective when it comes to hiv prevention.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline 99si

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 08:34:53 pm »
Thank You for the responses, i appreciate it alot..as far as my past expeirences i think i am just not goin to have any intercourse until i find myslef a monogamous relationship..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 07:40:39 am »

When you find yourself that monogamous relationship, please make sure you test together for all STIs before the condoms come off. You can't go by what you think you know about someone, what they think they know about their hiv status, or how healthy they look. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted disease. Use condoms until you know for certain.

Use condoms and avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline 99si

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 01:15:41 am »
what do u guys think about spermicidial condoms...thats what i used in this incident and no sure if it was correct?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 06:14:54 am »

Your use of spermicidal condoms does not change the fact that you had no risk.

At one time, it was believed that spermicide offered some additional protection against hiv transmission, but we now know that it doesn't. In fact, it can make it more likely but this is to the receptive partner only. Strictly speaking, it only increases the risk to someone who uses these condoms many times a day because spermicide can irritate the lining of the rectum and vagina with frequent use. So in the real world, the use of spermicidal condoms is only of concern to someone who uses condoms many times a day, every day. And no, for all of you other people reading this, it does NOT mean that you were at increased risk because you had intercourse with a sex worker while using a spermicidal condom. The risk is purely on the side of the receptive partner.

It is better to use a spermicidal condom than no condom at all.

You had no risk, you used a condom. Keep using those condoms and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline 99si

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 10:26:17 pm »
also , i am currently expierencing headaches that are on and off, and alot of sweating during the day and night although i do live in southern california...but i never sweated at nights?i dont wanna go and get tested for this incident but the symptoms worry me!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 05:02:46 am »
Symptoms don't mean squat. Test for what? You first must have a risk and you haven't.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 07:14:42 am »

As I've already told you, you don't need to test over this specific incident. However, if you are sexually active on a regular basis, you should be having routine checks at least once a year and twice a year is better if you are very active.

If you aren't already having these routine checks, then now is the time to start. A complete check-up will put your mind at rest over this incident and be the beginning of what should be a lifetime habit of good sexual health.

Let us know when you get that negative result - because that is what I am expecting. You should be too.

If you continue to have headaches, see your doctor about them. Whatever is causing them, (probably stress) it won't be hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline 99si

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 07:45:37 pm »
the last std screening i had was about 5 months ago...so i guess ill be checked up next year...

Offline 99si

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 03:42:07 am »
hi its me again...again i went to visit a sex worker and had protected oral and vaginal sex which again lasted 5 minutes all together.nothing failed and condom didnt slip off...my question is does KY jelly make the condom weak and also when i withdrew right before i ejacualted nothing spilled out but there was some white stuff at the tip?does that mean there are tiny holes in the condom?thanks!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 06:33:13 am »

KY jelly is a water-based lube and is one of the correct lubes to use with condoms. Please read through the condom and lube links in my signature line.

Condoms do NOT have "tiny holes". If you've read that somewhere, you've read a myth spread by people who don't want ANYONE to have intercourse outside of a traditional, heterosexual marriage - and they don't want them using condoms either.

The white stuff you saw, if inside the condom, was probably your own pre-cum. If it was outside, it would have been from the woman but the condom protected you from her fluids. That's why you wear condoms - to protect you and they do work. They have been scientifically proven to work in many studies.

You did not have a risk of hiv infection.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline 99si

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 12:56:14 pm »
thanks Ann..u really put my mind at ease when u say i had no risk...i really appreciate the work u do...thank u and god bless.also when the condom was on me i touched the tip with my finger to see if its white but it was a hair size of white fluid on my finger...

Offline 99si

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 06:04:28 pm »
can someone plz answer my question about me touching the condom will still on me...i touched some white fluid like hair size before i took it off then took it off with some tissue and disposed it...will anything transfer that way???

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 07:57:13 pm »
No you do not get infected in that way and before you come back and say you had a cut on your finger, forget it to. It wont' transfer.

Offline 99si

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 11:02:41 pm »
Thanks alot u guys r the BESTTT :)

Offline 99si

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 07:44:00 pm »
im bak...ive been having some mild coghing almost all the time..im also itchy around my body...this has been goin on for bout a month..what can this be from..ars?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 07:48:15 pm »
Can I ask you why you are asking that question when you didn't have a risk? You can't have ARS if you haven't had a risk. Go see your medical doctor for your symptoms.

