Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:57:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 378
Total: 380

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden is DEAD  (Read 112364 times)

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
Re: Osama Bin Laden is DEAD
« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2011, 12:22:43 am »
 ;) drewm  :-*
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #201 on: May 03, 2011, 12:38:46 am »
I know it seems like a double standard to expect repubs to give Pres Obama credit when I won't give Bush credit.  As I said, I did after 9/11.  But after I learned how they ignored warning after warning about 9/11, I just find it hard to do so.  I find it hard to agree that he kept us safe when 3,000 died on 9/11 and then we had the anthrax deaths.  It seems like saying I bought a gun after being robbed and haven't been robbed since.  Buying the gun doesn't mean that is why I have not been robbed again. 

Perhaps Bush deserves credit for some things after he failed on 9/11, but I'm trying to think of what they are.  Perhaps there are things he did that we don't know about.  I doubt it, because they would have publicized it.  There was never another attack planned that was stopped by Bush, right?  There was that plan with airplanes in the UK that were headed for here, right?  But, it was the UK that stopped that.  My memory is fuzzy on that.  I'm seriously trying to think of ways he kept us safe.  Perhaps tighter security at airports?  They did capture some Al Qaeda members.     

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #202 on: May 03, 2011, 12:46:02 am »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline komnaes

« Reply #203 on: May 03, 2011, 12:59:00 am »
Not that I would ever have a chance but I don't ever want to play poker with President Obama..

Any serious repugs with presidential aspiration should think twice before running.. this guy is full of surprises. Just let him serves out the two terms and the world will be just fine.
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #204 on: May 03, 2011, 01:12:14 am »
This is real from ABC's website where viewers posts comments:

"thank God he is dead.  However you could of waited 15 minutes for Brothers and Sisters be over.  You could of anounced his death and then returned to the regular programing."

Now, what kind of person watches that show and can't spell and says "could have" as "could of?"  Too funny.   

Offline Cliff

« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2011, 01:52:03 am »
The corpse was buried at sea. Nobody can say "we need to see the corpse."

It is gone, my dears. You can only regret - you have to use the conditional - hypothetical. 

"If we could have seen the corpse....."

You can't say, let's see the corpse now.  Its too late.  Get it?
I think they are referring to pictures taken of the corpse before it was buried at sea.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2011, 07:39:52 am »
This is real from ABC's website where viewers posts comments:

"thank God he is dead.  However you could of waited 15 minutes for Brothers and Sisters be over.  You could of anounced his death and then returned to the regular programing."

Now, what kind of person watches that show and can't spell and says "could have" as "could of?"  Too funny.  
Ted--
Ask anyone in the business world, all sorts of people (some very bright) don't write or spell well. One of my lawyer friends who was a piss-poor speller admitted that in himself and noted it was true of many lawyers/judges. It did not diminish their ability in the courtroom. You'll note programming (above) is also misspelled -- could be a quote, could be yours---I don't know. What's important, especially nowadays with texting, tweeting, acronyms galore, is that you got the intended message. And, I'd say, in this instance, you did. Language is fluid. Remember, irregardless is now in the dictionary after years of misuse it was accepted as a word.  So, back to your question..."what kind of person?..." -- could be (or could of been) anyone!

Offline denb45

« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2011, 07:50:02 am »
Ted--
Ask anyone in the business world, all sorts of people (some very bright) don't write or spell well. One of my lawyer friends who was a piss-poor speller admitted that in himself and noted it was true of many lawyers/judges. It did not diminish their ability in the courtroom. You'll note programming (above) is also misspelled -- could be a quote, could be yours---I don't know. What's important, especially nowadays with texting, tweeting, acronyms galore, is that you got the intended message. And, I'd say, in this instance, you did. Language is fluid. Remember, irregardless is now in the dictionary after years of misuse it was accepted as a word.  So, back to your question..."what kind of person?..." -- could be (or could of been) anyone!

