Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:04:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772964
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 147
Total: 147

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Has anyone ever tried colloidal silver?  (Read 14754 times)

Offline newpozguya2

Has anyone ever tried colloidal silver?
« on: June 29, 2010, 05:47:17 pm »
Has anyone ever tried colloidal silver for a treatment?  And, if so, what were your results... Thanks!

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: Has anyone ever tried colloidal silver?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 05:59:38 pm »
Welcome to the forums.
Usually people introduce themselves a bit.

Assuming you are asking about its therapeutic use for HIV... or anything else for that matter...

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/colloidal-silver/AN01682

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 06:05:12 pm »
As you will learn from Mecch's linkages, the idea that colloidal silver has any health benefit is an enormous crock of shit.

MtD

Offline Jed

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 11:52:09 pm »
1st of all ignore anybody who tries to put a MD into their initial newpozguya2..unless they are a MD.

The FDA will not approve such a cheap anti-biotic that costs virtually nothing to make. Too many pharmaceutical share holders are at stake
I have used Colloidal silver successfully for server burns, warts, cuts and it is excellent for stopping any outbreak of herpes complex lesions
CS is anti-parasitic, supports the tissue and fluids in the body. It along with other metal are no longer in out diet due to our modern agricultural practices

It is important to keep your gut healthy and clear of parasites as this is where HIV virus resides. A thick coating on the tongue is a sure sign of an unbalance in the gut
As with all parasites there is an incubation period of eggs being hatched (about 5 days), so you have to break the cycle.
It is best you seek complementary therapy for this (maybe TCM) and follow short regimen.
I don't just taking CS will be a magic bullet.
But it is not a crock of shit
BTW Johnson and Johnson now put silver coatings on bandages for quicker wound healing.
NASA astronauts use silver coated underwear to inhibit any bacterial growth 

Good luck

jEd 

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 11:53:59 pm »

I have used Colloidal silver successfully for server burns

Heh Did the server let you apply it there at the restaurant or did you have to take him home first?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 01:23:43 am »
1st of all ignore anybody who tries to put a MD into their initial newpozguya2..unless they are a MD.

The FDA will not approve such a cheap anti-biotic that costs virtually nothing to make. Too many pharmaceutical share holders are at stake
I have used Colloidal silver successfully for server burns, warts, cuts and it is excellent for stopping any outbreak of herpes complex lesions
CS is anti-parasitic, supports the tissue and fluids in the body. It along with other metal are no longer in out diet due to our modern agricultural practices

It is important to keep your gut healthy and clear of parasites as this is where HIV virus resides. A thick coating on the tongue is a sure sign of an unbalance in the gut
As with all parasites there is an incubation period of eggs being hatched (about 5 days), so you have to break the cycle.
It is best you seek complementary therapy for this (maybe TCM) and follow short regimen.
I don't just taking CS will be a magic bullet.
But it is not a crock of shit
BTW Johnson and Johnson now put silver coatings on bandages for quicker wound healing.
NASA astronauts use silver coated underwear to inhibit any bacterial growth 

Good luck

jEd 

Jed,

I'm not an MD. I don't represent myself to be an MD. I sign my posts "MtD", the initials of my screen name: Matty the Damned".  Ya dig?

Colloidal silver is a dud. All you, the OP and anyone else needs to know about CS is contained in this link:

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/PhonyAds/silverad.html

Which was posted above by the fragrant Mecch.

it is true that some silver based compounds are used for topical burns dressings, but that's entirely different from taking it internally, especially as a treatment for HIV.

It has no action against HIV and can have very unpleasant side effects.

Of course we'd be delighted to see any evidence you have that suggests otherwise.

Oh yeah and welcome to AIDSmeds.

MtD

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 04:50:47 am »
Colloidal silver? People still do that shit? I remember the halcyon days of HIV in the 1990s when people decided that they needed to inject hydrogen peroxide to stop the AIDS.

Really thinned the herd, that.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline BusyDame

• It is my body so the battle to good health is mine
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 10:04:26 am »
Colloidal silver? People still do that shit? I remember the halcyon days of HIV in the 1990s when people decided that they needed to inject hydrogen peroxide to stop the AIDS.

Those were desperate times and even if there was some truth 90% of the time people the dosage wrong.

Back to the CS, MDs are usually noncommital to alternative treatments, and those who are will advise you not to mix the non-approved with the approved.
If you can't find someone on earth to love you at least love yourself dearly.

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 10:11:45 am »

Really thinned the herd, that.

Well in their defense it did knock out the HIV.

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 10:15:44 am »
Back to the CS, MDs are usually noncommital to alternative treatments, and those who are will advise you not to mix the non-approved with the approved.

Unlike many alternative treatments, colloidal silver has been actively studied by the feds and found NOT to be useful and to be potentially harmful.  The FDA and FTC have threatened to sue many of the internet marketers who make health claims for colloidal silver.

Key Points

- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not consider colloidal silver to be safe or effective for treating any disease or condition.

- The FDA and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) have taken action against a number of colloidal silver companies (including some companies that sell products over the Internet) for making drug-like claims about their products.

- Colloidal silver can cause many side effects. One example is argyria, a bluish-gray discoloration of the body, which is not treatable or reversible.

- Tell all your health care providers about any complementary and alternative practices you use. Give them a full picture of what you do to manage your health. This will help ensure coordinated and safe care.

http://nccam.nih.gov/health/silver/
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 06:02:36 pm »
Colloidal silver does this to you:

The wretch in this photo is an alternative medicine maven called Paul Karason. (link)

MtD

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 06:22:34 pm »
Papa Smurf say what?

Offline Jed

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 08:55:14 pm »
anything in excess is going to give you side effects even HIV medication. My Atripla experience nearly put me in hospital

CS had been used to less detriment than in some cases of any of the current HIV medication- they contain far more side effects- FACT.

The above pic posted by mTd was by a man making CS in his home and taking it in excessive amounts and later claimed it as attention seeking and was paids heaps of money by magazines for his story..sad

I don't think AIDSMEDS should be a gated forum just to satisfy pill Nazis and scare mongers

cheers

jEd

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 08:58:59 pm »
anything in excess is going to give you side effects even HIV medication. My Atripla experience nearly put me in hospital

CS had been used to less detriment than in some cases of any of the current HIV medication- they contain far more side effects- FACT.

The above pic posted by mTd was by a man making CS in his home and taking it in excessive amounts and later claimed it as attention seeking and was paids heaps of money by magazines for his story..sad

I don't think AIDSMEDS should be a gated forum just to satisfy pill Nazis and scare mongers

cheers

jEd

We've posted links to sound evidence that CS doesn't work for HIV or any other illness. We've demonstrated that it has unpleasant even dangerous side effects.

You've provided exactly nothing to support any of your claims about CS, other than to call us scare mongers and pill nazis.

So I'm invoking Godwin's Law.

MtD

Offline Jed

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 11:01:42 pm »
CS has never been proven to work against HIV and I have never stated otherwise. It is a microbial

cheers

jEd

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 10:52:20 am »
...It is a microbial ...

Which has been studied by public health officials (NOT drug companies) and found not to be safe or effective for treating any disease or condition
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 10:53:52 am »
Which has been studied by public health officials (NOT drug companies) and found not to be safe or effective for treating any disease or condition

Also it turns you into Papa Smurf.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.