Offline 99si

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2006, 09:32:35 pm »
hello how is everyone doin...hope everything is good..well i was with my cuzin and we picked a sex worker up..the only thing i did is touch the vaginal area with my index finger with no insertion just the skin and i had no cuts...i did not do anything else with dis woman...am i at risk for anything???thanks for the response!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2006, 06:03:49 am »
Read the transmission lesson in the Welcome thread. You did not have a risk or did you ever put yourself at risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 09:03:23 am »
99, you were not at risk for HIV in any way in this recent incident.

However, there are other STDs out there, some of which can be contracted by skin to skin contact. In general we recommend that anyone who's sexually active should at least annually have a full STD panel done.

I'm just mentioning this as a precaution and not because I think there was any specific risk in the situation you described. There certainly was no risk for HIV.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline 99si

Need To be Pointed In the Right Direction....
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 02:09:29 pm »
OK well couple days ago i was wit a girl that i met through a freind of mine she wasnt a prostitute or anything we ended up in a hotel...so she gave me oral and i came, i washed up and then put a condom then we had sex but i dont know if i came or not it took about 10 minutes all toghether i got tired and just stopped i pullled out and just took the condom off and threw it away. it wasnt broken or torn but im not sure if i busted. well my question is if i did bust and didnt know can cum leak out the sided of the condom somehow???? and my other question is can u get hiv from unproteced oral sex?? thanks!!!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Need To be Pointed In the Right Direction....
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 02:14:50 pm »
not from receiving oral- getting a blowjob.

if the rubber busted, you'd know.   picture a balloon that's popped- same kinda result.  it isn't subtle.

you don't sound like you had any risk of HIV to me. 

there is a lessons section listed at the top of this site.  read it to get the lowdown on HIV transmission.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline 99si

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 02:20:27 pm »
ok thanks alott, so semen couldnt come out the sided of the condom even if i busted n still kept it on cuz im not sure if i busted or not.i just stopped cuz i got tired.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 02:31:34 pm »
oh-  not sure if YOU busted...as in got a nut.  i thought you said not sure if IT busted...the condom.

first off,  i kinda find it hard to believe that you could not be sure if you had an orgasm or not.  i've never not been aware if i had one. 

yes, it is possible for semen to spill out the side of the condom if it doesn't stay rolled up to the base of the penis.

i believe you would be aware of both the orgasm and the leaked semen, though.

in any case, the girl would be the one with more cause for worry in that scenario than you would be.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline 99si

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 02:46:20 pm »
i honestly dont think i busted a nut cuz i had an erection so i dont think i even came at all,the condom was rolled up to the base the whole time.i just stopped cuz i got tired.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 04:18:42 pm »

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Nothing you bring to us today is a risk for hiv infection. Getting a blowjob is not a risk and neither is protected intercourse.

Have a look at the three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence. Use them correctly and consistently and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline 99si

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 04:59:25 pm »
thanks alot for the feedback u guys make me feel soo so much better! ;D

Offline 99si

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2007, 02:55:57 pm »
hey folks well its been about a month or so and i have some symptoms dont know exactly wat they mean....

i have a runny nose and a cough i believe i hade a slight fever, i have a raised bump on my neck with redness around it but the bump is going away...could anything point towards ars symptoms???thanks!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2007, 03:00:55 pm »
What part of YOU DIDN'T HAVE A RISK is it that you don't understand? Your symptoms have nothing to do with ARS or HIV.

Offline 99si

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2007, 12:11:23 am »
hello hello, well i have a question..ive been wit 7 girls in my life and all were protected sex,condom never broke on me and i was never drunk and ive never done drugs my question is should i be worried about hiv and get tested at all or no testing is warranted???

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2007, 12:21:59 am »
Had you read the Welcome Thread like you should have you'd know the answers.

You'd also know what happens to those who post constantly about non-risk situations.

MtD

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2007, 07:33:15 pm »

You have been coming here for over a year now with the same questions, you have been told repeatedly you were never at risk, you do not have HIV and you have no reason to test for HIV...so what is your problem, if you are not going to listen to the experts here then there is not much else we can do for you...you need to move on now.

