Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:16:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 367
Total: 368

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Poll

Have you ever cheated on a partner?

Yes
20 (48.8%)
all the time
5 (12.2%)
once but regreted it
7 (17.1%)
Never
9 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: May 21, 2007, 01:47:08 am

Author Topic: Cheating  (Read 13415 times)

Offline jupiter

Cheating
« on: February 20, 2007, 12:47:08 am »
Hiya,
I know there have been some heated diiscussion on this topic and was wondering who has cheated on a partner?

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
Re: Cheating
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 12:49:01 am »
I have.  It was stupid.

Notice how I use the singular. 

It really should be plural. 

I apologized later after we broke up... all is forgiven and we have sex on occasion. 

But the relationship was over in my head first.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 01:17:34 am »

I lied then and I lied on the poll... I was taught you never admit!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 01:18:23 am »

I lied then and I lied on the poll... I was taught you never admit!

You tell yourself that lie until it becomes the truth to you.   ;D

I have so been there.

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 01:18:50 am »
I have been cheated on, and have cheated in several relationships. I have come to the conclusion that mankind (or at least this particular specimen thereof) is just not suited to monomagy.

My last relationship lasted nine years, and during the entire time I didn't step out once. But my then-partner did occasionally. Usually after three or four highballs the truth came spilling out, and I was left in the unenviable position of explaining that it was "all right". For whatever reason, nothing he ever did inspired any feelings of jealousy (contempt, on the other hand...).

I wrote about how I came to meet one of the five most exciting men I've ever met while involved with one of the five least, and published it [urlhttp://thespincycle.blogspot.com/2005/07/jd-guardian-angel-18-or-immaculate.htmll[/url] on The Spin Cycle. I've always felt it was one of the most honest things I've ever written (and, yes, it does have a small, smutty part.

Brent
(Who enjoys being single every now and then)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 01:26:37 am »
I have certainly cheated. Cheated like a mad dawg. And I have been honorable and honest, and cheated on.

I do believe in love. I am not so sure I believe in the Disney version of Happily Ever After, though.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 01:41:11 am »
I'm certainly no angel. I have cheated but only when I discovered that my partner cheated on me. I really don't see a point in cheating, if you are not satisfied with the person you are with then move on. Why try to have your cake and eat it too? That's just being greedy.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 02:31:48 am »

Queen...  I've never ever cheated..  I swear on my left pinky finger!!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 02:39:20 am »

Queen...  I've never ever cheated..  I swear on my left pinky finger!!

Now look me in the eye and say that.....*places T's pinky on a chopping board*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 01:59:47 pm »
<-- Star of "Man Whore The Movie" a stirring film about sex addiction and a bad marriage!  My sequel is "Devoted" a riveting film about commitment, true love and a crazy wild sex life.  Co-starring the SUPER hot Mrs. AC of course!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 02:07:54 pm »
I must be a real dinosaur! One man woman here. Never even considered it, no matter how miserable I was.
Oh well........ :-X
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2007, 03:20:07 pm »
<-- Star of "Man Whore The Movie" a stirring film about sex addiction and a bad marriage!  My sequel is "Devoted" a riveting film about commitment, true love and a crazy wild sex life.  Co-starring the SUPER hot Mrs. AC of course!

I'm the star of "Ten Billion Served" a gripping film about a male streetwalker with a heart of gold.

The sequel is "A Trip to the Free Clinic."

Offline Teresa

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 03:32:04 pm »
I must be a real dinosaur! One man woman here. Never even considered it, no matter how miserable I was.
Oh well........ :-X

I am a dinosauri with ya Lisa.   :)

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline RevMC

• It's me!
    • Psychic AwakeningSchool.com
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 05:39:14 pm »
I must be a strange one then, if I was "dating" someone I'd go with other guys if we weren't monogamous.

I did cheat one time on Louie, very early in our relationship, with his best friend, no one knows about it other than that guy and I.  I never told Louie and he never told his partner either.

Instead of cheating, we opened up the relationship instead, played together only at first then seperately if we both agreed to it later on in the relationship.  When Louie got sick almost 4 years ago, he wanted to close the relationship, he was afraid I would meet someone and leave him.

