Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Intro Violetta - tested Positive 1 Day Ago

(1/3) > >>

Violetta:
My status was confirmed today in the hospital and doing a blood test. I did a rapid test day before yesterday and it was positive, I couldn’t believe it because I don’t have any symptoms. But went for confirmation today and it’s positive. I so devastated, disappointed in myself and scared of going into depression have been crying since and can’t eat. Don’t have any support system because if I tell my family and friends they will be disappointed and ashamed of me and isolating from me. No one will want to be in the same room with me again or eat from the plate I have use. Then I will be all alone. Am so scare. I don’t know what to do. Am just 25yrs old in my final year in the university. How do I get past this.?? I had a bright future but I ruined it.
The doctor said I should come tomorrow to book an appointment and start my treatment.

Jim Allen:
Hiya.

As you are new here I have split your post into its own thread. Sorry to hear about the reactive result on Friday. What blood test did they run to confirm?

--- Quote ---I had a bright future but I ruined it.
--- End quote ---

Why would HIV change that?

Violetta:

--- Quote from: Jim Allen on January 29, 2023, 09:22:22 am ---Hiya.

As you are new here I have split your post into its own thread. Sorry to hear about the reactive result on Friday. What blood test did they run to confirm?

Rvs
--- End quote ---

Violetta:
Rvs - positive

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

Sorry to hear about the reactive result, for the time being I am going to ask you to only post in this one thread and members can reply to you here.

Glad to hear that you are able to get a follow-up appointment and will have access to treatment. With treatment HIV can be very manageable and not a roadblock to having a bright future.

As for family and friends, you are still digesting the idea of living with HIV yourself and there is no rush or need to tell them of you don't want to share this information with them.  Take the time to get your own head around this first and have the follow up appointments with your doctor.

Take it easy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version