Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:08:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 209
Total: 209

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Republican Senator busted in men's room at airport  (Read 175325 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Republican Senator busted in men's room at airport
« on: August 27, 2007, 06:10:36 pm »
This is getting VERY out of control with these Holy Rollers

source

Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho) was arrested in June at a Minnesota airport by a plainclothes police officer investigating lewd conduct complaints in a men's public restroom, according to an arrest report obtained by Roll Call Monday afternoon.

Craig's arrest occurred just after noon on June 11 at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport. On Aug. 8, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor disorderly conduct in the Hennepin County District Court. He paid more than $500 in fines and fees, and a 10-day jail sentence was stayed. He also was given one year of probation with the court that began on Aug. 8.

A spokesman for Craig described the incident as a "he said/he said misunderstanding," and said the office would release a fuller statement later Monday afternoon.

After he was arrested, Craig, who is married, was taken to the Airport Police Operations Center to be interviewed about the lewd conduct incident, according to the police report.

Idaho's Larry Craig on the issues:

* Voted YES on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)
* Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
* Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)
* Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage. (Sep 1996)
* Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination by sexual orientation. (Sep 1996)

Craig has a 0% rating in HRC's 2006 Congressional Scorecard.

"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Dachshund

Re: Republican Senator busted in men's room at airport
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 06:15:19 pm »
Is there a straight Republican left? The rumor that Craig is gay has been floating around Washington for years.

http://thinkprogress.org/

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 06:16:11 pm »
the devil made him do it

Rich
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 06:17:16 pm »
Indeed, seems he's been trolling the men's room at Union Station in DC for years:

http://www.blogactive.com/2006/10/senator-larry-craig-whats-with-gay.html

Offline mjmel

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 06:19:02 pm »
The level of hypocrisy is just amazing.

xxx,
Mike

(pozattitude: I was gonna post the exact same words!)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 06:21:22 pm »

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 06:23:33 pm »
or maybe he has the same phobia as this fellow republican

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/016257.php

Rich
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 06:24:55 pm »
For reaction already appearing on FreeRepublic by the right-wing extremist base check here:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1887377/posts

edit:  they love pulling out George Michael and Barney Frank, like it proves some great intellectual truth

sad

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 06:38:31 pm »
*sigh*

Meet the Press January 24, 1999, Sunday 9:00 AM

MR. RUSSERT: Larry Craig, would you want the last word from the Senate be an acquittal of the president and no censure?

SEN. CRAIG: Well, I don’t know where the Senate’s going to be on that issue of an up or down vote on impeachment, but I will tell you that the Senate certainly can bring about a censure reslution and it’s a slap on the wrist. It’s a, “Bad boy, Bill Clinton. You’re a naughty boy.”

The American people already know that Bill Clinton is a bad boy, a naughtyboy.

I’m going to speak out for the citizens of my state, who in the majority think that Bill Clinton is probably even a nasty, bad, naughty boy.

The question issue now is simply this: Did he lie under oath? Did he perjure himself and did he obstruct justice? And that’s where we’re trying to go now in this truth-seeking process. And I hope we can get there. And then I’m going to have the chance to decide and vote up or down on those articles. After we’re through with this impeachment trial, it’s collapsed, it’s gone, then the Senate will make a decision on if it’s a censure or not.

http://archpundit.com/blog/2007/08/27/unfortunate-moments-in-eating-your-own-words/

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 06:53:06 pm »
oh... there's so much, MUCH more! (the original Roll Call article is so flooded the server won't respond!)

link

According to the incident report, Sgt. Dave Karsnia was working as a plainclothes officer on June 11 investigating civilian complaints regarding sexual activity in the men's public restroom in which Craig was arrested.

Airport police previously had made numerous arrests in the men's restroom of the Northstar Crossing in the Lindbergh Terminal in connection with sexual activity.

Karsnia entered the bathroom at noon that day and about 13 minutes after taking a seat in a stall, he stated he could see "an older white male with grey hair standing outside my stall."

The man, who lingered in front of the stall for two minutes, was later identified as Craig.

"I could see Craig look through the crack in the door from his position. Craig would look down at his hands, 'fidget' with his fingers, and then look through the crack into my stall again. Craig would repeat this cycle for about two minutes," the report states.

