Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:14:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773187
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 363
Total: 365

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Poll

i cant sleep plz help me

Am I Infected
0 (0%)
i cant sleep plz help me
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 08, 2006, 08:50:21 am

Author Topic: Am I Infected  (Read 6898 times)

Offline dave1

Am I Infected
« on: September 08, 2006, 08:50:21 am »
Dear All
please answer my problems i really appreciate you help and never forget your help in my life.
problem: i had a oral sex with unknown status of a women however i am expecting she might have HIV since when I had protected vaginal sex with her I could smell a fishy odour smell at her vagina. exactly after 13 weeks on tip of pennis i got the burning sensation but still i have it, after a week i have gone through all the STD tests and during this period docter gave me Doxycycline for one week.  all my std reports came back negative except HSV1 got positive doc gave me valtrex for one day i used it. now my tongue got white coating still i have it now doc gave me antifungal drug now am using it today a red color rash appeared on my pennis i guess its because of herpes and i have no idea. my specific questions are.
1) if someone have Herpes how are the chances for hiv through oral sex
2) can we belive the EIA hiv negative test result after 14 weeks
(i know several times here posted 8 weeks is enough but why i am getting these HIV symptoms like white coating on tongue, repeated herpes symptoms, and still my pennis is burning and small pain in rectom and i lost my weight 4%)
3) the reason i worried is people are saying 3-6month window why
4) i couldnot sleep properly and eat properly please your advice could help one human life.
Thanks in advance

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Am I Infected
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 08:59:46 am »
Dave, taking a poll here about your HIV status is NOT a good idea.

You've put together a number disparate bits to come up with a self-diagnosis which really has no basis in HIV science. Neither the smell of the woman's vagina nor that you may have gotten herpes from her nor any of your symptoms are in anyway suggestive of HIV. But then you also need to know that neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms is ever the way to know about your HIV status.

If you have had a genuine risk, which not so incidentally this incident was NOT, then the only way to reliably  know your status is to get tested at 13 weeks past that incident.

Giving oral to a woman is risky only theoretically in terms of HIV. The factors which would have to come together are unlikely and we do not have confirmed cases of transmission in this manner. I don't expect you to make history by becoming one.

Since you are obviously distressed about the issue go ahead and get tested now. You can get a reliable result at this point and I certainly expect you will test negative.

If you have troubling symptoms that is something to discuss with your doctor. I don't see this in anyway as an HIV situation.

Lastly, do yourself a favor and read the lesson on transmission on this site to which you can find a link in the first thread in this section, (as well as the one on testing). You will get the basics you need to there.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline dave1

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 09:05:52 am »
Andy thanks very much for your advice
i had hiv negative at 14 week point but my dermatologst, physician & urologist are saying i need to be testted agiain at 6 months, am really scared about it. and one more thing i am uncircumsized thats what my concern and i used antibiotics like 8 days my oral thrush was started and pennis burning rectum in pain is still thr, please answer me you help will boost my brain to live longer.
Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 09:32:12 am »
Well, you can go and get tested at 6 months but it's totally unnecessary. I don't care how many people tell you otherwise.

The CDC is conservative in this matter and has for sometime recommended 13 weeks as sufficient except in cases involving IV drug use and/or someone whose immune system is severely depleted from something like treatment for cancer. And before you start fretting about whether you have a depleted immune system, let me tell you that you wouldn't have to wonder if that was the case because when that happens to someone it's very, very clear from the state the person is in physically.

You do not have HIV. Period. End of story.

Whether you accept that or not is up to you. But I don't have any doubts based on what you have reported.

Andy Velez

Offline dave1

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 09:44:04 am »
Andy
thanks very much for your moral support and advice if you donot mind finally i have question.
i am typeII diabetic and having some arthritis problems.
my question is does this effect on HIV AB test at 14 week point. since i read one article that for typeII diabetic patient the HIV antibody test is non reactive how far its true you have any idea. please write me for this final question, i will appreciate your help.
Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 09:47:04 am »
Your diabetes will NOT affect your 14 week result.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 10:49:26 am »
I agree with Rod. Your test result would still be valid.
Andy Velez

Offline dave1

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 01:05:37 pm »
Thanks Andy
but some how am still nervos i dont when am going to get ridoff all my tensions and stress level.
thanks again

Offline dave1

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 05:25:12 pm »
Hi
just now i called CDC hotline
they are saying only 97% people seroconvert 3months and 3% people after six months. now am confused with this please clarify about it anybody is serocoverted after 3months period. expecting some replies.
Thnaks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 05:32:48 pm »
You talked to people on there hotline that no nothing about HIV. They read from a book and they don't understand why someone might need to test up to 6 months. Unless you are on anti-rejection medication for a transplant, or an everyday heavy IV drug user or you're on chemo or a health care worker, or if you had an immune suppressed system, then you don't have to worry about the 6 month test. Three months is conclusive...Which you are negative..

Offline dave1

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 07:09:33 pm »
HI Rod/Andy
just now i read a post from  I Just Tested Poz from lovelife he is arguing that he had protected oral sex though he got hiv+. how come its truth and will it be possible. now am bit scared since i had unprotected oral anyhow my 14 week test is negative though these kind of info will give some nervos i appreciate your post
Thanks

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 07:26:18 pm »
Dave,

Ignore lovelife's thread. It's a crock. You don't have to worry. You're 14 week test is valid.

Stay out of the poz only forums. They'll just drive you nuts.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.