Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:58:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 341
Total: 341

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Can you get hiv from sharing cocaine  (Read 15982 times)

Offline ineedhelp25

Can you get hiv from sharing cocaine
« on: November 25, 2006, 04:32:52 pm »
I have been really stressed lately because of something stupid that i did. I have been married for 9 years and I cheated on my husband for one of my ex-boyfriends who was just released from prison of 7 years. I really didn't think about what i did now I'm suffering. we had a sexual encounter and didn't use protection the thing is really he did not cum at all and we were not able to finish i say the hold thing my have lasted about 2minutes at the most. Then i went for testing 4 days later and they explain to me that i would have to come back in three months for hiv and herpes. I then got a phone call saying that all of my test were negative but i tested positive for herpes and that he could have not gave it to me. but i been i one relationship for years and me and my husband is  close and i know he didn't give it to me. so then that made me worry about hiv. i soon became ill i thought it was ars my neck became really stiff as if my lymph nodes was really huge,i then started running a low grade fever, diarrhea, muslepain joint pain flu like symptoms right after 2 weeks after possible exposer i had a run down feeling that lasted for about 4 weeks. I have been tested at 2weeks 3weeks and 3 days away from 5 weeks witch was 33 day after exposer and the test have been negative i really want to know am i really negative  i am still stressed and still feel achy sometime  I was thinking maybe it was the herpes virus i don't know but i have learned a leason i cry everyday mainly when i look at my kids they need me and i went out and did this stupid thing

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: i really need someone advise
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 04:54:22 pm »
ineed,

The vast majority of people who have actually been infected with hiv will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, with the average time to seroconversion being only 22 days. This means that the negative result you have so far is very encouraging, but not conclusive.

Symptoms or even the lack of symptoms mean absolutely nothing when it comes to hiv infection. Only hiv testing will inform you of your true hiv status. Don't forget that we are in the middle of cold and flu season, so don't let the illness you experienced get you down. If it had anything to do with hiv, you would most likely have tested positive on your last test.

As for the herpes, if you ever get cold sores on your lips, this is the same virus and will cause a positive herpes test. It is also possible to have herpes and never have outbreaks, so there is no way of knowing when you were infected with herpes. It might not have anything to do with your experience with your ex.

Hang in there and try to relax while you wait for your final test. In future, please try to remember to use condoms outside your marriage. You might be thinking "never again", but you never know.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 04:57:36 pm »
ineed,

I removed the post (the same post as above) that you made in someone else's thread. That is called thread hijacking and it is something we don't encourage here. Please keep all your additional thoughts or questions here, in your own thread, only. Please read through the Welcome Thread and take note of our forum posting guidelines. While you're there, follow the Transmission Lesson and Testing Lesson links. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ineedhelp25

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 10:57:31 am »
thank you so much ann for the reply so what your saying that if it was hiv when i was expericing the symptoms i would have been testing positive the test i also used was the rapid at 5weeeks. is that a good test. also i woke up early this moring still very worried because last night i thought that i was having night sweats i jut dont know what to do. and i also didnt make my self clear i have hsv2 and when the doctor told me i never had an out break but my be all the stress this week i think i had my a out break because my legs was hurting me and my lower back that why i thought when i was having those flu symptoms it was due to hsv2 at first because i thought it was the primary outbreak but i didnt see sores i had the flu like symptoms.so your saying that after a month 33 days is encoraging. thank so much for you help i see you helped alot of people

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 12:05:06 pm »
ineed,

Herpes 1 and herpes 2 don't necessarily show up where they're supposed to. It's entirely possible to get type 1 on your genitals or type 2 on your mouth. If what you experienced recently was a primary outbreak, you would have known. Primaries are usually quite painful - as are any herpes outbreaks. You'd know. It's quite possible you've had herpes before your indescretion.

Don't forget that it is flu season. With the negative test result you have from 33 days, I'm fully expecting you to continue to test negative - but you do need to confirm that at three months. Try to stay productively busy while you wait for your final test and do yourself a favour - stay off hiv internet sites.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ineedhelp25

im still scared
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 10:33:36 am »
 please help?

I was have basicaly told you guys everything and tommorrow i am going for some more testing i went at 33 day now it has beem 7 weeks so what are my chance of being negative if i was negative at 33 day i so scared my family and babie need me i would really feel bad for them especaily my one year old daughter so im hoping im negative please help. what worry me is the symptoms that i had been having.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: im still scared
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 12:06:51 pm »
ineed,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Symptoms mean nothing. Your test result is unlikely to change.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ineedhelp25

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 03:36:35 pm »
i was just looking over some of the things you said and the reson i say it was not the flu is because i had all the symptoms such as swollen glands,achy allover musel joint pain and so on so what are my chancse of turnig positive at 33 days

Offline ineedhelp25

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 03:37:29 pm »
oh ans also woundlt my family have goting the flu also?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 04:37:35 pm »
ineed,

From what you report - namely that your illness started around two weeks before you tested - I really can't see your test results changing. The illness that some people experience (not everyone does) is your body's reaction to your immune system creating antibodies to hiv. You would have tested positive (or inconclusive) if your illness was ARS. The symptoms you report are completely consistent with flu.

