Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:40:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 641
Total: 643

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Do you have a routine for taking your pills?  (Read 3603 times)

Offline LiveWithIt

Do you have a routine for taking your pills?
« on: October 29, 2016, 11:53:59 am »
I found a 7 day pill box that has an AM and PM.  it fits all the meds I take, 3 for HIV one multi vitamin and 2 non hiv. 

I fill it on Tuesday every other week because I use the AM for one week and the PM side for the other week. 

This way if I forgot if I took my meds or not I look and see if that days pills were taken. 

Lately I've been waking up earlier like between 5 and 6 and have breakfast, but I take my meds later.

I had to set up a Med reminder app on my smartphone as an alarm because I've been distracted and forgetting every once in a while to take them.
Pray God you can cope
I know you have a little life in you yet.
I know you have a lot of strength left.

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
Re: Do you have a routine for taking your pills?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 12:03:27 pm »
It's not too hard for me to get into a routine.  I take Atripla and just make sure it's the last thing I do before I go to bed!  Haven't missed a dose so far.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline ad2san

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 03:53:47 pm »
Hi, i take it with breakfast, no Matter what Time I am having it (Dome Times verwegen 6 and 10 am
Feb   2009 CD4 358 VL 2000 16%
May  2009 CD4 305 VL 3069  14% <---- Started TVD+ATZ/r
Jul  2009 CD4 512 VL <50   18%
Jul 2010 CD4 418 VL <50 24%                     
Switched to Kivexa (Epzicom) + Norvir + Reyataz (due to sleep problem)
Aug 2010 CD4 606 VL <50 25%
Jul 2011 CD4 494 UD 23%
Switched to Kivexa (Epzicom) + Viramune XR (due to kidney problems)
January 2012 CD4 564 UD 31%
January 2013 CD4 594 UD 26%
Switched to Kivexa (Epzicom) + Isentress due to BIG increase GammaGT
Feb 2013 CD4 699 UD 28%
Aug 2014 CD4 639 UD 25%
Switched January 2015 to Triumeq
May 2015 CD4 807 UD 31%
Switched Nov 2016 to Genvoya due to gastric problems
November 2016 CD4 847 UD 32%

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 08:46:56 am »
I use a 7 day pillbox too

I take at 10pm every night. Sometimes a little earlier (from 9pm) or a little later (latest has been around 1am) depending on what I'm doing.

I also have a keychain thing which stores a days meds, just in case I am out and about and need to take them.

My gf texts me to remind me every day, although 80% of the time I remember without her doing this.

Easy Peasy
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline alberche

• a distancia del mundo incierto, saludo mi suerte
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 03:05:47 pm »
I use 4 methods to check for this. 1.- I write down on a white board the date each pill blister/can is supposed to be over and, when it is over, I check if the noted date and the real one are matching. 2.- For blistered meds, I count the empty blisters and compare with the days passed since I started with it to find out whether I may skipped one dose. 3.- I use a pill doser and I have always on me, wherever I go everyday, the dose needed for two days, so when I take the current day dose, I just replenish it ( and randomly, when doing this, I check for points 1 and 2). 4.- I take my pills everyday at there same time (with a margin of 1 hour before or after), if possible, at the same place -usually at home-. It's worked well for me all these years on meds.

8)
love is blindness...  a wonderful song!

Offline daveR

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 07:54:41 pm »
I use a daily pill box, I put the pills in first thing in the morning, my watch and phone alarms are set, the watch 45 minutes before and my phone 15 minutes before my normal time. I then have a very childish names for the pills that I use when I swallow them and visualize them being swallowed and beating up the virus. The reason for that is  was becoming to relaxed with them and forgetting that I had taken them five minutes after doing so. This saves me having to count the pills remaining. After all of that I note in on my smart phone calendar straight away. In the evening I then update my spread sheet.

Offline Dan88

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 08:00:04 pm »
It's not too hard for me to get into a routine.  I take Atripla and just make sure it's the last thing I do before I go to bed!  Haven't missed a dose so far.

Me too! I'm also taking Atripla. I just have an alarm. Sometimes I'm watching TV or surfing the internet and my alarm goes off, then I take my pill and a vitamin and go back to what I was doing, always between 10 - 11pm. I wanted to buy a pill box but Atripla is the only medicine I'm taking, so it's not really worth it.  ::) I'm also trying to live as normal as possible, having a notebook or a pill box would remind me I have HIV all the time. That's why I take it with my vitamins and try not to think about the virus afterwards. I even have my atripla pills inside a vitamin bottle. Yep, I'm still in denial.   :P But my adherence has been 100% so far.  8)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:02:15 pm by Dan88 »

Offline vrsan

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 05:13:56 am »
My android devices yell at me at 15 minutes before, and my wristband vibrates 2 minutes before, and at the exact time, and it needs to be physically acknowledged (by tapping it), which i do after i took the pills. May sound like overkill, but hey, 100% so far :)

I take my pills at 11:00/12:00, depending on daylight savings, i chose to stick to "world time".

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 07:22:59 am »
I take mine in the morning when ever I get around breakfast, Genvoya must be taken to food. I use a 7 day pill box also because sometimes I can't remember if I have taken them ::)
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline gcr.mty.mx

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 01:21:57 pm »
I refill my pillbox on sunday nights.
Alarm is set for every night at 11pm.
If I lie down in bed before that I keep the light on until I take the pills and then can fall asleep or keep reading or whatever.
If I got out, specially if I'm not sure when I'll be home I carry my dose with me.
Been on meds almost a year and have missed only one dose on like the sixth day.

Also, its happened a couple of times (last night) that I fall asleep watching tv on the couch. I woke up at 2am and took the pills at that time. As long as you try to keep on schedule most of the time, you should be fine missing the time now and then.

G

01/16 diagnosed
03/16 cd4 750 VL 150,000
03/16 truvada+ritonavir(norvir)+reyataz
06/16 cd4 -- VL UD!
09/16 truvada+ritonavir(norvir)+duranavir(prezista)
03/17 cd4 -- VL UD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.