:D  when I was a Sheriff's Deputy I was a horrible speller, but I wasn't alone, most of my peer's weren't all that great at it,  I went out and bought one of them Franklin-spellers, so that at the end of my shift I could write crime reports, as long as I got a conviction for a crime committed in the courts, and the DA could read it, I didn't worry much about it, I too often EDIT my post for spelling errors a lot in here  :D

ya see look at the bottom of the post, EDITED, I just couldn't help myself  ;D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 07:53:47 am by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2011, 08:46:05 am »
Obama made a gutsy call. His other option was to send Stealth fighters over and bomb the compound to smitherenes, keeping our soldiers out of harm, but we would prob not be able to confirm that we killed OBL. He opted for the more dangerous approach of sending in special ops and killing and retrieving the body. If this option had gone wrong, Obama would have paid dearly. something akin to Carter and the failed hostage rescue. A Gutsy call from a Gutsy guy

Whether you are repub or Dem you ahve to give him credit. I saw clips of Glen Beck, Rep King giving high praise to Obama...so there are some that are seeing it as it is...a win for all Americans.

One of the most poignant things I saw in the crowd gathered in front of the white house was a man in a Bush/Cheney shirt arm in arm with a guy in an Obama shirt swaying back and forth and singing God Bless America :)

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2011, 10:53:56 am »
Artist Rendering of OBL Death photo to be released later today..

*PLEASE NOTE- This is NOT the Actual Photo.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:58:41 am by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #211 on: May 03, 2011, 11:53:32 am »
Corpse dragging is so de classe.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #212 on: May 03, 2011, 12:22:11 pm »
It sure is a good thing that ole Osama wasn't a hypocrite and believed in hatred of America!

chose major brands and equally favored Pepsi and Coke

Well I guess he failed to solve the age old question of "Coke or Pepsi" :(

Dammit
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #213 on: May 03, 2011, 01:14:37 pm »
Living in Canada, I have to tell you, the view from here is very different. While watching US news and the revelers cheering OBL's demise, I cannot help but to remember the scenes of Muslims rioting over the burning of a Koran. I'm not saying that America should not rejoice that an evil man is gone. However, just think of the message we could have sent the world, if instead of cheering because we killed a maniac, we had honored all the American lives lost to this man and his form of radicalism. It seems to me that America continues to promote this image of violence, by concentrating on who will killed, as opposed to trying to finally find some closure for all of those Americans so brutally murdered by OBL and his minions.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #214 on: May 03, 2011, 01:55:51 pm »
Living in Canada, I have to tell you, the view from here is very different. While watching US news and the revelers cheering OBL's demise, I cannot help but to remember the scenes of Muslims rioting over the burning of a Koran. I'm not saying that America should not rejoice that an evil man is gone. However, just think of the message we could have sent the world, if instead of cheering because we killed a maniac, we had honored all the American lives lost to this man and his form of radicalism. It seems to me that America continues to promote this image of violence, by concentrating on who will killed, as opposed to trying to finally find some closure for all of those Americans so brutally murdered by OBL and his minions.

If I had children I would not want them seeing a death celebrated in this way ... I kinda gag when I say it like this but context is everything and my fear is that may be lost on some , especially the young .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline denb45

« Reply #215 on: May 03, 2011, 02:47:21 pm »
Gee, you think maybe he drank way too much coke or Pepsi, maybe that's why he's DEAD  :D kudos on buying American tho  ;D
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:53:13 pm by denb45 »

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #216 on: May 03, 2011, 04:13:29 pm »
It sure is a good thing that ole Osama wasn't a hypocrite and believed in hatred of America!

Yeah, they showed this earlier today on Bloomberg.  Apparently he was also a fan of some luxury hair products made in Europe and America.

USA #1!!!!
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #217 on: May 03, 2011, 04:45:47 pm »
Yeah, they showed this earlier today on Bloomberg.  Apparently he was also a fan of some luxury hair products made in Europe and America.

USA #1!!!!

La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe? How Donatella!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #218 on: May 03, 2011, 05:11:18 pm »
This just in: YOUNG PEOPLE ARE STUPID.

(Via Sean Bonner)

MtD

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #219 on: May 03, 2011, 05:17:21 pm »
Not a good thing . My 25 year old niece asked me once who Hitler was .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline denb45

« Reply #220 on: May 03, 2011, 05:19:18 pm »
Not a good thing . My 25 year old niece asked me once who Hitler was .

Most young folks don't know jack about anything, nor do they care

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #221 on: May 03, 2011, 06:22:39 pm »

I suspect that if it had been two towers in Toronto that fell and 3,000 Canadians that were murdered things might look different up there.  I, for one, am spending no time wringing my hands over how this "looks" to the world.  I'm sure there were folks in many nations celebrating the death of Hitler back in the 40's.

