Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:38:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 353
Total: 354

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Am I at risk?  (Read 4420 times)

Offline antos24

Am I at risk?
« on: June 30, 2007, 04:42:17 am »
Hi
I know theres quite a few postings similar to this, but thought i'd post all the same.

I'm a 24 yeard old male and last night I was walking home from a drunken night out. I don't even normally go out that much let alone get drink as much as I did.
Basically a street prostitute gave me a hand job. It was over in about 3/4 minutes max, but at the same time (and quite bizarrly) she decided she wanted to take a pee :-\. So whilst assisting me in one hand proceeded to urinate next to me!  :o

I dont think at any time her urine touched me, but i'm worried that she may have already had some on the same hand she was relieving me with, or even minute traces made it on to my body.

She looked quite (without meaning to sound derogatory) dirty and unhygenic, and I know it was only a handjob, but i'm concerned that a) I could have been infected by her urine or b) by something else i.e if she had something like blood on her hands, or a cut or if she had any vaginal fluid on her hand/s. I'm pretty sure she was a drug user too.

I know people have been in far more concerning situations, but I would really appreciate anyones thoughts on this.

Thanks
Antos
 :-[

Offline RapidRod

Re: Am I at risk?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 06:36:49 am »
Urine is not infectious and getting a handjob is not a transmission risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 09:48:36 am »
Antos, you were absolutely not at risk for HIV in this incident. Getting a handjob is not a risk for HIV transmission and as Rod has told you, urine is not an infectious fluid for transmission of HIV.

Two things do concern me about what you have written. First that you were drunk when you were fooling around. Mixing excessive drinking and casual sex is potentially dangerous as your ability to negotiate safer sex is impaired. Avoid that mix in the future.

Secondly, your questions, (which I am glad you asked), indicates you need to get up to speed on the basics about HIV transmission. Please read our lesson on Transmission. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section. You get the information there that you need to know about protection against HIV transmission.

Happily this time there is no cause for further concern.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline antos24

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 06:00:10 pm »
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I apologise for my naivety and for not doing my research first, its just I felt that I wanted to explain my rather bizarre situation personally, since I know that every circumstance is different.

I definately agree with you though...it was a bad combination and something I will avoid in future! I don't even drink normally so hopefully there wont be a reacurrance! Even though I had drunk a lot I did kind of know what I was doing in a way...i would never have had full sex or anything like that...so i suppose in that sense, my boundries were imprinted in me even when intoxicated. But I know everyone reacts differently when under the influence.

I wish everyone the best and thanks again

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.