Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:58:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 382
Total: 382

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Scotch, not very neat  (Read 24204 times)

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
Scotch, not very neat
« on: March 02, 2013, 10:56:12 am »
6,000 gallons of Scotch whiskey (or I believe they spell it "whisky" in Scotland) accidentally poured down the drain:

http://www.latimes.com/features/food/dailydish/la-dd-food-fyi-thousands-of-gallons-of-whisky-flushed-down-the-drain-20130301,0,7273467.story

What a waste.  Perhaps one of our members here from Scotland could tell us how such a tragedy might happen.   ;)   Were the workers nipping at the scotch, before the turned the wrong valve?

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
Re: Scotch, not very neat
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 03:26:41 pm »
I'm not much of a Scotch drinker so I'm not bothered by this too much. I'd be crying If it was Bourbon. :(

Isn't Chivas Regal one of the more pricier brands? I actually had Johnny Walker black once but had to mix it with Dr. Pepper to get it down. Scotch always tastes like tape to me, like scotch tape. It's definitely an acquired taste.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 03:57:48 pm »
Scotch always tastes like tape to me, like scotch tape. It's definitely an acquired taste.

-Will

Give me my Whisky and I'm a happy man  :D

HUGS

DEN  :)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 04:14:10 pm »
6,000 gallons of Scotch whiskey (or I believe they spell it "whisky" in Scotland) accidentally poured down the drain:

http://www.latimes.com/features/food/dailydish/la-dd-food-fyi-thousands-of-gallons-of-whisky-flushed-down-the-drain-20130301,0,7273467.story

What a waste.  Perhaps one of our members here from Scotland could tell us how such a tragedy might happen.   ;)   Were the workers nipping at the scotch, before the turned the wrong valve?

Chivas Regal was my fathers favourite tipple, God! if he were here today he would have rounded up the villagers with flaming torches and battle gear and stormed the place, those poor night shift workers wouldn't have stood a chance.

I worked in a hospital not far from the Dumbarton Distillery, never smelt the whisly though, all we could hear were the Geese they had guarding the place, they still have them there.

The only way a worker could grab a wee nip is if they were working there as a qualified taster..I think my dad sent in an application once, but he was refused on the ground he would always get into a fight after a few.... ;D

That really would have cost the Distillary a lot of money, Chivas and Ballentines are two of their best products, so heads will roll.

I think it was just a accident, someone not concentrating on the job and turned the wrong tap to clean out the vats,  it doesn't get into the river Leven, but watching drunk fish party all night would be a sight to see.. ;)

Aroha
Jan :-*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 04:18:50 pm »

Isn't Chivas Regal one of the more pricier brands? I actually had Johnny Walker black once but had to mix it with Dr. Pepper to get it down. Scotch always tastes like tape to me, like scotch tape. It's definitely an acquired taste.

-Will

My dad would have had your balls if he knew you were mixing 'stuff' with one of his favourite whisky's, I hope he's not watching to closely over me because he would be turning in his grave right now.. ;)

Aroha

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 05:47:29 pm »

I actually had Johnny Walker black once but had to mix it with Dr. Pepper to get it down.

My dad would have had your balls if he knew you were mixing 'stuff' with one of his favourite whisky's, I hope he's not watching to closely over me because he would be turning in his grave right now.. ;)

Aroha

Hell, Jan, never mind your dad, I'll have his guts for garters if I so much as hear a whisper of him mixing Dr Pepper (of all the vile things!) with Johnny Walker Black Label again. It's sacrilege. I guess that what happens when you cast pearls before swine. 

The only thing that belongs in a good scotch is an ice cube an maybe a drop or two of cold water. (Known as a "scotch and threat" - the threat being the added water/ice is only a wee threat, not a deluge.) Even that is pushing it.

I drink my cheap and cheerful blended scotch with a bit of ice and generous dollop of cold water, but that's blended scotch, not top-shelf goodies. But that's probably something you imbibers of sickly sweet mixed drinks cannot fathom.

The only thing coke (or DP) has any right to be mixed with is rum (dark or Jamaican) or vodka.

I cut my teeth on Jim Beam bourbon when I was learning how to drink in a blues club in the early 80s. I still have the occasional bourbon when the mood strikes, but I find it too sweet for my liking now that I'm in my dotage. Never did like Jack Daniels bourbon - much too sickly sweet. Sweet alcoholic drinks are for kiddies with an undeveloped palate.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 05:58:58 pm »
Well said Ann, I'm glad someone is going after Wills balls... ;D

Dad sometimes relented and added a wee bit of good spring water to his tipple, but normally he only drank it straight with a wee beer chaser.

