Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:05:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 231
Total: 232

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Are these ARS?  (Read 14037 times)

Offline confused811

Are these ARS?
« on: November 01, 2009, 12:45:43 pm »
Almost five weeks back (on 9/22/2009) I went to a strip club. There I took a strip dance from one dancer. She has given dance to another person before me. After min 3 minutes she gave me the dance.

During dance, she gave me handjob and I came on her hand. She might have done same with previous person. During dance I have touched her, licked her breast. It is also possible that previous person had done same. In that case I might have licked saliva of the previous person. I could not find any cut on her hand or body.   

I did not have any cut on me pennis. I had a small cut on my face. But no blood on it. Only body fluid contact might happned was sweat from her body in that spot. During the whole hand job she did not touched her vegina and I also did not touched her vegina. I took a very good bath after about 40 min.

After few days I got some resh on my hands. After few days 1st lot disapper and few new arrived. Like that it happend for 3/4 times. First started with left hand and then it moved to right. Now I saw some on my legs also. It is still happning (after 5 weeks).

I got stomach problem on 28th Oct 2009 and stayed for 1 day. Next day I had sever acidity. It is still there. But lot less. I did not lose any apetite/weight. On the reverse now I am eating more.

I got some throat problem 2 days back (28/29th). I also got some caugh and cold. There is a scratchiness in the throat. Other than that I have very nominal itchy fealing in my body including my genetal.

I am not using any medicine and did not use any medicine for any of the above.

I have following questions:

1. Is there any risk of HIV?
2. Any other STD from this incident?
3. Is there any risk from previous man's sinom? The gap between 2 handjobs were atleast 2 min. (Mainly this one is killing me.) -- I am worried with only this question. If you can put little details for it.
4. How long do I need to wait to make sure I don't have any STD if answer to question 2 is 'Yes'?
5. Do I need to have HIV testing?
6. Can I have sex freely (mentally and without condom) with my wife? I have told her all the details. And she is telling I just need to forget it. Still I did not have sex with her.

I have read all the posting relating with hand job. Some of them are telling it is low risk and some no risk. I want to know I am at no-risk/low-risk for HIV. I need your help. Please help me.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Could you please help
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 12:55:30 pm »
Confused,

1. Absolutely NOT. None of what you describe is even a remote risk for hiv infection. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies. Once hiv finds itself outside the body, small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. Not one person has ever been infected in any of the ways you're worried about and you will NOT be the first.

2. Not really. Some STIs like herpes and syphilis rely on skin-to-skin contact, but it's highly unlikely you were infected by ANYTHING except perhaps the common cold or flu during your close contact with this woman. However, we only concentrate on hiv here, if you have further STI questions, see your doctor.

3. Absolutely NO hiv risk from a third party. See reply #1 above. Doubtful risk for other STIs from a third party, see reply #2 above.

4. Ten days to two weeks for most STIs, three months for syphilis. Again, if you have further STI questions, see your doctor.

5. Absolutely not in relation to the lapdance.

6. I don't see why you can't have sex with your wife.

You've NEVER seen a reply on this forum that says getting a handjob is a low risk for hiv infection, because handjobs are NOT a risk for hiv infection. Not one person has EVER been infected through a handjob and you are NOT going to be the first. You may have read this handjob=low risk garbage on some other website, but you have NOT read it here. No way, no how.

You did not have a risk for hiv infection and you do not need to test in relation to your lapdance/handjob experience.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline confused811

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 09:28:16 pm »
Thank you Ann!! I am very greatful for your reply. Thanks for the great work you are doing.

I was little worried because of recent helth problem. Some of them were like ARS. But ur reply helped me.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 10:13:36 pm »
Confused,

You're welcome. It's time you got on with your life following this no risk incident.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline confused811

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 10:41:14 am »
Hi Ann, I have one more question. Does smoking has any impact on ARS? Is there any impact of smoking on testing? I want to ask if smoking reduce the antibody generation.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 10:53:03 am »
No, smoking is not a factor in having any impact on ARS or on an HIV test result.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 10:54:26 am »
Confused,

Smoking has absolutely no impact on testing or antibody production.