At any rate -- I suspect that the celebrations were not so much about Osama's death as they were about the "victory" his demise represented.  Had we simply captured him -- I am sure the same celebrations would have taken place.  So -- remember, HE declared war on us, this is a victory that should be celebrated (again, not necessarily his death, but the fact that we removed him from the field).  We still have others to deal with, but this was certainly something to be celebrated.

Mike

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #222 on: May 03, 2011, 06:29:12 pm »
 instead of cheering because we killed a maniac,

I understand that celebration is not for everyone. I appreciate that and respect that. Some people choose to light candles, or pray in silence (I've prayed over this), some people choose to ignore the whole situation. We each react in our own way.

I applaud the killing, I am happy that he was killed, No I am elated that he was killed. It does my heart good to know that the last thing he saw on this earth was an American coming at him with a gun. I make no apologies, I hope the shot to his stomach occured first so that he suffered, if only for a second.

Call me abrasive, call me uncaring, call me what you want, It is what it is.

Took a look at a partial resume for Al Quead, headed by and funded by Bin LAden:

Early 90's2 hotels in Aden yemen 75 civilians killed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_al-Qaeda_attacks)

1997 Funded the Luxor Massacre in Egypt killing 62 civilians (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_al-Qaeda_attacks)

1998 bombed 2 US embassies in East Africa, Killing 200 people

2000 bombed USS Cole (act of war) killing 17 americans

American Nick Berg beheaded 2004

Daniel Pearl of the wall Street Journal Beheaded in 2002 (There are hundreds more beheadings)

2007 - Al Queada in Iraq was responsible for killing 3800 civilians.http://www.infoplease.com/spot/al-qaeda-terrorism.html

2009 - Attempted to biing down American Airliner over Detroit, 290 people aboard.

1996 - Declared war on America and instructed his Alqueada network to "kill the Americans and their allies - civilians and military,” wherever they may be. " See the above, he followed through with these threats.

But most of all -
Sept. 2001 -  3000 Mothers, fathers, brothers and children killed. 343 of them Firefighters (my son is a firefighter in a large Texas City). 8 Young Children were killed on 9/11 ranging in age from 3 to 11. (I have a 12 year old son).

The resources of 3 different presidents were put into Killing Bin LAden, beginning with Clinton and ending with Obama.

This is why I choose to celebrate.

-Will
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 06:48:50 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #223 on: May 03, 2011, 06:35:02 pm »
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate"
-Martin Luther King, Jr.”

I'm also glad he is dead, the mere mention of what happened on 9/11 still sends shiver up my spine, but Victory can only be claimed when a war ends..sadly I fear this war is far from over.

In sadness for those who have died because he lived and for those who will die becaue of his demise.
Jan :'(
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 06:36:36 pm by anniebc »
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #224 on: May 03, 2011, 06:52:31 pm »

I'm also glad he is dead, the mere mention of what happened on 9/11 still sends shiver up my spine, but Victory can only be claimed when a war ends..sadly I fear this war is far from over.

In sadness for those who have died because he lived and for those who will die becaue of his demise.
Jan :'(

Yes Jan I agree.

I am not celebrating absolute Victory here, I am celebrating the death of a Tyrant who intentionally killed innocent civilians. I am under no illusions that the senseless killings will suddenly stop, however I believe this is the beginning of the end. At least I pray it is.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #225 on: May 03, 2011, 07:41:48 pm »

I'm glad he was brutally killed.  I wish they could have revived him so they could kill him once more.  Personally, I think we did the guy a huge favor by burying him in the sea.  Because he's gonna need a lotta water where he's going.  Burn in hell Osama Bin Laden....
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline denb45

« Reply #226 on: May 03, 2011, 07:52:44 pm »

I'm glad he was brutally killed.  I wish they could have revived him so they could kill him once more.  Personally, I think we did the guy a huge favor by burying him in the sea.  Because he's gonna need a lotta water where he's going.  Burn in hell Osama Bin Laden....

