Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:35:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 482
Total: 482

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just Diagnosed Vibrating feeling in stomach  (Read 5351 times)

Offline STL88

Just Diagnosed Vibrating feeling in stomach
« on: November 13, 2015, 04:35:07 pm »
Hello.  I was just diagnosed at the end of October.  I have an appointment to see a doctor and all that but could not get in until Early December.  The last few days I have felt like my stomach/chest were vibrating.  Did anyone else experience this?  Is it anxiety or a symptom of the HIV?  Should I be concerned or freaked out?  Is there anything I can do to make it go away?  Thank you for any help you are able to provide.
DX: October 28, 2015
10/31/15 CD4: 549; %: 17; VL: 560549
12/4/15 Started Atripla
1/5/16 CD4: 970; %: 33; VL: 78
1/31/16 Switched to Stribld due to side effects of Atripla
7/6/16 CD4: 868 %: 33 , VL: UND

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Just Diagnosed Vibrating feeling in stomach
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 04:41:23 pm »
Welcome to the forum . It sounds like anxiety to me but if it keeps up I would go see your doctor anyway . Bets of luck !
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline STL88

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 05:07:59 pm »
Welcome to the forum . It sounds like anxiety to me but if it keeps up I would go see your doctor anyway . Bets of luck !

Thanks Jeff.  any tips on relieving some of the anxiety?
12/4/15 Started Atripla

Offline sphinxcat

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 05:42:25 pm »
If your CD4 is still over 350 per cube mm then you will be OK. If lower than 200 you are easy to get infections either by various bacteria or by virus....in that case you may have fever or flu like symptoms....HIV/AIDS develops very slow, try schedule to see your doctor....it seems you don't have infections so don't worry too much...in the past poz people wait years until CD4 lower than 350 to start treatment....
2015OCT04 tested poz
2015OCT14 cd4 124, 12%, vl 162,000. Right ear Shingles, on Stribild.
2015NOV12 cd4 171, 16%, vl ud.

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 05:50:40 pm »

ojo       HELLO THERE, WELCOME...IT SEEMS TO ME, LIKE JEFF SAID TO YOU, IT MIGHT BE ANXIETY, IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO SEE A DOCTOR DO IT TO PLAY IT SAFE...21 YEARS LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS, NEVER HAD THAT PROBLEM

BREATHE AND EXPEL ALL THE AIR FROM YOUR LUNGS
INHALE COUNTING UNTIL FIVE
HOLD IT FOR SEVEN SECOND
AND EXHALE FOR EIGHT SECONDS
DO THIS SEVERAL TIMES UNTIL YOU FEEL SOME RELIEF...YOU CAN DO IT SEVERAL TIMES A DAY...i HOPE IT HELPS...KEEP US POSTED, NOW THAT YOU KNOW YOU ARE POSITIVE, NOW YOU TREAT IT BEING POSITIVE ABOUT IT, IT HAS WORKED (BEING POSITIVE) FOR ME FOR 21 YEARS, BEST OF LUCK...BIG HUG, EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE, YOU CAN COUNT ON US FOR SUPPORT AND CYBER HUGS                        OJO

Offline STL88

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 06:03:09 pm »

ojo       HELLO THERE, WELCOME...IT SEEMS TO ME, LIKE JEFF SAID TO YOU, IT MIGHT BE ANXIETY, IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO SEE A DOCTOR DO IT TO PLAY IT SAFE...21 YEARS LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS, NEVER HAD THAT PROBLEM

BREATHE AND EXPEL ALL THE AIR FROM YOUR LUNGS
INHALE COUNTING UNTIL FIVE
HOLD IT FOR SEVEN SECOND
AND EXHALE FOR EIGHT SECONDS
DO THIS SEVERAL TIMES UNTIL YOU FEEL SOME RELIEF...YOU CAN DO IT SEVERAL TIMES A DAY...i HOPE IT HELPS...KEEP US POSTED, NOW THAT YOU KNOW YOU ARE POSITIVE, NOW YOU TREAT IT BEING POSITIVE ABOUT IT, IT HAS WORKED (BEING POSITIVE) FOR ME FOR 21 YEARS, BEST OF LUCK...BIG HUG, EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE, YOU CAN COUNT ON US FOR SUPPORT AND CYBER HUGS                        OJO

Thanks Tonny!  I am trying to stay upbeat I have definitely done way too much reading all over the internet and put a ton of fears in my head, but this forum has helped a lot especially when I saw my first labs. CD4 549 CD4% 17 VL 560549, but reading through other peoples posts and numbers I truly think I will be fine especially since they took my labs while I was still dealing with flu like symptoms.   