You're not going to produce any hiv antibodies anyway as you did NOT have a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline confused811

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 11:21:36 am »
Thank both of you. To be very honest with you I am very worried. I am not able to find anyway to keep this irrational fear out of my mind. Along with that very recently I had few problems like ARS (e.g. trought problem, sleeping too much, gland problem etc. Thank GOD no fever.) I don't know if you have any advise for me (but I am not expecting it; but if you have please provide) I am very much greatful to you for your advice. And keep up the good work.

One more question, is there anyway I can help your effort?

Thanks again for answering my questions. 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 01:14:30 pm »
The best thing you can do for all concerned is to take a breath, let go of this unwarranted drama and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline confused811

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 11:33:04 am »
Hi Ann,

Could you please check it. After reading it I am worried. Hope this is not same as my case...

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Current/Q204857.html

===== Details =====
Dear merciful Dr. Bob,

I'm sincerely waiting for your comment regarding my post on 30/11/09 under the same nickname (title: is it risk of hiv? is diarrhoea alone symtoms of ars?). Please you're the only one I can rely on right now......I do need some advice from you as I'm constantly thinking over the issue, making questionable hyopthesis and thus creating enormous anxiety that I can hardly stand. Pls pls pls do give me some words......

Worriedwreck

Could i get HIV in this way?is diarrhoea alone a symtom? (Submitted Oct 30, 2009)

Dear Dr Bob,

I was trying not to add to your busy workloads, but that really scared me to death. So here is my thing. I've encountered a male with unknown HIV status and have given him a brief blowjob b4 he cummed in the air. But then he fingered me briefly for some 10-20 seconds with his cum-filled finger almost right after he cummed. But the point is i've long got a hemorrhoids problem with me and it constantly has a little bleeding esp. when everytime i stool. So my Q1 is wt's my risk level to be infected by HIV by that cum-filled fingering if he's unfortunately a HIV+?

Secondly, I got a mild diarrhoea problem 25 days after that incident, which last for exceptionally long until now, i.e. 8 days or more. The stools are in normal frequency like once every 1.5 days, but it is half fluid-and-solid, better or worst sometimes. Except that, I've got no fever nor sore throat nore rash thing but a tiny sore in my mouth days b4 the diarrhoea which cured itself so i think its unrelated. So my Q2 is do you think this diarrhoea thing (or possibly the sore b4) related to ARS? (p.s. i was treated with Doxycycline coz I caught some ureter inflammation from that event, which adds to my anxiety too, but stopped 10 days b4 the diarrhoea. Do you think they are related?)

I'm so terribly nervous and worry right now which makes me can't concentrate on my work. Would head to a test next week (i.e. 39 days after the incident), but my Q3 is do you think a 3rd or 4th generation ELIZA at 39 days give me a significant insight of my status, say more than 90%? (i know it takes 3 months to be conclusive, but i just can't wait that long)

Thank you so much for your advice Dr. Bob and i definitely needs your good luck karma. Please also let me give you my heartfelt appreciation for all the life-saving gd work u've been doing, plus my coming up donation.

Worriedwreck

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Worried Wreck,

1. Unprotected receptive oral sex without ejaculation carries only a very how risk for HIV acquisition. However, getting fingered with a "cum-filled finger" could potentially transfer fresh spunk into your backdoor. This could be a significant HIV risk if your partner were "positively charged" (so to speak). Bleeding hemorrhoids further increase this risk somewhat.

2. I do not believe your diarrhea is HIV ARS-related.

3. There is no way for me to give you a statistical estimate of what a negative 39-day HIV ELISA test means, because as you note, the test is not considered conclusive until the three-month mark. The best I can offer is that the vast majority of folks who are HIV infected will have detectable levels of anti-HIV antibodies in their blood within four to six weeks following primary HIV infection. Consequently, a negative HIV ELISA at 39 days would be encouraging, but not conclusive.

Thank you for your interest in making a tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). It's urgently needed and warmly appreciated. In return, I'm sending you my good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive HIV test is negative.

Good luck.

=========

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 08:44:53 am »
confused,

The questions and answer session you bring to us from another website has NOTHING to do with you. Receptive blowjob means a blowjob that you are GIVING, not getting. You receive the penis into YOUR mouth. You didn't do that. You got your dick sucked, which is not a risk for hiv infection, now get over it.

