Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:09:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 214
Total: 214

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hello from New York State....  (Read 21074 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Hello from New York State....
« on: August 19, 2011, 11:31:53 am »
Hello from New york State...

Just thought I'd drop a line or two...

Hope everyone is well.  Here we are, in Chittenango, New york.  So far the vacation has been going great!!  We left Sanford, Florida at 4:00 pm on Sunday afternoon, and arrived in Lorton, Virginia @ 9:00 am Monday morning.  It was a 17 hour train ride.

They brought us the car from the train,( love the auto train),  and we began our drive up to North Plainfield , N J. I think the drive was just a little over 4 1/2 hours.  Traffic around Washington, slowed us down a little, but otherwise no problems.

We got up to NJ and hit some good rain showers, ( some flooding actually),  but it started clearing up by Wednesday afternoon,  for the trip up here to New York, which also took about 4 1/2 hours.

We will be leaving here,( Chittennango) Sunday morning @ 9:00Am, and heading to New Jersey,(Little Ferry). from there we are going to commute, and spend most of the day Monday in NYC, Checking out all the sites, acting like tourists, and having a few drinks at some popular sites. We may try to get into the city Sunday night.  Depends on how tired we are!

Otherwise, all is well, it's been great visiting with friends and family, and it's been very relaxing. We will be leaving New Jersey, Tuesday morning, and will have one more Motel stop before arriving back home. We may stop and spend a night at Daytona Beach.

Hope everyone is well .... Also hope everyone is having a great time in Seattle!!

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline weasel

Re: Hello from New York State....
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 05:22:25 pm »

Wow Ray that sounds like fun .

I did not know they still did the auto ~ Train  .  I like that  idea    :)

Have a great time   , I love New England  , being a  Connecticut guy and all .

Maybe post a picture of   a   Pretty  thing  ?   , You Guys  !    ;)

Enjoy , Weasel    :-*
" Live and let Live "

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 04:48:29 pm »

I did not know they still did the auto ~ Train  .  I like that  idea    :)

H

Enjoy , Weasel    :-*

Thanks,   :)

The auto train saves about 750 miles worth of driving.  8)

Hello From New Jersey !!

We arrived in Little Ferry about an hour and a half ago, and had a lite snack at the 46 Diner in South Hackensack.  The trip went well from New york,  ( about 5 1/2 hours) but once again we drove through some heavy rain, but traffic too  wasn't bad.

The hotel we're at is right across the street from the bus stop to the city, so we like that!  Now I need to take a hot bath.... My back is killing me !   :P

Ray  8)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 08:08:07 am »
 8)

We're about to leave New Jersey, for our trip back to Florida. It's 7:45 right now, we should be on the road in about an hour.

NYC was great,....  But honestly,  :o     I don't know how you people that live up around here do it!

THE NOISE !! People I can deal with, but the noise.... They were doing some exterior work at the port authority, and we had to yell at each other to be heard.  :D

We took the bus from Jersey,  into the Port Authority bus terminal, at 8:30 Am, Thank God Ed has some knowledge on this place, because I felt like a rat in a maze ! (LOL)  :P It's quite overwhelming, as I've  never been to the Port Authority before.

Like I mentioned earlier, we did all the touristy things, like seeing Times Square, Madison Gardens, Battery Park, Wall Street. We went up to the 86th floor Observation deck,  at the Empire State Building. The wait to get to the observation deck was about 90 minutes.  The place was packed !  :P  it was a very, very, full day.

We ended up in the Village, and walked around,  had a couple drinks at Boots and Saddles, and also had to stopped  at the Stonewall, for happy hour. ( took some great pictures)  We then took the Subway back to 42nd street, for the walk to Port Authority. Or as I like to call it, ( The crazy place)  ;D And we ended back in Little Ferry.

Will try to post some pictures after we get back home, and after the unwind from the trip.

Ray 8)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 08:34:51 am »
We went up to the 86th floor Observation deck,  at the Empire State Building.

When I was living in NYC back in '84/'85, my (ex)husband had a small renovation/decoration company and I worked with him for a while. We did a job painting an office suite in the ESB (a non-union company in a union building - but that's another story of how we smuggled the paint and equipment in!) and one lunch-time we decided to visit the observation deck.

There was a pay phone up there and my husband decided to ring his mother back in England. When she answered, he said "Hi mum, you'll never guess where I'm ringing you from!"