Your family would not necessarily also get the flu.

You are just going to have to stay productively busy and try to put hiv out of your mind while you wait for your conclusive test. I'm expecting it to be negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ineedhelp25

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 10:14:00 pm »
when you say the average time to convert 22 days what does that mean

Offline HIVworker

• HIV researcher
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 10:58:10 pm »
In an analysis of people who seroconvert after a known exposure, the average time taken to detect antibodies after exposure is 22 days. It is an average.
NB. Any advice about HIV is given in addition to your own medical advice and not intended to replace it. You should never make clinical decisions based on what anyone says on the internet but rather check with your ID doctor first. Discussions from the internet are just that - Discussions. They may give you food for thought, but they should not direct you to do anything but fuel discussion.

Offline ineedhelp25

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 10:28:57 am »
hey ann i think i have some wonderful news i tested at 3 days away for 8weeks and my test results came back negative using the oraquick. do you think that this is conclusive should still have worries. please help

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 11:53:32 am »
Ineed,

While an eight week negative result is unlikely to change, only a three month test is conclusive.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ineedhelp25

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 11:00:21 am »
ok you guys i have kind fo moved on but that thought is still there. now i have a cold and kind of panic its been 9 weeks and im still kind of wondering you know i have leared alot. but is the oraquick test a good test ? and is 8 weeks enough time? and would i test negative at 12 weeks? anybody help?

Offline ineedhelp25

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2006, 08:47:04 pm »
i am trying to enjoy the holidays and that is stirll on my mind do u think that my test would change? and i still have symptoms my hands go numb sometimes and my glands are still swollen. what should i do the hotline in Massachusetts said that a six week test is all i needed what should i belive? and i am still not sure about that oraquick? please help

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 10:09:38 pm »
Need,

A six week test is only conclusive in Massachusetts - when you've tested in Massachusetts. We have told you that the vast majority of people who have actually been infected with hiv will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, with the average time to seroconversion being only 22 days. This information hasn't changed.

Your test result is unlikely to change. Put this out of your mind for now and get on with the holiday celebrations.

Ann
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 08:55:37 pm by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ineedhelp25

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2006, 02:45:50 pm »
but what im saying is the negative test with the oraquick ok at 8 weeks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2006, 08:57:28 pm »
need,

As we have already told you, the only test that we recognise as being conclusive is the one at three months. Although your eight week negative result is unlikely to change, for a conclusive result you must test at three months.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ineedhelp25

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2007, 11:07:00 am »
now the time is here its been 12 weeks and i am scared that my test will change. the test that i am taking is rapid and neg at 71/2 weeks what are the risk that they will change i still pretty much have all the symptoms like aches joint etc.............. pretty much all what should i do i need help fast i thought about if i test positve i

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 11:16:32 am »
Wait till you get your results.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 04:15:12 pm »
And I expect you to continue to test negative.

Really.
Andy Velez

Offline ineedhelp25

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 09:06:15 am »
well u guys u have been of great help and i will finally put this to rest i went and got tested and negative at 3months so i really thank all of u for your help. because i needed it. this forum is very helpful. so i wish all u the best of luck and stay healthy.

Offline ineedhelp25

Re: i did it again
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2007, 02:33:41 pm »
I need all little information well i saw that ex off mind he says he clean and he went a got checked out but you never know.so we had sex about almost 2weeks ago now sat makes 2weeks and we used a condom but iduring sex he kind of stop and pull it back he said im just pulling it back it was slipping it never came off but is that a risk do i have to be tested all over again? So then 3 days later i had an itch and as i have told u i have herpes type 2 so i went and showerd and i was burning i went to the doctor they said that i was having an out break and the condomm could have irritated me. what im trying to find out did i put my self at rick again. please help i used a condom now they say thats no 100% what do i do?

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2007, 02:52:40 pm »
First of all KUDOS for using the condom.  Secondly, please dont use the word "clean" when you speak of your ex's status.  That implies that I am "dirty" and I assure you I am not.

