Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:55:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773552
  • Total Topics: 66383
  • Online Today: 390
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 300
Total: 302

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Its good to talk!  (Read 8096 times)

Offline britchick

Its good to talk!
« on: November 18, 2014, 08:22:59 am »
I haven't really posted much lately,although I still read poz everyday.
I had a wee bit of a meltdown .....and just couldn't seem to move forward.
I contacted THT for counselling and they have been fantastic.

Just to let you know that sometimes its good to talk!!!!!!

britchickxxxx

Offline emeraldize

Re: Its good to talk!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 08:39:24 pm »
Hey there BC

You are so right.

Glad they're giving you support.

Melting and reforming.

It's a tough cycle to pedal alone.

Em

Offline britchick

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 10:43:49 am »
emeraldize,
Thanks so much for your message :)
britchickxx

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 07:26:29 am »
My complete pleasure.

You have always shared your pluck and joy with others here.

Soldier on.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 02:50:00 pm »
There must be something in the air in the UK Brit , I share the meltdown , it's good to hear you coming out of it .
It's also good to hear something positive aboutTHT as of late I seem to be listening to  moans about them .
As em said your a plucky soilder
Best wishes
M
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline britchick

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 05:29:55 pm »
Cheers Theyer,

Nice to hear from you.Please send some heat up here!
I  don't think I'd be feeling better if THT hadn't helped me out so much.....so big ups to them.
I tend to go really quiet when I'm not feeling great.
Enjoy your Christmas with your friends and Mia and hope you get lots of time to rest and heal as you have been through the mill.

My plans for Christmas are just to be at home on my days off,rest and definetly no toffee vodka.I've banned it this year!!!!!

Best wishes and take it easy.

britchickxxxx

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 05:29:08 pm »
Just starting to crawl out of a recent hole.

Whether UK or USA -- weather, the lonely's, holidays whether you want 'em or not, and the physiological endurance contests continue.

Hope you're both on the upswing and have a good run of days to get you into 2015

Offline Alan_B

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 03:02:07 pm »
I sometimes feel guilty about feeling down.

I occupy myself by having a stressful job and spending money on whatever I want, but at the end of the day I still go to bed alone. My mates dint get it, they think material things bring happiness. I am jealous of their relationships and families.

Christmas is the worst time tbh.
Diagnosed - 01 Dec 2011 cd4 500
                  17 Jan 2012 cd4 520 vl 250k
                  02 Feb 2012 cd4 490 16% vl 167k - atripla
                  28 Jun 2012 cd4 610 24% vl 75
                       Jul 2012 cd4 870     Changed meds
                      Aug 2012 cd4 660 UD
                      Nov 2012 cd4 640 UD

"There is nothing wrong with going to bed with someone of your own sex. People should be very free with sex; they should draw the line at goats."  ~ Sir Elton John

Offline bordem

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 03:58:17 am »
very good post. Ive been keeping it to myself since my Dx, and have had a few minor melt downs my self.
8/14 CD4 92 15.3% VL 3,000,000+
10/14 Started Striblid & Mepron
11/14 CD4 363 16% VL 1,400
01/15 VL 115 No Cd4 test

Offline tanp

• This Roller Coaster of Life
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 11:47:52 pm »
HI,

I've been living with HIV since 2004 and have dealt with this disease alone mostly the entire time. I married a HIV negative person in 2012 and am now separated and divorcing and now that makes only one other person that knows my status. However, there is know one for me to talk to therefore I suffer with elevated bouts of depression and now massive panic attacks. I do not medicate myself which dosent help my situation. I do understand that talking through the depression, anxiety etc helps and therefore I talk to myself a lot (don't judge me). I am not crazy however this helps me to put things in perspective for myself and vent at the same time. What I am trying to say is that I agree that it is very GOOD to talk

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 06:36:08 am »
HI,

I've been living with HIV since 2004 and have dealt with this disease alone mostly the entire time. I married a HIV negative person in 2012 and am now separated and divorcing and now that makes only one other person that knows my status. However, there is know one for me to talk to therefore I suffer with elevated bouts of depression and now massive panic attacks. I do not medicate myself which dosent help my situation. I do understand that talking through the depression, anxiety etc helps and therefore I talk to myself a lot (don't judge me). I am not crazy however this helps me to put things in perspective for myself and vent at the same time. What I am trying to say is that I agree that it is very GOOD to talk

Hi Jim,

Everyone is speaking truth and please be reassured that all of us living with this disease has battled depression, anxiety and the difficulties of knowing each day that if we do not swallow a pill, we will not survive. It feels and seems like such a morbid existence. I live with extreme anxiety, depression and panic attacks, along with the loneliness that comes along with having this disease. If dying from Aids was easy, I believe there will be a lot less of us in existence. However, it is long, painful and excruciating process. Please find someone to speak with, use this forum to vent, and continue to fight the disease and the mental stresses.

Betty you sound like a warrior...God Bless.

Thanks to all that post and all that listen and respond to these posts. These forums mean so much to so many.

Tan

Tan I think you should open your own thread and introduce yourself some more.  I worry to hear that you are so isolated. If you want to talk people could better have a dialogue with you if you open a thread.

Did I understand this correctly - that you have HIV over 10 years and are not on HIV treatment?  What do you mean when you say you are not medicating yourself?  Not treating the depression? Panic attacks?  The HIV infection? Both?

I understand that this is your experience for many years, but it does not have to be, and many HIV+ people are not living with this same experience:
Everyone is speaking truth and please be reassured that all of us living with this disease has battled depression, anxiety and the difficulties of knowing each day that if we do not swallow a pill, we will not survive. It feels and seems like such a morbid existence.

I feel nothing negative when I take my HIV treatment everyday. That is the last few years.  Just a routine action. The first year I took my combo, I felt good things every time I took it every day: grateful hopeful calmer

Maybe you too can find this routine feeling, if you talk here, reach out in your life where you are, and perhaps also find mental health treatment.  Its very unfortunate you are so isolated. Is it absolutely necessary? 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.