Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:31:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772950
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 482
Total: 483

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: RAB: You ain't seen nothing...  (Read 3399 times)

Offline Robert

RAB: You ain't seen nothing...
« on: June 27, 2006, 12:34:11 am »
Rocky is complaining about a heat wave.  Well, yesterday, as far as I could tell, RED BLUFF was the hottest spot in the continental United States:117.

By the way, Red Bluff is in the northen part of the Sacramento Valley, about 160 miles south of the Oregon border.

Yesterday was brutal.  Pure torture.

robt

Offline Cliff

Re: RAB: You ain't seen nothing...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 01:32:02 am »
oh my god, 117 degrees!!!  I hope you are staying cool (AND INSIDE mister), while drinking plenty of water.  The last thing you need is a heat stroke.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 08:21:51 am »
Robert

117?  HOLY CRAP!  The Sacramento Valley though is notorious for these kinds of heat waves, especially up in your area.  And I thought I was sweating!  Yikes!

Stay cool buddy.

RAB

(Who lives North of Robert where these kinds of temps usually don't appear till mid August!  Anyway, it's supposed to cool down today to the low 90s.)

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 02:05:46 am »
This weather is crazy.  Strange weather patterns since the winter rains.  In Feb it got into the high 90's and they told us of possible draughts.  Then record amounts of rain for March and April.    Summers here are always hot and dry and this last weekend 112' was forcast but the 117'came out of nowhere and I'll admit was a little too much too soon.

And now here it is, 2 days later and right now there is thunder and lightening.  That's sort of spooky because everything is so dry, the lightning could start a fire.

So anyway, maybe El Nino is back in the picture. 

robert

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.