Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:12:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773217
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 503
Total: 506

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Bah, iPods.  (Read 3973 times)

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
Bah, iPods.
« on: January 16, 2007, 03:48:59 am »
I think my iPod has died.
I'm extremely broken up about it.

You see, I have every mp3 I own on there and I am terrible at saving things so it's mostly just all on there. I plug it in, and it doesn't seem to register on my computer. It doesn't pop up in iTunes or under My Computer. The only remote acknowledgement of it's existence is in the lower right hand corner where it shows up as a removable device.

When I disconnect it from the computer, it is frozen on that battery recharging screen and won't turn off nor on (if that makes any sense) no matter what I do.

BAHBAHBAHBAH.

I fucking hate technology, and what's worse, I have some disgustingly important videos on that iPod I do not wish to lose. Assume what you may with that statement.

My iPod is the only thing that gets me through long car rides. Like to go see my doctor, or get up to my boyfriend's house, or to see my grandma, or WHATEVER.

I don't know what to doooo.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Bah, iPods.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 03:53:18 am »
How old is it?  Is it still under warranty?  Or did you buy the Applecare extended service agreement if older than a year?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 03:57:58 am »
How old is it?  Is it still under warranty?  Or did you buy the Applecare extended service agreement if older than a year?

It's less than a year old. I... don't know the warranty. :[. -Should pay more attention to these things-.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 04:21:22 am »
Yes, it's fully under warranty for a year so Apple will at least get it working again.  You can take it to the Genius Bar of any Apple store or if not nearby call Apple's 1-800 number and have them send you a box to send it to their service center in.  They're very quick with such things.

If the drive is hosed though your data will be gone with the wind.  Do you not sync the data with your main computer.  I'd also advise investing in an external hard drive to have a complete back up of everything on both your computer and iPod.  Redundancy always helps, plus drives have come down in price so much.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 04:25:07 am by philly267 »

Offline Mouse

• Om nom nom.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 04:22:23 am »
Well, my friend helped me reset it. She gave me a link showing me what to do. So now it works.

However, I bemoan the loss of my vast music catalogue.

-Weeps bitterly-.

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 04:56:58 am »
they are a bugger for doing things like this.

all is not lost (hopefully)...

backing up & restoring playlists

recreating itunes library

kate

Offline Gary85741

• Native Virginian living in Tucson AZ
    • Good guy, good heart
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 08:10:19 am »

I bought an Apple i-pod last fall so that I could download Dr. Joy Browne podcasts.  The first time I went to delete to what I had already listened and put on the next day's podcasts, the i-pod locked up.
     Maybe you already know or have tried this...but you have to 'refresh' it each time you delete or add to it by moving the 'hold' switch at the top of the device, returning it back to its position (toggling) and then simultaneously hold both the menu and center circle area for six seconds.  That will reboot it.

Gary
Poz since '89. 
Current regimen: Rescriptor, Emtriva, Kaletra, Invirase, Acyclovir, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Prilosec, Valium, Testim, Nandrolone, Loperamidr, Marinol.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 01:14:40 pm »
I think I'm the only person who does NOT own an iPod!  Plus I'm an Apple fanatic so it's doubly strange.  I just don't like headphones much because the hearing in my left ear is slightly damaged, I think from using headphones so much in the Walkman days.  Since I lived in NYC you'd have to have the volume up to the highest level to even compete with the screech of subway breaks on the tracks while in stations, etc.  Plus I spent a good decade in nightclubs with really loud music.  If I even turn up the volume on a home speaker with my stereo my left ear begins to crackle.  Really sucks because I'd love to own an iPod...

Offline swede_dish

• I feel like an angel baby wrapped in a candy cloud
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 01:29:46 pm »
Mine did that too Jaser...Is yours a Nano?

My poor little little was lost for monthes, but I had a sticker of the south african flag  on the back and I put up an add on the web version of my local newspaper (those Ipods are expensive!!! plus I'm stingey to begin with...) and a man who had found it and didn't even know what to do with it so he emailed me and said that he had found it. I was so excited I'm sure I peed a little.

Now Gaye (named after the smooth and suave Marvin Gaye, who frequents my play list) is back in my posession and I crocheted him a froggie iPod cozy.

Anyway...I will morn for your loss of mp3s!

Love to you and yours,
Jenn
"I married a German. Every night I dress up as Poland and he invades me. "
-Bette Midler

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 03:16:06 pm »
I think I'm the only person who does NOT own an iPod!  Plus I'm an Apple fanatic so it's doubly strange.  I just don't like headphones much because the hearing in my left ear is slightly damaged, I think from using headphones so much in the Walkman days.  Since I lived in NYC you'd have to have the volume up to the highest level to even compete with the screech of subway breaks on the tracks while in stations, etc.  Plus I spent a good decade in nightclubs with really loud music.  If I even turn up the volume on a home speaker with my stereo my left ear begins to crackle.  Really sucks because I'd love to own an iPod...

I don't have one either, I'm holding out for a ZUNE!  They're more microsoft friendly... itunes doesn't need to be cataloging my shit - 90% of it's pirated! LOL

-joseph

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 03:50:47 pm »
Don't feel bad, I don't own an Ipod either. I heard of the zune thing but I think these things are way out of my price range.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Longislander

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 06:27:00 pm »
me either. Got some MP 3 player (IRiver?) as a b'day gift 2 years ago (3) and have no idea what to do with it. I use the headphones for the TV's at the gym~ lol
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 07:19:54 pm »
send it to me! LOL

It's microsoft friendly!

I did buy an ipod, but ended up giving it to a friend, because I really wasn't that fond of it.  :(

I'll get my zune... I've just been putting it off. :)  ...for too long.

:)

-joseph

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.