Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:27:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 470
Total: 472

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just for giggles  (Read 4566 times)

Offline ThisSplendiDay

Just for giggles
« on: July 11, 2011, 12:36:01 am »
Whenever someone asks what the secret to my longeveity is, I can only come up with two answers. One is that I always have something I am looking forward to, a reason to be here tomorrow. The other is that I laugh easily and often. Lately I have combined the two and have come up with a new web series from here in New Orleans

follow the link below to The Real Housewives of the 9th Ward

http://youtu.be/cIa04EabNoU

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Just for giggles
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 10:05:40 am »
That Barbie doll of yours sure gets a workout! Do you keep re-using the same one or do you have a collection? Love your sense of humour. Totally off-the-wall - and I like off-the-wall.

Just wondering - did/do you watch the telly series Treme? Is it true-to-life? Do you think it's a fair representation of events following Katrina?
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 10:14:06 am »
That is a very fun collection of video , thanks for sharing and welcome to the forums . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 10:20:43 am »
I'm waiting to see the next in the "Barbie In distress" series.

Oh...and welcome!

-Tim
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 11:58:34 am »
Hey, there's more!!! Google swampchild.com and there are blog bits to delight!

Suggestion? Next time, get the microphone slightly closer cuz we don'ts wants to miss nuttin' you gots to shares.  

Luv the topless, topped out, top hat!

meant to include: http://blog.swampchild.com/2011/05.aspx

Splendid -- what was Arm Flail and why did you remove it?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 12:00:57 pm by emeraldize »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 02:47:42 pm »
funny
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 05:47:02 pm by Dachshund »

Offline ds4146

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 09:38:29 pm »
Clearly I am getting very old....but one, I could not hear what "she" had to say and two, should this be in "Off Topic". Now I just want to state once again I could not hear, or understand what she was really saying....so just saying.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 11:25:13 pm »
The OP states "Whenever someone asks what the secret to my longeveity is," as the reason the thread is in Living with.

Since Laughter is still considered good medicine, seems a good place to put it.

Yep, it's hard to hear. Have you jacked up the volume as high as your speakers will go?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 06:25:16 am »
Yep, it's hard to hear. Have you jacked up the volume as high as your speakers will go?

I had to pick up my netbook and hold the speaker to my ear. The cats were sitting there looking at each other as if to say - "she's lost it, again" ::) ;D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.