Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:12:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 218
Total: 219

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: ARS or allergy?  (Read 13998 times)

Offline Ineedhelp

ARS or allergy?
« on: August 22, 2006, 03:55:11 pm »
Hi everyone!

I had sex with a prostitute. I used a condom, and we did vaginal intercourse two times. The first time I cam early and the second time I lasted about 5 minutes. During the second time I noticed that the girl came (ejaculated). I am afraid that her ejaculation may have came into contact with the end of the condom, and that do to the movement of the sex, the liquid may slightly travel up my penis. the reason  that i am worry about this is because when I took of the condom, there was some liquid, which does not seem to be the same one that came with the condom.

I took off the condom and wash my penis with warm water no soap.

Please help, I am worry sick.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 06:28:07 pm by Ineedhelp »

Offline RapidRod

Re: I had sex with a prostitute with condom ,really scare
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 04:06:54 pm »
No, risk. You had a condom on.

Offline Ineedhelp

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 04:11:01 pm »
Hi, Thank you for the quick reply. Let us suppose for a second that the vaginal fluid did slightly travel up my penis, am I a risk? The condom is Durex, it has a lube inside. The shaft of my penis does not appear to have any abrasion.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 04:20:34 pm »
We won't suppose. If the condom was correctly applied then there was no risk at all.

Offline Ineedhelp

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 04:28:25 pm »
RapidRod, Thank you so much for the help. I have another question. How do you know when a condom break? In my case there seem to be no breakage, but does the head of the penis pop out when the condom fail or will it be hard to notice?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 04:31:19 pm »
It rips apart. You'll know if it should happen.

Offline Ineedhelp

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 04:35:53 pm »
Thank you so much! The girl that I had sex with said she is disease and drug free. One more time do you think i am at any risk, and should i take and STD test?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 04:38:49 pm »
There are some stds that you can be infected by even with the use of a condom. So if you want to test for them go ahead, but HIV is not a concern or worry here.

Offline Ineedhelp

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 04:41:53 pm »
I don't mean to doubt your knowlege of the issue. It is possible that you can get some other people on the forum to comments. This would greatly help put me at ease. Once again from the bottom of my heart I thank you.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 04:45:48 pm »
I completely concur with Rod's assessment.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ineedhelp

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 05:05:44 pm »
CAn anyone else comment on my situation? Please give detail on why it is impossible for me to get Hiv.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 05:06:41 pm »
How about the Welcome Thread? It gives you details regarding how one gets HIV.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline Ineedhelp

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 06:19:54 pm »
Can anyone else comment? I just read through the welcoming section.
Please I need comments

Offline scared186

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 06:39:01 pm »
Ineedhelp,

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=2703.0

I had a similar situation.  Chick on the link above.  Another guy had also had a similar situation and posted his link in my thread.  check them out. 

Offline Ineedhelp

Question about water-based lubricated condom
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 07:28:55 pm »
I recently posted "I had sex with a prostitute, really scare" thread.

After I had sex with a prostitute, I took off the condom. It seems to me that the entire shaft of my penis is wet. The area of the shaft close to the pubic area is really wet and look like water, there was a small amount of foam forming. Is this  liquid be from the condom? My semen (notice that this is the second time I came)? or from the prostitute? The sex was about 5 minutes.

I need help sorting this out. Does anyone has any experience like this before?

Offline Ineedhelp

Re: Question about water-based lubricated condom
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 07:30:36 pm »
This is the second time I did this. I will never do this ever again. I hope I did not get any disease from the incident. I pray to God that i will never ever do this again.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 07:43:24 pm »
Ineed,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines.

Thank you for your cooperation.

You came inside the condom and now you're wondering why your penis was wet?

You didn't have a risk with protected intercourse. Condoms have been proven to be very effective when it comes to preventing hiv transmission.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ineedhelp

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 07:47:48 pm »
Thank You Ann

I Find all of your posting to be very informative.

Anyone out there who like to comment on this, I need all the assurance i can get.

Offline Ineedhelp

Re: I can't sleep please HELP! PLEASE I NEED SOME SUPPORT
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 03:52:05 am »
I Can't go the sleep what is wrong with me?
 I will never do sexually immoral things again!!!
Can some one give Support Please

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: I can't sleep please HELP! PLEASE I NEED SOME SUPPORT
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 07:17:16 am »
I will never do sexually immoral things again!!!

Ineed,

There's your problem right there. Guilt. You've bought into the whole idea that sex is bad for you, that it's sinful and immoral and you will be punished for having sexual relations. You won't. It's a myth. Sexuality is just a part of being a living, breathing, human being.