She said - "Oh no, you're not in jail are you?"

hehehehe... he was crestfallen. ;D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 08:39:02 pm »

After 11 hours of driving, we just now checked into a hotel. ( 8:37 PM) We are in Fayetteville, NC.

Time to rest up and catch the latest news on the earthquake, this afternoon.   :o

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 09:01:49 pm »

Traffic around Washington, slowed us down a little

That beltway sure knows how to have a traffic jam! 

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 09:10:51 pm »
( 8:37 PM) We are in Fayetteville, NC.
you should have said something sooner about stopping there! The Davids, James (hope4acure) and I are all back from Seattle and we could have met up and had a mini-AMG ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 09:12:13 pm »
you should have said something sooner about stopping there! The Davids, James (hope4acure) and I are all back from Seattle and we could have met up and had a mini-AMG ;)

Yea... and those Fort Bragg menz sure are HOTTIES!!  Maybe we could have convinced some of them to join us.

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 07:28:51 am »
Yea... and those Fort Bragg menz sure are HOTTIES!!  Maybe we could have convinced some of them to join us.

;D  We past a few truck loads of those Fort Bragg men yesterday.  Def ... Hotties !  :)

Well, who knows,  somewhere in the future , maybe we can have a mini gathering, in these parts.  :)

We"ll be leaving this area in about an hour.  I think I will let Ed do as much driving as possible today,...I managed to pick up a cold. I felt it coming on over the past 36 hours.   Raw, scratchy, throat, lots of coughing. I thought this was possibly sinuses yesterday, but it's def a cold.  Damn!  >:(     I think this is going to be an ass kicker.

We were still thinking of one night at Daytona Beach, but I think the way I'm feeling, better try to make it back home by tonight.

Later--Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 10:07:53 pm »
 :P

We're back home !  We arrived around 8:45 this evening.  It was just about 11 hours on the road from Fayetteville, NC to Palm Harbor, Fl

All is well, but I am still feeling like crap. 

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 12:47:16 am »
Glad y'all made it home!  :-*
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 09:36:14 pm »
Here's a few pictures that I took , when in New york earlier in the week.

Pictures include the Stonewall ( inside and outside )  Chtistopher street Sbway , going back to uptown. Will try to post more later on...

[/img]
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 09:39:42 pm by J.R.E. »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 09:43:12 pm »
Hmmmm...Can't get this picture to come up   :-\  got it !!  :P

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 09:53:35 pm by J.R.E. »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 10:13:53 pm »
From the 86th floor of the Empire State building:

[/img]

[/img]

Fort Niagara @ Oswego on lake Ontario

...   :P   I'm having too much trouble trying to get these photo's up.

I'll try later

Ray
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 10:58:01 pm by J.R.E. »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 11:01:56 pm »
Another photo @ Oswego and Fort Ontario

[/img]

Looking out over Lake Ontario:

[/img]

Inside one of the buildings at Fort Ontario:

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Another pic from New york:

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Looking toward the Empire State Building:

[/img]

Macy's:

[/img]

Another pic from the Empire State:

[/img]

Looking toward New Jersey:

[/img]

[/img]

Ray
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:32:55 am by J.R.E. »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 11:32:09 pm »
great pix. thanks for sharing them!
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 11:48:30 pm »
great pix. thanks for sharing them!

LOL  thanks.... I think I'm worn out, but at least I finally figured how to get them up.   :D

rAY

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 11:54:29 pm »
Across the street from the Stonewall:

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

this is a pic of the workers loading the automobiles onto the train in Sanford Florida.

This train had 385 passengers, in 19 cars, and another 21 train cars loaded with cars. This was the start of the trip.

[/img]

[/img]

A little out of order here.  Entrance to Fort Ontario @ Oswego, New York:

[/img]

[/img]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:34:24 am by J.R.E. »

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 12:39:13 am »
at least I finally figured how to get them up.   :D
yes, figuring out how to get it up is very important ROFL
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2011, 12:47:19 am »
yes, figuring out how to get it up is very important ROFL

HEH,Heh..   ;D

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline edfu

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 09:44:31 am »
Great pics!  Stonewall, the Christopher St. subway station, Christopher Park, are just one block from the apartment I lived in for 35 years.  The memories....

For those who don't know, Boots and Saddle is, of course, a gay bar.  Everyone referred to it as Bras and Girdle.   
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.