Aroha

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 06:04:03 pm »
Well said Ann, I'm glad someone is going after Wills balls... ;D

It's a tough job, but someone has to stop him from desecrating top-shelf scotch.

Dad sometimes relented and added a wee bit of good spring water to his tipple, but normally he only drank it straight with a wee beer chaser.

Aroha

That's how I learned to drink bourbon - not with water, but with a beer chaser. You'd get your bourbon in a shot glass that you downed in one while still standing at the bar, then you'd pick up your bottle of beer and wander back into the crowd to watch the band. Good times.

The most I ever put into a top-shelf scotch is a small ice cube - think "ice chip" instead of big bulky cube. And the ice has to go into the glass first. It's the law.

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 06:11:14 pm »
You'd get your bourbon in a shot glass that you downed in one while still standing at the bar, then you'd pick up your bottle of beer and wander back into the crowd to watch the band. Good times.

That's how Dad drank his Chivas, only my dad was deaf so band or no band, it didn't matter to him, he never left the bar,.... ;D

Aroha

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 06:29:26 pm »
That's how Dad drank his Chivas, only my dad was deaf so band or no band, it didn't matter to him, he never left the bar,.... ;D

Aroha

Sounds like a man after my own heart (Frank too) now that I'm too old and cranky to go to pubs where they have live music. Makes it too hard for the bar staff to hear your order.  Mind you, in the pubs I normally frequent, they know what we drink. And we do drink the same thing - only he foregoes the ice. :) 

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 11:21:24 pm »
If you want to try a great scotch, try Johnny Walker Blue.  I'm more of a red fan myself and you never, ever, ever, add anything to scotch or whiskey, other than water in whatever form.

Joe

Offline britchick

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 08:38:42 am »
Im Scottish...I love any whisky!!!!!!!!
My  dad who sadly passed away had the best collection ever.
The infamous whisky  distillery spillage got a mention on "Saturday Takeaway" tv show last night!!!!!!!!

Anyone remember the old film  "Whisky Galore?"....about all of the whisky barrels washing up on a scottish island?!!!!!

I also like Irish whisky(Jameson's).As for Jack Daniels.......the memories......!!!!!!!!My drink of choice in my twenties.Can only manage 1 or 2 now...not the whole bottle and then some!!!!!!!!!

Britchickx

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 10:34:04 am »

Hell, Jan, never mind your dad, I'll have his guts for garters if I so much as hear a whisper of him mixing Dr Pepper (of all the vile things!) with Johnny Walker Black Label again. It's sacrilege. I guess that what happens when you cast pearls before swine. 

You sound like RAB who flipped out when I mixed some Pepsi in my Makers Mark in D.C...but that was out of necessity as I was so tooted that night that I had to start diluting my whiskey with something :P

You'd get your bourbon in a shot glass that you downed in one while still standing at the bar, then you'd pick up your bottle of beer and wander back into the crowd to watch the band. Good times.

YES! this is how I do it out at the clubs. but the chaser has to be a Dos Equis w/lime
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 05:01:12 pm »
Just in time for Wumpella -- Almost Guacamole And Canned Scotch Season

"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 07:34:00 pm »
Just in time for Wumpella -- Almost Guacamole And Canned Scotch Season

Even a drunken Jock wouldn't stoop to that... ;)

Aroha

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 08:23:23 am »
I'm a Johnny Walker Red guy usually (during cold months) but of late I've been enjoying Glenlivet. The aroma just floats outa the glass calling to me --- swallow me, swallow me...and I do.

Mixed drinks = at least a headache and at worst  bouts over the bowl wanting to be put out of my misery and knowing from experience there is no short cut to recovery.   

That whiskey can with bits on top of it does definitely get queasy going.
Andy Velez

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 08:33:45 am »
I was a bartender for many years and scotch drinkers were by far the most , for lack of a better word rabid .

If they like it neat , no problem but the ones who want a splash of water fall into two categories . The first is a straight forward splash of water and the other is a the ones who likes it over ice . Scotch melts ice like no other liquor , so you must know your customer and how much ice they want because the ice is the splash ... and god have mercy on you for one cube too many . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mitch777

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 08:51:16 am »
I was a bartender for many years and scotch drinkers were by far the most , for lack of a better word rabid .