One more question regarding this and you will be given a serious Time out, as Matty said, if you had read the welcome thread you would know this...please consider this a warning.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline 99si

unprotected oral protected vaginal
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2007, 07:11:56 pm »
Hello to everyone...in my past post i had said i had unprotected oral and protected vaginal intercourse, this was the last time i had sex and now after 4.5 months i am feeling some nausea and some loss of appetite and i wake up in the mornings with some phlem??Wat can this possibly be?

Offline RapidRod

Re: unprotected oral protected vaginal
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2007, 07:29:05 pm »
If you have a concern see a doctor. It has nothing to do with HIV.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2007, 07:36:42 pm »
I have merged your threads keep all your question here from now on.

Read all the replies you have been given so far and keep reading them until you understand..and if that doesn't help then read theWelcome Thread..again.

Whatever your problem is it's not HIV..go and talk to your doctor, if you refuse to listen this time or come back with the same question you will be given a 28 day TO..seriously you need to move on now, if you don't then that TO will be followed by a permanant ban.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline 99si

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2008, 06:35:05 am »
Hello to everyone again i just wanted to thank everyone helping people get through tough times and sheding light over everyone who is a worried well.

my question is brief and follows...my last sexual encounter was 1 year and 3 months ago which was protected vaginal intercourse and unprotected oral sex.Recently i started to get red dots which are in my armpit only on one side which go away then return just wanted to know if that has to do with HIV or if its a symptom? thank you!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2008, 07:44:02 am »

Go show your dots to a doctor if they worry you. It's nothing to do with hiv.

Re-read your entire thread. You had no risk, remember?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline 99si

just a question....
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2009, 09:08:09 pm »
hey all .. recentley ive had some things pop up on my skin ,those things are: a fungal infection in my thigh skin folds i went to my doctor he gave some cream applied it and it goes away but comes back later on in the future, i have a raised bump on my leg size of a dime which is red and hurts,and some random strecth marks in my armpit area..i had a protected vaginal and unprotected oral with a female about 2.5 years ago. that was the last time i had sex.thank alot im really worried about all this!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: just a question....
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2009, 11:37:08 pm »

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. You have been told this in the past. Thank you for your cooperation.

You never had a risk for hiv infection. If you don't believe us, go test and collect your negative result. And get on with your life.

Ann
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 05:31:20 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline 99si

need some words of encouragment please
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2010, 11:09:52 pm »
Hello ive been on these posts several times and i just want to say you guys do a amazing job helping people get through these thought times and i have a tremendous amount of respect for that and just would like to say thank you for being there!

Anyway i would like to breifly state my problem and hopefully get some encouraging feedback to get tested...me and my gf have been in a monogoumous relationship for over 2 years now and i know she is clean and the only thing ive done is unprotected oral and all my encounters have been protected vaginal.Recently we broke up  and in the time we were seperated she met a freind and they had unproteced vaginal on 2 seperate occasions.We got back and had sex unprocted vaginal couple times.I know before all of this we were hiv free.Now ive been in terror for almost 3 months thinking about this incident with her and just need some reassurance to get the test because at the moment im scared and very terrified..;( plz if u guys can shede some light i would appreciate this so very much ! again thank you

Offline RapidRod

Re: need some words of encouragment please
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2010, 07:07:54 am »
■Please do not start a new thread every time you have another question or thought - regardless if you think your questions are related to each other or not. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Additional threads will be merged.

■If you cannot find your thread, click on the "Show own posts" link in the left-hand column of any forum page, under your name

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: just a question....
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2010, 09:14:42 am »
I've merged your latest thread with your previous one. Please follow our rule and keep all of your entries in this same thread.

The only time condoms can be dispensed with is when both parties are in agreement to be in a committed and monogamous relationship and test negative together at a reliable testing point. That means at 13 weeks past the most recent unprotected incident. Otherwise and until then you two should always be using condoms for intercourse.

You can if you wish test initially at 6 weeks past the most recent incident. Assuming you test negative you would still have to test again at 13 weeks. With a negative at 6 weeks the very strong likelihood is that you will continue to test negative.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.