I also just realized the stomach thing could be being caused by the Trazodone my doctor put me on to help me sleep since Melatonin alone was not working.  Since it is the weekend I may try and not take the Trazodone and see if that helps.

The only time I got super emotional was when I had to tell my family. Other than that I just try to keep reminding myself I will be okay, but of course when I haven't seen the doctor I consistently think worst case scenarios.  I truly am happy I found this forum to at least talk to others who can make me feel less crazy right now while I try to wrap my head around everything.
12/4/15 Started Atripla

Offline Miltonia15

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 06:41:26 pm »
Hey glad you found us on here. I have been recently diagnoised too and went through a wide rangevof emotions. I had a constant migraine on one side of my head for days. This was due to anxiety, things can be tough but you will be under medical care soon. Just get through the mental hurdle if things get worse yes get to the hospital.

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 07:54:31 pm »
Thanks Tonny!  I am trying to stay upbeat I have definitely done way too much reading all over the internet and put a ton of fears in my head, but this forum has helped a lot especially when I saw my first labs. CD4 549 CD4% 17 VL 560549, but reading through other peoples posts and numbers I truly think I will be fine especially since they took my labs while I was still dealing with flu like symptoms.   

I also just realized the stomach thing could be being caused by the Trazodone my doctor put me on to help me sleep since Melatonin alone was not working.  Since it is the weekend I may try and not take the Trazodone and see if that helps.

The only time I got super emotional was when I had to tell my family. Other than that I just try to keep reminding myself I will be okay, but of course when I haven't seen the doctor I consistently think worst case scenarios.  I truly am happy I found this forum to at least talk to others who can make me feel less crazy right now while I try to wrap my head around everything.

ojo     HELLO AGAIN STL88...i FORGOT PRECISLY TO TELL YOU TO STOP OVER READING, BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO UNDERSTAN "NI PAPA" (NOTHING), JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE DOCTOR AND TRY TO READ SOME OF THE LESSONS HERE SO YOU CAN MAKE A LIST OF THE QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE...i DIDN'T REAAD YOUR NUMBERS ON YOUR PREVIOS POST, BUT YOU HAVE GOOD NUMBERS, SO, NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT A THING, RIGHT NOW, TRUST ME...i'M GLAD YOU HAVE SOME SUPPORT FROM YOUR FAMILY, THAT HELPS A LOT, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TELL ANYONE ELSE UNTIL YOU FEEL LIKE DISCLOSING, YOU MUST CONCENTRATE IN DIGESTING YOUR DX AND JOIN US HERE FOR WHATEVER QUESTION YOU MAY HAVE, THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE DEALING WITH THE SAME SITUATION YOU ARE IN...WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORTE YOU, BUT GETTING TESTED FOR HIV, WAS THE BEST THING YOU HAVE DONE IN A LONG TIME, ...MAY I ASK YOU, WHY DID YOU GET TESTED, WERE YOU SICK?...ANYWAY, WELCOME AGAIN, IF YOU NEED TO PM ANYONE IN HERE TO CHAT PRIVATELY, YOU CAN DO IT TOO, BUT I GUESS YOU HAVE TO HAVE POSTED THREE OR FOUR DIFFERENTS POST, YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK THE MODERATOR, AND YES, YOU ARE GOING TO BE FINE, I HOPE AND YOU CAN SLEEP, IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH INSOMNIA, THAT MIGHT BE INCREASING YOUR ANXIETY ATTACK, TRY THOSE ECXERCISES, STOP READING ABOUT HIV AND TRY TO SLEEP BETTER...HUGS                OJO

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 08:45:40 pm »
Just remember you are going to be OK . Don’t be afraid to ask for help in dealing with this and always remember even after you lived with this virus for 30 years that your mental health is just as important in dealing with this virus as your cd4 count or viral load is.

