Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:41:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 497
Total: 498

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: It's "low risk" ? or "no risk" ?  (Read 14717 times)

Offline iamaturtle

• Standard
It's "low risk" ? or "no risk" ?
« on: May 26, 2011, 05:46:13 am »
Howdy, uh I'm a 20 years old male student, I just have a few questions please help me thanks.

I'm homo, a few days ago I met a stranger and we had a french kiss, then he did the blow job to me, but I had no oral sex to him, and then I cum in his mouth. Just a few weeks later, I had a heated kiss with another stranger, and keep a long time, nearly 10 minutes I think.

We were very hot during the kiss behavior, we kissed and licked neck and nipples each other, and he kissed my mouth but my lips still closed.

Then we hug, touch the body and rubbing, and finally we had a hand job together, I didn't help him, we just jacking off by self, but his hand has touched my genitals about few seconds, what I worried is if he has a little bit of prostatic fluid in his hand and touched my penis, am I will be infected? But it should only touch with my foreskin, because I was phimosis.

Subsequently, we ejaculated, and I am also very careful not to touch his semen, so we're not face to face, but facing the wall.

Then I went home to shower immediately.

If saliva can not transmit HIV, then is it represent that no matter how my body exposure it is just no risk? According to my situations above, should I going to do a test?

I've a little anxious and nervous.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 05:53:34 am by iamaturtle »

Offline RapidRod

Re: It's "low risk" ? or "no risk" ?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 07:58:16 am »
At no time did you ever have a risk of contracting HIV.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 08:07:23 am »
turtle,

Everything you describe is not low risk, it is NO RISK.

Kissing is not a risk for hiv infection and neither is getting a blowjob. Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

Mutual masturbation is also not a risk for hiv infection even if you get some of his cum on you or he gets cum on him.

Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies.

Once outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect.

Here's what you need to know in order to remain hiv negative:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER ANYTHING YOU BRING TO US TODAY, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline iamaturtle

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 11:10:06 pm »
Really??? But...if he has blood in his mouth or his mouth has a wound etc......
Is there any example to prove that HIV can be infected by oral sex or french kiss ?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 09:23:24 am »
Turtle,

Unless you're in the habit of repeatedly punching the person who is blowing you in the mouth before they blow you, there could not possibly be enough blood present to be a risk. You did not have a risk. Not one person has ever been infected through being blown and you will not be the first.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline iamaturtle

• Standard
Some questions about prostatic fluid and semen
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 09:27:58 am »
Does HIV can be transmitted by mutual masturbation ? Have any real case in the world now ?

Actually we didn't "mutual", but his hands had stroke my penis few times when we were jacking off together......

I just worried about "prostatic fluid", he must has some fluid in his hands, I think since semen or prostatic fluid can transmit HIV, so if my balanus touch his fluid I should have the probability be infected by that way, am I right?

And you say "NO RISK" is mean the probability be infected HIV is 0%?

I hope that is myself think too much......

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 09:40:05 am »
First of all I have merged your threads here. In the future please follow our rules and keep all of your entries in this same thread. Thanks for your cooperation.

As far as your current concern, you are worrying needlessly. Mutual masturbation including with pre-cum touching each other's penises in various ways and ditto for anus, are not risks for  HIV transmssion.

The only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. As long you as you consistently use condoms for those activities you will be well protected.

This time there is no cause for further concern on your part nor for testing for HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline iamaturtle

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 09:50:49 am »
Oh ok I'm sorry for against the rule.

So no matter getting blow job, kissing(with tongue), and mutual masturbation even he has seminal fluid in his hands are all no risk to be infected HIV?

So I don't need to do a test right? Sorry I just want to make sure precisely.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 09:54:07 am »
Turtle,

We recommend that anyone who is sexually active gets tested for hiv - and all the other, more easily transmitted STIs - at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs. As long as condoms are used for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

However, you do NOT need to test for hiv specifically over these NO RISK situations you have brought to us.

Even if the other person is hiv positive, kissing, getting a blowjob and mutual masturbation are NO RISK activities.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline iamaturtle

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 01:11:32 am »
Some STD is easiler transmit than HIV right? So, in my situation am I infected with other STD such like HPV etc. ?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 07:29:43 am »
Turtle,

We only deal with hiv in this forum. If you're worried about your sexual health, you'll have to go have a complete sexual health care check up. That's what responsible, sexually active adults do.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline iamaturtle

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 06:58:08 am »
Sorry, I just began to anxious again.

I know I should believe in what you said, but... when I think about to do HIV test I just be worried again and again.

And I have visited some websites that they said receiving oral sex and French kissing are also can be infected with HIV......

How can you be so sure that my situation CAN'T infected with HIV? Is there REALLY dosen't have any case in the world that someone be infected in that way? I think if some people didn't do any test after they receiving oral sex or kissing, and they got HIV in fact, so of course that there is no case be infected......

Oh how should I do? Waiting for three months is too long......

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 08:02:08 am »
Sorry, I just began to anxious again.

I know I should believe in what you said, but... when I think about to do HIV test I just be worried again and again.

And I have visited some websites that they said receiving oral sex and French kissing are also can be infected with HIV......

How can you be so sure that my situation CAN'T infected with HIV? Is there REALLY dosen't have any case in the world that someone be infected in that way? I think if some people didn't do any test after they receiving oral sex or kissing, and they got HIV in fact, so of course that there is no case be infected......

Oh how should I do? Waiting for three months is too long......

How should you do?

You should toughen up, princess.

You weren't at risk of contracting HIV. You don't need to be tested for HIV.

So stop wasting our time.

MtD

Offline iamaturtle

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 01:03:39 pm »
Now I know that mutual masturbation is no risk, but if he use his finger insert into my anus, and have precum on his finger, how about my risk?