Keep coming back with this no risk stuff and you'll be given a time out. If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline confused811

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 09:34:08 am »
Thank you Ann and sorry for it.

What I wanted to ask in the answer doctor has written following:

"However, getting fingered with a "cum-filled finger" could potentially transfer fresh spunk into your backdoor. This could be a significant HIV risk if your partner were "positively charged" (so to speak). Bleeding hemorrhoids further increase this risk somewhat."

I thought fingerring is also one kind of mutual musturbetion. (I maybe wrong.) In that case this should be no-risk. May be fresh makes the diff. Could you please clerify. 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 10:24:58 am by confused811 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 10:33:10 am »
confused,

Dr Bob is well known for being ultra-conservative when it comes to assessing hiv risks. Fingering with cum on a finger is only a theoretical risk. Not one person has ever been proven to be infected this way and I don't expect you or anybody else to be the first. Hiv transmission just does NOT happen this way in the real world. If you live in the real world, this applies to you also.

Again, keep using this forum to fret over this NO RISK lapdance incident and you WILL be given a time out. Please consider yourself warned for the LAST time.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline confused811

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 10:50:12 am »
Thank you Ann!!

I just want to ask you one more question, in my case if there were any cum it were 2/3 min old. Is there any possibility? Just asking for your reassurance. I will not post any more questions.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 11:02:11 am »
No, no, no! No risk! Period. End of story.

If you come back again with this same unwarranted concern you will geta 28 day Time Out.

Stop the drama and get on with your life. You have absolutely no cause for concern about HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline confused811

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2009, 11:10:01 am »
Thanks Andy!!

Offline confused811

Testing after six weeks
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 11:21:44 am »
In general how reliable the result after 6 weeks? (Like 80%, 90% or more...) For a normal person without any known problem with immunity system, or not using any medicine. Or too much tension has an impact. Does smoking have any impact on it?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Testing after six weeks
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 11:56:48 am »
confused,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You've already been told that smoking will not affect hiv antibody test results. Neither will tension.

Have you listened to a single thing we've said to you? You haven't been at risk and you don't need to test over this incident. You can test anytime for a reliable result.

I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline confused811

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 01:37:47 pm »
Thank you Ann and I am really sorry.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 04:14:39 pm »
OK.

And now get on with your life!
Andy Velez

Offline confused811

Are these ARS?
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 01:04:48 pm »
First I want to thank you for your great work. You have helped me a lot when I have asked about my sitution.

This time I am going to ask for a friend. She had an unprocted sex. After 3 weeks (1/17/10) of that she had fever, sore throat, headach, cough and cold. She took some medicine it. The fever disapperied in one night. But shore throat and cough and cold stayed about 4-5 days. The shore throat normally came during night and went in the morning. And daytime it was fine. It was about 4/5 days.

After 4 days (1/21/10) of fever she had eye discharge which stayed about 2 days.

1. Are these can be ARS?
2. Do all the ARS stay for the same amount of time?
3. Can medicine reduce the duration of ARS?

Obviouly I will ask her to go for a testing after 3 months. But answers to these questions may guide her.

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

Re: Are these ARS?
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 01:08:20 pm »
Return to your original thread. Take the time to read the posting guidelines.

Offline confused811

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 01:12:39 pm »
Thank you Rapid. This is not about me. So, I have created a new thread. I don't know how to marge it with my old one.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 02:43:34 pm »
You cannot merge this thread with your original thread.  A moderator will do that.

Also, we do not answer questions you might ask on behalf of another. If your friend wants our advice you should encourage her to create an account of her own and ask her questions herself.

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and familiarise yourself with the posting guidelines.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 06:58:56 pm »
Con,

I've merged your threads.

Your friend has had a risk and needs to test at the appropriate time. However, none of the symptoms you list are hiv-specific. Neither symptoms nor the lack of symptoms will tell you a single thing about your hiv status, only testing will.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline confused811

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2010, 01:11:00 am »
Thank you Ann. Testing after 3 months will be fine. Right?

Offline confused811

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 01:13:22 am »
Or need testing after 6 months. Here the test center ask to come back for testing after 6 months also.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 01:34:03 am »
con,

The window period for hiv testing is three months and has been three months for years now.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline confused811

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2010, 01:37:42 am »
Thank you Ann!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.