Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:53:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773469
  • Total Topics: 66369
  • Online Today: 350
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 294
Total: 295

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Went through depression and denial  (Read 3845 times)

Offline jesswebb25

Went through depression and denial
« on: January 08, 2011, 02:42:42 am »
 :(

In the past three years I was going through depression and denial. I basically wanted to kill myself, So I was acting like I didn't have anything, when the truth is I am HIV Positive. I was in so much denial that I started to actually believe it myself. So what made me go through this was the stigma that some of my closest friends and even relatives would put on me. I was only 23 at that time for someone that young it can have a big affect on the mind.

I was really careful on who I shared my status with, when I thought it was OK to tell someone say my family, they would look at me in this disgusted way, like all they would see was HIV across my head or they wouldn't won't there children around me when I absolutely loved and adored my little cousins. That put a lot on me too. The last person the really just set me off and literally push over the edge was a friend of my moms. Well first off I never met my Biological father so my mom friends was kinda like a father to me he's known me since I was like 3 years, I always looked up to him in that way. So the last thing he told me which is what really push me over the edge was that " I'm imbecile, I'm not normal, and shouldn't be munching off of people" that's what he told me through a voice mail on my phone. That's what set me off, so I couldn't take it anymore.

I basically lied to who his now my fiancee for three years, and he studied the medical field as well, so did he know, it's that every time he tried to come front me but I would just Deni it. I Deni it so much that I did started to believe it myself.

So I recently just had scare which what made broke free from my depression and denial. I was recently hospitalize with pneumocystis pneumonia. Who actually saved my life was my fiancee he's been completely supportive and really great on giving me therapy talks. now good thing is that I am doing a lot better now. A lot of therapy talks, and getting back on my meds.

So I just want now if there anybody else that went through the same thing or some what similar

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.