If they like it neat , no problem but the ones who want a splash of water fall into two categories . The first is a straight forward splash of water and the other is a the ones who likes it over ice . Scotch melts ice like no other liquor , so you must know your customer and how much ice they want because the ice is the splash ... and god have mercy on you for one cube too many .
my hubby was a bartender when we met.
he got me up with a splash. :)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Buckmark

• Henry's Home Page
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 09:22:02 am »

LOL -- I see myself in what you have written.  "Just a few cubes of ices, please...   NO!  Not that many!"

You sound like RAB who flipped out when I mixed some Pepsi in my Makers Mark in D.C...but that was out of necessity as I was so tooted that night that I had to start diluting my whiskey with something :P

Wumpy, please don't tell us that you also enjoy Southern Comfort.   ::)
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."

Offline denb45

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2013, 11:28:35 am »

YUMM  :P

HUGS

DEN   :D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 08:30:21 pm »

YUMM  :P

HUGS

DEN   :D

I love Bailey's over ice Den, but it goes down too well, before I know it the whole bottle is gone, the longest an open bottle ever lasted in my house was three days.  ;D

Aroha

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 09:33:24 pm »
Baileys = LOL (especially for a man!) ::)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 11:49:23 pm »

I suppose you would prefer to be seen drinking Pimms while watching the Tennis with Terrence, Cricket with Cristian, or the River Regattas with Roger and eating your French Cheese and crackers.

Aroha

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2013, 12:24:12 am »
I suppose you would prefer to be seen drinking Pimms while watching the Tennis with Terrence, Cricket with Cristian, or the River Regattas with Roger and eating your French Cheese and crackers.

Aroha

I prefer Pernod while lounging on the Côte d'Azur.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2013, 04:43:09 pm »
I prefer Pernod while lounging on the Côte d'Azur.

*Snob*

Aroha

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2013, 04:52:16 pm »

Wumpy, please don't tell us that you also enjoy Southern Comfort.   ::)

oh lord Henry, the last time I drank that was in high school.

Have you seen Jack Daniels new "Tennessee Honey" Whiskey? I think it is supposed to be like S. Comfort.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2013, 05:33:15 pm »
You queens are such plebes -- it's all about Pappy Van Winkle, aged 15, 20 or 23 years -- take your pick.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2013, 05:39:40 pm »
You queens are such plebes -- it's all about Pappy Van Winkle, aged 15, 20 or 23 years -- take your pick.

I'm going to have to try that stuff. The 23yr is $250 a bottle, anyone wanna go in?
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2013, 05:43:59 pm »
I'm going to have to try that stuff. The 23yr is $250 a bottle, anyone wanna go in?

Find somewhere that serves it by the glass -- I HAVE SUCH A PLACE MERE BLOCKS AWAY

http://statesidephilly.com/whiskeyspirits/

Offline Buckmark

• Henry's Home Page
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 11:01:49 pm »
Have you seen Jack Daniels new "Tennessee Honey" Whiskey? I think it is supposed to be like S. Comfort.

This, and Wild Turkey American Honey, seem to be rather popular lately.  I rather like the American Honey version -- you can really taste the honey.  But you have to sip it slowly.

Also, thinking back to my college daze, Yukon Jack was exceptionally popular.   Haven't had that in years -- "The Black Sheep of Canadian Liquors" as it used to be advertised.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2013, 11:50:38 pm »
Do you two smoke cigars with your bourbon? I mean, the two go hand in hand. Thank goodness Holt's cigars are a Philadelphia institution.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2013, 10:01:54 am »

33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2013, 10:52:45 am »

, Yukon Jack was exceptionally popular.   Haven't had that in years -- "The Black Sheep of Canadian Liquors" as it used to be advertised.

Oh yes! Yukon Jack really brings back the memories!

Do you two smoke cigars with your bourbon? I mean, the two go hand in hand.

There is nothing quite like sipping some Makers Mark, puffing on an H. Uppman and chilling in a big leather recliner.

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2013, 10:55:13 am »
pft

How about a $150 two ounce serving of AH Hirsch 16 year reserve? You Southerners think you know bourbon, but alas this is from the Keystone state!

Michter's Distillery in Schaefferstown, Pennsylvania was the foster home of A.H. Hirsch Reserve bourbon. Dating back to the mid-eighteenth century, Michter's was distilling whiskey. As early as 1753 there was a small distillery on this Pennsylvania farmstead. That's long before Kentucky was even settled! Ranking with the world's best whiskies, the A.H. Hirsch 16 year old, is without question, of the absolute highest quality available today. Distilled in the spring of 1974 (and no longer produced), Hirsch Reserve whiskies are the only example of their type currently available. These rare Bourbon whiskies were distilled in the time-honored Kentucky pot-still tradition, a slower, more work intensive, more expensive relic of a bygone era. The whiskies show the benefits traditional cask aging gives to Bourbon. Hirsch Reserve stands in the class of top-flight single malt Scotch Whisky and Grand Champagne Cognac, offering a silky smooth texture and perfectly balanced flavors of sweet oak, maple and spice. The aftertaste is round, rich, very long and mellow.