For REAL what's with all this koombayah SHIT I'm glad the motherfucker is DEAD too  ;D I'm an ex cop, and we used to shoot & kill douche bag criminals just to save the tax payer's the money........
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 08:03:39 pm by denb45 »

Offline NycJoe

« Reply #227 on: May 03, 2011, 08:12:34 pm »
I think Americans have been celebrating because finally after almost 10 years he was found and eliminated.  It was a much needed “win” for us.  It took a hell of a long time, but we accomplished what we set out to do.  I don't wish death on most people.  Someone like OBL though?  A mastermind of an event that killed thousands of innocent people including children?  Sorry, I am glad he is gone.  He was the definition of evil.  Also I agree that any country that this had occurred in would feel the same.  It is very personal the United States just as it would have been to Canada if it had happened there.  I know slamming the US has been in vogue for a while, and while it is an imperfect place, I love it, I'm proud to call it home.  I can't imagine living anywhere else.   With the bad there is much good.  I am sure most people feel that way wherever they live though.  We will never be completely out of danger, but for now, I must join in the chorus…..USA!

Joe

P.S. Even though it is nice in theory, as Denb45 said, sometimes you have to say fuck the kumbaya shit. 

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #228 on: May 03, 2011, 08:14:50 pm »
I'm an ex cop, and we used to shoot & kill douche bag criminals just to save the tax payer's the money........

So much for innocent until proven guilty, huh?
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline denb45

« Reply #229 on: May 03, 2011, 08:30:14 pm »
So much for innocent until proven guilty, huh?
  SHit the jail is full and so is the prison system, there aint no fucking room  for nobody
go ahead and kill, lie & steal, you be justified in the END  :D

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #230 on: May 03, 2011, 08:35:13 pm »
I was just having the conversation about how celebrating his death looks---just like when many Muslims celebrated the towers falling.  They see things from their perspective and we see things from ours.  Many would say Pres. Bush is THE NUMBER ONE terrorist and is responsible for so many innocent lives in a war started under false premises.  They see him as enemy number one.  Is it really that much different?  Sure, Bush can say he didn't purposely target civilians and fly planes into buildings.  But, he is responsible for more than 3,000 innocent deaths.  Conservative estimates are between 50-100k in Iraq, right?  But, that is done in the name of freedom.

About my remark on spelling....I was making a joke about how people who watch Brothers and Sisters are thought to be more educated--East Coast and West Coast thang.  Plus, the comment was just stupid that they should not have cut into the show.  My mom only has a 3rd grade education and can't spell well at all.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #231 on: May 03, 2011, 09:05:48 pm »
I did not realize President Obama's breaking announcement broke into the "Celebrity Apprentice" Sunday night.  That is so good it has to be fattening.  Jon Stewart is so funny in Monday night's "The Daily Show."  He talks about being apprehensive about celebrating the death of a human being, but he can't help feeling the way he does.  This was a good show.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-may-2-2011/big-deady

This video is from "Jimmy Kimmel Live" where Jimmy does a side-by-side comparison of what Trump was saying and doing Sunday night and what Pres. Obama was doing and saying.  I doubt the news media will give Trump more attention after this, but I've been surprised before. 

http://abc.go.com/shows/jimmy-kimmel-live/video-detail/clips/pl_PL5520978/vd_VD55124827

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #232 on: May 03, 2011, 09:45:47 pm »
and we knew this was coming..

Taliban: Reports of bin Laden's death greatly exaggerated

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/03/2199264/taliban-reports-of-bin-ladens.html
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #233 on: May 03, 2011, 10:28:24 pm »
I was just having the conversation about how celebrating his death looks---just like when many Muslims celebrated the towers falling.  They see things from their perspective and we see things from ours.  Many would say Pres. Bush is THE NUMBER ONE terrorist and is responsible for so many innocent lives in a war started under false premises.  They see him as enemy number one.  Is it really that much different?  Sure, Bush can say he didn't purposely target civilians and fly planes into buildings.  But, he is responsible for more than 3,000 innocent deaths.  Conservative estimates are between 50-100k in Iraq, right?  But, that is done in the name of freedom.

Look -- I am NO FAN of Bush, he never should have been installed as President in 2000, nor elected in 2004.  His war in Iraq was unnecessary and inexplicable, but to equate him with bin Laden is ridiculous.  Why?  you answered it -- Osama plans were all about hitting innocent civilian and if he had been able to get his hands on a nuclear device, well, the 50-100k you mentioned would be small potatos.
I am simply not understanding all the sudden concern for Osama, his demise or the "unseemly" American reaction -- he certainly didn't have any concern for you, nor would he have concern if he caused your demise or the "unseemly" reactiions from his supporters after he blew your ass up while riding the subway home from work.  He was a butcher who brainwashed folks into believing that they were doing the work of Allah.  His "equals" are more the Hitler's or Pol Pot's of history.
Quite frankly, I'd love to see everyone stop even mentioning his name -- that is actually what he deserves -- to disappear and have no legacy at all.