I really want to put it all behind but after all, these things although exist only a risk theoretically, but it is still not impossible. Everyone can be the first to make history......

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 03:03:16 pm »
Turtle,

Fingering - or being fingered - is not a risk for hiv infection even if he did have cum or precum on his fingers. Re-read your entire thread.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline iamaturtle

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 11:19:59 pm »
so...even we hold our penis together to masturbating is no risk, too?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 11:54:15 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline iamaturtle

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 01:56:26 am »
I have a question is...

Since HIV can not survive once outside the body, but why stabbed by a needle can be infected?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 02:11:25 am »
I have a question is...

Since HIV can not survive once outside the body, but why stabbed by a needle can be infected?

It can't 

Sharing needles, which are hollow-bore and which can contain the viral particles in an anaerobic environment, can and does happen. Same in a healthcare setting, where a needle full of positive blood can be re-injected through needle-stick incident.

Outside of those narrow perameters, HIV can not be transmitted escept through penetrative and unprotected anal or vaginal sex.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline iamaturtle

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 03:47:59 am »
I've heard that someone who uncircumcised is much easier to infected HIV than a man that is circumcised?
Is that true? I'm uncircumcised and getting a blow job so I'm easier to get HIV?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 04:38:53 am »
You never had an exposure.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 07:17:37 am »
Turtle,

As we've already told you, not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect. Getting a blowjob is not a risk for hiv infection regardless of whether you're circumcised or not.

The inner side of the foreskin (the part that is hidden when the penis is flaccid and the foreskin covers the head) contains cells that hiv can infect. It only makes for an increased risk during unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline iamaturtle

• Standard
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 04:51:02 am »
I'm not don't believe you, but I just wonder why you can telling the conclusion so flatly when I surfing other website that they all said there is a low risk...

I always image that there have blood in his mouth...

I just want to say thank you because what you said truly made me feel better and better...but I can't stop myself from searching the web and I decide to do test after 3 months...

Maybe I'm think too much and much...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 04:54:29 am by iamaturtle »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2011, 08:32:27 am »
We're not interested in what you are picking up on other sites. Doubts and fears are not facts. We give you the real deal here.

If you continue to indulge in surfing the web I can guarantee you that you will find lots to feed your worst fears and all to no good purpose.

You are worrying needlessly.

Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2011, 09:31:51 am »
Turtle,

Unless you're in the habit of repeatedly punching a person in the mouth before they blow you, there could not possibly be enough blood present to cause any concern. I think I've already told you this.

If you cannot bring yourself to believe what we tell you and would rather listen to other sites who have outdated or just plain WRONG information, then go test, collect your negative result and move on with your life.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline iamaturtle

• Standard
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2011, 03:22:15 am »
GETTING A BLOW JOB and DEEP FRENCH KISSING which one can transmit HIV easily if he or she has blood in his or her mouth?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 07:32:30 am »
Turtle,

Do you even read the replies you are given? I already discussed blood in the mouth. TWICE. (replies #4 and #24) Re-read your entire thread until it sinks in.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline iamaturtle

• Standard
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 09:58:21 am »
Sorry I just anxious again because I had deep french kissing with two guys,
and I decide to do test...

But I have to wait for another 3 months again so I just...
I just feel I'm foolish.

I'm so sorry.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 10:55:21 am »
Turtle,

If you think you need to test because you kissed someone, then yes, you are foolish.

You have not had a risk and you do not need to test.

I could not give you the time out earlier (due to forum maintenance) but I'm doing it now. And by the way, as this is your second time out, it will be for 56 days.

Ann
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:02:57 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline iamaturtle

• Standard
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2011, 09:28:03 am »
I met up a guy and we had masturbation for each other.  And we had frottage (rubbing our penes together).

So since you say that is safe, does that mean even if his cum or pre-cum get in touch with my glans or urethra directly are still NO RISK?

And he cumming on my body, there's no cut or wound on the surface, but have some acne.

Am I infected? Any test required? Thanks for your response.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2011, 09:45:36 am »
Turtle,

None of your current worries are risks for hiv infection. You should know this stuff by now.

USE CONDOMS FOR ANAL OR VAGINAL INTERCOURSE, CORRECTLY AND CONSISTENTLY, AND YOU WILL AVOID HIV INFECTION. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE!!!

Please be warned that if you continue with these NO RISK situations, you will NOT be given another time out; you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline iamaturtle

• Standard
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2011, 08:44:27 pm »
I'm worries because his finger rub against on my urethra, so I think there must be some cum or pre-cum daubed on it......

Thank you for your patience and answers.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2011, 08:55:19 pm »
I urge you to educate yourself about HIV transmission and infection. You can start by reading the LESSONS section here. You can further your education by simply re-reading this thread, in which it has been explicitly sated that unprotected anal and vaginal sex are the ONLY things you need to be concerned about.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline iamaturtle

• Standard
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2011, 10:19:03 pm »
Is belly button can be a wound? A guy did ejaculation on my belly I'm worried the cum can permeate into my body through the navel...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2011, 11:04:08 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2011, 07:31:28 am »
Turtle,

You've been coming here long enough now to know that the only proven sexual risks for hiv transmission are unprotected anal intercourse and unprotected vaginal intercourse.

You've been repeatedly told that if you use condoms for either act, correctly and consistently, then you will be well protected against hiv transmission. Yes, it really is that simple. Condoms. Use them.

We don't seem to be getting through to you and I don't see how we can possibly do anything more for you. I suggest you seek out a mental health therapist/professional to help you with your hiv phobia. We cannot help you with that here.

I'm giving you that permanent ban you've been warned about. Good luck with the therapy.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.