Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Research News & Studies

moderna HIV vaccine

<< < (2/3) > >>

nethan1621:
Let researchers to do their duty rather we jump to conclusions wether positive or negative. Anyway If it works , sorry for big pharma.

Almost2late:
I'm sure the researchers aren't bothered by me at all.. and I wish them well bc I appreciate them.

I'm just stating a fact, therapeutic vaccines aren't common and have only been around a few years.. most vaccines are preventive.

Like I said I hope they this mRNA HIV vaccine pans out for us, but don't go betting your life savings on it.

nethan1621:
Just wait and see... 😁

leatherman:

--- Quote from: Almost2late on April 18, 2021, 06:53:50 pm ---While it is quite expensive in developed countries, that's a gross exaggeration.

--- End quote ---
one important issue is that this article doesn't give a time range for that $500k. At $3000 a month (over the years my meds have cost anywhere from $2500 to $3500+ a month) that's only 14 years of meds and doesn't include any testing or physician costs. I've been taking meds for 27 years. That makes this number a gross under-estimate for people who are pre-HARRT long term survivors.

Almost2late:

--- Quote from: leatherman on April 19, 2021, 06:26:49 am ---one important issue is that this article doesn't give a time range for that $500k. At $3000 a month (over the years my meds have cost anywhere from $2500 to $3500+ a month) that's only 14 years of meds and doesn't include any testing or physician costs. I've been taking meds for 27 years. That makes this number a gross under-estimate for people who are pre-HARRT long term survivors.

--- End quote ---
I assumed the article was referring to yearly cost bc that's how it's usually calculated.. a lifetime will vary from person to person and you should be well over a million.

If that's the case, with only 6yrs and 4mos under my belt I'm somewhere around the $230,000 range just for meds.. and most of that coming from Obamacare (me with some taxpayer funding), ADAP (taxpayers). Since I qualify for ADAP in my new home state, I haven't paid a nickel out of pocket for meds in almost 3yrs.
Though I was asked to switch from Triumeq ($3,300) to Tivicay/Epzicom ($2000) a month.. not mandatorily, but voluntarily to cut ADAP's cost to big pharma and I happily did.

Either way, these meds are way too expensive and someone is paying for it.. Nathan is correct in that respect..
--- Quote from: nethan1621 on April 18, 2021, 07:09:11 pm ---If it works , sorry for big pharma.

--- End quote ---

#MedicareForAll

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version