Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:32:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 348
Total: 350

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Is "Customer Service" code for something else  (Read 3584 times)

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
Is "Customer Service" code for something else
« on: June 24, 2008, 09:01:07 am »
So yesterday I was standing outside our office waiting for the bus.  Since our office is located in the heart of the homeless district there are always people hanging out.  A guy walks up the stairs to where I am standing and asks for a cigarette, I of course say it's my last one (otherwise I would be giving them away to every person there).  He then proceeds to strike up a conversation.  Now I usually don't carry on conversations with strangers, but since he was 2 things which turn me on , short and of Mideastern heritage, I thought I could at least be polite and talk to him.  He asks me several questions which I answer with short responses.  Finally I ask him if he lives in the area to which he replies that he is living in one of the homeless shelters.  Then he said that he was trying to get a job at Humana, he was in customer service.  I said that would be a good job.  Then...

cute guy:  You do know what customer service is don't you?
me:  Yeah
cute guy:  I mean, you know what I mean.
me:  (mind starting to think) Yeah, you take care of customer's needs I guess.
cute guy:  Yeah and sometimes I do it for free.
me:  (laughing)
cute guy:  I also am into humanitarian type work.
me: (head nodding)  Well here comes my bus, take care.
cute guy:  Yeah maybe I'll see you here again since I am in the area.

I am not real up on code words and such, but I had the impression he was trying to hustle and then started to feel sorry for me and thought he would offer up a pity fuck as humanitarian work....:)  Which would have been fine since all I had in my pocket was some loose change.  Of course I may have misunderstood the whole thing and he thought I was really stupid and just didn't know what customer service meant.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Re: Is "Customer Service" code for something else
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 09:28:10 am »
That is odd. I wouldn't know what to make of that conversation.

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 01:43:02 pm »
Woodsy,

I think your assessment is spot on.  Nice neighborhood you work in.  ;)

Cheers,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline woodshere

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 01:56:48 pm »
Nice neighborhood you work in.  ;)

Our agency office is located in a low income housing development comprised of the elderly and addicts.  I can find everything from crack to geritol and looks like now a little sex.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 03:11:18 pm »
Our agency office is located in a low income housing development comprised of the elderly and addicts.  I can find everything from crack to geritol and looks like now a little sex.

Talk about one-stop shopping.  ;)
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 05:11:25 pm »
You shoulda nailed him right there Woodsy. :)

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 05:19:36 pm »
You shoulda nailed him right there Woodsy. :)

MtD

Yep, I'm surprised at you Woods. You being familiar with trade and backrooms and rest stops and glory holes and dirty bookstores and parks and...

Offline woodshere

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 05:39:10 pm »
Yep, I'm surprised at you Woods. You being familiar with trade and backrooms and rest stops and glory holes and dirty bookstores and parks and...

Well I try never to bring trade into my home, hence the aforementioned, backrooms, rest stops, glory holes and such....  Plus I would just feel so cheap if I had to pay for it...... :)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 05:42:03 pm »
Well I try never to bring trade into my home, hence the aforementioned, backrooms, rest stops, glory holes and such....  Plus I would just feel so cheap if I had to pay for it...... :)

Atta girl, I knew you had high standards. :-*

Offline shadowfluid

• Mike
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 02:52:16 am »
Atta girl, I knew you had high standards. :-*
Hustlers are *always* hot (thinking fondly of the Eminem-looking one that approached me when I was 20 years old living in SF). Sorry hijack.
Jan 08       321/23%  VL 92,000 (very mild shingles)
Feb 1 08    Start Truvada+Viramune
March 08    470/33%  VL 320
mid-May     Start Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada
June 08      571/ 40%     VL   80
August 08   585/ 33%     VL >50
Nov  Lab error!!!!!!!!wah.
Jan 09        535      Undetectable
March 11     756

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.