Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:04:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 361
Total: 363

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Is here a risk?  (Read 8145 times)

Offline stalny

Is here a risk?
« on: October 05, 2007, 03:52:47 am »
Hi to all, support here is great...

I have some questions. The story goes like this: I was at the prostitute. I just watch her dancing striptease with underpants on, my underpants were off and I was masturbating myself. She didn't touched me, execpt she opened my trousers at the first. With left hand I was touching her tits while she was dancing in front of me, with right hand I masturbated. After minute or two I close my trousers and say, Ok, enough, it is not for me, goodbye. Without ejaculation.

My questions are:

1. I read there is no risk to get HIV by masturbation. But for mutual masturbation there are different sites with different infos, on one site I saw, that in contacting penis_hand you must wear glove to avoid HIV. In my case, I don't even know is that Mast or Mutual Mast? Did I did any mistake to not wear a glove or condom for what I did?

2. There are several risks explained for transmission of hiv (anal, vaginal, etc intercourse) - but i haven't seen any where if I was at risk for masturbating without condom in front of a prostitute? Shoul I have testing?

3. What makes me crazy is the explanation that HIV can be transmissed in any sexual acts. I know penis is subtle and there may be some way to transmiss?

My experience give me something good although - i realized that stuff is not for me. But now I am afraid of possible risk, i have some guilty too, and i think i have fever every day and diarea and these things...

I pray that this was just good school for me, to not visit any playce like that again. It is not for me anyway.

Thank you, god bless you,

stan
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 04:02:50 am by stalny »

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: Is here a risk?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 04:07:48 am »
Stan

The definition of Mutual Masturbation is:..Two people, either of the opposite sex or same sex, touching each others penis/vagina for pleasure and/or orgasm.

From what I just read you were the only one involved...please read the Welcome Thread and follow the lessons on How HIV is transmitted...this is definately a No Risk situation, you really do need to educate yourself, so please take some time and read the lessons here.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline stalny

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 04:12:24 am »
Thank you for quick and clear reply. I have read hundreds of infos and forums (thebody.com for example) and I know all that thing in my mind, but I think, I am a bit too much afraid and obsessed with scenarios to infect... Am I right?

Thanx again,

s

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 04:31:57 am »
Trust me Stan you are worrying yourself over nothing..so stop  now before your obsession gets out of hand..ok.

Don't forget to read the lesson they will help you understand how HIV is transmitted

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline stalny

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 09:09:04 am »
hi again..

so, is there really no chance to get infected by self-masturbation infront of prostitute? really no risk? should i have tested in 3-month mark?

because i can't sleep good, i have fears.. i also have some fever and sore-throat after 3 weeks of accident...

thanx again..

stan

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 09:32:45 am »
Infection does not happen either from mutual masturbation nor from self-masturbation. You can't give yourself something you don't have and HIV is not transmitted airborne.

Spend a few minutes reading our lesson on transmission. There's a link to it in the welcome thread which opens this section. The epidemic is going to be around for a longtime to come. No one who's sexually active can afford not knowing the basics about protecting oneself.

Andy Velez

Offline stalny

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 10:12:00 am »
thanx, dr. Andy and Anniebc, for responses...

I found this forum (and dr. Bob's on TheBody) one of the best HIV-related forums online...

I hope, dr. Andy and dr. Bob don't give false encouraging answers to us... :):):)  I know you don't, but sometimes, when i read answers, it seems, it is like really impossible to get HIV, the only "in-reality" case is unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse? Why the hell don't people then ALWAYS use condoms for those activities? :)

OK, in my case - testing isn't necessery, I presume?

And every sign of illness is then i think psychosomathic?

Again, thanx, Stan

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2007, 10:22:51 am »
Stan,

You didn't have a risk for hiv infection. As your symptoms could be anything (other than hiv), you need to see a doctor to discover whether or not your symptoms are psychosomatic. We cannot possibly diagnose you here. Only your doctor can do that.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline stalny

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 08:20:32 am »
ok, i was at doctor, he said it is just a chill, cold..
But today i read the article, where one of our doctors (EU) said, that hiv is possible to transmit via kissing, oral or any sexual activities. how is that possiblE? any opinions?
I promise not to repeadetly send same questions, but now i ask just for some opinion..
thank you
ps: that fact may change NO RISK opinion for my case? I hope not..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 08:43:19 am »
Stan,

As saliva is not infectious, kissing is not a risk for hiv infection. Getting a blowjob is also not a risk for the same reason. Even for giving a blowjob, it is more theoretical than anything that hiv can be transmitted in this way. If you'd read the Transmission Lesson (linked to in the Welcome Thread) like Andy asked you to, you would already know this.

