Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 22, 2024, 08:04:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773263
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 185
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 94
Total: 94

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Low fee doctors in GA that do Sculptra?  (Read 10792 times)

Offline burstnbloom

Low fee doctors in GA that do Sculptra?
« on: August 08, 2007, 04:10:19 pm »
i was approved to recieve free sculptra from the company..now i am trying to find doctors that will do the injections at a low price or even free...i live in Georgia close to Atlanta, so any information would be great. My friends were using Dr. Jarman in Atlanta but he has raised his fees to 500.00 per session and i cannot afford that at this time. thanks for reading !
burstnbloom

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Re: Low fee doctors in GA that do Sculptra?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 09:11:25 am »
I know doctors charge $500 a session to inject Sculptra but I think that is too much. We aren't desperate housewives trying to look younger, we are people with a serious medical condition and insurance should be paying for this. Many people who need this treatment aren't working and are on a fixed income. I doesn't that that long to inject Sculptra and you would think that some doctors would give us a break on the price.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 09:25:01 am »
i'm confused.  (so what's new?) 

if you are "approved to receive free Sculptra", what's the price concern?  are you saying you have the stuff- you just need the doc to do the injections?  wow-  i wouldn't think it would be $500 if you were BYOS.  Jarman is the first name that came to mind for me also.  he's charging that much even if you can bring your own??  i would have thought that price included the cost of the stuff.  shows what i know.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 09:41:20 am »
$500 per session is about average to have a doctor inject Sculptra even if Dermik is giving you the product at no cost. It can take 6 treatments for good results. Sculptra is suppose to last "up to two years" according to Dermik. Over the long haul this can get really expensive, even if you get the product for free.

Offline mjmel

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 04:31:11 pm »
The doctor is delivering the stuff to the right spot/correct layer of the skin. After the facial skin is cleansed with an iodine solution the product is injected underneath the skin. A bit of stinging/pinching as the stuff spreads beneath. A stray tear or two for those sensitive to discomfort. Then it's done. Finished. Afterwards, you hold an ice pack to face for 20 mins. to curtail swelling.
A doctor who knows what he/she is doing--from 30 mins to an hour of work...........but could take up to 2 hrs for an inexperience person.
$500 every year is not a bad investment for those kinds of returns. Ask pozniceguy.  Holding an accountant degree, I do have an awareness for overhead and hidden costs factors--plus--factor in expensive insurance costs (protection against lawsuits).
Also,consider the potential money saved from not consuming alcohol in bars or even a nicotine habit.......somehow even those who struggle to pay bills each month manage to get their tobacco and beer each week of each and every year for those indulgences.
Mike
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 04:49:56 pm by mjmel »

Offline burstnbloom

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 06:01:50 pm »
well i guess 500 is gonna be the norm now that Sculptra has gotten so popular. I believe insurance should cover it but we know how that goes.  Thank you gsogymrat for your knowledgable information. I believe I will need about 3 treatments so I guess i better start saying up 1500 buckaroos.  Keep on Living Guys. thank you
burstnbloom

Offline MitchMiller

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 10:24:27 pm »
You can try contacting Dr. L. Jack Cheng at Tuxedo Aesthetic Surgery Center, 3833 Roswell Rd., #116
404-812-0211
I had a single treatment and that was good enough... 15 months and it's only shrunken just a bit.  Another dermatologist that did juvederm claims retinA can help maintain collagen so he recommends using it as much as you can tolerate, especially if you've had Sculptra.

Offline poznva

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 12:00:25 am »
Hey Buddy. I'm in the exact same position you are in except I live in Washington DC and they want $600.00 per injection here. Do you have anymore additional information about this or any other resonably priced places or clinics that would help us?

Offline SteveA

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 03:18:16 pm »
Is this about that new Lipo dissolve treatment you see ad's about on TV all the time? I went to one of those clinics and they wouldn't treat me because all my Lipodistrophy is underneath the muscles around my midriff section not under the skin. That and they said they don't treat HIV+ people anyway. It's all fat around my organs. I don't have hardly any fat between my skin and my muscles in the stomach area at all.

EDIT: Never mind. I see it's not the same thing now that I've read some more posts in this forum.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 03:22:39 pm by SteveA »

Offline burstnbloom

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 11:13:52 am »
I have had no luck finding a doctor that will do the injections for less than 500 bucks. What is sad is several people I know that had this done last year got the injections for about 200 each time...then doctors realized how much money than can make so guess what ...we have to pay 500 to 1500 dollars per session now.  Just seems typical of the medical profession to do this.   Well, i vented enough on that subject.  Thanks for any information you guys have posted, it is much appreciated.  If anyone finds a low cost expierenced doctor to do the injections...please post! thanks again.
burstnbloom

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.