Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:19:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773209
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 562
Total: 563

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: #s and my most recent diagnosis  (Read 4157 times)

Offline RobT

#s and my most recent diagnosis
« on: June 19, 2007, 10:44:12 pm »
All-
I had a drs appt earlier today and my #s r the same since my last set of #s. When I reached close to 800 on my CD4, that was most lilkely a fluke, cuz I went from around a CD4 cell count of 480 to 800 w/in a couple of mnths and a few tests afterwards, drifted down to around around 500-600.
I had a bone density test as well the last time I saw my shrink. I thought nothing of it at the time, but I got news that I thought I wud never hear. I have been diagnosed w/ osteoporsis in my spine and hips. I thought that it only happened to older women, not a guy that is not even 30 yrs. So I have to take calcium supplements and testosterone replacements daily.
I do not know if I am lactose intolerant cuz I refrain as much as I have to on most dialy products, xcept ice cream and cheese. I can have milk, but only if it is mixed w/ something like chocolate or in my coffee either in a latte/mocha/or cappuccino. I guess I have to up my dairy intake from here on out.
Does any1 else have a similar diagnosis?
I go on vacation on Friday, over to Providence, RI to see my boy. I am so happy about that. He has been really wierd so I do not know what to expect. I am hopeing for the best :)

Rob
Current meds: Atripla
VL: undetectable
CD4: 630

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
Re: #s and my most recent diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 11:23:04 am »
Hey Rob,

Sorry to hear about the osteoporosis. Some of the meds can cause it. I don't remember if you are taking meds or not.

Leafy, green vegetables also have some calcium that may help you supplement your intake.

http://www.carrotcafe.com/f/calevel.html

Good luck and hang in there.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 02:22:50 pm »
Rob darling,
If you were Lactose intolerant you would most definately know it. As you are able to consume milk and cheese without ill effects, then you should have a serving or two or the RDA each per day.
As Mark said, dark leafy greens are an excellent source of calcium, most especially broccoli. OOOOooooooooo  yeah..broccoli and cheese!  Wahoo!
Your numbers are really good, and I encourage you to venture into the world of more cruciferous veggies.......Oh, and OJ!
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Longislander

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 06:20:52 pm »
Sorry about the Osteo. diagnosis. Take the others advice about the veggies ( I hate veggies, myself)

Your # are great.

Have fun In P-town, and good luck with the boy~

Paul
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline whizzer

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 09:22:23 pm »
Broccoli is full of calcium, and has more vitamin C than oranges

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.