Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:22:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37650
  • Latest: rovipa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773277
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 277
Total: 278

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Suggestion box  (Read 14078 times)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Suggestion box
« on: August 14, 2016, 11:49:49 am »
Suggestion box:

Forum suggestion/idea box. This suggestion box will be open as a sticky

• When posting a suggestion include the “why” and “how” the idea will be good for the forum
  • Respect each others ideas and if you have a better suggestion post it.
  • Suggestions will be discussed and reviewed keep in mind posting an idea does not mean or guarantee that it will be implemented or result in any change.
  • Any member flamebaiting or trolling will be handled under general posting guidelines
  • Technical problems should not be posted in this thread, they can instead be reported here: http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=41078.0
  • General posting guidelines and off topic rules apply to all posts:
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=277.0
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39702.0

Key note please read:
Moderator decisions are not up for debate here, neither will we engage in "Am I infected or prevention" discussions. Questioning a moderators decision in this thread will result in a warning and/or TO (ban) as deemed appropriate.In addition the post will be deleted from the thread at the discretion of the moderator.

We do not want to exclude people from in this thread or the forum for that matter but lets keep this one constructive.

I would like to remind everyone at this time to use the "Report to moderator" link rather than engage or respond to inappropriate behavior yourself. If you choose to send a moderator report, please know that the reports are strictly confidential and only seen by the moderators. If you wish to have feedback on any report you send, please say so in the report.

You also have the Ignore button, located below a member's name to the left of their posts, at your disposal. Silence often speaks much louder than words. If you choose to put someone on ignore, you can always un-ignore them later by going into your profile and taking them off the ignore list.

Jim.

(Edit removed original 7 day posting limit)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 07:53:04 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Re: Suggestion box
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 05:27:09 am »
Moving this one from a sticky to a normal thread again.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Basquo

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 09:47:32 pm »
I had not seen this thread until just now.

I wish it were easier to post pictures. That is probably the biggest reason I stopped posting. I like to share visuals more than explaining in words. And everyone was more engaged when we shared pictures.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 07:31:20 am »
Problem with pictures was the hosting it and slowing of loading times.
But I will look to see if i can find an easier direct link host for people, i use photobucket at the moment myself but its slow and not user friendly.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 07:44:04 am »
On the odd occasion I've posted an image, I've used this site

https://postimage.org

There's no sign-up, just upload a photo and copy the direct link to it which can be included in your post here.
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 07:52:26 am »
Its a good one, I added your post to the avatar/photo posting sticky as well.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Renee

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 01:42:39 pm »
Hello,

I have a SUGGESTION: A DATING Forum.

I am aware of the POZ Personals, but it would be nice to have an area where males and females can speak about dating.  Sometimes there is dating anxiety or just other emotions that may go along with trying to dating, looking for a mate, relationships, etc.  So, it would be great to have an area specifically about this.

Thanks,
-Renee

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 02:16:11 am »
Hi

So you mean a place to speak about the topic dating? Ill pass the comment on to the team. Personally I think we get quite a few posts in "living with HIV" on that subject from members going through dating as its a part of life.  You could also have a specific thread on the topic if you want to discuss it.

I am presuming you do not mean a forum area to "date" just to discuss the topic right?

Jim
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 03:39:32 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 12:36:01 pm »
Hi Renee,

Hope you are doing okay.

Thank you for the suggestion, so I put this to the team and we have discussed this and we feel dating as a topic, belongs in the "living with HIV" forum. Also the living with hiv section is open to all members regardless of gender. We could always review turning a topic into sticky at a later stage if it becomes a hot topic.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline 3DollarBill

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 03:09:25 pm »
I didn't notice this thread until today so figure I'll "re-post" a suggestion/question I asked in the general off-topic forums.  The questions is can the SMF "Ignore Boards" option be enabled here?

I'm too lazy to re-type everything so will just use the link to the original thread.

https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=66842.0

In thinking about it I guess such an option would increase the load on the server since each user's list display would be dynamically created.  That alone would make such a relatively unimportant feature undesirable.   
Puteo ergo sum

Offline beanstalk

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 10:11:29 am »
Any way of making the website mobile friendly? I know it's hard to code the website, but I think there is a plug in for SMF to allow Tapatalk compatibility. It would help a lot for visiting the site on mobile.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2018, 11:11:48 am »
Hiya

I moved your comment from technical issue thread to suggestion thread, as its not a technical issue but more a limitation.

I will forward the feedback on, however I would not get your hopes up on any app development or integration of the poz forums. Reason is its been looked into before and next to the programming requirements/costs there is not huge interest to have this done. Particularly given the forum works okay with Android Chrome browser

Jim
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 11:15:55 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.