The majority of hiv infections are transmitted through unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Use condoms and you will avoid hiv infection. Check out all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection in your lapdance experience. NO RISK.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline stalny

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 08:53:10 am »
Thank you, Ann... the last question: YOu said no risk with my lapdance experience - even if I masturbate in front of her for 2 or3 minutes?Because that is not the most common way to watch lapdance...):)

Thank you again, I am quite well informed about HIV, but when it turns on my case, i am a bit panic..
so - no risk - no test? last question..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 09:00:02 am »
Stan,

It doesn't matter who you masturbate in front of, masturbation is not a risk for hiv infection. Did you read the Transmission Lesson like you've been repeatedly asked to? Get reading.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stalny

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 06:12:50 am »
OK, I read once again the lessons and it seems logic that i was at no risk...

but - i forget to mention, that she touched my belly for 3 or 5 seconds while i was masturbating and maybe i was sitting on some fluids of the people who were on this place some minutes ago? Does this facts change NO RISK situation? That are my final questions... :)

thank you again.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 07:36:38 am »
No, it does not change your risk.

Offline stalny

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 07:42:54 am »
ok. thank you, i think it is time to close this thread. Thank you all!

Offline stalny

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 11:34:59 am »
OK, me again..

I have tested after 28 days.

EIA anti-hiv 1/2/0 and HIVp24ag: NON-REACTIVE (NEGATIVE i understand?)

Is this good sign or should i really close this story? In our country (European Union, Italy) they say that this ComboTest have even smaller diagnostic-window... is it OK after 28days in my case?

OK, my case is somehow strange, because there was really no sexual contact - i was masturbating for a minute with clean hands. And I touched her tits with other hand. OK - My new (hope last) concern is - should I really stop worry about HIV and - what about other STDs? I hope, you will have good things to say...

Thank you
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 05:10:02 pm by stalny »

Offline stalny

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 12:59:46 pm »
I really want opinion, thank you again..
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 05:10:33 pm by stalny »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 04:13:14 pm »
You're still allowing your anxiety to run away with you. What will it take for it to get through to you?

YOU WERE NOT AT RISK FOR TRANSMISSION OF HIV IN THIS INCIDENT! NO RISK!

You never needed to test about this. So your getting a negative result is no surprise. There's no need for further testing.

Are you listening?

NO RISK! This is not an HIV situation. Period. End of story.
Andy Velez

Offline stalny

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 04:26:52 pm »
Dr. Andy,

Your answer is really superb for me, you can see, I am a bit out of my mind (I did testing even if there was obvious no need for it)...

I really want to close this story. Probably no STD can't be transmissed in my case (I know you are HIV expert, but although???)

I promise to close this case. Probably the reason for my thinking is more moral than medicinical..

Again - probably no STDs in my case?

I really aprechiate your work and time for answering here, thank you

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 05:40:16 pm »
This is an HIV specific site so ordinarily we don't answer regarding other STDs.

However, I will just say that given what you described of this incident I don't see any way that transmission of any STDs could have happened.

Take a breath and get on with your life.

And for when you get around to having intercourse make sure you keep those latex condoms handy.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline stalny

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 06:22:14 pm »
thank you!!

OK, I will get on...

Thank you again, good luck!

Stan

« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 05:11:17 pm by stalny »

Offline stalny

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 11:30:59 am »
OK, I know I shouldn't ask this here, but in just one word - hepatitis is not to be worry in my case?

I apollogize, I know it is an HIV forum, but you're answers are great and i beg just for word or two..

thank you a lot!!

ps: is it possible that hiv is somehow mutating ang tests didn't recognize him?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 11:39:41 am by stalny »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 12:44:23 pm »
Stan,

You didn't have a risk for hiv. You didn't have a risk for hepatitis.

If you've read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you would have read the following:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stalny

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 09:18:38 am »
Thank you, Ann..

Then -  no STD testing recomended for me over this incident?

That is my last question, i promise, then I will go on with my life, like Andy said..

Thank you for your patience,

Stan

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 10:04:37 am »
Stan,

You didn't have a risk for ANYTHING.

You DO, however, have a very real risk of being given a time out. Don't even bother replying to my post. You didn't have a risk. If you can't put your anxiety away, then you need to see a counselor face-to-face. There is nothing more we can do for you here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline stalny

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 10:07:46 am »
Thank you!!! (sorry - now i see, you said no reply, sorry, real sorry, I will not posting anything in that thred EVER, i promise..)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.