Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:56:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 599
Total: 599

Author Topic: Old Man on New Ventures  (Read 6931 times)

Offline goraghoda

Old Man on New Ventures
« on: June 25, 2021, 04:26:19 am »
Hi All,

This is my first post on this forum.  :)

Brief Introduction: Straight Male in late 40s who loves to workout and keep fit. I have no pre-existing illness (sexual or otherwise). Never had any sexual encounters outside marriage, never needed it until now. But times change, situations change and I am ready to use paid services, which I never thought I will need ever.

But at the same time I am super scared by all the diseases, HIV, STDs.

Abstinence is what I have been following for some time now, but I want to know if there are any more assuring ways to be protected while having vaginal intercourse?

Can condom (for HIV and STDs) + latex underpants (for STDs), something like this help?

https://www.amazon.com/EXLATEX-Underwear-Ultra-thin-Adjustable-G-string/dp/B0787YXNTW?th=1&psc=1

I have never used condom before, but will touching the condom after the intercourse when vaginal fluids are still on it, give you STDs?

I also read about PReP. Say if I am going once every week or once every month, what schedule PReP should I be on? Is it continuous? Event based? Any side effects with PReP long term use?

I have so many questions. Thanks for taking time to reply to my queries.
GG

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Old Man on New Ventures
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 08:05:08 am »
Hiya,

So you could consider PrEP on-demand as an additional layer of HIV prevention but need to discuss this with your healthcare provider.

It involves taking two tablets 2 to 24 hours before engaging in sex, taking a single pill 24 hours after the first two, and another pill 24 hours after that. As for side effects, long term from PrEP is extremely rare, and routine blood work and check-ups to detect any issues early should be part of a good PrEP routine.

Regarding condoms, HIV can't transmit through an intact latex or polyurethane condom. However, Condoms can break, though it's obvious when that happens. It's caused mainly by incorrect usage, so use them consistently and correctly to reduce your risks.

Condoms can also reduce the risks of STI's. However, the levels of protection for various STIs, depends significantly on differences in how the diseases or infections are transmitted. Some infections (Not HIV) are transmitted primarily by skin-to-skin contact or viral shredding ect which may infect areas not covered by a condom, such as genital herpes, human papillomavirus [HPV], etc.

So get STI screenings regularly if you are sexually active and at least yearly. As for the latex underwear, I am unaware of any data showing any benefits from this product, and you would look like a total tit wearing it.

Correct condom usage in short; Use approved condoms, check for a certification mark (FDA, CE, ISO or Kitemark) as it means the condom complies with safety standards. Check the expiry date and make sure the condom is still within date.

Use lubricant, condom safe water-based lubricants makes condoms more comfortable and reduces the risk of breakage. – but avoid oil-based lubricants as they can weaken or break condoms.

As for putting the condom on correctly:

Incorrectly done, the risk of breakage can increase. Place the condom on top of the erect penis and pinch the teat at the end of the condom before you start to roll it down the penis. By doing this, you'll squeeze out any air bubbles and ensure there is room for the semen (cum). Roll the condom down to the base of the penis.

If it's on correctly, it will roll downwards easily. If you've started putting it on the wrong way, take it off, and even if you or your partner has not ejaculated (cum), there can still be semen or (pre-cum), so it's important to try again with a new condom. (More to do with risks from other STI's/pregancy than anything else)

Never had any sexual encounters outside marriage

So keep in mind that if you have been sexually active, you could have an STI or HIV without any symptoms, so do get tested.

Unsure from your post about your current relationship status. However, I'll mention the same thing I do for anyone. That is if you engage in condomless intercourse with your partner (even if it's in a relationship) you are obviously at risk of acquiring HIV. Often within relationships, condomless sex is based on trust or past test results, however, this does not prevent HIV, and any condomless intercourse is accepting the greater risk of acquiring HIV.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.