So we closed the relationship and I haven't had sex with another man in almost 4 years.  We haven't talked about re-opening up the relationship so I can feel the touch of another man and I do not want to bring it up.  I don't want to upset him

Yes I look and Yes I flirt but the guilt would just bother the hell out of me.  I do have one hell of a video collection that's getting a bit worn out  <EG>

Part of my story: "Sale Of A Lifetime" POZ December 2003
https://www.poz.com/article/Sale-of-a-Lifetime-752-6797

Started on Truvada and Viramune on 2/15/07

Jan 8, 2007   t-cells 215  Viral Load 10,000  24%
March 26'th  T-cells 306   Viral Load  UNDETECTABLE
June 2007 t-cells 375 Viral Load UNDETECTABLE
August 2007 t-cells 290 Viral Load UNDETECTABLE

Love and Light and Reiki sent your way,
Rev. Michae

Offline jupiter

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 07:39:39 pm »
Ok well Im a single guy, and thats largly by choise. When i have been in relationships its been because Ive wanted to be in a relationsghip with that person. If its not working and cant be worked out then I have left the relationship. Im guessing cheating comes out of being unhappy in a relationship.  So these days Im much more selective with whom I get involved. Therefore I dont belive in Cheating

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 08:34:42 pm »
Matty the Damned is always suspicious of people who believe in monogamy. In his experience those who claim to be monogamous are filthy and despicable liars. I meet monogamous people at public toilets and Australias finer truckstops all the time.

Take Ted Haggard, for instance. I believe he was pretty keen on monogamy - at least he said so from his rhinestone studded pulpit. What a shame his wife didn't realise that she was in a gay marriage.

I don't even try to do monogamy. I'm a hopeless slut. Just about anyone who expresses even the slightest sexual interest in me is likely to go for a ride on the Good Ship Matty. I think that the most important thing is not who you fuck, but who you go home to.

For those of you who go home to cats -- for shame!

MtD

Offline RevMC

• It's me!
    • Psychic AwakeningSchool.com
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 08:39:39 pm »
Good One!!!   ;D
Part of my story: "Sale Of A Lifetime" POZ December 2003
https://www.poz.com/article/Sale-of-a-Lifetime-752-6797

Started on Truvada and Viramune on 2/15/07

Jan 8, 2007   t-cells 215  Viral Load 10,000  24%
March 26'th  T-cells 306   Viral Load  UNDETECTABLE
June 2007 t-cells 375 Viral Load UNDETECTABLE
August 2007 t-cells 290 Viral Load UNDETECTABLE

Love and Light and Reiki sent your way,
Rev. Michae

Offline mjmel

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 08:59:59 pm »
Never cheated. Not once.

Offline EBmemphis

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 01:45:10 am »
hell yes I have cheated......but not on my husband of 3 years.......I am way to happy and lucky to have such a cutie to cheat...... :D

Offline Bucko

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007, 02:05:14 am »
Matty the Damned is always suspicious of people who believe in monogamy. In his experience those who claim to be monogamous are filthy and despicable liars. I meet monogamous people at public toilets and Australias finer truckstops all the time.

Take Ted Haggard, for instance. I believe he was pretty keen on monogamy - at least he said so from his rhinestone studded pulpit. What a shame his wife didn't realise that she was in a gay marriage.

I don't even try to do monogamy. I'm a hopeless slut. Just about anyone who expresses even the slightest sexual interest in me is likely to go for a ride on the Good Ship Matty. I think that the most important thing is not who you fuck, but who you go home to.

For those of you who go home to cats -- for shame!

MtD

That's reason #24,357 why I love you most, doll.

Brent
(Who really does love MtD most of all)

Offline jupiter

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2007, 03:41:05 am »

Well its fine to be hionest about it... But I choose not to lie. as i said if im in a relation its because Ive CHOSEN to be with that person...  why is it hard for people just to be honest... Its much easier..

Offline jupiter

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2007, 03:42:47 am »
no offence to anyone but..... how can you say u "LOVE" someone and lie to them??? I cant understand that

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2007, 03:52:41 am »
as i said if im in a relation its because Ive CHOSEN to be with that person...  why is it hard for people just to be honest... Its much easier.

My only answer to that is, it takes maturity and selflessness to be in healthy, sound relationships, intimate or otherwise. Some people just haven’t learned the required skills to make that work.

no offence to anyone but..... how can you say u "LOVE" someone and lie to them??? I cant understand that

It's simple. Selfish people are not usually honest, mainly with themselves first.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline mjmel

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2007, 04:01:39 am »
jupiter,
to screwup is part of being human. we all make mistakes and then forgive or are forgiven.......then it's move over or move on.

Offline Bucko

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2007, 04:13:03 am »

It's simple. Selfish people are not usually honest, mainly with themselves first.