M

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #234 on: May 03, 2011, 11:21:22 pm »
I'd love to see everyone stop even mentioning his name -- that is actually what he deserves -- to disappear and have no legacy at all.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #235 on: May 03, 2011, 11:31:37 pm »
For REAL what's with all this koombayah SHIT I'm glad the motherfucker is DEAD too  ;D I'm an ex cop, and we used to shoot & kill douche bag criminals just to save the tax payer's the money........

I'm sorry Dennis but that's just appalling. As someone who has been the subject of physical abuse and harassment by the police for the outrageous crime of being gay I find that stuff pretty offensive.

It's why I think police, all police, are utter scum. In my 'pinion the only good copper is a dead copper.

But let me say that I think you're just mouthing off. Being a bit of an internet hero. My guess is that during your uniformed career you never fired a shot outside of the range.

MtD

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #236 on: May 03, 2011, 11:56:18 pm »
It's why I think police, all police, are utter scum. In my 'pinion the only good copper is a dead copper.

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #237 on: May 04, 2011, 12:19:06 am »
I suspect that if it had been two towers in Toronto that fell and 3,000 Canadians that were murdered things might look different up there.  I, for one, am spending no time wringing my hands over how this "looks" to the world.  I'm sure there were folks in many nations celebrating the death of Hitler back in the 40's.

At any rate -- I suspect that the celebrations were not so much about Osama's death as they were about the "victory" his demise represented.  Had we simply captured him -- I am sure the same celebrations would have taken place.  So -- remember, HE declared war on us, this is a victory that should be celebrated (again, not necessarily his death, but the fact that we removed him from the field).  We still have others to deal with, but this was certainly something to be celebrated.

Mike

It's not Canadians I was talking about, only me. I should have been clearer, but there are many unanswered questions, with the biggest one, being what gives the US the right to murder someone, without due process of law. Another is how is celebrating the death of someone, any different that assembling for a public hanging in many countries? My point was when we start acting like those whom we believe to be our enemies, we become them and then what is left for us to defend? Within the last 10 years America has condoned torture and who knows what else all in the name of national security, but are we not a country founded on a strong sense of justice?

Pakistan, as untrustworthy as they are, had a point in why didn't Washington at least let them know they were going to do an unauthorized raid within their country. When I reference living in Canada it means I do not get exposed to the hubris of Congress or these folks that think the only good Muslim, is a dead one. I see a very different America, on the outside looking in and some of what I see, is not very pretty. I just cannot see how celebrating the death of someone, is in our best national interest.

I will never understand how such a celebration extols any true American values at all. And if you do not think that other countries are not watching how America reacts, you are very mistaken. To millions upon millions of Muslims, George Bush is no different that Osama. While their professed goals may be very opposite, the price of those goals is hundreds of thousands of Muslim dead, at American hands and for what? Oil.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #238 on: May 04, 2011, 12:36:31 am »
Bocker, I understand the joy and emotions from seeing him killed.  I was one of them and found the gathering outside the White House emotional.  My friends and I weren't feeling all sad for Osama.  We were having debates, which is good to do sometimes.  Many Muslims see America as murderers of innocent people.  Many of them also believe this is a Christian war against Islam.  And, many radical Muslims are more than willing to push that thinking due to their perverted interpretation of Islam--although many say it isn't that perverted from what the Koran says.  But, Bush even referred to it as a Crusade.  He is not very bright, so I'm sure Bush didn't even realize the implications of that word.  Muslim youth in Osama's generation saw us back one bad dictator after another instead of standing for democracy.    