So you paid for sex, so what. The exchange of money (or food or shelter) for sex has been going on since the dawn of time and it's not going to go away any time soon. As long as you treated the sex worker with the respect due to ANY human being, as long as you did not hurt her physically or mentally and as long as you paid the asking price, you didn't do anything wrong. You just participated in a part of the human experience.

You DID use a condom and that is exactly the right thing you need to be doing to protect yourself against hiv infection - no matter who you are with, not just sex workers.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

While you do NOT need to test over this specific incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Dump the guilt and shame overboard right now. Keep using condoms for intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ineedhelp

Re: I am a Catholic, single, Slept with prostitute, Fear punishment.
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 03:42:47 pm »
I come from a very conservative family, and by conservative I am especially implying sexually conservative. I am also a Catholic, and i go to church very week. I fear God punishment and fear HIV. What should I do? should I do a confession? dumb all guilt.

Lastly, I don't know why I am still fearing HIV infection errr.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 03:52:35 pm »
Do what you have to do. HIV is not a punishment from god or anyone else. I'm sorry this forum can't help you deal with your quilt.

Offline ScienceGuy25

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006, 10:02:01 pm »
I come from a very conservative family, and by conservative I am especially implying sexually conservative. I am also a Catholic, and i go to church very week. I fear God punishment and fear HIV. What should I do? should I do a confession? dumb all guilt.

Lastly, I don't know why I am still fearing HIV infection errr.

I agree with the above posters - you absolutely didn't have a risk. Think about it, how does any sort of liquid get through an intact latex condom. 

HIV is not a punishment from anyone's God. You are certainly welcome to believe what you want regarding sex, but personally i don't believe sex is a sin (and yes i was raised a Catholic). You need to work through these mental issues in the best way you see fit - if that means Confession than confess.

Personally I've always found going out and doing some good helps me when i'm feeling bad about myself.  Perhaps you could volunteer with a Children's HIV Program - we have a great one at the hospital i work at. Spend some time playing with the kids - a great way to help you cope with your fear of HIV and do some real good for someone else.

Offline Sae

• Joined June 2005
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2006, 11:02:03 pm »
Ok, Catholic Guilt....*sigh*

HIV isn't a punishment for anyone.  Its a virus, it doesn't care who it infects or how, it simply wants to replicate.  God didn't create HIV to punish so many innocent people all over the world.  Everyone and anyone who gets HIV, is innocent.....get it?  God doesn't give you cancer for being 'bad' either.

God doesn't throw down punishment, even for Catholics.  That isn't what you were taught at Church, do not use guilt as a way of controlling your behavior or actions.  It simply doesn't work....which is why you are feeling like you are feeling right now.  Why do you do those things?  Because of sex drive.  Think of sex like a diet.  You diet, you deprive yourself, you lose weight you feel good you eat the whole damn chocolate cake one day when you lose it.  Why?  Because guilt and self denial don't motivate forever. 

Figure out what YOUR sexual boundaries are.  Not what God says or the Catholic church....YOU.  Then stick to it and you won't suffer anymore.  If you aren't comfortable with prostitutes, perhaps work on a monogamous relationship...if that doesn't work try masturbation...whatever it takes so you are comfortable with YOU and your sex drive....because the next thing you know, you've got chocolate cake all over your face and a sore stomach.

and...you don't have HIV.  This is my 10 cents of babble....your questions are answered here in your thread.

Sae
(Who lives happily in her boundaries....)
Meh.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2006, 11:05:38 pm »
mmm... cake.

Welcome Thread

Offline Ineedhelp

Re: ARS or allergy?
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2006, 06:37:14 pm »
Lately I have been doing very well. Exactly 2 weeks after my "low-risk" exposure, which was yesterday, i got stuffy noise. It hurts when i swallows. I don't think it is a sore throat, but the back of my nasal passage hurts. I did not notice a fever or swollen lymp nodes. Should I get tested at six weeks just to be sure? Is this ARS or allergy? I am really afraid and suspecting that my condom failed, since at the time I did not see any obvious condom failure; however, I did not extensively check for a condom failure. It is possible that the condom failed and I did not see it?

Once again I thank you for your help, and I will always remember your help and kind words.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2006, 06:42:08 pm »
Condom failure is a dramatic event. They're designed that way. They rupture in spectacular fashion. It has been said that when a condom breaks it looks like your doodle is wearing a hula skirt.

You get the idea?

