Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:58:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 450
Total: 452

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread part 1. 2009 "HAPPY NEW YEAR, YOU ALL ARE SO DEAR'  (Read 49751 times)

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
Re: Ladies Thread part 1. 2009 "HAPPY NEW YEAR, YOU ALL ARE SO DEAR'
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2009, 05:55:11 am »
I read about Kate's passing and have to admit, I sat here and cried. I did not know her well but I know she was a very nice lady and it made me sad to know she was gone.                                                            Not much going on, I have been up since around 4  , finally got out of bed at 5 and here I am.                                        Queen, you go girl, 3 fellas.  You are a beautiful, wonderful lady and deserve all the attention you want.                                                                                             Damnit, I keep finding duds. I started talking to one I meet off of poz personals and we were really clicking but then he told me he has HepC and HIV type 2. I am not really worried about the HEp C but the HIV 2 is gonna put a stop to the whole thing. Several people On LW(I made a thread asking for info about Type 2) gave me some good places to go to research it and from what I understand, it is very hard to treat so I am gonna have to find a nice way to tell him , No Thank you. I asked him how he managed to catch a type of HIV that is most common in Africa and he said he had HIV 1 and it mutated. Which I think is bullshit, everything I read says you start out with this strain, it does not mutate from HIV1. Oh well.                                                                                  WE got a light dusting of snow. Not even enough to cover the ground but enough for people around here to act like fools when they drive.                                                                            Poor Camms, I would hate to have scabies, I'm glad they finally diagnosed it correctly and you got rid of it. BTW, I love your profile picture, you are so pretty.                                                   Betty, I hope you are staying inside safe and warm. Thanks for your reply in my LW thread, I am not gonna risk catching HIV2 from that man , no matter how much I liked him. He even liked Tarantulas ;D. Thanks Minismum, We have some construction paper and I will try your suggestion with him. Mostly he has problems with his spacing and writing very sloppy but I think he will be fine. He is really sick so we probably won't make the meeting tomorrow.                     Guess I better go. Hope everyone has a warm and safe day.     Cristy

tendai

« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2009, 08:02:28 am »
Hie ladies

Gosh its awful about Kate. Man...

Snow - I'll definitely be watching Rock Bama onTV today. They're broadcasting live at 6pm our time.  It is pretty exciting...i hope it wont be too exciting for the wrong reasons. fingers crossed.  I had to laugh, your poor SO being assaulted in his sleep, sure u dint have any anger issues yu havent dealt with?  ;D

Queen - i'd imagined you hurling Lucifer into the snow like a protester would throw a brick at riot police shields  :D Hope your man's leg recovers soon. 3 guys, girl u on a roll..

veritee - i'm so sorry about your mom. may she rest in peace. and i can imagine how awful it must have been for u raising your daughter practically alone. i have a sister whose husband works in a neighbouring country and only gets to see him once a year when he comes for christmas. i was amazed when she said their son had no problem recognising his dad like he was always there. at least u got the feelings out

Camms - great picture. good to know things are going well with you

Betty - i dont know how u guys survive in those temperatures...My place has no ceiling, its built with these concrete slabs used to build security walls around here so theres gaps between the top of the wall and the asbestos roof stuffed with paper. Anyway i only got 2 more weeks left then im out of there.

Mum - i watched a performance by these deaf children from South Africa, talking or signing about how how they lost their mother to AIDS.  It was really touching. And rather depressing. I hate to be reminded that i could die from it one day regardless of the medication and all.

i feel totally shitty today. i keep waking up with bites all over me. could be spiders or something, they dont look like mosquito bites, they're too big and they itch like mad.  plus i got this rash in my armpit which i had thought was pre-menstrual but i've had it for weeks and weeks and it also itches like mad. throw in some heartburn, weird shooting pains in my fingers and a painful newly braided scalp and its fun-time. wish my boss had some elixir hidden away in his bag, i'd love him forever.  need a good scrubbing both inside and out ;D
on a more hopeful note our stupid leaders are meeting for more "talks" again. yeah right, they probably scared that if they dint have anything sorted by the time Obama is sworn in they'll miss out or something ::) idiots

later ladies

Offline camille07

« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2009, 08:28:34 am »
Queen,Giddiness is good.  You deserve all the attention. :)

Camms

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2009, 08:58:54 am »
Morning ladies,

Keeping, I believe Kate had kidney failure.  She'd been ill for months.

Queen, 3 men?  Wow, how do you handle all of them? :)  You go.  I hope you have fun with each one of them.