As for the condom slipping, this happens sometimes, it does not increase the risk of HIV transmission.  He had a condom on and thats what matters, you were protected.  I would not test over this incident because you didnt have a risk.  You can take that to the bank!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline ineedhelp25

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2007, 11:45:55 am »
You guys i messed up again i guess i'm just not going to have sex no more i had sex with this guy i met and the condom came off and we did not know untill we was finished so i had a risk becaause he came . so now it's been 5 weeks since and i got tested at five weeks negative but its like im starting this all over again. theonly diffrence is this time i am trying to stay busy untill 3 month but i find myself stil worring he went and got tested 2 weeks and he was negative and i got tested by lab core at 4 weeks and rapid at five weeks all negative but i have been having some symptoms such as getting strep throat twice in 2 weeks is it because my immune system is going down i dont know what to do my glands feel like there swollen i have white patches in the back of my throat please help

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2007, 11:51:45 am »
Condom came off?
RIDE!!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2007, 12:51:39 pm »
You've been here long enough that you should know what we say about symptoms. Tell us your 13th week test result, because that is the only one that matters.

Offline ineedhelp25

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2007, 06:07:17 pm »
yes the condom came off boike i reall dont know all that i saw was nothing there when we were done but this is diffrent like i said i seem to be getting this infection again are with spots on the back of my throat that what worrys me. That why when i have a problem i come back to this forum for a peace of mind. so my results at 5 weeks with this i have going on in my throat would i have tested postive if it was ars?

Offline hypobass

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2007, 06:46:06 pm »
You need to stop cheating on your husband first of all!!!  Stop putting him at risk!!!!  It's not fair to him!!  I'm not here to make you feel guilty, you should already.  If you are afraid you may have contracted HIV this time around, you can do nothing but get a test!!  You've been in here twice before, and you know all that is to be known or suggested.  We all make mistakes, consequences suck, but you must wait it out!!  I wish you luck.  After your negative results, please BE FAITHFUL to your husband!!!

Offline ineedhelp25

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2007, 07:17:49 pm »
well i guess your right and that was not the anserw i was looking for. you dont know my situation about me and my husband FAITHFULNESS he cheated on me and im not trying to put him at risk things happen and this is my experience so dont tell me about faitfulness when U dont know the situations i feel good about my results and i will return in 13 week to get my last test trust and belive that. but on that note u have taking this to a whole nother level i was looking for comfort but i guess not here when people just dont know you. [You was out of place we went from symptoms to been faithful just forget it and ill just test again because ill be negative i was last time and ill be my own comfort as llong as i have god and dont put me are my husband at risk again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2007, 07:22:36 pm »
Hypobass you are not qualified to respond here, you are not a doctor, not a psychiatrist, you don't have hiv, etc. You're welcome to read, but refrain from posting on here.

Thanks,

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline hypobass

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2007, 07:30:29 pm »
I know I'm not a doctor, that is why the advice I gave was to get a test.  I understand when people need comfort, I've been there before.  Yes, I don't know the situation between her and her husband, but putting anybody at risk is just not right!  Whether their marriage is perfect, or a disaster, you still hold the same responsibilities!  I've screwed up and regretted it, just trying to help people when I have been in the same situation!!  NEVER meant to upset anybody at all.  Just trying to help people appreciate what they have.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2007, 09:38:40 pm »
You need to stop cheating on your husband first of all!!!  Stop putting him at risk!!!!  It's not fair to him!!  I'm not here to make you feel guilty, you should already.  If you are afraid you may have contracted HIV this time around, you can do nothing but get a test!!  You've been in here twice before, and you know all that is to be known or suggested.  We all make mistakes, consequences suck, but you must wait it out!!  I wish you luck.  After your negative results, please BE FAITHFUL to your husband!!!

In addition to what Rod milker said.  we do not judge people's morality on this forum.  We help assess risk and answer questions on HIV transmission.

You need to refrain from posting here please.

Ineedhelp please ignore those posts they arent helping.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 09:49:36 pm by ACinKC »
RIDE!!!

Offline ineedhelp25

Can you get hiv from sharing cocaine
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2010, 11:15:45 pm »
please help i tried coke and i think the girl was positive am i ok if i just shared a key with her..... and she drunk out my beer?????? always worried and thats not right .... people go threw all sorts of things and im 8 weeks postpartum please just  help cuz i said i wasnt going to hang with that girl because of her drug use......

Offline RapidRod

Re: Can you get hiv from sharing cocaine
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2010, 11:22:56 pm »
   Please do not start a new thread every time you have another question or thought - regardless if you think your questions are related to each other or not. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Additional threads will be merged.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Can you get hiv from sharing cocaine
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2010, 08:35:42 am »
need,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You've been coming here for long enough to know that you're not going to become infected by sharing things like cups or glasses with someone who is poz. You're also not going to become infected with hiv by sharing a straw for snorting drugs.

And you need to know that your snotty attitude isn't appreciated here. You disparage this woman because she sometimes uses drugs, but what did you do yourself? You used drugs. So leave the attitude at the door.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.