Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:03:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773224
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 628
Total: 630

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Do I Have a RATIONAL WORRY AT ALL?  (Read 5933 times)

Offline bboi33

Do I Have a RATIONAL WORRY AT ALL?
« on: August 12, 2009, 09:59:19 pm »
Ann or Andy or Someone,

Last week I did something I am not really proud about and hoping GOD will forgive me and give me one more chance.

I messed around with a random girl at bar who I have no clue about. We did not have vaginal or anal intercourse. However, I did mess around with her vagina with my hands. I touched her clitoris vigoursly and she got kind of wet. Is that where the infectious fluids are found? My hands were sort of wet and I touched her all over her body. THEN WITHOUT THINKING, I put mouth on her breast and sucked it and her nipple. I have a missing tooth in my mouth...help assess my risk. I read that only (1) unprotected vaginal/anal intercourse (2) drug users (3) baby and breast milk are the only ways to transmit. BUT WOULD MY EXPOSURE POSE ANY RISK AT ALL?

Please give me an individual assessment of each scenario in an *
Given the circumstances in my mouth:

* vaginal fluids on breast?
* if she was lactacting?
* if I accidentally bit her nipple and she bleed?

I know the last two *scenarios are a bit extreme, but I'm thinking worst possible scenarios.

Do I need testing? Any risk?

Super-duper THANKS!

Respectfully,
-bboi33

Offline bboi33

Re: Do I Have a RATIONAL WORRY AT ALL?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 10:04:23 pm »
I don't want to go the doctors if I don't have to. I hate going in there. :'(

Offline bboi33

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 02:11:40 am »
Ann or Andy or Rapid Rod,
I'm new to the site, no quite sure of the rules, don't mean to be pushy, but i'm a little anxious and nervous. One of you guys help me...?

THanks!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 03:24:52 am »
At no time were you at risk of contracting HIV in the situations you have stated.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 06:26:20 am »
bb,

Calm down already. You absolutely did NOT have a risk for hiv infection. Sexually speaking, the only true risk is through unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. Judging by your hoping god will forgive you, the only thing you're at risk of here is wallowing in guilt and self-pity. Knock it off. God doesn't smite people with hiv and guilty feelings do not allow hiv to infect in unusual ways. It's a virus with a very specific mode of transmission, which is unprotected intercourse.

And before you come back to ask for a second time, breast milk is only a danger to tiny babies who are relying on breast milk as their only food source. Vaginal fluids on the breast are not a risk. It doesn't matter if she was lactating. You're not a tiny baby. It doesn't matter if you bit her nipple. You had NO RISK.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER NIPPLE SUCKING, FINGERING OR OTHERWISE TOUCHING A PERSON'S GENITALS, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline bboi33

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 07:42:34 am »
OK - so there was no risk.  :) Thanks Ann and Rapid Rod.

You guys gave me a reason on the breast milk. But what are the reasons for the vaginal fluids and even biting her nipple (and if there was blood present)?

Offline bboi33

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 08:04:20 am »
I'm 50% better. But its still kind of mind bottling to me that even with someone's FRESH BLOOD in my mouth there is still no risk!  ???

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 09:31:21 am »
Yah, well fortunately doubts are not facts. And you have no basis whatsoever in HIV science for your continuing worries about HIV transmission in relation to the incident which brought you here. Now you're bringing the possibility or WHAT IF about blood. Even IF that had occured, it still would not have been a risk since your saliva contains over a dozen elements and proteins which very effectively render HIV not viable IF it is even present.

Give it up and get on with your life. Really.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 09:34:00 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 10:35:43 am »
bb,

If you'd bit her nipple to the point where you made her bleed, believe me, you'd know about it. Do you have any idea how much that would have hurt her? She probably would have slapped you - or at the very least shrieked and pushed you away from her. I know I would have.

As for vaginal fluids possibly being on her nipple when you sucked it, it doesn't matter. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies. Once hiv is outside the body, small changes in temperature, pH levels and moisture levels all quickly damage the virus and render it unable to infect. Not even going down on a woman is a risk for hiv infection. Neither is sucking vaginal fluids off yoru fingers. NO RISK.

If hiv were as easily transmitted as you seem to think, the whole world would be hiv positive by now. Make sure you always use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you'll be just fine where hiv is concerned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline bboi33

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 06:06:53 pm »
 :) Ann, Thank you for giving such thorough answers Thank you Thank you!!!!!  :)

75% There...

But do you also agree with what Andy said? That even if I got FRESH BLOOD from biting her,etc, that would still not pose a risk? Given the fact I have a missing tooth and that I may have scratched gums, etc.

I just feel much more better if I hear from you...

Offline bboi33

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 06:10:47 pm »
This is not rational but IF she already had a cut present on his breast area...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 06:20:13 pm »
Right, you are not being rational.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 06:42:56 pm »
You've already received answers addressing your situation. No matter what spin you continue to try to throw into the mix, you were not at risk. Period. End of story.

And to answer the question in the title of your thread, no, you don't have any cause for rational worry based in HIV science.

Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline bboi33

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 08:58:20 pm »
 :) OK.

So NO RISK. Ok, I'm generally a paranoid person. Based on this, I do not need any testing AT ALL and could resume intimacy with my wife?

Help confirm this guys.

Offline bboi33

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 01:15:50 am »
Hi Ann, just wanted to seek a last comment/opinion from you. THat's it. THanks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 07:53:58 am »
bb,

You don't need testing. You didn't have a risk.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline bboi33

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 08:00:02 am »
Thanks Ann.
I got it. It was just hearing all these stories about the virus being able to stay in your body for ten years and go unnoticeable, etc, etc that got me really worried.

Hmm...if I had a root canal done 3 days prior to the event. Would my risk change for any of the scenarios mentioned?
I just remembered I had a similar situation 2 months ago at strip club and 3 days prior I had a root canal...

(*) Last question/assessment, please.

(*) After this, can I resume intimacy with my wife for sure? These are the only things I done out my relationship?
Thanks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 08:07:12 am »
bb,

Hiv only goes unnoticed in the body when a person doesn't test for it - when they have had a risk. YOU HAVE NOT HAD A RISK.

None of these extra details make the slightest difference. You were NOT at risk.

This is all about your guilty feelings. Guilty feelings don't cause a person to become infected with hiv.

As it's obvious that you're going to continue to use this website to obsessively post over this NO RISK,  guilt-filled experience, I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. I mean seriously, even after I asked you to not PM me, you continued to PM me. That in itself is a bannable offence. Be glad you're only getting a TO.

Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.