If you do this you will be OK . I have had HIV for over 30 years and I am not special, if I can do this you can too.

Thanks Jeff.  any tips on relieving some of the anxiety?
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline samm2015

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2015, 08:46:06 pm »
Hi STL88,
I can relate with the anxiety you are going through. I was also diagnosed this October, Dx is hard, I remember when my doctor told me I was shaking with fear that my life is never going to be the same again. I read every result that pops up when you google HIV and related terms. I was shit scared by all the "surveys" and "statistics" and experiences of people with HIV.  But you would be surprised to know how different I feel about a month later. there are times when i completely forget about being positive. it did get better, i didnt expect it to be this soon, but it did.Having a support of your family helps a lot. I wouldnt have digested this news in a proper way if my family wasnt there to support me. I do have my doubt and fears because like you even I havent started on my treatment yet and like any other novice i am also scared of catching every stupid HIV related problems OI, flu etc. But if I have realized one thing from these amazing people on this forum is that its gonna be fine. I am not just saying that to reassure you but because of the care that is available for us today.

Tonny2, I simply love you. You have been amazingly supportive and positive all this time. I cant tell you how many times reading your posts have saved me from having an anxiety attack. Much Love. *long hugsssss*

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2015, 09:01:41 pm »

Tonny2, I simply love you. You have been amazingly supportive and positive all this time. I cant tell you how many times reading your posts have saved me from having an anxiety attack. Much Love. *long hugsssss*
[/quote]

ojo      Hi sam, you are so sweet, if you love me so much, let's get marrt, lol...I appreciate your kind words, but we are here to support each other, and I'm glad you are doing so too, it will help other and yoourself...and yes, I take your hugs because I need some, my best friend of 35 years, OMG, we are old, he is battling cancer and it seems to be terminal, so, I take all king of hugs...best off luck for you two, and both will be fine...hugs back to you                                                                   ojo

Offline STL88

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2015, 10:17:15 pm »
        ojo     HELLO AGAIN STL88...i FORGOT PRECISLY TO TELL YOU TO STOP OVER READING, BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO UNDERSTAN "NI PAPA" (NOTHING), JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE THE DOCTOR AND TRY TO READ SOME OF THE LESSONS HERE SO YOU CAN MAKE A LIST OF THE QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE...i DIDN'T REAAD YOUR NUMBERS ON YOUR PREVIOS POST, BUT YOU HAVE GOOD NUMBERS, SO, NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT A THING, RIGHT NOW, TRUST ME...i'M GLAD YOU HAVE SOME SUPPORT FROM YOUR FAMILY, THAT HELPS A LOT, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO TELL ANYONE ELSE UNTIL YOU FEEL LIKE DISCLOSING, YOU MUST CONCENTRATE IN DIGESTING YOUR DX AND JOIN US HERE FOR WHATEVER QUESTION YOU MAY HAVE, THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE DEALING WITH THE SAME SITUATION YOU ARE IN...WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORTE YOU, BUT GETTING TESTED FOR HIV, WAS THE BEST THING YOU HAVE DONE IN A LONG TIME, ...MAY I ASK YOU, WHY DID YOU GET TESTED, WERE YOU SICK?...ANYWAY, WELCOME AGAIN, IF YOU NEED TO PM ANYONE IN HERE TO CHAT PRIVATELY, YOU CAN DO IT TOO, BUT I GUESS YOU HAVE TO HAVE POSTED THREE OR FOUR DIFFERENTS POST, YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK THE MODERATOR, AND YES, YOU ARE GOING TO BE FINE, I HOPE AND YOU CAN SLEEP, IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH INSOMNIA, THAT MIGHT BE INCREASING YOUR ANXIETY ATTACK, TRY THOSE ECXERCISES, STOP READING ABOUT HIV AND TRY TO SLEEP BETTER...HUGS                OJO