I'm certainly not saying I feel sorry for him or believe in that "we brought it on ourselves" thinking.  No matter what our gov't has done, our citizens did not deserve being crushed by 110 stories of steel.  I was saying how they can easily see us as terrorists--in their point of view.  Not saying they are correct in that view.  Most people in Pakistan hate us.  However, I think opinions are changing in other parts of the world for the better and we're seeing that play out now.  But, let's get real.  Bush should have been tried for war crimes.  As an American president, that won't happen.  Osama claims this all started because we came into Iraq the first time in 1991 and used Saudi Arabia as a base--so-called Muslim Holy Land.  Well, I don't remember many non-military Iraqis being killed by us then, were they?  I know Saddam killed many of his people after we said we would protect them but didn't.  I don't think that made us terrorists.  But, I can see how many would see us as terrorists from this journey into Iraq from all the innocent lives and all the torture in Abu Graib and those secret torture sites.  Isn't that the definition of terror?

I do feel bad for Osama's 19 year-old son who was killed with him.  At that age, he was brainwashed for sure and still not old enough to see how wrong his father was and make his own conclusions.  If I were to learn he was killing people, then I would change my view on that.      

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #239 on: May 04, 2011, 01:06:29 am »

I hope they have the SEAL that put the round through Osama's frontal lobe on Good Morning America.  It must be cool to be him.   Can you guys imagine the call home to mom and pop?

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #240 on: May 04, 2011, 01:37:07 am »
Awwwwww... All the motherfuckers  now have something nice to say about Obama (Trump, Glenn Beck, and even Limbaugh --well the last one maybe not so much).   It must really hurt.

Bin Laden News Finds Pundits Forsaking Usual Comfort Zones

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline NycJoe

« Reply #241 on: May 04, 2011, 08:03:07 am »
I'm glad he is dead, can no longer plan any more attacks.  Over 3,000 innocent lives were more than enough.  There are some people that do not deserve due process.  People like Hitler and Osama.  OSB was 100% guilty, he is on tape admitting to it.  Should we have put him on trial with a jury of sympathetic peers?  Get real.  Someone mentioned why didn't we warn Pakistan we were going in?  Well maybe because more than likely they were protecting him and would have helped him out.  I mean come on.  Again, I am not saying people should be celebrating death, but they should be celebrating that he is gone and can do no more harm. 

Again, it is popular to bash America.  We are imperfect.  There are good and bad people here.  But I wouldnt trade living here for anywhere else.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #242 on: May 04, 2011, 08:12:19 am »
I'm glad he is dead, can no longer plan any more attacks.  Over 3,000 innocent lives were more than enough.  There are some people that do not deserve due process.  People like Hitler and Osama.  OSB was 100% guilty, he is on tape admitting to it.  Should we have put him on trial with a jury of sympathetic peers?  Get real.  Someone mentioned why didn't we warn Pakistan we were going in?  Well maybe because more than likely they were protecting him and would have helped him out.  I mean come on.  Again, I am not saying people should be celebrating death, but they should be celebrating that he is gone and can do no more harm. 

Again, it is popular to bash America.  We are imperfect.  There are good and bad people here.  But I wouldnt trade living here for anywhere else.

Joe,

You're right.

The world is a better place because OBL is dead. And the USA had a perfect right to ice his fundamentalist ass.

Moreover freedom loving people everywhere are grateful that his ass was iced.

We welcome the news of his death. We're grateful it was quick and clean. Muslims should be grateful that the USA had the good taste to dispose of OBL's odious corpse in accordance with their bronze age traditions.

It's easy to score cheap points off the USA. It's not very intelligent, but it's very easy.

MtD

Offline denb45

« Reply #243 on: May 04, 2011, 09:07:38 am »
I'm sorry Dennis but that's just appalling. As someone who has been the subject of physical abuse and harassment by the police for the outrageous crime of being gay I find that stuff pretty offensive.

But let me say that I think you're just mouthing off. Being a bit of an internet hero. My guess is that during your uniformed career you never fired a shot outside of the range.

MtD

Well, I'm sorry you were harassed for being gay, that's too bad it happened to you that way, but not everyone thinks this way and does this type of thing, that was just a job for me, it didn't define who & what I was and who I'am today...

and to answer you question about ever shooting @ someone outside of a shooting range YES I have, but I didn't kill them, and as for being harassed on the fob as being gay/bi
they knew about me, and I was somewhat out, but, nobody really cared about that....