Craig then entered the stall next to Karsnia's and placed his roller bag against the front of the stall door.

"My experience has shown that individuals engaging in lewd conduct use their bags to block the view from the front of their stall," Karsnia stated in his report. "From my seated position, I could observe the shoes and ankles of Craig seated to the left of me."

Craig was wearing dress pants with black dress shoes.

"At 1216 hours, Craig tapped his right foot. I recognized this as a signal used by persons wishing to engage in lewd conduct. Craig tapped his toes several times and moves his foot closer to my foot. I moved my foot up and down slowly. While this was occurring, the male in the stall to my right was still present. I could hear several unknown persons in the restroom that appeared to use the restroom for its intended use. The presence of others did not seem to deter Craig as he moved his right foot so that it touched the side of my left foot which was within my stall area," the report states.

Craig then proceeded to swipe his hand under the stall divider several times, and Karsnia noted in his report that "I could ... see Craig had a gold ring on his ring finger as his hand was on my side of the stall divider."

Karsnia then held his police identification down by the floor so that Craig could see it.

"With my left hand near the floor, I pointed towards the exit. Craig responded, 'No!' I again pointed towards the exit. Craig exited the stall with his roller bags without flushing the toilet. ... Craig said he would not go. I told Craig that he was under arrest, he had to go, and that I didn't want to make a scene. Craig then left the restroom." In a recorded interview after his arrest, Craig "either disagreed with me or 'didn't recall' the events as they happened," the report states.

Craig stated "that he has a wide stance when going to the bathroom and that his foot may have touched mine," the report states. Craig also told the arresting officer that he reached down with his right hand to pick up a piece of paper that was on the floor.

"It should be noted that there was not a piece of paper on the bathroom floor, nor did Craig pick up a piece of paper," the arresting officer said in the report.

Offline libvet

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 08:11:09 pm »

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1887377/posts

edit:  they love pulling out George Michael and Barney Frank, like it proves some great intellectual truth

If you read the messages in freeperland enough time, a pattern emerges:  Two wrongs make a right and therefore their guy should get a pass.

I'll be the first to admit to schaudenfraude when one of those hypocritical right wing bigots gets caught like that.   If you are into man-on-man sex and a republican, that's all good and well (if unfathomable as to how someone can align themselves with the anti-gay party), but to vote consistently against gay rights as a republican and then get caught trying to score some cock in the men's room....don't expect me to be sending tea and sympathy to his pity party as he tries to weasel out of this.

I'm giving it until the end of the week before he claims that he's found forgiveness in Jaysus. 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 08:13:43 pm »
Maybe they should all start taking lessons off the left. They don't get caught as often.  :D

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 08:33:35 pm »
OK, sorry to go off topic, but where the hell is all this cruising when I'm flying in/out of MSP ?!?   >:(

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 08:48:31 pm »
I almost passed over this thread thinking it was an old thread that was bumped.  Nope.  Yet another one.

I'm giving it until the end of the week before he claims that he's found forgiveness in Jaysus. 

That or rehab.  They have gay rehab now, ya know.  Ask Ted Haggard.

They can get you out of gay as fast as they can get Paris out of jail.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline JR Gabbard

• Union Jacks
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 08:50:17 pm »
About 10 years ago I worked for an attorney who defended (in court) guys accused of cruising bathrooms.  It was my little stab at doing something for the cause of gay rights.  ;)  That story reads a little like the standard police report in a case like this.

My opinion is that people like Sen. Craig, who will never admit their own truth even to themselves, have left themselves very few options for "scratching that itch."  It's either hookers or toilets, and I think sometimes that they prefer toilets because that is how they see gayness--as fit for the toilet.  It's sad, really.

We create our own reality.

JR
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth,
The minor fall, the major lift,
The baffled king composing Hallelujah!

L. Cohen

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 08:54:56 pm »
Yeah, I don't get it.  Surely a Senator can order room service.  Tea rooms are so Joe Orton.