Cristy, I wouldn't believe that guy about the HIV1 mutating into the HIV2 either.  It sounds like he's desperate to find someone and is willing to tell them anything.  You deserve much better than that.

Tendai, please take care of your rash and bites.  I hate being itchy.  I didn't know you don't have a roof.  I hope you get to move very soon; I'm sure you're anxious as well.

It's 4F here this morning.  At least it's not below 0.  I'm supposed to go to a friend's to watch the swearing-in of Obama at noon.  I also have to go to my school to get the biology homework from last week that I missed.  Which means I'll probably be doing that when I get home from my friend's (in between watching the goings-on in Washington).  I can't wait to see what Michelle's going to be wearing to the balls tonight.  I'm sure she won't disappoint.

I'm still very sad about Kate.  It's just not fair.  That makes the 3rd person I've known in the last 3 years to die who had AIDS.  They've all been tragic losses.  The world was much better with them in it.

Nothing planned other than the above.  You ladies have a good inauguration day.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2009, 05:07:19 pm »
Hey Ladies-----

Funny thing isn't it? At the moment, it is 2 and a possible. It seems that I manage due to their schedules. At the moment, Sexy is off from work, he works construction----off season. Not sure where Rey works but knows he works a lot of split shifts. So, they pretty much get with me and I sit back and chill. I must admit that I am loving the attention... ;)

Didn't do much today just peeped parts of the inauguration. And somebody should've told Aretha no on that big ass bow on the hat she was wearing...OMG!!!!! Was it just me or did Obama have a swagger to him when he was coming down the hallway? But I was grinning from ear to ear....No more Bush and dumb ass Bushisms of his.

I talked with Jeff roday and his sister has officially passed. They turned off the machine last night. I was invited to come to the funeral. I have never gone to one and really have nothing to wear. My wardrobe consist of jeans and t-shirts. I'm gonna have to work on that but I never really buy myself anything nice because I never go anywhere. And it's not like I could say no.

At the moment, I am waiting on my chicken breasts to thaw out so I can eat. I'll check back later.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2009, 06:52:37 pm »
Good evening, ladies!  My brain is still on emotional overload.  Jumpy and ill-focused.  I got up early to get supper ready (yeah, I know).  Anyway, got the roast, potatoes, carrots, onions, fresh garlic, and au joir sauce in the crockpot to cook for a good 10 hours.  Came up at noon to fix the kids' lunch and wondered why I wasnt' smelling the roast cooking.  Duh, I forgot to turn the crockpot on!  I turned it on and will turn it off before I go to bed.  Fridge it overnight, then put it low for a bit tomorrow.  Tonight, we had sandwiches. 

Other than that, laundry, breathing treatments (again), and the kids' school, I managed not to get much accomplished.  Maybe tomorrow.

Mum

www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline vivyt

« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2009, 09:11:48 pm »
Good evening ladies. I am sorry to hear about the friend of all of you, Kate. I do not know who she is but it is definitely sad when someone with this disease dies. Was the kidney failrue due to HIV?

Well, today was a day filled with so much information! On Friday of last week we researched the history of the Presidential Inauguration and all the components of the day. We did all this in preparation to the actual inauguration and to complete a project. Today we watched it and the kids were pretty excited. It was cute how they would ask questions about things meant. During Obama's speech whenever people in the audience clapped so did some of the students. They didn't even know what they were clapping at. It was funny. Had my therapy session today and it was emotional so of course after I went and got a cheeseburger. I need to find another outlet.

Have a good evening ladies!!!!

Offline Veritee

• Post Natal Illness Support
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2009, 11:03:37 pm »
I just wanted to say to those of you in the US congratulations on your new president.

Our TV screens and news has been about nothing else

I do not know how you all feel about it, but for me whatever sort of president he proves to be as someone who was brough up in the 50s and while it was never that great here either re equality and race, even as a young girl I was always appalled at the violence this lead to in America - and of course I lived through our own race riots too when I lived in South London in the 1970s , and the end of apartheid and white rule in Africa so to have a black president feels like a milestone for the world to me.

Here they are calling today a new day for the world.
And something I never thought I would live to see.

Go Bama

Veritee
I have a blog here, please do not judge me on what I say here- I need to offload and this is where I do it: http://hiv-and-us.blogspot.com/

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2009, 11:56:04 pm »
Just popping in to say that someone should consider starting a new thread. We are past 100 posts...Yeah, I think Obama was on a lot of tv sets today. Change is good. I think I am about to go to bed. I am very tired....Night..
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2009, 10:07:35 am »
Consider this thread closed.  Please put all new comments in thread #53.  (thanks)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.