Tonny,

I became sick with nausea, loss of appetite and a high fever.  I went to the hospital when my fever reached over 103 and I was dry heaving one morning.  They tested and I actually came back negative, but they could not figure out what the problem was.  A few days later I went to a doctor's appointment I already had set and actually spoke with my doctor about PreP.  However, when my fever rebounded my doctor decided I should go get blood work done again, and that is when I came back as positive.  They figure I have only been infected for a month due to the false negative at first.  So I was lucky that my body alerted me early so I can get on treatment.  I figure I may have screwed up by not being safe, but I have someone looking out for me to help me catch it before my immune system was seriously damaged.
12/4/15 Started Atripla

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2015, 11:01:33 pm »

OJO.     HI AGAIN, LIKE I TOLD YOU, BEST THING YOU HAVE DONE, GETTING TESTED...IM PROUD OF YOU FOR HAVING THE COURAGE TO DO IT, THANKS FOR THE INFO, SO, IF YOU ATE RECENTLY INFECTED, YOUR SOLDIERS (CD4), WILL REBOUND NICELY, YOU CAN SHARE SOME OF THEM WITH ME, LOL...GOOD LUCK, KEEP US POSTED...HOGS.                  Ojo
PS sorry for some misspellings but I'm using my cell and if you don't know it or samm15, I'm legally blind

Offline Denvaux

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2015, 04:54:57 am »
Hello.  I was just diagnosed at the end of October.  I have an appointment to see a doctor and all that but could not get in until Early December.  The last few days I have felt like my stomach/chest were vibrating.  Did anyone else experience this?  Is it anxiety or a symptom of the HIV?  Should I be concerned or freaked out?  Is there anything I can do to make it go away?  Thank you for any help you are able to provide.

My stomach and chest vibrate quite often STL88;  it tends to happen mostly when my work team are messing around at horse play instead of doing their allocated jobs and I have to step in to my supervisors persona..... it's definitely anxiety...... when newly diagnosed that's a normal reaction- you're gonna be alright.

Substituting your coffee or leaf tea for chamomile tea with honey is good to calm it down especially at night before bed
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 04:58:13 am by Denvaux »

Offline NY2011

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 01:35:07 am »
Hi STL88 - I had a similar experience.  I was sick with 104F and got a rash on my body. My eyes had become extremely sensitive to light, and my gums felt sore.  It was obvious that something wasn't right, so I went to the doctor right away.  The bloodwork was taken on the 19th day after infection and showed a negative antibody test but a viral load of over 500,000 (lab stopped counting at 500,000).  Needless to say, it wreaked havoc on my body; physically, emotionally, mentally.   I also had the buzzing in my stomach.  It was like a mild version of what it would be like to swallow an old vibrating pager from the 1990's.  It would last for about a minute, then pause briefly, then start again.
I started to consume probiotics and my stomach got better.  It also greatly improved my bathroom habits.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 01:39:04 am by NY2011 »
10/26/2011 - SEROCONVERSION (fever+rash, 104 degrees F)
10/31/2011 - CD4= 154  VL>500,000 
10/31/2011 - started on Truvada+Prezista+Norvir
12/14/2011 - CD4= 750 VL=6412 (45%)
01/27/2012 - switched to Atripla
04/23/2012 - CD4=1,221 VL= 140  (47%)
06/22/2012 - CD4=1,224 VL= ud    (49%)
12/18/2012 - CD4=1,031 VL= ud    (51%)
09/16/2013 - CD4=1,151 VL= ud   (49%)
03/26/2014 - CD4=1,050 VL= ud
11/25/2014 - CD4=1,335 VL= ud
12/01/2015 - CD4=1,115 VL= ud (55%)
11/22/2016 - CD4=1,071 VL= ud (52%)
06/01/2017 - CD4=1,014 VL= ud (53%)
switched to Biktarvy in 2018
04/23/2019 - CD4=1,072 VL= ud (52%)
01/15/2020 - CD4=  925  VL= ud (50%)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.