Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:33:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 624
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 605
Total: 605

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Am I at risk ?  (Read 3596 times)

Offline TonyRod

• Standard
Am I at risk ?
« on: March 20, 2021, 10:54:07 pm »
Long story short, about a week ago I went to a massage parlor, received a massage followed by a happy ending (handjob) but here’s the twist about halfway through this encounter she had pulled her pants down, sometimes in the moment you don’t really think & I ended up rubbing her clit area, I wouldn’t even say I fingered her more like rubbed it & a fine line of me fingering her, I didn’t really felt wetness either & this lasted for about a minute or two & I just stopped, she finished my happy ending & that was that, she massaged my body for like another 5 minutes no intercourse took place, no oral, nothing! So In a sense that’s good news but I guess my biggest “what if” paranoia comes from the idea of what if I touched my mouth or any opening with residue of her vaginal fluids, was there any risk of hiv from this scenario or is it all anxiety at this point ?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Am I at risk ?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 11:03:28 pm »
Hiya,

You can't acquire HIV from touching her and then touching your mouth etc.
Relax and move on with your life.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider talking to your health care provider about taking PrEP going forward as an additional layer of HIV protection.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline TonyRod

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 08:42:10 am »
Thanks a lot! definitely my anxiety acting up more than anything at this point!
So there’s no reason for me to even get tested ? also just out of curiosity in a scenario where let’s say I would have licked my fingers instantly after rubbing her vagina would that have put me a little more at risk ? Or would it be the same & still no risk ?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 08:48:33 am »
What you posted was zero HIV risk, so no HIV testing needed over this.

also just out of curiosity in a scenario where let’s say I would have licked my fingers instantly after rubbing her vagina would that have put me a little more at risk ?

No HIV risk whatsoever.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline TonyRod

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 01:55:19 pm »
Heyy I’m back with one small little concern about this situation, so I’ve been pretty forgetful of the whole situation & I know I’m safe but  yesterday randomly for some weird reason I started overthinking a little bit again like.. ok I’m not really too worried about the fingering anymore, cause my hands were 100% intact no cuts or anything but I started thinking & trying to remember if I did touch my penis at any point after, with possibly  vagina fluid on my fingers, even if that did happen would that be a risk or still no risk whatsoever & if so could you explain why that would be ? this should be my last question & concern thank you for your time!

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 02:28:22 pm »
Hiya.

It's still no risk. HIV is fragile and sexually only acquired inside the confines of the human body as in never being exposed outside of it. Touching our penis, mouth or any part of your body would not be a risk and the fluids you are are worrying about don't contain viable HIV to start with.

Stop stressing, move on with your life. Use condoms for any intercourse and test out of standard routine yearly for HIV & STI's.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 03:45:09 pm »
I’m not really too worried about the fingering anymore, cause my hands were 100% intact no cuts or anything

Just to add, even if you had some day to day cuts, scrapes or minor wounds it would still not be a concern. You are overthinking things.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline TonyRod

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 05:49:43 pm »
Hey, so I’m aware for the most part my exposure wasn’t a real risk to begin with but for peace of mind, went ahead & got tested. at 22 days got a regular check up at the doctors since I was due already anyways full panel std included, everything came out Negative although I have no idea what Hiv test they used but I received a blood draw, if I had to guess it was most likely a regular antibody test. I ordered a mail in test (myLABbox) it was a 4th gen hiv finger prick blood test took it at 30 days, got my results 5 days later, came back negative. So Is it safe to say I can completely move on with my life from this worry ? We’re my tests conclusive ? Appreciate your answers.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 06:01:48 pm »
What you posted was zero HIV risk, so no HIV testing needed over this.

No HIV risk whatsoever.

Move on with your life.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.