Offline tester8888

• 32,wm, gay, hiv neg at 7 weeks, friend is newly +
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 09:35:11 pm »
Is it really more honorable to claim that you were actually going to pick something (paper~?~! for gawds sake?!) up off of a public bathroom floor, then to say you were cruizing for a bj?!   ??? I am not sure I would pick a $5 bill up off a public bathroom floor!  Yuck!       :-[
7 weeks post exposure, tested HIV Negative.

Be Kind To Everyone You Meet, For You Do Not Know What Battles They Have Fought That Day.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 09:47:10 pm »
I've never, ever had sex in a public restroom.  Can't say the same about parks though.

Offline tester8888

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 09:55:17 pm »
Well, umm, I , according to former Pres. Clinton's definitions, have never had actual sexual relations in a public restroom.      ;)

I def, have never picked anything up off the floor in a public restroom, lol!

Be Kind To Everyone You Meet, For You Do Not Know What Battles They Have Fought That Day.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 10:04:23 pm »
I think I slept with him

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 10:19:41 pm »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 10:22:30 pm by milker »
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 10:22:53 pm »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 10:34:25 pm »
hmmmmm...

For those of you here old enough to remember the 1982 filthy Congressional Cocaine and Male Pages Scandal this little ditty has popped up on youtube!  Seems Sen. Craig appears at the end of the video with a breathless denial!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZXaaFbo6Oo

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 11:09:20 pm »
I've never, ever had sex in a public restroom. 

Me neither.  How that's managed to be avoided is beyond me.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 11:15:07 pm »
Me neither.  How that's managed to be avoided is beyond me.

And I've only done it once in a park -- I seriously wonder how I caught teh AIDs in the first place considering how well behaved I am for a deviant Sodomite.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 11:17:32 pm »
Well, umm, I , according to former Pres. Clinton's definitions, have never had actual sexual relations in a public restroom.      ;)

Hmmm....I guess it depends on what your definition of jizz is
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 11:17:53 pm »
Jesus - I suddenly feel like Mary Magdalene among the apostles

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2007, 11:20:41 pm »
I saw a regular fuckbud at National Airport in DC (yeah it's called Reagan airport now I know). We discussed the possibility of me giving him a blow job in the restrooms but decided it was too dangerous. How a congressman would do that and not think about the possible consequences is beyond imagination. Maybe he's from South Africa state.

Milker.
nov 2 08 start Atripla

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2007, 11:23:22 pm »
Oh, I had a friend who practically was the manager of the men's room at Penn Station, and another who was the manager of the Ramble in Central Park... oh, the stories from those two.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2007, 11:24:48 pm »
I saw a regular fuckbud at National Airport in DC (yeah it's called Reagan airport now I know).

I will never, ever call it Reagan National.

It's National Fucking Airport.

No Reagan.  Just National.

Thank you.

I'm glad you know the airport's proper name.   ;)

Offline tester8888

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2007, 11:28:18 pm »

Hmmm....I guess it depends on what your definition of jizz is

or what your definition of is is?    lol

the officer in the above article describes it as a 'lewd act'.

I am still safe, as  there was nothing lewd going on between me and either of the concerned parties either time that it happened.  It was a perfectly beautiful, wonderful exchange between 2 consenting adults, which some might have paid to gaze upon.  Whats the name of that song?.......Glory Days?    lol

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2007, 11:32:04 pm »
I will never, ever call it Reagan National.

It's National Fucking Airport.

No Reagan.  Just National.

Thank you.

I'm glad you know the airport's proper name.   ;)
I remember the signage battle. And the cost. And I call it National Airport still.

Milker (who digresses)
nov 2 08 start Atripla

Offline libvet

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2007, 11:32:36 pm »
Maybe he was just trolling for nice wholesome ear sex?

Offline libvet

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2007, 11:36:52 pm »
I remember the signage battle. And the cost. And I call it National Airport still.

Milker (who digresses)

Ugh.  I imagine if the Republicans had maintained control of congress, they would have renamed the Washington Monument "Reagan's Giant Phallic Symbol" while they were on their "let's name everything after a two-bit actor with an overblown reputation" kick.

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2007, 11:39:02 pm »
Ugh.  I imagine if the Republicans had maintained control of congress, they would have renamed the Washington Monument "Reagan's Giant Phallic Symbol" while they were on their "let's name everything after a two-bit actor with an overblown reputation" kick.
Congress has had no control over anything for the last 8 years. But I digress again.

