Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:29:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773516
  • Total Topics: 66380
  • Online Today: 240
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 219
Total: 219

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: DID YOU GET THE COVID-19 VACCINE AND HAVE A REACTION OR NOT?  (Read 2989 times)

Offline gafry53

DO you think our Big Drug Companies are charging the USA HIV people a much higher cost than other Countries? Why can you get HIV Drugs from Canada at a much lower cost. Why is this our the Politicians payed off by the Drug Companies??

Offline gafry53

Re: DID YOU GET THE COVID-19 VACCINE AND HAVE A REACTION OR NOT?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 09:41:03 am »
I would like to know if any IV people on Medication took the COVID-19 Vaccine and had a reaction ??  What Vaccine Pfizer, J&J, Mondera and any reaction??

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 10:12:38 am »
@gafry53

You had been warned plenty already so as warned 30-day ban for the continued (pro-plague) anti-vax and conspiracy nonsense. Next time it will be a 90-day ban, 180 days after that and then a permanent ban.

https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=75065.50

@gafry53

Stop it! If you come back with more of the same on vaccines it will lead to a time out from the forum. (Ban)

If you don't want to be vaccinated that's up to you.

Questions:

I was wondering if anyone who has taken the covid-19 vaccine and is on HIV medications had an effects?? Wonder what the long term effect on our immune system will be ??

If you had the covid-19 vaccine please let us know if you had any reactions or problems. We are already taking drugs to control our HIV now more to control possible covid-19. Give us your feed back if it effected your HIV or if you had a bad reaction.

Has anyone got the vaccine who is undetectable and did you have any reactions and what kind ?? I am undetectable  taking Atripla and waiting to see what this experiment vaccine does to your immune system before taking any vaccine.

I know your working for the drug companies.
So your answer is taken with a grain of salt.

So called NEWS don't tell you over 1500 died and 30,000 plus had side effects form the vaccine. They also don't tell you that Doctors are not sure of the long term effect it has on your immune system? I am waiting a long time to take this for a virus that had a 99% survival rate. This Country is full of people afraid because they are not informed and don't want to be.

Answers:

Not sure what you mean with experiment

Anyhow, plenty of people have had the vaccine including forum members.

ojo.      Vvv v.   Hello everybody... I think I read someone saying that he/she is not taking the vaccine because doctors don’t know what the long time effects are, we are taking art and we don’t know what’s going to happen in the future, but, we know what happens in the present if we don’t take antiretroviral meds, DEATH, so, I will worry in the future if my pp gets bigger because having gotten the Covid vaccine... just a thought, but the way, I got my first MODERNA shot next one, April 8th...hugs

Ugh, please stop posting bullshit.  Had enough of your nonsense, consider yourself warned.

if you read through this thread is full of people who are UD and have little to no reactions to the vaccine.

It's not that much of an "experimental" vaccinehttps://https://www.thebodypro.com/article/mrna-vaccine-covid-19-hiv
www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

You might not want to be to dismissive of mrna vaccines as they might end up curing HIV
https://www.thebodypro.com/article/mrna-vaccine-covid-19-hiv

as to worrying about this vaccine, I would suggest that instead you consider changing from Atripla to something more effective with less side effects. That drug is no longer prescribed as a front line medication because other much better (more effective, less side effects) meds have been on the market for a decade of more.
your answer was a little rude and dismissive although Jim's answer said nothing tainted by the drug companies. MRNA meds aren't really experimental and plenty of people, including forum members (like me!) have had this vaccine.

If you're an antivaxxer there's not much any of us can say to change your mind.

your math skills are atrocious.

You can't look at the quantity because every year there are more people on earth and more of everything happening. The population is larger every year. Usually more people vote every time. More diseases are happening to all those larger populations. Etc. So to understand the impact of something you have to consider the percentage. For example, aspirin kills 9000 people a year! Sounds terrible doesn't it?! but out of billions of doses per year to an ever increasing patient base that 9k doesn't even equate to 1% of the population.

So far over 100 million doses have been given out in America alone and the percentage of death is only 0.0018%
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

Also that 99% survival rate you are touting, that's only good for people who don't have additional comorbidities, who are younger than 50, who aren't black or latinx, etc. For some people the survival rate ain't that good, and we all should have a bit of empathy for those of us who aren't as lucky.
and that's a completely misinformed viewpoint about those other "people". Not understanding or not agreeing with the safety precautions of others doesn't make them un-informed.

You mean the same drug companies that have kept you from dying of AIDS? C'mon dude, you're being ridiculous.. I don't think HIV drug companies need to plant someone to pretend they're poz to sell their drugs.. they pretty much sell themselves.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/safety-of-vaccines.html
https://immunizebc.ca/ask-us/questions/are-there-long-term-side-effects-caused-mrna-covid-19-vaccines-how-do-we-know

I know your working for the drug companies.
So your answer is taken with a grain of salt.

Ugh, please stop posting bullshit.  Had enough of your nonsense, consider yourself warned.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 10:30:04 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline remo85

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 04:03:13 pm »
I don't get it...I'm not anti-vax but I have an appointment for it tomorrow and I'm kinda worried...My post asking about it got deleted.

We can't ask about this?
It makes me wonder why and makes me even more worried....Should I cancel?

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 04:07:27 pm »
I don't get it...I'm not anti-vax but I have an appointment for it tomorrow and I'm kinda worried...My post asking about it got deleted.

We can't ask about this?

Your post was NOT deleted, it was moved to the COVID VACCINE thread.  I responded to you !

Ray
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 04:10:28 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 04:07:45 pm »

We can't ask about this?
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 04:09:25 pm »
Remo,

Your original post is here toward the bottom of page:

https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=75065.100

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline remo85

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2021, 05:01:23 pm »
Oh, I see. sorry and thanks!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.