I was liked for doing my job and NOT my sexually, in the jail I was the one who was put with all of the gays, cause I was able to talk to them, and guess what, they listened to me, no other officers would ever dare do any of this, but they had to do it, as they found out I was good@ THIS  ;)

You must never assume that everything is one way or that black & white, cut & dry, what happened to you SUCKED, so I can understand your feeling about all of this, keep in mind tho, everyone is different in
the way they think, act & feel about stuff at any giving time, again I'm sorry if I somehow offended you
and I do hope that you take this as such  :-*
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 09:17:43 am by denb45 »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #244 on: May 04, 2011, 09:19:56 am »
Well, I'm sorry you were harassed for being gay, that's too bad it happened to you that way, but not everyone thinks this way and does this type of thing, that was just a job for me, it didn't define who & what I was and who I'am today...

and to answer you question about ever shooting @ someone outside of a shooting range YES I have, but I didn't kill them, and as for being harassed on the fob as being gay/bi
they knew about me, and I was somewhat out, but, nobody really cared about that....

I was liked for doing my job and NOT my sexually, in the jail I was the one who was put with all of the gays, cause I was able to talk to them, and guess what, they listened to me, no other officers would ever dare do any of this, but they had to do it, as they found out I was good@ THIS  ;)

Fucking words.  >:(

You're like every gutless coward copper I've ever met. Once isolated and held to his words he blubbers like the great sack of shit that he is.

For the benefit of the record you said:

For REAL what's with all this koombayah SHIT I'm glad the motherfucker is DEAD too   ;D I'm an ex cop, and we used to shoot & kill douche bag criminals just to save the tax payer's the money........

Account for what you said. Prove you're a man. To me it seems like you're a murdering prick.

But let us not sully this thread with a hijack.

If you want to defend your words, why don't we start another thread and have this out?

Stop hiding behind your uniform.

MtD

Offline denb45

« Reply #245 on: May 04, 2011, 09:27:54 am »
Fucking words.  >:(

For the benefit of the record you said:

Account for what you said. Prove you're a man. To me it seems like you're a murdering prick.

But let us not sully this thread with a hijack.

If you want to defend your words, why don't we start another thread and have this out?

Stop hiding behind your uniform.

MtD

That is what we used to say, as a joke, we never really did this or thought this way, it was locker room & shower humor, you of all people should know this Matty, yes let's not hijack this thread, I agree, I don't need to defend myself to anyone here, it's all good to me  ;)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #246 on: May 04, 2011, 09:45:40 am »
That is what we used to say, as a joke, we never really did this or thought this way, it was locker room & shower humor, you of all people should know this Matty, yes let's not hijack this thread, I agree, I don't need to defend myself to anyone here, it's all good to me  ;)

You think joking about shooting people is "locker room humour"?

You vile thing.

Don't you ever presume to tell me what I should know.

You're a fucking disgrace. Not just to gay kind. Not just to positive folks.

You're a disgrace to the species.

And, for what it's worth, I wouldn't piss down your throat if your lungs were on fire.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #247 on: May 04, 2011, 09:55:41 am »
OK, Matty. I get very clearly where you're at. And with very understandable reasons.

But you know we don't tolerate attacks here. Now that you have had your say, let's all continue on with what is clearly a powerful thread for so many.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Andy Velez

Offline denb45

« Reply #248 on: May 04, 2011, 09:56:03 am »
You think joking about shooting people is "locker room humour"?

You vile thing.

Don't you ever presume to tell me what I should know.

You're a fucking disgrace. Not just to gay kind. Not just to positive folks.

You're a disgrace to the species.

And, for what it's worth, I wouldn't piss down your throat if your lungs were on fire.

MtD

And your a train-wreck, but I must admit, I just can't look away form this  train-wreck, matty I do love your humor, it's too bad that you don't get any of mine, but yet you want everyone to get yours, can we all get along here   RODNEY KING  93   :-* you can hate me if you want , but I still love you tho  :-*

Thank you andy   :-*

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #249 on: May 04, 2011, 10:31:01 am »
And your a train-wreck, but I must admit, I just can't look away form this  train-wreck, matty I do love your humor, it's too bad that you don't get any of mine, but yet you want everyone to get yours, can we all get along here   RODNEY KING  93   :-* you can hate me if you want , but I still love you tho  :-*

Thank you andy   :-*

Den, you come back and call Matty a "train-wreck" after Andy just warned him about attacks? I know you saw Andy's warning because you thanked him.

And don't even think about saying the remark was a joke. Even if it was, it surely was not appropriate after Andy's warning.

Consider yourself warned too.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.