MtD

Offline Ineedhelp

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2006, 05:39:27 am »
It is 2:30 am, i can't sleep. I have nasal congestion. I read on the internet that HIV may cause nasal congestion. I am sooo afraid. I need some support. I will go test at six weeks, but in the mean time I can't stop think about hiv. My mind start to wonder about hiv every second. At the moment i am think what i would do if I become HIv positive. I can't tell my family (dad and mom), they would worry to death before me. It is scary because I thought of killing myself if i test positive, there seems to be no other way. I am asian and it would devestate my parents if i am positive. I feel so stupid putting myself at risk. It is soooo bad, i can't stop worrying.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2006, 08:22:08 am »
Need,

You didn't put yourself at risk. You used a condom and condoms prevent hiv transmission and infection.

It sounds like you've simply got some post nasal drip - and post nasal drip is not caused by hiv infection. See your doctor is it continues to bother you.

You did not put yourself at risk of hiv invection, therefore you could not be hiv positive.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ineedhelp

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2006, 03:45:11 am »
Rapidrod

what are some of education, training, or personal experience that the advisor on this forum have?
I never judge the advice on here given by advisor like yourself to be unsound. I am just curious. I admire your guys so much, you guys are always on here dealing with people like myself yet you always have the patient to come back. I love you (multual love).

Oh yea i forgot, every time i see matty posting. that poster of his make me laugh even when i am scare of my situation.
That poster states "vicious Jackel bitches"  :D :D

How does that puppy on your poster look sooo much like a person? ???
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 03:49:05 am by Ineedhelp »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2006, 03:50:48 am »
You had protected sex. I don't see a reason for you to continue to lurk this forum. Keep using the condoms and you'll stay that way.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2006, 06:24:39 am »
need,

Many of us who answer questions in this forum are hiv positive. We HAVE to know the facts behind hiv transmission and infection so we can make sure we don't infect anyone else. Those of us who answer questions here have made it our business to read the scientific studies and gain a deeper understanding, so we can pass that information on to others.

Some people with hiv concentrate their efforts on making sure everyone with hiv has access to medicine. Others, such as those of us who answer questions here, have taken a different tack and concentrate on educating people so ultimately, we have fewer new infections in the world. It's all part of the effort to stop the hiv pandemic.

We practice what we preach too. We live hiv prevention every day. Some of us are in long-term relationships with people who are hiv negative and they stay hiv negative through the use of condoms.

Condoms have been proven, over and over again, to prevent hiv transmission. Use them every time you have anal or vaginal intercourse and you will remain hiv negative. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ineedhelp

possible risk?
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2007, 03:49:17 am »
I got a massage from a prostitute, no sex involved.

She used massage oil to rub my back. I do have many pimples that may be open to exposure. It is a possible risk considering that she may use the same oil bottle to give other men massage? >:(

what is my risk exactly?

I thank you for all your help.

P.S. i am always looking forward to reading Ann's blog for inspirations.

Offline Matty the Damned

Re: possible risk?
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2007, 04:02:06 am »
Need,

Please keep all your additional thoughts, questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us to follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

If you can't find you original thread click on the red link I've provided above. Alternatively you can click on the "show own posts" link in the left hand column of any forums page.

Your questions will not be answered until you return to your original thread.

MtD

Offline Ineedhelp

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2007, 04:06:49 am »
I posted here before due to another scenario that happened long ago roughly 1-2 years ago. I am sorry, but this a new development in my life.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2007, 04:15:34 am »
New development in your life or otherwise, you've gotta keep it in your original thread.

Click on the red link in my first post or take it elsewhere kid.

MtD

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2007, 05:57:04 am »
From now on please keep all your questions in this thread..this is the second time you have been told.

There was no risk involed whatsoever from this massage....you cannot get HIV from massage oil..you really need to read the Welcome Thread..and follow the HIV transmissions, and please read paragraph 1 in the "Posting quidelines..because you obviously didn't read it when Ann asked you too.

Jan
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 05:59:59 am by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2007, 08:26:00 am »
need,

I rejected the new account you applied for. Please realize that this kind of activity is disrespectful of other forum members, as well as our moderators. People spend a considerable amount of time helping others in these forums. Using multiple accounts is at the very least annoying, if not deceiving and disrespectful of others. It is also against our Terms of Membership which you agreed to when you became a member. This information is also contained within the Welcome Thread, which you should have read by now. So really, you have no excuse.

You are very close to being given a time out if you don't start abiding by our forum posting guidelines. Please consider yourself very sternly warned. If you attempt to create a new account again, you will be permanently banned, no questions asked and no more warnings issued.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.