Plus you can also have a nice $31 burger with foie gras and a side of duck fat french fries.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2013, 11:20:59 am »
pft

How about a $150 two ounce serving of AH Hirsch 16 year reserve? You Southerners think you know bourbon, but alas this is from the Keystone state!

Plus you can also have a nice $31 burger with foie gras and a side of duck fat french fries.

Take me there when I come up. You pay.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2013, 11:33:20 am »
Take me there when I come up. You pay.

Should I take you to the secretive Ranstead Room -- no sign, just a "double R" in red on the door and it's in an alley. Or Hop Sing Laundromat in Chinatown? They make you check your cell phones at the door there... better leave your bolo ties and Izods at home. I guess I'll have to dress you -- are we the same size?

Offline denb45

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2013, 12:21:13 pm »
Baileys = LOL (especially for a man!) ::)

Oh so now you wanna attack my masculinity

I see   ::)

Offline denb45

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2013, 12:23:20 pm »
I love Bailey's over ice Den, but it goes down too well, before I know it the whole bottle is gone, the longest an open bottle ever lasted in my house was three days.  ;D

Aroha

YES, Jan I like things that go down smoothly, helps my G.I. Disease  ;)

the bailey doesn't last to long around the house (Bob likes it over rocks), I drink it w/ hot black coffee

YUM  :-*

HUGS

DEN  :D

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2013, 04:05:58 pm »
Seems like the scots have upped production dramatically of all qualities of scotch.  Pity about the thousands of gallons but we'll survive. The other day I bought some Knockando, never saw it anywhere in switzerland and there it was at the discount supermarket... Pretty cheap. Next to it was a bottle of 18 yo single malt never heard of, bought it for under 30 bucks. Turns out its some sort of swiss import no name generic, and not bad at all! 
I wonder if the dirty secret is that there's just too damn much scotch now?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2013, 04:41:43 pm »
You people drink too much.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2013, 08:27:39 pm »
You people drink too much.

I usually just have a good drink once a year, but it normally lasts about 3 weeks, with the occasional Bailey's or glass if Lambrusco now and again   ;).

Hugs

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2013, 10:19:14 pm »
You can always mix the Yukon with Baileys and Butterscotch schnapps.   :)!
 8)
How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline mecch

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2013, 11:06:01 pm »
To each his own. I don't like most alcohol that comes sweet out of the bottle, but sweet cocktails mixed up can hit the spot...
Vaguely sweet bourbons rums and whiskies are tasty, though.
You can have your Baileys if you insist.  I think its a blot of shame on Ireland but hey who asked me.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2013, 12:18:03 am »
You can always mix the Yukon with Baileys and Butterscotch schnapps.   :)!
 8)

That actually sounds quite nice Kitty, but I doubt we would get Yukon here in NZ anyway.

Aroha

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2013, 02:17:47 am »
Alcohol is why all of you folks are overweight. :-X

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2013, 03:44:36 am »
I've switched to pills.  No calories. 

When I drank, it was beer.  Well, sometimes a nice fruity drink.  You know, a lovely fuzzy navel.  Whiskey sour, when I was feeling tough.  Goldschlager was the only thing to lay me out.  Got so sick.  Messy sick.  Woke up with the car running on a very cold morning-- about 9am.  The car was running for 5 hours.  Not good for the environment, but I didn't drink and drive.  Although, I still could have been charged, since the keys were in the ignition. 

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2013, 04:37:01 am »

How very dare you!!!..it's the pills not the booze, well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Aroha

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2013, 06:52:33 am »

Klonopin is why you're bald.

Offline mecch

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2013, 12:08:36 pm »
Well Broadway doesn't go for booze and dope...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfyhaXlKNts

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2013, 12:18:15 pm »
Klonopin is why you're bald.

Child please. By the time I began popping sedatives the hair was already gone. Long gone.

But if you're gonna drink, stick with vodka and club soda -- that's been my go-to for three decades. Only 82 calories, no fat, no carbs!

ps: Jillian Michaels says to limit yourself to only two alcoholic low-calorie options per week... fatties. I saw this last night on Chelsea Lately!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:24:11 pm by Miss Philicia »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.