Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:42:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772948
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 482
Total: 483

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Carl Wilcox.  (Read 18517 times)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Carl Wilcox.
« on: August 08, 2011, 05:58:30 pm »
In memory of a wonderful and couragous man.

Capt. Carl Willcox
Born: 8-8-1965
Died: 8-7-2011

In love and sadness
Jan :'(
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
Re: Carl Wilcox.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 06:37:50 pm »

My Wish For You
© Debra Chesnoff

I wish I could give you many more years. I wish I could erase away all of your tears.
I want to take away all of your pain. I want to give you sunshine in the rain.
May each new day be a perfect gift. May love surround you, may your spirits lift.
If someone had to describe you so many words come to mind. Beauty and grace, a heart so kind.
You radiate warmth like a blazing fire. You are courage and wisdom. You truly inspire.
You attract like a magnet beautiful things. You sparkle and shine like a diamond ring.
You light up a room when you walk in. If someone feels sad you can make them grin.
You are elegant and charming. You know right from wrong. You are the melody from a beautiful love song.
You are a breath of fresh air on a hot summer's night. When there is darkness you turn on the light.
I do not want these words to make you cry. I do not want to ever say goodbye.
I believe miracles really do come true. No one deserves one more than you.
Please know how many lives you touch. These words are my present. You are loved so much.

Source: My Wish For You, Funeral Poems for Friends http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/death/poetry.asp?poem=34389#ixzz1UToIvN7G Family Friend Poems

Love and Miss You Capt. Carl
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 07:29:19 am »

Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Carl, you fought so bravely, yet you never once lost your sense of humour. Thank you for the lessons you taught me.

You are missed.

Love,
Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 03:10:19 pm »
O Captain, My Captain...

Carl, you fought a very brave fight.   You did it with courage, and decency, and always a sense of humor.
I don't think you ever complained....and you were faced with so many horrible things.   I pray that you are at peace, my friend.

Love, Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 05:52:20 pm »
I posted this in the sad news thread, but I fell it should be put in this "In Memoriam"  Mod I hope this is ok to put this here, I'm sure you all would agree, if any of you ever met Carl Wilcox

Sunday Morning AUG 7th as I awoke , and saw the most Beautiful White-Pigeon-Dove @ my window seal , it hit the window (not very hard), and then perched itself on my BBQ-Grill , I know that was Capt Carl telling me he didn't have long for this world, I will miss him, and our Sunday BBQ-Steak dinners that Bob & I, Norm and Carl use to eat up @ his place, I'm very happy I got to know  Carl & Norm before he passed away

Capt. Carl you will be sorely Missed  :'(
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 11:32:52 am »
Uncle Carl,

The fingers of life, they're slippery aren't they?

I know how desperately you wanted to hang on but you just couldn't manage it.

We understand. We've been here before. We would do anything to have you back.

Back here amongst us. Pushing limits and taking names.

But we can't have you.

Back, or otherwise. :(

This place just isn't the same without you. Each morning, when I pull my fat ass out of bed I think of you and hot tears -

Well, they cloud my day.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.