Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:23:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773290
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 673
Total: 675

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Got emotinal and landed up doing unprotected  (Read 9091 times)

Offline dp_shah

Got emotinal and landed up doing unprotected
« on: June 03, 2006, 11:37:36 pm »
Hello All, I read full lesson and just need expert advice on my sexual encounter.

I met a lady last week and she gave me unprotected oral. I did kissing, nipple sucking and fingered her. No other sexual activity. Any chances of infection doing this?. Should i get worried?. From lessons i learnt that receiving oral has theoretical risk, but no documented case. Is my understanding correct. I have no open wounds or fresh cuts on my fingers when i did fingering, so should get worried?

One more doubt i have is that i fingered her and then i touched my penis , so is there anything to worry?.

M i safe?...

Expert please advise.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Still in some doubts after reading lessons
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 11:51:08 pm »
You read the lessons? Seriously. We cover exactly the issues you present on the LESSONS page.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Morgan

• You did WHAT??
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 11:53:24 pm »
Dp_shah,

No risk.

Morgan
Morgan Landers

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 12:49:10 am »
It also helps to read (but not respond) to the other threads in this section. Any doubts lingering over such no-risk encounters will quickly be put to reast.

No risk= still negative, which is a good thing.

Brent
(Who needs to boost his post count)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline dp_shah

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 05:09:03 am »
Hi All, Thanks for your replies. Just one more assurance from u all and it will ease me down very very much.

So according to you guys there is no risk=nill from what i have done, correct?.

Thanks to all in advance for replies.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 05:20:23 am »
Correct, you've not had a risk.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 09:23:16 am »
dp,

You've been a member of our forum for over well over a year and I'm sorry that in all that time you haven't learned more from us. You have never brought anything to this forum that was a risk of infection, including your current worry. Please read through the HIV Transmission Lesson - it is brand new and much more in-depth than the old one.

If you cannot get past these fears of hiv that you have, please seek the assitance of a mental health care professional to help you deal with these anxieties. We cannot offer you counseling here.

Ann
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 09:36:50 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline dp_shah

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 11:02:37 am »
Hi Experts, This time i have no question due to anxiety or stress, its more for my knowledge and to keep me safe.

If a person is infected and still in window period (no HIV detected), what will happen if i do sex with that person?. Lets say i do unprotected sex with that person and next day we go for testing and that person still gets tested -ve then what are the chances of infection?. I read the lesson, but could not get answer to this one. Experts please advice.

This is just for addidng my knowledge.

Thanks All,

Dev

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 11:10:06 am »
For one you don't have unprotected sex until you know that you are both negative and that you've tested together. You know it takes more than a day to know if you are positive. It take 12 to 13 weeks to be conclusive.

Offline dp_shah

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 11:35:39 am »
Thks expert. If partners go for test together and they find themselves -ve then does it mean it is safe?...I am not going to do any unprotected sex, but i still want my partner to go for test before we do sex, and we will go for testing together. I want to take extra precaution this time before i do anything.

My girlfriend has agreed to come for testing with me and she is willing to go for test whenever i want. This is just to be on safe side. We are planning to buy a reliable home kit for testing.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 12:26:36 pm »
As long as you follow safer sex guidelines consistently it doesn't matter whether your partner is HIV+ or not. That means using a condom everytime you have intercourse. No exceptions. Period.

Should you find yourself in a securely monogamous relationship then before dispensing with using condoms both partners need to get tested at 13 weeks after their most recent risky incident.

This isn't complicated. It just requires consistent behavior on your part.

Andy Velez

Offline dp_shah

no penetration.
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 09:26:35 pm »
Hello, Yesterday i had episode with a girl. Involved lot of kissing and fingering. There was no penetration, but my open penis could have come in contact with her vagina. Is this high risk?. I can ask that girl to for testing. She is ready to do that and she says she is negative. If after 3-4 days we gor testing her results come out -ve then do i have to worry?.

Please respond.

Offline dp_shah

Re: no penetration.
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 10:33:33 pm »
Any expert to respond?...

Eagerly waiting for response.

Please...

Offline dp_shah

rubbing
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 10:47:17 pm »
One more thing i forgot to add. I have rubbed my penis against her vagina for a shor while. Is it dangerous?...

Please help

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 11:08:14 pm »
Hello, Yesterday i had episode with a girl. Involved lot of kissing and fingering. There was no penetration, but my open penis could have come in contact with her vagina. Is this high risk?. I can ask that girl to for testing. She is ready to do that and she says she is negative. If after 3-4 days we gor testing her results come out -ve then do i have to worry?.

Please respond.

I will respond to the best of my ability. You have to be patient with responses and considering today is turkey day, most are probably trying to let their food digest. From reading past posts, I believe it is very unlikely that you would be infected from kissing and fingering. The risks are not high at all but the moderators will be able to answer your question more in detail. I think it is good that you did have the discussion with her and that she is willing to go get tested with you. But according to what you said, I don't think there is a risk of infection.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 11:19:13 pm »
DP, contact is quite different from penetration. Touching, rubbing, mutual masturbation, pressing against each other and such activities are not in any way a risk for HIV transmission.

The real risk is unprotected penetration and I am assuming you know the difference between and the activities I've mentioned above.

You have no cause for concern about HIV in relation this incident.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline dp_shah

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 11:21:27 pm »
Thks andy, So u mean to say that rubbing mu penis against her vagina is not a problem?. Please confirm..

Thanks a lot......

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 11:24:17 pm »
Yes, that's exactly what I mean to say.
Andy Velez

Offline dp_shah

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 11:56:41 pm »
Thks a lot andy.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2006, 10:14:18 am »
dp,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You've been a member of our forum for over well over a year and I'm sorry that in all that time you haven't learned more from us. You have never brought anything to this forum that was a risk of infection, including your current worry.

If you cannot get past these fears of hiv that you have, please seek the assitance of a mental health care professional to help you deal with these anxieties. We cannot offer you counseling here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline dp_shah

Got emotinal and landed up doing unprotected
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2006, 01:53:20 am »
Hello Experts, I am back in this forum as i landed up in mess finally. I am HIV -ve person. I came to know a girl last year and we became good friends. She is a nurse by profession, married with two kids for past 8 years. Recently, on 28 nov we got emotional with each other and laded up doing uprotected sex. On 29 nov we went for 20 mins rapid test using drop of blood. This test was done by AFA (Action for Aids) in Singapore and is anonymous. Our results came out -ve. We got further driven into 5-6 times of unprotected sex till 15 dec. Suddenly, my anxiety became high due to fear on what if she is in window period and got infected recently. She says that she was in monogamous relationship with her hubby for past 8 years and her HIV test in 2000, 2003 and recnelty 2006 all -ve. She is ready to come for testing again.

My concern

1) When can for testing again? Is testing after 4-6 weeks is enough for us? From other sites i came to know that teasting after 4-6 weeks is more than 99% accurate. Is it true?.

2) What are my current chances of infection?.

3) Is 20 mins rapid test by AFA is good anough?

Please advise. Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Got emotinal and landed up doing unprotected
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 07:34:45 am »
dp,

This is the second time I've had to merge your threads. Please read the Welcome Thread and get with the program.

You need to test at three months past your last unprotected encounter.

You say you were "driven" into having unprotected intercourse. I'm not buying it. You've been hanging around this forum for well over a year now and frankly, there's just no excuse for repeatedly putting yourself at risk when you know the score. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline dixieman

Re: Got emotinal and landed up doing unprotected
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2006, 10:29:43 am »
Well I think the lesson for you is to keep your penis in your pants and off her vagina... why not do like everyone has told you... READ!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.