Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 06:59:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 159
Total: 159

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: chance for treatment breaks  (Read 8826 times)

Offline sam66

• Keep The Faith ; Fight The Fight
chance for treatment breaks
« on: August 21, 2009, 10:26:11 am »

hi
        has anyone seen this, anybody got any more onfo.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7541735.stm
december 2007 diagnosed +ve ,

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
Re: chance for treatment breaks
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 11:36:29 am »
This product is very promising. It's been discussed here before, if you do a search with the word "bionor" several threads come up. There is an ongoing clinical trial too.

LINKS:

http://www.bionorimmuno.com/news2009_Bachem.html

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00659789

Offline J220

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 11:53:16 am »
What I don't know from the data is if the patients have to go back on ARV after the vaccine wears off, or can they just get another shot for another arv-free period. If it does work like the latter, a treatment constisting of a periodic shot, even if it's once a year would be just fantastic. Hey, I would even go for a once a month shot, no problem. But the 34 months average seems to indicate a much longer period, so that is just amazing.
"Hope is my philosophy
Just needs days in which to be
Love of Life means hope for me
Born on a New Day" - John David

Offline sam66

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 12:31:12 pm »
 thanks for the links,

I agree, that's exactly what I'm thinking, even if we have to take a shot once a month, that would be no bad thing. But there may be a limit to how many times we can boost the immune system.
       i think may be this shows the best promise out of all the recent so called "break through" it's a novel approach and it's in phase iii  trials.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 01:07:17 pm »
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 01:25:32 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline TheRoof

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 07:46:19 pm »
Interesting stuff.

Offline sam66

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 11:06:34 am »

Offline moskimo

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 05:24:25 am »
this is wonderful,any latest update on this vaccine trial please tell me.

Offline sam66

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 06:55:47 am »

This vaccine (vacc 4x ) is currently in Phase III of clinical trails; so pretty much the last hurdle to clear.
     Let's hope it manages to clear it.
     Results are due at the end of this year (2009) only a few months to go, hopefully it will not fall at the last hurdle.

this link will give you a good overview on drug trials in UK       
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4808090.stm

this is the link to Bionor Immuno the company that's developing the vaccine

http://www.bionorimmuno.com/pipeline.html

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 11:38:48 am »
I didn't realize that Bionor Immuno also has other HIV vaccines in the pipeline. The link you gave mentions Vacc-5q:

Bionor Immuno's second therapeutic vaccine candidate Vacc-5q has completed a phase I/II (safety)study at Ullevål University Hospital in Oslo, Norway. Twenty patients were enrolled where 10 were receiving combination ART and 10 were not on combination ART. Vacc-5q was been found to be
safe, well tolerated and immunogenic in both patient groups (Kvale et al, 2006).

It also has another section under development called "HIV 2nd Generation" about to enter Phase I

That's promising.

Results are due at the end of this year (2009) only a few months to go, hopefully it will not fall at the last hurdle.

Where did you read this? According to clinicaltrials.gov:

Estimated Study Completion Date:   July 2010

LINK:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00659789?term=vacc-4x&rank=1
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 11:53:13 am by Inchlingblue »

Offline sam66

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 01:44:47 pm »

yes they have a second vaccine (vacc-5q ) which is in phaseI/II
   I think the work they are doing is great, because it appires to be real alternative HARRT, and the daily
   medication also lts nearly at the end of phaseIII.

As for "results are due end of 2009" I was quoting from a BBC news report on this link :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7541735.stm

I believe this is still correct, results should in from all the test centres by the end of 2009.
     Then will begin Analysis of the Test Data , which strictly speaking is not testing.

You are correct analysis of all data and the completion of Phase III is expected to be mid 2010.

If everything is ok, I hope it will be fast-tracked and available may be within 2 years 

please correct me on any wrong facts and figures I may have given.

Offline sensual1973

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 02:12:43 pm »
somethiing benificial should come out from all those studies atleast,well soon i hope,its about time since the discovery of HAART in the mid 90s.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change.

Offline xman

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 04:05:48 pm »
somethiing benificial should come out from all those studies atleast,well soon i hope,its about time since the discovery of HAART in the mid 90s.

I received an email today from Bionor Immuno stating that they will begin phase III trials in a couple of years and that availability of the vaccine, if ever, will require several years. So I guess we have to wait at least until 2016.

I prefer having reliable informations directly from the source instead of self interpretations and predictions.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 04:10:44 pm by xman »

Offline elf

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 10:32:30 am »
That vaccine should help traveling.  :D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.