Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:35:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 191
Total: 194

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Please help me !  (Read 3886 times)

Offline Member1303

• Standard
Please help me !
« on: March 13, 2023, 03:27:43 am »
Thank you for actived my account and let me have a chance to write my case,
First of all , iam sorry about my english.
Iam male and had vaginal sex with prostitute 2 times, both times I used condom and also using Prep daily (already 15 day and 17 day ), but iam still worried and can't sleep because  :
at the first sex , I had a skin damaged on foreskin middle ( uncircumcised) by hard mastubated 2 hours before sex , when i put condom the foreskin pull down so i worried it's not covered by condom and maybe infected.  in the second sex after 2 day , the skin still peeling not healing yet.
I used daily Prep , My heath provider say it maximum protection after 7 days for male and 21 days for female , but after i research from CDC , or Brishtish health, it's a data for receptive not for me ( the insertive). I also search and got information that Prep protect Tops, straight male as well as bots but don't have Time for maximum effective. So I used Daily Prep already in 15 days , does it already enough effective protect me from HIV ?
thank you and waiting your reply , god bless

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Please help me !
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 04:03:25 am »
Hiya,

Read your post three times; with or without PrEP, I don't see a concern for HIV.

Regarding PrEP, after 15 days, the levels of the drugs in your tissue are sufficient to provide an additional layer of protection against HIV, even if you are the insertive partner.

Another option for you could be on-demand PrEP (2-1-1 PrEP) instead of daily PrEP. On-demand PrEP it's not used for receptive vaginal sex but can be used for insertive sex or receptive anal sex. https://i-base.info/guides/prep/on-demand

Anyhow, move on with your life and, as a PrEP user, get an STI & HIV screening every three months if possible.

Here's what you need to know to reduce your HIV risks:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Keep using PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier-acquired STIs. As a PrEP user, it's recommended to get an HIV & STI screening every three months.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms; testing is the only way to know.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed

« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 04:23:37 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Member1303

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 04:39:30 am »
Dear Mr Jimmy,
thank you for your information ,
yes i had thinking about Prep 211 but i was thinking daily prep had more effective if i can hold it longer like 21 days.
1. Sorry to ask you again , but if my damaged foreskin is not covered by condom , you still think that not a risk ? I thinking about it so much , In case it not covered but at base penis  , when i thrust in and out , it exposed to air so will damage hiv and can't infected me right ?
2. Why some source say Condom only protect 70% hiv even you use correctly ? ( i used 1 for oral then i change for vaginal sex , iam sure i used at begin and correctly)
3. And I intend to test hiv after 1 month , but i used prep , does it effect to result ?
4. How many case fail prep for insertive people MR Jim ? i search and see result major about the LGBT male but don't know about there are tops or bots.
I used condom and prep but iam coward overthinking now , i ask so much , sorry for your time but i don't know what to do .
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 04:44:08 am by Member1303 »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 05:01:00 am »
1) Asked and answered already.
2) When used correctly and consistently, the male condom efficacy is close to 100% concerning HIV prevention. For some STIs, condoms have lower effectiveness, such as STIs that, unlike HIV, can be acquired through skin contact in areas not covered by the condom, and condoms can also break during intercourse.

So take away regarding HIV and condoms is HIV can't transmit through an intact latex or polyurethane condom, unless a condom obviously fails during intercourse, there is no reason to be stressing or testing for HIV outside the standard routine.

3) You don't need to test over this encounter. I'm not going to pretend you do, and yes, PrEP can extend the testing period should you ever have a real HIV risk. However, no need to worry; As a PrEP user just keep getting screened for HIV every three months.

4) Some claimed cases but it's not relevant.

Move on with your life. If you keep having these fears and irrational fears about HIV prehaps consider talking to a therapist.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 05:03:32 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Member1303

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 09:06:58 am »
thank you for your patient to answer all of my question , i read it carefully and feel peace and confident my mind , i also did some research about how hiv infected , and saw it not easily to infect , it need some requiment like amount , temperature , enviroment to active , and i had 2 layer : condom and Prep. I think i had to worried about STIs like herpes, hpv and syphilis.
Thank again MR Jim

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 09:10:01 am »
You're welcome.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Member1303

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2023, 03:16:36 am »
hi , i already Pay-For-Participation to ask more detail about my case, sry but when i had free time i still searching how Prep effectiveness to me .
1. Could MR.Jim please tell me why 15 days is already enough drug level to protect me from hiv ? I mean i believe to your answer but all informations Prep just talking about Receptive not Insertive.
2. Iam very confuse about receptive male have studied 7days for maximum drug level but insertive male don't have any data , they are both "male" . Are Tissues in anal is different from penile tissues ?
3. Also they said ( also Mr. Jim) advice Prep 2-1-1 is suitable for Insertive male , mean it studied for prove to advice , so why Daily Prep is lacking data for insertive male ? Daily Prep Take a long time than Prep 2-1-1 , i Thought it's more effectiveness
 if could please answer detaily like 15 day prep support around 0-90% .
Thank you so much .

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2023, 04:04:51 am »
Your doctor, who prescribed PrEP, has already explained it's effective.

Anyhow, in short, the CDC does not support PrEP for the insertive partner, whilst other organizations do; One of the reasons why the CDC does not is the lack of tissue samples from the penis, but feel free to contact them if this keeps you up at night.

The reason others recommend PrEP is based on several things, including but not limited to multiple studies showing a real-world reduction in the number of people acquiring HIV, including some insertive partners; PrEP should have similar levels in the tissues found elsewhere in the body that has been tested, regardless blood level concentrations are sufficient when taken correctly, same can be said with (n)PEP results and sometimes it just gives peace of mind to people. However, besides PrEP giving peace of mind, I would also urge therapy if you are dealing with HIV phobia or anxiety.

At the end of the day, as the insertive partner, your HIV risk is already lower than the receptive partner and PrEP or 2-1-1 PrEP is just an additional level.

However, you used condoms and had no HIV risk with or without PrEP. You are only taking PrEP for peace of mind, yet, it's clearly not giving you peace of mind, and I can't help you with irrational concerns in this setting.

I recommend that if you keep having these largely irrational fears about HIV and can't move on with your life, then you should at least consider talking to a qualified therapist about your fears and return to your healthcare provider who prescribed you PrEP, so they are also aware it's not giving you peace of mind as intended.

I wish you well, but please don't post about this again. You had no HIV risk from the events posted here.

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 04:12:40 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.