Daniel

You know, when I rather single-handedly "opened" the relationship back in the dim days of the early 80s (as I linked in my earlier post), it was with the understanding that I'd keep what was right (security, stability, family) with my ill-chosen partner (who arrived at a moment of personal crisis) and explore what was needed (sexual intimacy of the sort he was incapable of providing). In the short run, I lost both, although the object of my desire and I continued to see each other throughout the tangle of relationships we entered into throughout the decade. It was HIV (or AIDS, most specifically) that slowed us down each to focus on each other, but by then he was lost and all I could do was hold him close, remembering the randy guy he once was.

If I was selfish, it was in putting my security before the unknown possibilities of a future with someone embedded into the lifestyle of drugs and prostitution and threw away the biggest passion of my twenties when I rejected him. But I was able to help him see, if only in his last few months, that he was worthy of the depth of affection that I was capable of offering.

You know, nothing's so black and white with twenty-five year's hindsight.

Brent
(Qui ne regrette rien de rien)

/edited for clarity/

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2007, 04:51:57 am »
I try to live and let others live their own lives and make their own choices, regardless of what I think and feel. Anything else seems undignified to me.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline jupiter

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2007, 05:09:33 am »
jupiter,
to screwup is part of being human. we all make mistakes and then forgive or are forgiven.......then it's move over or move on.

There are at least 6 steps to cheating.. After step one is where it can stop.  Besides if the trust is gone whats left??

skebo "  I was taught you never admit! and telling yourself a lie untill its truth"  then you just lying to yourself.. you cant build any sort of relationship on that.. its pathetic!!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 05:16:25 am by jupiter »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2007, 05:17:10 am »
Well its fine to be hionest about it... But I choose not to lie. as i said if im in a relation its because Ive CHOSEN to be with that person...  why is it hard for people just to be honest... Its much easier..

So I'm betting you're single, eh jupiter? ;)

MtD
(Who loves the Buckled One in ways that cannot be explained)

Offline jupiter

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2007, 05:21:57 am »
is it bad to be single matty?
Being in a relationship isnt the most important thing in the world.. :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 05:23:48 am by jupiter »

Offline Bucko

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2007, 05:24:14 am »
Not when he has me as an ideal.

Brent
(Who knows that MtD knows)

Offline jupiter

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2007, 05:27:11 am »
 :-\
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 05:31:37 am by jupiter »

Offline ryeguy

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2007, 05:29:33 am »
ook I am starting to feel a bit old and conservative in a kind f creepy churchy bible -belt way.

Yuck. ::)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2007, 05:34:56 am »
would you two get a room!! hahahaha

Poor Jupiter!

Matty the Damned and Bucko are eternal lovers from the Old Days of the Forums. We understand that a union of two hearts is not based on such a flimsy thing as monogamy. Nor do we have to concern ourselves with lying. We have nothing to hide from one another.

So yeah, I reckon being single would be a bad thing. But then I'll leave being single up to you Jupe. :-*

MtD
(Who knows that Buckles knows that MtD knows that Buckles knows)

Offline Bucko

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2007, 05:41:43 am »
Matty and I are conjoined at the soul, which I know he has despite protestations to the contrary. Eventually the flesh will catch up.

Brent
(Who waxes philosophic sometimes)

Offline jupiter

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2007, 05:49:11 am »

Poor Jupiter!

Matty the Damned and Bucko are eternal lovers from the Old Days of the Forums. We understand that a union of two hearts is not based on such a flimsy thing as monogamy. Nor do we have to concern ourselves with lying. We have nothing to hide from one another.

So yeah, I reckon being single would be a bad thing. But then I'll leave being single up to you Jupe. :-*

MtD
(Who knows that Buckles knows that MtD knows that Buckles knows)

Poor thing nothing.. I didnt say i was single or otherwise. thank you MtD :)  and why would it be such a bad thing to be single????I guess its an independence thing..  If i was in a relationship I have my life sorted enough to be able to have a one on one relation. the lying thing was in responce to another post.   If i waere in a relationship I have my shit together enough to beable to be honest and not have to cheat
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 05:51:13 am by jupiter »

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2007, 12:10:33 pm »
Matty and I are conjoined at the soul, which I know he has despite protestations to the contrary. Eventually the flesh will catch up.

Brent
(Who waxes philosophic sometimes)

Is Satan aware of this merger?  Im sure he would have something to say about the possibility of this monopoly of evil taking place.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Bucko

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2007, 02:25:38 pm »
Matty and Satan have a regular Thursday evening card thing going on, so yeah...he knows.

But he prefers to be called Lucifer, Satan's way too formal. When he and his partner, Shemihazah (a real cut-up and fabulous dresser) are in town, I get invites for cocktails.

