Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 11:00:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My newest blog post...You all know the drill  (Read 12743 times)

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
My newest blog post...You all know the drill
« on: June 04, 2006, 11:15:51 pm »
As you know, I've been posting accounts of my recent activities involving on-line hook-ups on the Spin Cycle, the blog I share with Matty, Ronnie and Hermie. You are also aware that the articles are a frank and explicit description of unprotected sex between consenting HIV+ men.

You may also remember that I was reticent to post a link from this message board due to an encounter that went beyond the parameters of reasonable limits and precautions. The incident I was so worried about is described in chapter three, the one just published.

I will say that from my point of view, this was one of two encounters (the other, I think, will be in chapter four) that revealed what all this overactive libido was really all about, and it was a very painful lesson to have learned. I was retchedly sick with a UTI for over a month about a week after the incidents described and lost nearly ten pounds (which I could ill afford to loose and which I'm struggling to regain). But from a creative perspective, the final 1500 words are perhaps the finest I've ever written, as challenging as the topic might be for those who choose to read it.

So here goes: With my usual caveat:

WARNING: SEXUALLY EXPLICIT!

http://thespincycle.blogspot.com/

Thanks-
Brent
(Who is back to himself again, finally)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
Re: My newest blog post...You all know the drill
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 01:43:05 am »
WHEW!
Brent, dear....

I have stated before that your writing talent is breathtaking, and I agree with you that this is some of your best to date.

One thing I haven't ever said is how brutally honest and downright electrifying your descriptions are. In fact, although I know I'm reading about your sexual exploits in vivid detail, I find myself scrutinizing every word, every sentence because of the sheer artistry of the delivery of your written word.

The only other way I can explain what happens for me is like this: for years, I was a freelance calligrapher. Sometimes, (and much to my chagrin!), I would mis-spell a word, so focused was I on the execution of the components of the letter with my pen and ink.

Reading your third installment last night, I found myself re-reading a paragraph after paragraph, for in my mind, I kept losing the story line!

My other thought is this. There are few people willing to share such private details about encounters spurred off the internet, raw, lusty, boisterous and beyond.....as you are. Or who does it as well.

Challenging? Topic matter, yes. Writing? SUPERB.

With love,

Zephyr (who adores her Brent)

"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline cubbybear

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 04:00:58 am »
Well Bucko, I don't smoke but I certainly need a cigarette after reading that. 

("")("")
Matt
(He who is living vicariously through Bucko)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 08:37:03 am »
Buck-Buck,

Exquisitely written Brent. It has been haunting my thoughts since reading. Raw and powerful it brought up many emotions in me. Just what a good writer should do. I am so glad you are back.

luvs,
Hal
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 08:42:31 am by Dachshund »

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 09:27:42 am »
OY!   :o

Brent, your descriptions are so vivid I feel as though I were there.

Glad you are back.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Iggy

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 09:59:12 am »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 09:53:06 pm by Iggy »

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 10:39:55 am »
 :P :P :P :P
WOO HOOI NEED A SHOWER!

Offline David_CA

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 11:05:11 am »
Brent, I've GOT to quit reading your encounters at work... It makes it embarrassing when somebody comes into my office and I have to stand up....  ;)     Keep 'em coming... I can't wait for chapter 4!

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Bucko

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 11:43:52 am »
Zeph-
I was hoping to get your "cameo" in this chapter, but as you yourself know, it follows the conclusion of my first encounter (yes, there was a follow-up) with B36. You no doubt remember the terror I felt afterward, among other contradictory emotions. I am taking your advice this afternoon, BTW, and will research how to go about getting representation.

Matt-
I'm smoking one for us both, baby. BTW- your signature "eyes with lashes" look suspiciously like a butt  ;D. In an article I once posted on The Spin Cycle delving into just that topic http://thespincycle.blogspot.com/2005/07/ass-or-new-dark-meat-0.html, I used a similar image. It makes me smile whenever I see it.

Hal-
Naughty boy, posting a tease in the comments section of the article! As to the compliments, all I can say is thank you, dear. You know how much they mean to little me.

Mark-
You have followed my writing from the very beginning, watched the progression and evolution as my confidence in my abilities and decisions as to what comprises acceptable subject matter grow and change. You and I have also had enough off-board communication for me to appreciate your point of view. Thank you, my friend. I look forward to seeing you in Montreal very much.

Iggy-
I'll respond to your post in the comments portion when I'm done here, but I believe that you already know the answer. I have alluded elsewhere to an aborted version of The Sicilian Wedding Sheet, which was 1500 words of drivel and flatulent self-pity, and which dissects my state of mind at the time to such an extent that Jung himself would have skipped whole paragraphs out od boredom and irritation.
I made the creative decision to keep chapter three almost entirely on-point (or in ass, if you like) as a short-cut to a description of my feelings (and motovations) at the moment when the things being discussed actually took place. Switching back and forth between the physical and psychic (as in psyche) would have diluted the message, which, for the time being, should be just as you feel right now.
Sorry about your breakfast, though...

Jeff-
Soap up good!

David-
Ah! Were that I could read them aloud to you  ;D

I'll just state in postcript that I am one of those people who cannot learn from the experiences of others, and who need to experience things for myself before reaching an understanding of the nature and consequences of life. This might well be why, after years of attempts with several highly-skilled professionals, therapy has done so little to help me wrestle with my demons.

Thanks for reading-
Brent
(Who will shake the hand of anyone who offers one)

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 03:50:00 pm »
Reading this made me all sticky and sweaty!!

Sometimes I wish I smoked again...this certainly warrants it!

I love you Buckles!!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 05:03:55 pm »
As always darling, a triumph. The shocking and controversial work of the Spin Cycle continues apace!

MtD

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 05:15:54 pm »
Simply breathtaking.

I love the necklace of new words, neverending row of pearls that I turn and toss to see the true and full gloss.

bisousssss mon coco :-*
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 07:42:08 pm »
Hermie...

That was amazingly beautiful, too!

My heart is all a-patter.

Love,

Zephie
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 08:30:55 pm »
Hermie...

That was amazingly beautiful, too!

My heart is all a-patter.

Love,

Zephie

It's why Hermie's on the Cycle too babe.

MtD

Offline Bucko

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 10:18:23 pm »
We all love our Hermie, I just wish he'd blog more (hint hint)

:-*
Brent

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 12:45:28 am »
And comment! We just love comments at the Spin Cycle. Don't be shy -- all comers welcome. ;D

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.