Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:29:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 620
Total: 623

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My CD4 is 12 and VL 183000 also got anal wart, how long i will survive ?  (Read 3453 times)

Offline Cacupen

I just got test last month and the result quite yeah... well make me on the edge
CD4 Only 12
And VL 183000

I start my medication ( evafirenz, lamivudine, and tenovofir )
No any problem occur just for last 2 weeks i got skin rash 2 times..

This make me so down and dont know what to do.. each time i google my condition it ends steven jhonson syndrome.. but i tell my doctor its ok.. its so confusing and make ke lose hope..

AND WORST... anal warts.. 2 small bump on my anus.. its sooo horriyingly itch.. but my doctor said if i got laser or theratment now.. the change to the warts to come back is high because my low cd4 and high Vl

Sometimes i ask my self.. how much strenght i have to battle this...

Please i need advice.. i need light..
I dont know what to do..

I am afraid with my skin rash that happen 2 times after 1 week medication and anal warts is killing me..

When should i do laser thereatmen ? Cd4 or VL should reach ??

What should i do...

I am 22 yo and all my deposit near empty.. because none of my family knows.. and i dont have friends.. i am too introvert..

Please give me some advice... i am on the egde right now.. and dont know what to do...

Offline AusShep

You can live a relatively normal life once you get on treatment and get your HIV under control. 

You may want to ask your Dr if you should be taking medicine to prevent opportunistic infections since your CD4 count is so low.

Follow your Dr's advice and hold off on the laser treatments right now.   Make sure to let you ur Dr know of any more rashes, if you get a high fever, or any other side effects once you start your medicine.  The first couple of months may be tough, but it will become easy, just hang in there and take your meds every day.

Offline Cacupen

Did you have same situation ?... even i am terrified with see me on the mirror with red skin rash.. its make me so down and very afraid.. and also.. anal wart.. oh god

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
I'm sorry to read of your diagnosis, but glad you found this forum for support, guidance, and enlightenment.

Firstly, stop "googling" things. Much on the internet is wrong and out of date.

Secondly, it is great that you are under care and will soon be starting antiretroviral medication.  If you adhere to your regimen, you will live a long and healthy life:  you have every chance to achieve your hopes and dreams.

It's hard to first learn of your new health challenges, but, trust me, it does get better.

You will be fine.

Your short term goal is to get on antiretroviral treatment to reduce your viral load to "undetectable," in order that your CD4's recover.  You may also need to take some specific medication to mitigate chances of contracting certain opportunistic infections because of your currently low CD4 count (you may need to take Bactrim and Azithromycin, for example).  Work closely with your healthcare professional.

Your longer term goal should be to maintain an "undetectable" viral load and to raise your CD4 count to above 200.

Your IP address indicates that you may be from Indonesia.  If that is the case, please access this link for potential resources:

http://www.ycabfoundation.org/en/rumah-belajar-location/

If that is not this case, please let us know where you live, so we can assist you further.

Keep strong and know that the HIV is just a virus.  It does not define you as a human being.  You can beat it and live your life.

Please keep us informed of your progress and continue to be involved with this forum.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 01:55:48 am by Ptrk3 »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Cacupen

The worsting is i am alergy with antibiotic..

I am so afraid right now.. my doctor said i am too alergic with anti bactrim.. its is killing me

Online Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Hi

This thread has a very similar tone to your last thread and your cancer "what if" concerns.

Firstly stop googling and looking for "what if's". I understand you are still digesting the diagnosis however you need to stop looking for problems or complications were there are none. 

Start your HIV treatment, be adherent and suppresses the virus, this stops the virus from doing further uncontrolled damage your body and immune system. Your immune system and body will focus on healing and improve again. Like any person both HIV negative or positive if you want to reduce your other risk factors in life cut out any smoking/Poor diet, excessive alcohol consumption" etc etc

If you have a rash, see your doctor. As for the warts I get that it is not making you happy, however the good news is if you take you HIV treatment the virus will be suppressed and your body can build up the immune system and than you can get this treated with the laser option. The doc by the sounds of it simply wants your HIV to be under control first before treating them, so the sooner you work on controlling your HIV the sooner you can get the warts sorted.

You are not the first and unfortunately will not be the last person to have HIV and low CD4's with an additional STI, however the good news is you can do something about it through treatment and your HIV infection is no barrier to you going on to live a long, healthy, happy and productive life.

I know it sucks at the moment but it does get better  ;)
Take it easy, stop overthinking things.

Jim

« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 04:02:31 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline harleymc

Can you ease up with the rubbish statements "it is killing me", You wont get a positive response from being a drama queen and bashing everyone with hysterics.

I was down to  10 cd4s, I have also had rashes, and anal warts. I am also allergic to bactrim. Your situation is not unique and lots of people  have started treatment with worse figures than yours.

I couldn't understand your first post, did you mean you have started anti retrovirals, or you will be starting them in the future?

Any way your doctor not only needs to have you on antiretrovirals but also on prophylactic treatments to stop pnuemocystis and toxoplasmosis.
If you are allergic to bactrim there is an alternative, Dapsone.

Dapsone, also known as diaminodiphenyl sulfone (DDS),[1] is an antibiotic commonly used in combination with rifampicin and clofazimine for the treatment of leprosy.[2] It is a second-line medication for the treatment and prevention of pneumocystis pneumonia and for the prevention of toxoplasmosis in those who have poor immune function.[2] (from wikipedia)

Ask your doctor if dapsone is available.

Offline Cacupen

I am so sorry..
I guess i was too over and childish

Get this diagnosed all this month just make me want to explode... and even with expensive treatmen.. i am so sorry i was overreacted

Offline Cacupen

I couldn't understand your first post, did you mean you have started anti retrovirals, or you will be starting them in the future?

I already gettin the treatment and get skin rash twice in 2 weeks.. so i was gentin anxious.. but may be i am too overreacted

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
If you are allergic to bactrim there is an alternative, Dapsone.
depending on how bad/mild the rash is, there is also the alternative dosing of 1/2 dose of Bactrim on Mon-Wed-Fri. (that worked for me for 10 yrs on Bactrim)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline harleymc

Re: My CD4 is 12 and VL 183000 also got anal wart, how long i will survive ?
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 03:15:50 am »
Sorry I over reacted, I had a client at work trying to manipulate the system with "I am dying" just a couple of days ago, just to get some rules bent.

Back to your original question, there are no guarantees in life. The first year on Medications is the toughest one to get through. But there is also no real reason why you shouldn't have a long and healthy life. Most people get a good increase in their CD4 counts when their viral load drops. You'll move on from surviving day to day, to living month to month, to making plans for ncxt year to making plans with long time lines.

I've basically had the same issues as you, but 32 years on from diagnosis, I'm working, studying part time and play sport in an amateur competition. I'm trying to build up a nest egg for my retirement in 12 years time.

Online Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: My CD4 is 12 and VL 183000 also got anal wart, how long i will survive ?
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 05:21:39 am »
MOD Note:

Locked at OP request.

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.