Brent
(Who uses his powers as he sees fit)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2007, 03:33:44 pm »

I think I now know who God is!!! ;D ;D  It's DanielMark for sure, because he is absolutely perfect ;)!!  Matty, you should have known this is why Canada exists :-*.

This also answers why the Sister Mary cries blood in Mexico...   :D

Offline dulmer

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2007, 06:51:28 pm »
I'm hetrosexual so maybe my opinion doesn't count here but I believe there are some people that just aren't cute out to be monogamous.  In my opinion, if you realize that before going into a relationship you might can have a sucessful relationship.  All in all, I believe lying is the absolute worst thing you can do to a relationship.  It destroys trust and respect.

Offline dtwpuck

• дано мне тело, что мне делать с ним?
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2007, 06:57:49 pm »
Dulmer... your heterosexuality doesn't mean your opinion isn't valid.   Gay people do not have a monopoly on so-called open relationships, and heteros don't have one on monogamy.     I think the primary difference is that most (not all) heteros assume their relationship to be monogamous.  Gays frequently (not always) have to have that discussion and make it clear whether they are or not.    And, I'd have to agree with you... that no matter what to gender mix of the couple is... honesty is paramount.
Floating through the void in the caress of two giant pink lobsters named Esmerelda and Keith.

Offline Peter6836

• Me and my Granddaughter Noa
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2007, 07:10:31 pm »
I was married to a woman for nineteen years and never cheated. When i felt that I could not continue and found myself having the desire to cheat I got out of the relationship. I never cheated on anyone. Not that it makes me better than anyone else, that is for sure.

Offline dulmer

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2007, 10:26:28 pm »
Dulmer... your heterosexuality doesn't mean your opinion isn't valid.   Gay people do not have a monopoly on so-called open relationships, and heteros don't have one on monogamy.     I think the primary difference is that most (not all) heteros assume their relationship to be monogamous.  Gays frequently (not always) have to have that discussion and make it clear whether they are or not.    And, I'd have to agree with you... that no matter what to gender mix of the couple is... honesty is paramount.

Thanks for saying that.  I don't like to overstep my bounds and bud in on things.  I did not mean to imply that heterosexuals were the only monogamous ones or vice versa.  I'm currently in an open relationship.  I was just thinking back over past relationships I have had as a heterosexual and was thinking that some people just don't have the ability to stay with one person.  For whatever reason.  And our society tells us, that for heterosexuals, that's the only "normal" relationship to have.  So some people enter into monogamous relationships and cheat anyway.  And it's always the lying and untruths that do you in.  More so than the cheating I think.

Offline David_CA

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2007, 11:54:01 pm »
Play around with others?  Sure.  Cheat on my husband?  There's no reason to.  Get 'permission' and it's not cheating.  Sex with the same person for the rest of my life (or the next couple years, whichever comes first) just sounds dull and close to impossible.

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2007, 03:25:11 am »
Twice in my life.

The first time I was very unhappy in a relationship with a guy who turned out to be very mean. I cheated on him with the guy who turned out to be my best love so far. Not together anymore but still no regrets there.

The second time I was in a very bad place mentally/emotionally and did it - my first one night stand - almost to prove that I could. Totally regretted that one. In fact, so much so I burst into tears halfway through and asked the guy to stop, which thankfully he did.

My belief is cheating is a sign that something isn't right in a relationship. One of the fundementals of a healthy relationship is honesty. Another is respect. If you aint got those, you aint got much.

Melia
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline dulmer

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2007, 01:37:23 pm »
My belief is cheating is a sign that something isn't right in a relationship. One of the fundementals of a healthy relationship is honesty. Another is respect. If you aint got those, you aint got much.

Melia

Bravo.  I agree wholeheartedly.  I think honesty and respect are the foundation of any relationship.  Open relationships fall under different catergories because usually it is discussed completely before entering into.  And if that's the case it's not cheating. 

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2007, 04:55:21 am »
Bravo.  I agree wholeheartedly.  I think honesty and respect are the foundation of any relationship.  Open relationships fall under different catergories because usually it is discussed completely before entering into.  And if that's the case it's not cheating. 

Thank you (for the bravo) dulmer. ;)
And I totally agree that open relationships are a whole other ball game. Couldn't partake myself but each to their own.

Melia :)
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2007, 05:14:23 am »
No disrespect but this thread seems like deja vu...Or it could be the buzzzzzz...I guess I'm just selfish cause I don't like everyone having what I'm having.. ;)....Maybe that's why I'm still single and up at 5am...*sighs*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline jupiter

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2007, 05:54:16 am »
Further to what Ive said previously.. If im in a relationship and im not happy and its not going anywhere... I leave the relationship. therefore there is no reason to cheat

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.