Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:41:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773209
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 525
Total: 527

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Katherine Harris: Would someone shut her up!  (Read 9600 times)

Offline Cliff

Katherine Harris: Would someone shut her up!
« on: August 28, 2006, 05:01:36 pm »
Rep. Harris: Church-state separation 'a lie'

MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris told a religious journal that separation of church and state is "a lie" and God and the nation's founding fathers did not intend the country be "a nation of secular laws."

The Republican candidate for U.S. Senate also said that if Christians are not elected, politicians will "legislate sin," including abortion and gay marriage.

Harris made the comments -- which she clarified Saturday -- in the Florida Baptist Witness, the weekly journal of the Florida Baptist State Convention, which interviewed political candidates and asked them about religion and their positions on issues.

Separation of church and state is "a lie we have been told," Harris said in the interview, published Thursday, saying separating religion and politics is "wrong because God is the one who chooses our rulers."

Electing non-Christians a 'legislative sin'
"If you're not electing Christians, then in essence you are going to legislate sin," Harris said.

Her comments drew criticism, including some from fellow Republicans who called them offensive and not representative of the party.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Florida, who is Jewish, told the Orlando Sentinel that she was "disgusted" by the comments.

Harris' campaign released a statement Saturday saying she had been "speaking to a Christian audience, addressing a common misperception that people of faith should not be actively involved in government."

The comments reflected "her deep grounding in Judeo-Christian values," the statement said, adding that Harris had previously supported pro-Israel legislation and legislation recognizing the Holocaust.

Harris' opponents in the GOP primary also gave interviews to the Florida Baptist Witness but made more general statements on their faith.

Harris, 49, faced widespread criticism for her role overseeing the 2000 presidential recount as Florida's secretary of state.

State GOP leaders -- including Gov. Jeb Bush -- don't think she can win against Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson in November. Fundraising has lagged, frustrated campaign workers have defected in droves and the issues have been overshadowed by news of her dealings with a corrupt defense contractor who gave her $32,000 in illegal campaign contributions.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Offline DanielMark

Re: Katherine Harris: Would someone shut her up!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 05:34:51 pm »
"... God is the one who chooses our rulers."

LOL LOL LOL That's hilarious!

Someone has been filling that woman's head with lies.

I don't have a clue who she is, but yah, she should shut up!

Blind fool.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 06:00:07 pm »
Please, let her talk...let her talk. The more she talks, the more she exposes the Republicans for the hypocrites they are.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 06:22:46 pm »
how the hell did she get where she is??? I dont get this crap at all..... 

Paxil time,

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 06:29:00 pm »
how the hell did she get where she is??? I dont get this crap at all..... 

Paxil time,

Katherine Harris was the Florida Secretary of State and Florida Campaign Manager for George Bush in 2000...in other words, she knows where all the bodies are buried.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 06:36:53 pm »
Cliff,

I don't believe Katherine Harris stands a chance, this election. Even the repuglican party stays their distance with her. Every time she speaks, she puts another nail in her coffin.

Believe me ... We would all like to shut her up. she is just on of those bush cronies. II think even Jeb now stays his distance.

Ray 

PS---- In some way, She reminds me of ANITA BRYANT !!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 06:39:00 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 06:37:47 pm »
Fortunately, Katherine Harris' karma has finally caught up with the woman, who was our Sec of State and she was the one who stopped the recount and certified the results for Florida that anointed King George in 2000.  She worked tirelessly behind the scenes concocting scheme after scheme to purge the voter roles of anyone and everyone she could who would not be voting Republican.  She was rewarded for her deceit by being elected to the House, but that time is over and she is being kicked to the curb, right where she belongs.

Even the Republican Party has asked her to stop running and they don't support her.  But her daddy was rich and she has a $10 million war chest and I hope she spends every last dime, because there is no way in hell that ANYONE will elect her to anything.

She seems to forget that while Florida voters don't always remember, they always get even.  Someone should mention the name Miriam Oliphant to her, because she's going down in flames just like Miriam did and what a sweet day that will be.  (Miriam was the former Supervisor of Elections, who botched the 2000 election so bad that the Governor removed her from office.  She insisted she did nothing wrong but the Senate thought otherwise when they upheld fines against her, because of her incompetence.)

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 06:40:56 pm »
She,like most of our reps and senators in both parties is very wealthy and is buying her way in. She was speaking to a far right christian audience. What did you expect her to say? Pass the condoms? She does have some hideous make up going on.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 06:53:00 pm »
I wonder how someone like her looks at themself in the mirror each day.   I couldn't live with myself.