Milker.
nov 2 08 start Atripla

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2007, 11:46:15 pm »
I remember the signage battle too.

But it was a little disengenous of Metro to say it cost too much money to change the signs.

They have the most convoluted station names.  "U St./African-American Civil War Memorial/Cardozo" and so on... but they can't tell you what the cross street is on the map.  Thanks, Metro.

And don't get me started on how every Metro announcement, no matter what they're saying, sounds like a muffled over someone's mouth while they say, "George Clinton sodomy" on a loop.

I'm done now.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2007, 05:02:22 am »
And I've only done it once in a park -- I seriously wonder how I caught teh AIDs in the first place considering how well behaved I am for a deviant Sodomite.

Was this you?

http://www.redtube.com/7160

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2007, 05:38:13 am »
Seems our boy Larry was doing boys and blow way back in 1982. Check out the redacted video at the end of the link.

http://thinkprogress.org/

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2007, 06:00:58 am »
Honestly, who gives a rats ass. Are you all saying you don't want anyone that is gay in the government or you just want people that are openly gay to hold those jobs? It sounds hypocritical when most have a hard time on this forum to even disclose to persons in the medical field that they are HIV positive.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2007, 06:06:32 am »
Who are the hypocrits? You be the judge, if you are not interested read something else, no one is twisting your arm.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2007, 06:12:28 am »
Who are the hypocrits? You be the judge, if you are not interested read something else, no one is twisting your arm.

Hal, maybe you should follow your own advise.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2007, 07:08:17 am »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2007, 07:42:10 am »
It's always about family values.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/051710.php

Offline Iggy

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2007, 10:25:15 am »
Why are there no lesbian sex scandals?

- And don't tell me they are too discreet or all monogamous - because every lesbian I have ever known is just as piggy and raunchy as gay men.

Offline northernguy

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2007, 11:25:06 am »
While there is a certain satisfaction in seeing a hypocrite found out, I wonder why their police waste resources on these kind of operations.  Since Minneapolis scores above the US national average on crime, maybe their boys in blue should spend less time in the toilet and more out on the streets:http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime.asp?city=Minneapolis&state=MN

They've stopped this kind of pointless sting in Vancouver.  The strongest word given to park cruisers is to clean up after themselves. 
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2007, 01:36:13 pm »
Honestly, who gives a rats ass. Are you all saying you don't want anyone that is gay in the government or you just want people that are openly gay to hold those jobs? It sounds hypocritical when most have a hard time on this forum to even disclose to persons in the medical field that they are HIV positive.

I'm so tempted to make a Jews for Hitler statement and Godwinize this entire thread.

Offline Iggy

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2007, 01:47:34 pm »
I'm so tempted to make a Jews for Hitler statement and Godwinize this entire thread.

I think you just did

Offline bear60

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2007, 02:06:25 pm »
 :o :o ::) ;)
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline dixieman

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2007, 02:53:17 pm »
Thank you for posting on how Larry Craig voted... on issues that affect people living in his state and all over this country. Its a shame such an individual will keep people from exercising their birth rights to cover for his own insecurities. Here Senator Craig... Married? living dual lifestyles... I wonder if in the past he was ever in the same circumstance in which he found himself arrested but, possibly it was covered up... not pursued etc... How does his wife feel? or the poor soul who possibly may have hooked up with him? He's not very attractive... it would be a major gross out for me to have been the under cover officer... but, this senator is not the only one with secrets ... even in Alabama many in politics live dual lifestyles people just try to keep less informed eventhough its common knowledge among many... it just makes you want to throw up... Senator Craig... come Out of the CLOSET...
Its like I have been at the gym where married men have tried to pick me up... My favorite come back to them... If your wife don't want it What makes you think I would? lol

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2007, 03:05:15 pm »
"Jiminy!" (as Sen. Craig would say according to that Idaho Statesman piece!)

Just 11 days after having restless leg syndrome in a men's room stall and getting arrested Sen. Craig was still pimping the Homophobe Agenda for the Greater GOP Gods with a letter to a constituent about "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" -- this man is really beyond the pale.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.