When the wheel of Karma rolls around, she may wish she had done (and said) things differently....I just hope I live to see it happen!

Aren't you glad we have people like her who tell us what God intends for us?  We would never be able to figure it out if it wasn't for the likes of her telling us what to believe......
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 06:57:37 pm »
Alan,

What disappoints me the most is that we still have such hateful people in positions of power, especially here in Florida.  We have a "Reverend" who claims that all Muslims are terrorists, the Kuran is a terrorist handbook and that justifies denying Muslims the right to establish a mosque in his black neighborhood.  Anyone remember those guys in the sheets with the pointy hats?  How quickly we forget and even when he said all of this, few if any even challenged him.

It would seem that America is losing her backbone.  All bow to King George and his theocracy.

Offline jack

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 07:09:47 pm »
Alan, maybe thats why she wears so much make-up.
I live in Houston Tx, and I get much exposure to these far right religious types. I am Catholic and they consider us heathen, so you can figure out the rest. The best is when they jump up and start praising and stuff. Very Crazy. BUT. The people I know spend all their money and time on people who have nothing so even as I type this I feel bad for making fun of them.

Offline Robert

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 01:30:38 am »
the lady's a loon.

I thougth Floridians knew better but I was completely shocked when she won her seat in the House.  So it wouldn't surprise me if she wins the Senate.  Like you said, she knows where the bodies are buried.

robert

Offline jack

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 06:47:45 am »
what bodies?

Offline David_CA

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 08:02:23 am »
I wonder how someone like her looks at themself in the mirror each day.   

Literally!  I Google-imaged her... yuck!  She looks like an old Saturday night drag queen at a booger drag show.  I'm sure she scares small children by looking  at them.

David

[attachment deleted by admin]
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Cliff

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 08:21:51 am »
That's scary.  I remember when she claimed that she didn't actually wear a lot of make-up, it was just the newspapers colorizing her photos to make her look bad.  Sorta like Condi claiming the newspapers were always selecting the mean shots of her.

Okay, maybe this photo was "colorized" Kathy....

Offline Alain

• I am.
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 08:24:44 am »
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 01:55:28 pm by cowandalehouse »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 08:32:56 am »
You can't help but look bad when you are the spawn of Satan.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 08:39:55 am by Dachshund »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 02:28:53 pm »
Cliffie, no!, no!, no! Don't shut her up.

She's the Anita Bryant of the new decade.

Everytime she opens her mouth, (when they aren't using her and that face to scare kids into going to bed or doing their homework... "The Katherine will GET YOU! WOOOOO! YIKES!), her arrogant ignorance more eloquently undoes her better than anything we could possibly say about her.

Yes, it is hard to take. Very. But have faith, Cliff. She's doing herself in.

I do have to say that I'm impressed that she can wear all the makeup she owns at a single time.

Andy Velez

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 03:51:24 pm »
LOL @ all you guys !

You're right Andy -- one application of lipstick = 1 tube

I can't make fun of the way anyone looks, because I look pretty scary myself.
What is that old saying ?  Give her enough rope......
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline cph9680

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 09:18:34 pm »
I guess I'm too young to know who Anita Bryant is, so I can't make any comparisons. 
But I hope her words will be her own undoing.  In fact I wish all the Republicans would tell us what they really think, and then the entire country could see that Republicans are Satan's little bitches and then there would be no more of that!

Offline Shawn Decker

• "Gee, Shawn!"
    • MY PET VIRUS
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 10:40:16 pm »
Here's some hot Katherine Harris action for you all.
http://www.youtube.com/v/vX6uuN1Ff-A

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2006, 08:47:31 am »
I guess I'm too young to know who Anita Bryant is, so I can't make any comparisons. 

Heres a very fast clip of Anita Bryant..... Enjoy... I always laugh at it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8jLgzAEPMw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W_pJZimDmo

Sorry Cliff... Didn't mean to stray.....

http://www.brumm.com/gaylib/anitabryant1977_1.html

Ray
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 08:56:14 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline AlanBama

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2006, 11:51:32 am »
Katherine Harris, Tammy Faye and Jan Crouch all went to the Sherwin Williams school of makeup....

Offline cph9680

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2006, 03:38:43 pm »
Wow!  The pie-in-the-face routine was funny!

I read the Wiki entry for Miss Bryant, she comes off as a real cow (or more inappropriate C-word!)

Corey

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2006, 11:27:17 pm »
Katherine Harris, Tammy Faye and Jan Crouch all went to the Sherwin Williams school of makeup....

This made me LOL.

The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.